Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant)

+8
MercutianUnknown
Raven Todd
Amazing Pan-Sensei
The Hidden Spring
dbzhardcore
Akikazemoon
MochaLatte
Emu Queen
12 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Empty Re: Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant)

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:49 am

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Ryder188_zps5f63625e

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer
-------------------------------------
"I guess it's true what they say...you never know how strong you are...until being strong is the only choice you've got."

Ryder paused, waiting for Jo to come back to her senses, then gave her a sympathetic smile as she seemed quite confused when she at last returned to the land of reality--and then, she asked if they should hug and stuff--
"Oh--uh--sure--" Ryder nodded, reaching over and pulling Jo into a hug and kind of just staying there for a moment, before speaking again, "Though--we do have a few things to talk about, right--? Like the fake Inquisitor and stuff--or we can just stay like this for a bit longer, if you want--we can do what would make you happiest--since you just got back and all--I don't want to stress you out or anything."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - The Real Folk Blues
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Empty Re: Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant)

Post  Emu Queen Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 am

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Jo27_zps7672550c

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i`m a solder through and through
i am anything but weak
the thunder trembles when i speak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

______________________________________________________________________________________

Jo gave a big, cheeky grin as hugs were agreed upon-- sort of-- awkwardly wiggling closer to Ryder, because for a second there it was kind of much nicer to pretend there wasn`t much to talk about... and then he had to ruin it by talking and stuff. She sighed through her nose, tightening her grip around him- now that she had Ryder in her arms, it seemed like she forgot how to let go. "...Right, right..." She mumbled, the worded concern eliciting a breathy, nerve-filled chuckle. "I just- miss this a lot- we can totally do both, right-? Hug and talk and stuff-- you don`t have to worry about stressing me out, I`m fine-" She managed a strained smile, pulling back just slightly to return the kiss he had planted on her cheek earlier to his forehead. Once she put real thought into it- there... was an awful lot of things she had to talk about... but, first and foremost was this Inquisitor wannabe talk- she`d been mislead and turned on this topic several times already- and she knew she could trust Ryder for a straight answer. "...About this... Inquisitor wannabe...-?"   

______________________________________________________________________________________

Jo`s theme - Here I Come
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 am

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer
"I guess it's true what they say...you never know how strong you are...until being strong is the only choice you've got."

Ryder couldn't help the grin that slowly crept onto his face like the huge dork he was after Jo kissed him on the forehead. He had really missed her. A lot. So this was definitely a welcome change of pace.
"Both sounds good--" Ryder replied to Jo, before getting out of the chair and wiggling onto the bed, maneuvering himself so that he was sitting next to Jo, then resumed the hugging. He sat like that for a while, before speaking, "Right...the Inquisitor wannabe. Well...apparently Krueger's still dead. Which I guess we can be thankful for--I feel like dealing with him would be much worse. This new person...it's a woman. And, well...she...she kind of looks just like you...I think that she might be like Jackal...y-you know. A clone. But she was totally goofy...I'm kind of still on the fence as to whether to consider her a real threat or not...her subordinates were pretty threatening, as was the tower itself, but her...? She was less than impressive. Just as insane as the old Krueger, though--you know, before he became kind of just--a brain--"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:22 am

