Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion

+4
Amazing Pan-Sensei
dbzhardcore
Not Manchee
The Hidden Spring
8 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Empty Re: Highend // Kingpin's Mansion

Post  Emu Queen Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Joformalbabe_zpsf770223a

i`d give my life
not for honor, but for you
in my time, there will be no one else. ↯

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Jo let out a sigh to match Ryder`s as an rather loud yell was heard from behind them. "Oh my god. Fuck this, I am so out --" She muttered silently to Ryder, about to turn around when he was approached by Jade`s nurse. Well, she couldn`t pull him away now. She frowned, slowly releasing him. Wow, her arm felt numb. How long have they been doing that? She crossed her arms, taking this moment to look over at the Inquisitor. She choked down a loud laugh, clasping a hand over her mouth as she took his appearance in. Was that seriously a fez?   

__________________________________________________________________________________________
❝ Jo`s Theme - I Always Kill The Things I Love ❞
★☆﹙ l e t    t h e    p u n i s h m e n t    f i t    t h e    c r i m e ﹚

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Snowwhite_zps8ae86a37

darling, how i`d love
to become your suicide blonde
to lie beside my Romeo, o'what a wicked way to go!

。。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 。。

Both of Eve`s arms were wrapped tightly around her father`s own arm, her face against his shoulder as she literally tried to contain herself from screaming. She suddenly lifted her head from him, not letting her arms leave his, though. "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod -- Papa, looook ~ !" She said in a soft squeak, bouncing on her tip toes as she watched the guests pour in. Her eyes caught particularly on a rather dapper looking raven haired man accompanying the Inquisitor, and a cute redhead accompanying The infamous Boss. The Doctor wasn`t looking too bad either, but her father had warned her about that one beforehand. Tonight was going to be sooo much fun

。。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 。。
Mrs. White`s theme - Holy Orders III
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 99a2286f-cd37-4fe0-8eb3-50447284a1ef_zpsc0e6c4e9

The Inquisitor
Mastermind : Inmate-X

The Inquisitor merrily walked through the party, none of these Family leaders matter to him, he would deal with The Family later, right now Conqueror Worm and Vulture Team were his main priority, they were going to pay for what they did to him. Of course the first thing The Inquisitor had to do was fuck with everyone, starting with this: The Inquisitor headed for Ryder, completely cutting off Mocha from him in the rudest way possible just as she spoke to him "Hello Ryder! Old buddy old pal! How's your girlfriend doing!?" he asked, the man would be smiling his off off if he had a face. Then The Inquisitor pranced over to Jo before greeting her as well "Jo! Frauline! How's your husband doing!?" he asked her, giving her a matching greeting to Ryder. Truly, The Inquisitor felt like the biggest dick in the room.

"Let's play a game...!"
Inquisitor Theme - Wretched Automatons

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Blood_Mug2_zps9a7cedab

Atticus Benedict

Can you feel it? The adrenaline? Isn't it great?! LET'S RIDE BITCHES!!!

Atticus sighed.
"Dude...you're such an asshole..." Atticus said, shaking his head. He started to feel bad for them. Was the Inquisitor that much of a dick? He looked around for chicks and saw a very pretty blonde with the Kingpin. He looked at her, and winked. He made it his goal to at least get a kiss from her, if not that, a lay.

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Fdf6b03e88a55dee2b83a6f39a0061c11235330242_full
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Mario Falcone
The Kingpin/The Don

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 4eeb8a32-bb47-49e9-94f5-42f0028c0ce8_zpsef6efbcb

The Kingpin nodded as the guests as they arrived, chuckling as he saw his own daughter's reaction to everything.

"There there snowflake, would you like to go say hello to some of the guests?"

He asked, but as the last invited leader arrived, he put a hand on Eve's head, hopefully getting her to stop jumping, then cleared his throat loudly before snapping his fingers. A waiter approached him with a fancy bell on a silver tray, and the Don took this, ringing it loudly and waiting as heads turned to look at him. Once all the attention was on him he smiled.

"Welcome, leaders of the...newer faction of No Man's Land!"

His voice was projected across the room, heard everywhere, this was his place of power. He did not try to hide the fact that he considered these factions inferior, smiling at them condescendingly.

"I hope you will all enjoy this fine evening, where we will all gather to finally bring an end to this most unpleasant war."