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

Jo grinned all the more as Ryder agreed on both-- both was good, yes-- she scooted over just slightly, sitting with her legs crossed and allowing him space to move onto the bed. She placed her had into the crane of his neck, finding the contact incredibly soothing... seeing Ryder again had pretty much washed away all the stress and frustration that had been building up since Charles woke her up in Paladin`s med bay-- the thought that she`d have to leave Carrion Land eventually was just... excruciating... so, she was determined to hold back on the subject for as long as she could.
As Ryder spoke of the new Inquisitor, Jo peered up at him, listening attentively- and heaving a sigh of relief as one of the first things out of his mouth was 'Kruger`s still dead'. That was an accomplishment close to her heart-- it`d be over her dead body if someone were to try to trample over it by bringing him back. As the mention of a woman Inquisitor happened, though, Jo`s eyebrows flew up-- "Hm-" But then Ryder kind of continued... and slowly, Jo`s face slacked. Her outward response was nothing much- but, inwardly, her chest felt heavy with... disgust- just, flat out... disgust. "...Oh." She could feel the drainage of blood from her face- so, quietly, she cleared her throat, hesitating before speaking. "...Uh- yeah... brains and stuff..." Masking her unnervement over the topic of clones was hard- clones in general, but clones of herself was... another level of things... "... Well, if she`s my clone- she can`t be too non-threatening- I bet she was hiding some super cool martial arts stuff from you guys-..." Making light of the situation was not helping- "... So, uh- you... went into the tower...?" Things hadn`t started feeling truly down hill until the fight on the Gluttony Floor hit her- the imagery of psychic formed tendrils glued themselves to the back of her eyelids when she blinked. "... And everyone`s alright--?"   

Jo`s theme - Here I Come
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:41 am

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer

"Trust me, you're way cooler than her," Ryder glanced down at Jo, grinning at her. He felt more comfortable than he had in a long time, just sitting here with Jo--despite the content matter of the conversation, this was actually quite nice. "...Yeah, we were in the tower...it was...kind of weird...every floor just got weirder--until they just kind of started getting insulting--then they got dangerous--but yeah, everyone's alright. We made sure that nobody got left behind, and Mocha and Dr. Jack patched everyone up after we got back. I think that Chelsea helped out with that a bit, too." Ryder paused for a moment, then, falling quiet for a bit before asking, "Did...the different floors of the tower do weird things to you, too...?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 am

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

"I`m way cooler than everyone- doesn`t count anymore," Jo`s retort was an inelegant snort, feigning some sense of obvious pride as though the compliment didn`t even need to be said. She sighed, again- leaning up against him comfortably. She swore she could`ve fallen asleep right then and there, she was pretty exhausted considering she hadn`t gotten a decent rest since after the Holiday Killer things- but, falling asleep now would be---kind of rude---
So, instead- she listened, shoulders dropping just slightly. "That`s... good-- the patching people up part, that is- not the rest... I`m glad everything turned out alright, at least..." As she spoke, one of her free hands tangled itself with one of his, in some half-hearted attempt at comfort. And then came the question about her end of the tower. Jo, too, fell quiet- her half-lidded eyes trained upon their hands. For a moment, she thought- considering her options, before finally speaking a bit smirkingly, "...Y`know- when I was little, I was like- 'man, being a girl stinks. No one lets me do cool shit- boys have it easy', but, yeah- no- being a boy was fuckin` weird-- couldn`t even walk an` shit, it was so goofy-- I freaked the fuck out, too- probably made an idiot outta myself-" Her eyebrows rose slightly, "I`m sure it was some... illusion thing-" She spat the words out like poison on her tongue, her immense distaste and fear for psychics showing in every sense of the word. "-but, yeah, weird- that happened for a lil while.." She briefly nibbled on her bottom lip, before glancing back up to the redhead.
"...but, nothing else worth mentioning, no." She smiled some, a tad reluctant in her decision to withhold the majority of the rather jarring experience. "...Around that note- you heard of... that Citizen Ross guy--? Did he give you guys any trouble...?"    

Jo`s theme - Here I Come
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MercutianUnknown Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Mushishi1
Atlas Omnison
The Loneless Wanderer

Atlas held Nate as close as he could and let him cry it out... Nate needed to get it out to get past all of his self hate... Atlas had to do the same once... He held onto him steadily and then sat down on the practice mat letting Nate relax on his shoulder still holding the blue haired kid... Atlas held back a tear of remembrance for his own past... The only one who had been there for Atlas was Scarecrow during his time, the voice in his head... He didn't want Nate to have to go through with having no one there for him like he did... Nate had so much guilt in him he didn't want to believe it wasn't his fault...
Shshshshsh... It's OK little guy, Nate You know they loved you... Nate it's not your fault... Atlas held onto him tight and repeated it over and over again so it would sink in... It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault... He kept going until Nate stopped trembling... Nate was a strong boy, but he still needed to learn a few things... First Atlas needed to teach him to realize and let go... He'd work with him until then... After Nate grew a little calmer he addressed him again...
Nate... If you had gone with your mother, you would have been in more danger than she was... and She wouldn't have wanted that for you, you know that... And Elisa left to find you medicine and food so you could get better... Nate you could have tried to keep them safe but it was they who wanted you to be alright even if they couldn't be... Don't demean their sacrifice, do what they would have wanted you to do Nate... Atlas pulled Nate up just a little so Nate could see his eyes... Live!... Be happy... Keep yourself healthy and Love life and enjoy the people around you Nate... That's what your mother and sister would have wanted, isn't it?... Take care of yourself and the ones you still love... Keep them close and keep close to them, they want to be with you... We all do....... Protect who you care about but remember, sometimes you need to let them protect you... We don't want you hurt or worse either... Here take it easy kid... Atlas grabbed his jacket and put it over Nate... He had been trembling and Atlas knew the boy had gotten no sleep recently... He let Nate rest on his chest and held him still comforting him silently now.

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sat May 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer

Ryder squeezed Jo's hand lightly as it entangled with his own, giving her a sympathetic smile. He could tell that she was tired, and while he knew that letting her sleep would be nice, he could also tell that since she'd come with other people, that this was probably a business thing, and she probably had stuff to say before she stayed there and stuff. She...was staying...right?
"Oh--" Ryder's eyebrows raised when he heard that Jo had been turned into a man--so, they hadn't been the only ones--? "Well, you're not alone in that--I was never going to get used to having--uh--...things. Dangling. Yeah." He cleared his throat, his face burning red slightly, not wanting to go into the details of the horrors of growing boobs suddenly. He waited and listened, and as she asked if Citizen Ross had messed with them, Ryder shook his head lightly. "Not so much, I don't think...it was pretty much all the fake Inquisitor's goons messing with us. And later, her. And, well, Jackal got us around that by waving around a giant--" He stopped mid sentence, kind of freezing a bit, before he looked at Jo with genuine confusion and spoke again, "Er...I got your present. Jackal's holding onto it for now. That...Black Mamba setting was...sure powerful...Jackal was pretty enthusiastic about it...fake-Inquisitor didn't like it..." Yeah wow this was getting awkward-- "B-But anyway--! I'm just glad to have you back here safe...earlier today, it felt like everything was going to hell, but...this helps. A lot. It's good to have you back, Jo."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat May 10, 2014 9:09 pm