The Kingpin paused to light a big fancy Cuban cigar, taking a long drag before continuing.

"Tonight is the night for enjoyment and prosperity! Tonight we shall have peace!"

He said merrily, then turned back to his daughter, showing that he was done with his little welcome speech.

"Will you stay here or run off to interact with the bottom feeders, Eve, dear? I would much prefer you stay away from these...pretentious males. You never know what they might try on you, little snowflake."

It was obvious that he was very protective of his daughter, putting and arm around her shoulders and observing the party from where he stood.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Ryder43_zpsc11f43ca

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
-------------------------------------
"We still have a chance. I can’t give up now.”

When Mocha approached him and Jo, Ryder was a bit surprised. The nurse wanted to talk to them? Why? He looked at Jo momentarily as she pulled her arm away. Although he let his arm fall down to his side, he wasn't planning on leaving Jo's side.
He'd been about to respond to Mocha, but then suddenly, the Inquisitor came prancing over. At first, he sort of just gave the guy a look--but then he heard what he said. 'Girlfriend'.
And suddenly, Ryder felt panicky. Just this vague, sudden panicky-ness that made him cross his arms and almost begin sweating.

"I didn't do it, you--" He'd been about to insult the man, but then realized--he was talking about the other girlfriend. The one who wasn't his girlfriend. The one who was apparently Pugsy's girlfriend. "I-I mean--uh--" He'd so kick The Inquisitor in the balls if the guy had any, but he didn't, so all that would provide would be a stubbed toe--so he refrained. And then, the guy went straight to Jo and asked her about her husband.
'Inquisitor, you dick,' Ryder thought, heaving a deep sigh.
Still feeling antsy as hell, Ryder stepped in between Jo and The Inquisitor, trying to shoo away the cybernetic man with his hands.

"G-Go do...dumb robot things...or something..." was all he could come up with to ward The Inquisitor off while in this anxiety-filled state. His anxiety was clear on his face, but he wasn't going to let this ruin their reputation at the party. Triggered or not, he was going to do his best to still be a gentleman!
Following that, The Kingpin rang his bell and Ryder fell quiet in order to hear the speech. He couldn't mess up here--he had to make sure to do his best to help support Jo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Burn My Dread (Reincarnation)
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Mistress2_zps59af5cdc
The Mistress

Finally, the last guest arrived. A woman, dressed in a priestess outfit, came into the party. Her cloak was taken by one of the valet's, and she was given a drink of wine.
"Oh silly Mario. You know how to charm a girl. I am impressed." she said, and started to look around at the others there. SHe had an agenda to keep. She wanted to meet the fabled, Doctor, and the feared, Boss. Then, talk with the Kingpin, and maybe the Inquisitor as well. After all, she was just a simple chinese woman. No one special...for now.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Paul McAllister
Drunk Patchy Man

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 461165-sven_vollfied_of_black_cat_02

Paul went to his room and got ready for tonight. He combed his hair nice, made sure his breath didn't smell too much of cigarettes, put on his nice white suit, and placed his fedora back on. Perfect. Paul felt like this day was going to be a perfect night.

Later that night he went back to the room where everyone was, watching as they were coming in one at a time. He knew what he had to do. He had to make sure that he drank no alcohol, not flirt with any lady, and only use a smoke when he needed one. He has met The Mistress before. It has not been pretty. It takes all of his energy to make sure that he doesn't even try to hit on The Mistress. Right. As long as no other beautiful lady comes through that door he would be fine. Oh he was doomed. Paul went dark red when he watched Jo go through the door. Crap. The last time a women did that to him was his ex-wife!
"Shit! Now theres two ladies I have to deal with tonight!" Paul thought. He nodded and composed himself.  He could handle it. How could it possibly get any worse? Oh the poor man. As soon as he saw Mocha come in, Paul turned to stone! Literally. He turned to stone and stayed like that for a minute. After being destoned, Paul froze there all red. His body was shaking. He had to deal with these bodacious babes! Paul stood there stuttering. This was going to be an awful night.