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

Jo`s response to Ryder`s dissatisfaction to the sudden gender swap was a short laugh- she lightly squeezed his hand in turn, before speaking,
"Same, honestly-- the whole--walking with a third leg skill is an acquired one--" in some attempt to mask any sense of uneasiness- which... she sort of failed at entirely--
She mellowed out slightly as Ryder explained their tribulations further- she nodded frequently to let him know she was listening. This piqued her interest slightly- Ross had dealt entirely with the Suicide Squad, whilst the Inquisitor had dealt with Vulture team...? Well, moreso that the Task Force had in fact been sent after Ross-- but, the fact that they held divided forces on a partnership was food for thought-- wait what was Ryder saying-
She peered up at him curiously, her brain slowly working to process what he`d just said...
Processing...processing...Jo.exe has stopped working--would you like to search for a solution for this prob--
...oH NO. jACK DID THE THING.
sHE THOUGHT THEY WERE JOKING. nO HE ACTUALLY DID THE THING JACK HANDED RYDER A GIGANTIC PURPLE DILDO ON A HILT THIS POOR CHILD--
"HA I have no idea what you`re talking about," That initial ha was pretty loud-- not that she would have noticed, since she was sort of internally freaking out right now. Because she had no idea what Jack might have said when he handed over Excalibrator what if he went into detail about things what if Ryder thought she had more which she kind of did but he didn`t need to know that ever why did fake-Inquisitor-clone-Jo not like it what the fuck was that why did this happen what God should she be praying to right now--
Ryder was saying some more things- and once they registered with Jo, she could almost physically feel weights of pressure settle themselves atop her shoulders. It took every ounce of willpower she had not to excuse herself and leave now-- instead, she smiled somberly, her grip on Ryder`s hand softening just slightly. "...Y-Yeah... I... about that..." She wasn`t at all ready to divulge into this topic yet-- but... it did have to be done at some point. She thickly swallowed a node in her throat, sharply inhaling-- was she certain there was no other way to put this off more--? She thought for a moment, gently stroking Ryder`s hand with her thumb- and suddenly sitting up a bit more, looking over her shoulder to the redhead.
"The Holiday Killer. Tell me everything. I know Miles Grant has been declared deceased- but, everything else..." She trailed off, a very small tinge of hopefulness clinging onto her words-- every millisecond she waited for an answer felt like a near eternity. All she needed to hear was that Bunny and Nate had escaped the situation alive and well-- and that Jack blasting her out of the clock tower was indeed an accident. He`d need to be alive, too-- she wasn`t keen on letting her friend die again. 

Jo`s theme - Here I Come
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Sat May 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Matthias32_zpsb81fc3d7

Agent Matthias Devereaux
*Damian Ward*
-------------------------
"Life... isn't easy, nor is it pretty. Yet... despite the ugliness that resides in all of our hearts, we can still over come that- and that's true beauty."
-------------------------

Matthias chuckled as Justus asked if he was being truthful, and he nodded quickly after the other asked to ensure he believed him. "Just being around you makes me feel better-- I think I'll be alright without hearing about the queen," he explained softly, before he gently kissed the other's cheek and sighed. It felt like it'd been such a long day... but in all actuality, it probably hadn't been. He was just... tired.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sat May 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer

Ryder seemed a bit surprised at Jo's reaction to the Excalibrator--had Jackal been lying about her involvement--? Then again, she did sound kind of nervous, so maybe she was actually involved after all--either way, he wasn't going to delve into the subject--he didn't really like talking about dildos--
He seemed to get just a hint nervous when Jo seemed to get nervous, as well. As she asked about the Holiday Killer, he quickly did all he could to respond,

"Well, let's see...After you...fell...we found out that Jackal--he's not actually Jack. The real Jack is really dead. Jackal is a clone. He was pre-programmed to attack you like that, I think. And, well...after he blasted you out of the tower...let's just say that I kind of...lost my temper." His volume dropped a bit as he continued to speak--he wasn't at all proud of what he had done that day in the tower, but he knew that he couldn't deny it. He had to face up to his mistakes. "Everyone seemed dead-set on getting him onto our side, but I just...I didn't understand why...none of them seemed to care that you'd just been blasted through a wall a few stories up into the air...! Nobody even panicked but me, they were all just asking Jackal to give up on his pre-programmed ways and join us, and I just couldn't...live with that...you know...? And...well...I ended up attacking him, I guess..." Ryder's breath caught in his throat slightly, as he knew that Jo was going to hate to hear this--and he knew that she might get angry, which would really suck--because he didn't want Jo to be mad at him. "I...I genuinely tried to kill him. I know that I shouldn't have, but just--then and there, I was just so angry...and..." He sighed deeply, pausing for a moment before he continued. "...Pugsy jumped in the way of the shot. He almost died, because I was being stupid. Either way, both he and Jackal are alright...everyone got out of the tower alive. Except for Grant, of course...but either way, we all headed back to Carrion Land, and...well...Jackal went...a bit insane...?" Ryder paused again, getting more and more unsure of his explanation the further along he got. "See, after everyone managed to cheer me up, I went to go see him...as it turned out, he'd been holed up in his room by himself the entire time, and he...he did something to his face, with some chemicals or something, and just--he was trying to be Jack. He thought that that was all he could do. And it drove him off the deep end...and the worst part is that it's...kind of my fault. I'm the one who pushed him to that place, and...and right after that, we ended up charging the Inquisitor's tower, where at least half of us had emotional breakdowns at some point or other..." He paused again, a grim frown on his face now. He was genuinely worried right now about how Jo was going to react to this. He didn't want her to be mad--but he knew that he'd made some fairly stupid decisions in the past few months. "It's...been pretty rough. As you can guess. I'm sorry."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun May 11, 2014 1:02 am