"Booze, cigarettes, chicks, oh how I love them all!"
dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:10 am

i`d give my life

Jo had her eyes on the Inquisitor, watching him with a glare that could quite possibly kill a man. However, she began to panic involuntarily as he approached her and Ryder. This really couldn`t go anywhere but downhill. She raised an eyebrow at his comment to Ryder -- he had a girlfriend? She was next; and his comment quite literally made her blood boil. Jo`s visible eye twitched, her hands clenching into tight fists. Despite the look of absolute hatred in her eye, she smiled warmly at the cyborg. "Haha, I`m gonna bash your fucking head in --" She had been recoiling her fist, ready to deliver a blow straight to his head when suddenly, the Don`s voice began to echo through the room. Jo froze, eye widening as her fist fell to her side. Her sight flickered towards the source, her heart nearly stopping as she caught sight of him. His words were friendly, but his smile condescending. He wasn`t fooling her. Surely he didn`t think that putting them all in the same room, leaving a bunch of alcohol around and turning on some music would fix this whole war? As she now began to take in the atmosphere; the servants, the drinks, the food, she decided that yes, that could fix everything.

She looked back to Ryder as he shooed away the Inquisitor, her expression contorting into that of concern as she noticed his mannerisms. Something was making him incredibly antsy. Was it Mocha? She was rather pretty. He allowed himself to be dragged all the way out here for her, so Jo was going to make it worth his while. "Ryder, you alright?" She asked, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Snowwhite_zps8ae86a37

darling, how i`d love
to become your suicide blonde
to lie beside my Romeo, o'what a wicked way to go!

The blonde beamed as her father asked if she was interested in greeting some of the guests; her eyes trailed back to the dapper man in white, whom flashed a wink in her direction. Her face began to burn red, grinning widely as she turned back to the Don. "You think?!" He silenced her with a hand on her forehead, making her cease her jumping as well. And so, his welcome speech began. The blonde smiled at the guests as their attention was on them, making herself a nice accessory to her father. She too could sense the tone of condescension in his voice, although she and him undoubtedly shared opinions on the other faction leaders. They were all below The Family, obviously. And tonight they`d finally know their place. She somewhat wished she could have aided on the attacks on the base; but, seeing some of the dates the faction leaders were bringing, she was so glad she decided to stick with the Kingpin. She looked up at him as she addressed her, smiling adoringly at him. She considered his words momentarily, pursing her lips in thought. There was a legitimate rapist in the room with them. Maybe more than one. However, as her gaze lingered back over to Atticus and Ryder, her mind was made. "Pleeease, papa? You know I can handle myself! They should be more scared of me!" She clasped her hands together pleadingly, her feet shuffling. 

Mrs. White`s theme - Holy Orders III
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:17 am

Atticus Benedict

Atticus listened to the Kingpin talk. MAN he was boring. But his daughter, holy shit, she was fiiiiiiine! He wanted to go flirt the shit out of her, but, he valued his head, and thought maybe once she got away from the Don, he could flirt with her. Okay, plan made, now he just had to wait for it.

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 Fdf6b03e88a55dee2b83a6f39a0061c11235330242_full

The Mistress

The Mistress looked around for people to talk to. The Inquisitor seemed like a likely guy, but he looked a little...preoccupied. However, she spotted Paul in the corner. She met the man before...he was interesting, to say the least. She had to make a choice between the two men. Oh who to choose...
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:23 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder jumped slightly as he felt Jo's hand on his shoulder, then he looked to her, trying his best to give her a smile.
"Wh-Who, me? Oh, I'm fine, just fine," he said quickly, nodding to try to re-affirm his statement. "J-Just--uh--h-how about you? You're okay, right?" He ran a hand through his hair, and put his other hand into his pants pocket. Both were things he tended to do when he was feeling uncomfortable--though he in general did them without realizing. All of Vulture team had probably picked up on his body language by this point, even if he still had no idea about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:37 am

Highend // Kingpin's Mansion - Page 2 99a2286f-cd37-4fe0-8eb3-50447284a1ef_zpsc0e6c4e9