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Justus15_zpse06c878e

Justus Maximus Philo Marcellus VII
The Knight of Azure Flames
"In the name of the ambition of azure flames, all servants of evil shall taste the edge of my blade!"

Justus smiled happily as he got the cheek-kiss, then decided to just be content lying there for a little bit in quiet. He'd nearly dozed off when a thought occurred to him, and slowly, he spoke again,
"Say...Matthias? I know that I claim all of the time that things are well, but...do you think that I'm still...well...holy  enough? According to that Paladin man, I'm made of mostly cybernetics now, and...well...I'm not quite sure what to think of that...I thought that I had been brought back because of my clash with Sullonstein, but...it appears that I was brought back by the very people who are allied with Sullonstein himself...so...I've been having doubts lately..." He frowned slightly as he spoke--it really wasn't like him to speak like this, but he really had been worrying over the past few weeks...

Justus’ Theme – Xepher
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun May 11, 2014 2:25 am

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

As Ryder began speaking, Jo settled back against him comfortably. Though, as he started- she blanched at the first bit of information, but quickly composed herself-- and remained that way throughout the entire explanation. She could feel a lump form in the back of her throat as she looked down, in a futile attempt at keeping Ryder from seeing her expression. She`d been fine thinking that Jack Harrison had magically came back to life with no prior explanation-- for whatever reason-- truly accepting the fact that this wasn`t the case was... positively jarring. She knew for sure that if not for Ryder`s presence calming her prior to hearing this- she would`ve denied his claim of Jack being dead, and gone on to deny the claim of Jackal being his clone. It was so much more satisfying to think that Jack was just... back. That she hadn`t let her only real ally die-- that she hadn`t sat by and watched as it happened. The fact that she knew that would be her own reaction, however-- quite frankly... scared her a bit. She couldn`t afford to be delusional anymore... not after she`d gone on such passion-filled rants on how important one`s humanity was...

She continued to calmly listen, showing no visible reaction-- although, as mention of Ryder`s trying to kill Jack...al-- came about, she noted the sudden heat of rage she felt flush throughout her chest. If she wasn`t proctoring herself so carefully- she knew she would have whipped around and told Ryder what happened to the last person who tried to kill Jack-- and again, the thought was jarring. She exhaled quietly, taking some effort into calming herself as her fingers gently dug into Ryder`s hand-- as if to let him know she was still there. She wasn`t sure what caused the sudden flame of protective urges-- but, she was at least glad she doused it long enough to hear the rest of Ryder`s explanation.
She glanced up worriedly as mention of Pugsy`s situation came-- not out of concern for Pugsy, no, never-- but because she could only imagine what kind of toll that would take on Ryder. Jo could only imagine what she`d go through if she ended up shooting Ivy or Emilia in a blind rage... and with how she`d been acting likely- the results would have been even more catastrophic. She tried not to mentally divulge in the subject too much- instead continuing to listen to Ryder, her expression darkening with each word that followed. She hadn`t even been gone too long, and yet... so much had change... she had left all that-- not just for Ryder, but for everyone else, too... what was even the point in cooperating with this Task Force if her work with them wasn`t helping Vulture Team much at all--? It wasn`t like she had a choice in the manner- but, it sure felt a hell of a lot better to pretend she did...