The Inquisitor

The Inquisitor was still kind of there, next to Ryder and Jo, he was an asshole, and not likely to walk away when people merely shooed him. He was about to say something to the both of them but then The Kingpin got involved by talking to everyone in the party, it was nothing but rubbish, and David knew it. He just paid attention, playing by the rules, until Mario finished. When he was done, David turned right back to the vultures "Oh loooook~! You too make such a nice couple!" it was now very obvious that The Inquisitor got a new voice modulator, you could hear his emotions now "You two can both share all the times you've gotten people you've loved killed together~! So perfect!" he cheered to them both before slowly backing away "Oh by the way Ryder... I was talking about the other girlfriend. That you murdered. With a knife. In cold blood. And refuse to admit to. I do my homework." he told Ryder, he had wished he had a mouth right about now. Luckily for The Inquisitor, he had not realized The Mistress make her entrance yet, this party would take a completely different turn when he found her. Jo and Jade were on his list of people to kill for winning against him, but The Mistress was the first person to ever win against him, and she had won against him ever since.

"Let's play a game...!"

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Had Robo-Douche really been standing there that whole time?! Ryder had been sure that his shooing would work...
When The Inquisitor made the comment about Ryder and Jo looking like a nice couple, Ryder blushed bright red--but as soon as The Inquisitor kept talking, all of the color seemed to slowly drain from Ryder's face until he was nearly as pale as a sheet.

"I-I...I didn't...!" His throat suddenly felt dry--too dry--like a desert...and words didn't seem to want to come. He doubled over, hugging himself with his arms, eyes fixed on the floor as a sudden feeling of extreme rage overtook him. It was taking every ounce of his willpower to not reach into his coat and pull out his gun and blast a hole through The Inquisitor's head. Normally, he'd be shouting his head off at the guy, but he couldn't do that now--he couldn't ruin Jo's reputation. So, he tried his best to channel his anger out somehow else, his voice coming out as a string of angry whispers,
"I didn't do it, I'm not a fucking murderer, you fucking--I'm not--You--You don't know anything! You don't know a fucking thing! Don't think that you can just--" The need to severely injure this guy ended up becoming a choked action of stomping on the cybernetic man's foot, which ended up just hurting Ryder's own foot, thus summoning another string of quiet curses from his mouth, "Ow, fucking hell, shit!" This was really difficult. He wanted to yell, to shout out his innocence--he wanted to hurt the Inquisitor so bad that the manufacturers of the guy's parts would feel it. Not really sure what else to do, he reached up to the Inquisitor's neck--and tore off the man's bowtie. And then he threw the bowtie on the ground and stomped on it furiously until it was just a crumpled mess of dirty fabric. That bowtie was not having a good day. He wanted to knock the guy's fez off, too, but the guy was too damn tall!
His hands clenching and unclenching in fists, Ryder desperately looked around for anything else that he could use to appropriately vent his sudden fury on--and found nothing. He glared up at the Inquisitor, and spoke to him in a quiet voice that seemed to very much want to become a very loud voice.

"Don't you fucking act like you know what happened, you piece of shit. You're lucky that we're here, otherwise I'd--" He let out a noise of frustration, then, in an act of desperation, turned, and began heading back towards the entrance. "I need a moment--!"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:29 am

i`d give my life

Jo narrowed her eye slightly at Ryder, studying him in silence. "Who, me?" She mimicked, raising an eyebrow. She knew these behaviors all too well; everyone on Vulture Team did, since they weren`t all too subtle. Something was bugging him. "I`m not the one stammering like an idiot. C'mon, Ryder, tell me whats--" Then the Inquisitor happened. She stared at him, eye wide as he spoke. A light blush dusted over her as he said her and Ryder made a good couple -- but, it disappeared as he just kept going. And going. And going. It was all happening really fast. Jo`s face was contorting into one of pure fury. Screw her reputation or whatever; she reached for her revolver, but froze as she noticed Ryder. She reached a hand out to him, stopping as he began to whisper angrily at the Inquisitor. Her eyebrows raised; this was the first she had heard of any of that girlfriend business. She had assumed he was talking about Ivy earlier. Ryder was definitely not the kind of person she`d take to do something like that, though. Surely the Inquisitor was trying to get on their nerves -- but to get this kind of effect out of Ryder of all people?

There was something she wasn`t seeing. She didn`t really know what to say; the blunette just watched, stunned as Ryder smashed the cyborg`s bowtie into the ground. She stared at it`s remains, mentally cheering for her friend. "R - Ryder --" He walked away, fumingly infuriated. She debated following him, but she felt he needed a moment to himself. Jo cleared her throat, looking back up at the Inquisitor. She had to say something. Something that would set him off. Something that would send him spiraling into an equal amount of anguish as Ryder. But.. "... Your new  head looks like a ball sack." She suddenly blurted, clenching her fists at her side. That needed to be said first, I guess. "I -- Forget that. Just -- You`re gonna lose to me. You`re gonna lose and I`m gonna laugh. Speaking of losing -- how have your arms been?" Better. Kind of. The joke was that she blew off his arms last time they met. It was cool.   

Last edited by Emu Queen on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 am

Atticus Benedict

Atticus was still being an awkward turtle in the corner. He kept his eyes on Eve, and sighed. Damn, there was only one hot chick as far as he saw. Obviously, he hadn't seen the Mistress yet.

The Mistress

The Mistress saw the commotion of the Inquisitor and the Vulture people. She decided that was her person to talk to. She went over to the Inquisitor, and tapped him on the back.
"Oh David?" she asked in a coy voice. "Come now, turn around hun. You remember me right?" she asked. She smiled. "Dear me...don't you look dapper this evening? Are you wearing a new face? Oh it very much suits you." she said, giggling.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:15 am

The Inquisitor

The Inquisitor kinda just stood there as Ryder had his tantrum, then grabbed his bowtie and stomped on it "..." he was silent for awhile, even as Ryder tried to reach for everything else, fortunately David was a tall man, and the cybernetics made him even taller. Just as it was all finished, The Inquisitor bent down and grabbed his tie, straightening it and putting it back on, even if it was ugly now "See... even more proof! You've murdered to be now Ryder! Your dead-as-a-door-knob girlfriend, and my tie! For shame Ryder! For shame! Even I have standards! Picking on bowties is just... so low..." he continued to mock Ryder for awhile. Then Jo got involved, and what she said pissed him off. Fortunately, The Inquisitor could play that game too "And your eyes look beautiful." he replied to Jo after the head insult "Oh what's that about losing? I can't hear you over the sound of the echoes from your husband's cries of pain as you murdered him in cold blood." he replied to her on the other insult. David was feeling quite comfortable in this situation, if there was one place where he shined in, it was situations like that. And then The Mistress tapped on his back. The Inquisitor turned, thinking it was Jade or someone else that he could just play around with, then he saw The Mistress. THAT BITCHY, CONNIVING, SNIDE, EVIL, LOW, SLUTTY, BATSHIT INSANE FUCKING- "Oh, The Mistress it has been so long!" he spoke to her in a pleasant voice, seeing as how this woman was the only reason The Inquisitor was in No Man's Land in the first place, The Inquisitor promptly forgot about everyone else at that very moment.

"Let's play a game...!"

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:29 am

The Mistress

"OH it has. It certainly has David." she said smiling at him. "You look different from the last time I saw you...is it your hair?" she asked. "Because I swear the last time I saw you, you had hair...I guess a hair cut is good once and a while." she giggled. "Oh I crack myself up. How have you been David? I am DYING to hear what you have to say." she giggled again. "Oh goodness, sorry. I'm done, that's my last joke."
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:47 am

i`d give my life

Jo bitterly grabbed the Inquisitor`s bow tie, throwing it on the floor again as soon as he took the time to put it back on. She was having none of this. Not after today. Luckily, she could feel that her comments had infuriated him, which produced a coy smile. And then he proceeded to speak more words. That was never a pleasant thing. Her hand absent mindlessly grazed her eye patch as he mentioned her eyes, her teeth gritting as she did. "That`s -- !" He kept going, the damage worsening. She struggled to reply to that. She wanted to argue that Claus had died a peaceful death -- he didn`t scream at all. But, why was she trying to justify herself to him? Jo stood her ground, trying to stop herself from exploding on this man. "Sorry, what was that? I don`t speak disembodied cyborg. But, you know what`s great? Human skin. I love having human skin. It`s pretty awesome. Don`t you just love your human skin, Mr. Krugar -- ?" Both of their attentions were grabbed by a woman. One that she didn`t recognize at first sight. But, her and the Inquisitor appeared to know each other. And boy, was his voice laced with hatred as he spoke to her. Jo sort of liked this lady already. She would have loved to made an attempt to join this conversation that would hopefully evolve into the two women ruthlessly degrading the cyborg, but something was bothering her. Her gaze shifted between the two individuals and the entrance. She wanted to give Ryder space, but hey, it`d been a few minutes at least! She gave a tiny nod of greeting to the Mistress, offering a small smile as she hurried off towards the entrance.