Once he finished- Jo`s expression, surprisingly, didn`t change. But, her eye flickered down. Her lips puckered, and she nodded slowly. "...M`kay..." Like a father coming to terms with his disobedient son. She was oddly quiet in the moments following-- it almost hadn`t occurred to her that Ryder had just apologized. But, once it had, she peered over her shoulder at him, her expression holding somber and grim qualities despite the clearly forced smile pulling at her lips. "Hey, hey... don`t apologize..." She paused, a frown twitching onto her features-- out of frustration over the fact that she couldn`t seem to immediately conjure the proper words here... "Shit...uh...shit happens... look-- I wouldn`t think about all that too much if I were you. You`ll just feel shittier about it. Like, see, that whole shit-storm right there? It may`ve been pretty bad, yeah- and you could`ve been a little better prepared for it, sure, but, hey-- it happened, and now it`s over. No storms last forever and stuff, right--? The streets are gonna be clean as ever, the roofs are gonna shine, the air`s gonna have that cool, fresh feel to it-- and there`s gonna be a big, beautiful rainbow and shit. Me being here is the rainbow, by the way, if you didn`t already get that part-" She smiled again, this time genuinely. "Everyone goes through a shit storm or three in their lives, and some shit storms are worse than others. In our case-- try, like, fifty thousand shit storms. Because people like us can handle that stuff. 'Tough times don`t last, tough people do'-- all that crap. Anyway- you came outta this one alright. There`s a whole bunch of shit storms to come-- and I know you`ll be prepared for them. You wouldn`t be my second in command if you weren`t. I`m sure whatever`s left is gonna sort itself out eventually." She paused her monologue to lean back and kiss his cheek once-- before leaning back forward and continuing. "...I just talked a lot-- I`m sorry-- ... except, no, I`m not-- Ryder, don`t apologize ever, okay--? I actually had a few more things I wanted to ask you about-- they`re, like, kinda happy and not as relevant things, if that`s alright with you...?" She mentally noted that she was putting far too much effort into pushing back the whole passing of the Boss gauntlet conversation they`d have to have at some point in the next couple of minutes-- she didn`t know why she was so scared of it...

Jo`s theme - Here I Come
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Sun May 11, 2014 2:33 am

Dorthy Fentom

The Small Spitfire

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Dorthy14-1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dorthy walked down to the second floor since she couldn't find Daisy on the first. She walked around whispering Daisy's name. "Daisy?" she called as she walked around. She paused for a moment and looked around. "Now... Where can Daisy be... Think Daisy... Uh... Hmmm..." Dorthy thought about this while she looked at herself. "Maybe a bath would help." she said as she went to her room to take a bath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun May 11, 2014 2:47 am

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer

Once he had finished speaking, Ryder awaited Jo's reply, having gauged her responses, and wasn't feeling too confident about the whole thing. As she turned her head and he saw the forced smile upon her features, he practically felt his heart drop into the pit of his stomach. She didn't have to deny it--he knew that she was upset. And another thing he knew was that boyfriends were not supposed to make their girlfriends upset. They were supposed to make their girlfriends feel better. They weren't supposed to try to murder the clones of their girlfriend's best friends--
As she began speaking, when she got to the part about the fact that he could have been better prepared, the words felt like a knife to the gut--mostly because he knew that it was entirely true. Looking back on the situation, there were so many things that he wished that he had done, or hadn't done--and this seemed to happen every time that he led a mission like this. He'd felt fine just leading his own gang back in the day, but this was different. Way different. And he knew that there were probably a fair chunk of members who didn't trust him as a leader in the first place--he didn't want to make his situation any worse. Honestly, he was relieved over the fact that Jo was back...
As she continued, however, he began to feel a bit better--and once she got to comparing herself to a rainbow, he couldn't help but let out a chuckle, giving a bashful smile when she kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks, Jo," he said quietly, pausing for a moment before speaking again. "Honestly, it'd probably be better to talk about happier things--neither of us seem to do very well with sad stuff, huh?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun May 11, 2014 2:58 am