She slowly pushed the door open, checking over her shoulder briefly to be sure no one saw and assumed she was sneaking away or something. The blunette stopped in her tracks, her eye falling on Ryder. She began rubbing her arm again, a habit of her`s. "Hey, dude..." She greeted, walking over to him. "... He tried to pick up his bow tie again so I took it and threw it on the ground."    

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder had been busy smacking his forehead against a wall repeatedly up until the moment that Jo showed up, and as she spoke, he jumped a little bit, turning to her. His forehead had a huge red mark on it and was probably going to bruise, but he seemed like he had managed to vent out the anger he had been feeling before.
"O-Oh! Jo! Hey! ...I thought that you were still inside." He looked down at the ground for a moment. He knew that she probably totally thought he was a creep now, after The Inquisitor had revealed what was probably the most sensitive thing from his past. "I...I'm sorry for what happened..." He was genuinely worried now. Not only worried that maybe Jo's view of him had changed, but also worried that he might have to explain himself--and maybe that would change her view, if it hadn't changed already. "I probably made you look really bad..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:27 am

i`d give my life

Jo blinked, glancing at the growing red mark on Ryder`s forehead with concern. That was going to bruise. Poor guy. "Y-Yeah, I, uh... came outside." She answered him awkwardly, now rubbing the back of her neck. She used to be so good at comforting people! What happened? She followed his eyes to the ground in disappointment. She wanted to ask him some questions, but surely it was a pretty sensitive subject. She didn`t want to accidentally hit a nerve and make him regret coming out here more than he probably already did. She suddenly looked up as Ryder spoke again. "You don`t think I really care about that, do you? Get real." The blunette smirked, folding her hands behind her back. "Ugh. If this party is really some way to get us all to talk through our problems, they should`ve put a muzzle on that degenerate piece of--" She trailed off, her shoulders drooping slightly. The Inquisitor`s comment about Claus was coming back to haunt her -- she pushed it to the back of her mind, reminding herself that they were talking about Ryder right now. The pair seemed to have a back and forward thing going on in which they comforted each other, and she really owed him. "I... I`m still sorry about what happened, though."   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:39 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

"N-No, it's alright, it was my fault for freaking out...as usual," he sighed, shrugging his shoulders slightly. He really was glad that Jo had come looking for him, though. He realized that the repeated banging of his head on the wall could've caused some serious damage if she hadn't come out when she did, so that was good, but besides that, for some reason--he really felt the need to tell things to her straight. "It's...just a bit of a sore subject. It happened so long ago, and just...well, he didn't have it right. Nobody does..." he sighed again, then continued to talk. "But, I'm not the only one who he said things to...we can't forget that he was an asshole to you, too. So...I'm sorry for that. I should've been there to support you and all..." God, he wanted to just tell her everything! Every single little last detail! At least, then, she would know the truth behind the incident...but, he didn't want to dominate the conversation like that. "I...guess that we'll just need to work on avoiding him for the rest of the party, huh? He's kind of a dick." Ryder gave Jo a bit of a sad smile, knowing that having to deal with The Inquisitor now at the start of the party was only going to be the start of their problems for the night. They would just need to take it one step at a time.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:05 am