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Daisy_14

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Layout11

___________________________________________________________________________________________
AAAAND Daisy was in Dorthy's bathroom, eating her soap. The girl held about three different bars of soap, munching on them. When she saw Dorthy, Daisy dropped the soaps and waved to her "Dorthy! I found candy!" she cheered before taking another bite out of the soap bar. Daisy then rolled over to Dorthy's feet, before biting her feet "Why are you hiding all your candy in this white room!? IS THiS YoUR HIddEn StACHE!?" she asked, before biting more in an attempt to solicit more information from Dorthy, perhaps to find more candy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Hey.... he he he he.... do you wanna see something...? I found him on the road... I'm naming him Gregory..."
Daisy Theme - Garden of Sinners
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MercutianUnknown Sun May 11, 2014 3:06 am

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Mushishi1
Atlas Omnison
The Loneless Wanderer

Atlas laid Nate on the soft training mat with his jacket over him as he began to fall asleep... Atlas heard a familiar voice on the other side of the door and peeked out at Dorothy sneaking around, apparently looking for Daisy... He saw Jo and Ryder down the hall earlier and figured they needed some alone time... Psst... Hey Dorothy... Over here... Could you help me with something?... This would work out for Nate if Atlas was right. plus keeping Dorothy and Daisy away from each other would give Jo and Ryder so peace.

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Sun May 11, 2014 4:32 am

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Character34_zps586a2ef6
Nate "Blue Bulllet" Hardey
Nate relaxed a little as he sensed Atlas was holding him closer rather than pushing him away. He didn't resist as Atlas lowered them both onto the mat. He felt all of doubts he'd ever had about his self worth barraging him at once. He tried to tune out the words with as much success as he'd had sleeping lately. He kept his eyes closed as he heard Atlas begin speaking.
Yes, he knew they loved him. More than he had ever deserved. Yes, he knew he couldn't have done anything to save mom and he had no idea what had happened to Elisa, but he did know she would be happy that he'd gotten better. But for the longest time, Nate had found his strength in the knowledge that he had hope he could become skilled enough to protect them both from the hell outside. That hope had died with his mom.
Nate tried not to look away as Atlas lifted him to the point where he could see his eyes. He smiled at his words. It was nice hearing someone finally say it. He guessed others in vulture cared about him, but without hearing it he still couldn't be completely sure at times. Nate nodded and closed his eyes as he settled into a more comfortable position.
I'm going to rest but don't let me fall asleep. I need to talk to Bunny, and Justus, and I need to make sure Dorthy is okay. Her mom is really weird.
Nate felt himself falling into a deeper rest than he'd intended. Before completely blacking out, Nate managed to faintly mutter,  
Thanks, Atlas. You're a really good friend.
He didn't even feel Atlas laying him down and calling out to Dorthy.
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun May 11, 2014 5:07 am