i`d give my life

"C'mon, it`s not your fault. I would`ve reacted the same way! He`s a total dickweed." She tried to assure him, offering a sheepish grin. She couldn`t help but stare at the red mark on his forehead; it seemed her was able to collect himself as well as he could have at the moment, but there were definitely better ways to do it. She wanted to ask if it still hurt, possibly scold him about it, but it didn`t really feel like the right time for any of that. Jo nodded slowly, listening carefully to her comrade. She blinked when he brought up what the Inquisitor had said to her, quickly waving a dismissive hand. "It`s alright, really! You don`t have to feel obligated to hang around me or anything. You coming out here and dealing with that is support enough." She took a moment to study his demeanour and expression, frowning to herself. He wasn`t at his best yet. Of course something was still bothering him; you don`t just shrug off things like that on your own! "Ha, yeah. That was my plan, anyway. Calling him a dick is a bit of an understatement..." She trailed off into an awkward laugh, her arms dangling idly at her sides. She paused, her eye flickering between the floor and Ryder`s face for a moment. "... Hey, we can talk about it a little, if you want? I mean, if you don`t want too it`s really okay, I get that it`s kind of... y'know."  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:29 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder blinked at Jo in surprise for a moment--she actually wanted to talk about it? He didn't want to bother her, but still...
"I mean...I guess that it would be better to have you know the full story, so you don't think I'm some kind of girlfriend murdering creep, huh?" He gave a small, awkward laugh, then paused before speaking again. "Well...basically, what happened...I'm not sure why, but...my girlfriend kind of ambushed me with a knife for no reason...? And she was convinced that I had been plotting against her or something...she was panicked, and I was trying to get the knife away from her without hurting her, but, well...we ended up falling...and...she ended up with the knife in her chest. There really wasn't anything I could do after that. Everyone just assumed that it was a murder. They thought that I was just some petty murderer preying on a defenseless girl..." He cringed just slightly when he said that word--'murderer.' He hated that word. It accused, without any room for doubt. "I guess that...in a way, you could say that I killed her, but...I didn't want to. I never wanted to..." He took a deep breath, then exhaled in a large sigh before putting his hands into his pockets and looking at Jo expectantly, somewhat nervous about her reaction. Jo was the first one to hear this, outside of his gang and immediate family. He had no idea how she would react to the story... "And, well...that's the long and short of it, I guess..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 am

i`d give my life

Jo forced a smile at Ryder`s first comment, her attempts at making the environment any less awkward failing miserably. After that she just.. listened. Her expression unreadable, she only occasionally nodded to let him know she was still listening. Afterwards, silence fell over her. She was feeling that odd mix of emotions she sometimes felt. It came to her attention now that she, the one who had stabbed her husband through the heart completely willingly was only now being given a life sentence while Ryder, a man condemned to rot in No Man's Land way earlier on was the one who had only murdered someone by accident. How many times had she willingly killed someone? How many times had she actually enjoyed it? She didn`t care if someone called her a murderer; it was true, and justified. And yet, she was a 'Paladin', the one society praised. She only now noticed that Ryder had been looking at her expectantly, eagerly waiting some sort of reaction from her. He had just trusted her with information like that and she was staring off into space? Oh, gosh. "I..." What do you even say to all that? Jo opened her mouth to speak again, quickly shutting it afterwards. She advanced toward him a step, suddenly wrapping her arms around the redhead. "I... I`m sorry.."  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:11 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

For a moment, Ryder was actually a bit worried that Jo was going to react badly--especially with how she was kind of staring off into space for a moment. He was about to say something to try to somehow salvage the silence, but then Jo spoke, and before he knew it, she was hugging him. He stood there surprised for a moment, but then, he smiled, and hugged her back. He was relieved that she accepted the story...that she believed him...
"Thanks, Jo..."
Any worries that he had had about her possible reaction simply melted away. She believed him--this was a really big thing for Ryder. He hardly trusted anyone with this story--the only other person that he'd told about it willingly was Chelsea. Now that this was over with--well, he knew that he could trust Jo with anything. He knew that it would be totally weird to admit it, but he felt completely at home in Jo's arms. And even just thinking about that just made his smile grow.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:43 am

i`d give my life

"... No problem."
Jo smiled warmly, resting her head on Ryder`s shoulder for a few more moments. She was ecstatic that Ryder trusted her with this information. She had feared that she`d been growing apart from everyone -- she remembered the pit she felt in her stomach, watching Pugsy do a better job at cheering him up than she did, despite her efforts. Now at least she knew that she was important enough to be trusted with something like what he had just told him. She gave him a final squeeze before backing up a bit, offering a grin. "I.. swear I`m not usually this touchy feely -- the situation called for it." That was a lie. She was always touchy feely. A look of realization flashed on her face as she began to examine Ryder`s suit, checking for any wrinkles she may have caused. She couldn`t find any, but she gave his jacket a small tug for good measure anyways. She cleared her throat before speaking again, trying to get rid of that pesky lump in her throat. "So, uh -- you good to go back inside?" She was beginning to worry people would start asking questions, honestly. They had just disappeared without a trace, after all!   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down