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

"You`re welcome- I`m always at arms reach for you, yeah--?" Despite the small pep talk she`d just given- the previous subjects were still weighing down on her-- she could tell. And the anticipation of Ryder`s reply for the next subject was already beginning to take a toll on her-- that she could also tell. "...Yeah, yeah, okay-- we`re both huge crybabies- don`t bring it up anymore." She half-joked, enunciating this by leaning back onto his form an obnoxious amount. She was silent for a moment- rubbing her lone eye with her index finger, and inhaling as if there were a cigar perched between her lips-- there was something about that kind of breathing that put her at ease, if only in the slightest. "...Right...so...uh-- okay, shit, like..." Her voice was oddly quiet, taking some tone of vulnerability, which even she noted was... odd. "...This is-- uh-- gonna be really weird--? And--kinda embarrassin` to talk about, so be patient with me--and--stuff-- you don`t... uh, have to feel pressured to say yes or anything- it`s just... yeah. I-It`s just-- a suggestion. A really, really--long term...suggestion." She was getting frustrated with her own inarticulate nature-- she just... needed to do the word thing right. "...But-- like, the... the, uh- the guy I mentioned earlier. Citizen Ross, yeah? Like, uh-- real, real long story short-- I had a little run in thing with him, and... uh... like-- I mean-- he hardly even mentioned it-- and people interrupted him too much and my mind was---other places---or no place at all, I don`t remember---so maybe I misunderstood, or, like, misheard him, or some dumb shit I`d do- but, like, uh..." Words really didn`t seem to want to come to her- it irked severely. She could feel her face begin to flush with red heat, and immediately looked down. "Right, so- uh, basically- he...uh...said...that-- he`d--watched my... 'exploits'--from back home? Like, back home as in---Scarlet? Scarlet City, that is. The place on, like, the opposite side of the entire fuckin` continent. Yeah. And--I mean, it... didn`t really strike much of a cord with me when he said it, but, I thought about it a bit-- and I kinda realized that... that was the first time I`ve heard of---that happening--? Like, anyone--watching me. Keeping track of whatever dumb shit I get into-- it just... made me really happy- even if they sure as hell aren`t doing it anymore. But, I mean, I...I dunno..." She gripped onto Ryder`s hands a little tighter now, intertwining their fingers and quietly cursing the amount of physical contact that made her far more nervous than she would have regularly been. "...And, now it`s like-- I wasn`t worried before, and now I am-- and I know I don`t have much of a right to...uh, talk about--alla this-- especially not to you--- but, I mean, my dad--? He`s probably gonna be sixty soon. And...people...people don`t--live as long as they used to. And this is my saying this under the assumption that he`s not already... y-yeah." She utterly refused to divulge into that topic further- just the mere mention made her stomach flip and her eyes sting. "But... like-- the reason I`m so adamant about keeping things sane in No Man`s is just--because all that stupid fuckin` Kraven incident a few months back did was remind me of how entirely insane everyone in here is. The people in this city are legit threads-- to... to you, to our friends, to everyone outside the walls-- each time we stop them, we save the world. No shit we can`t let anyone get bigger-- because with this city, everyone`s next target is the world. Always. But... this--fuckin`--goddamn influx of Saturday morning cartoon villains has gotta stop at some point, right...? We`re...not gonna live like this forever. S-So... when... when we`re--uh--done... here..." She paused, then inhaled sharply- looking back over at Ryder for the first time since she had begun speaking. "I...I decided that I wanna go home, Ryder-- once everything calms the fuck down, and it`s at a point where we`re sure it has-- I wanna leave and go to Scarlet. That...uh, being said-- do... you maybe wanna come with me--?"   

Jo`s theme - Here I Come
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun May 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer

As Jo began speaking, Ryder listened quietly, keeping his attention pinned onto her, and squeezing her hand whenever it seemed like she needed an extra little spurt of support. As she got to the topic of her father, his expression softened a bit, gaining a sympathetic value to it. The last time that Ryder had seen his own parents, it was when they had been seeing him off from Derry when he left for the first time, right after he'd made his gang. And while the news of their deaths that he had received from Chelsea had been jarring...he was at least glad that he could keep that image of them in his memory as his last sight of them, rather than what Chelsea must have seen...So, Ryder fully comprehended Jo's worries about her father. Of course she'd be worried, in a world like this...
He continued listening as Jo spoke, and as she drew to her final question and looked at him, his eyebrows rose just a fraction of an inch in surprise. It was odd, but, he'd never really thought of what he might do if he'd ever gotten out of the prison--he'd always been so preoccupied with whatever he was doing at the moment, he'd never even considered if they'd even have an opportunity to get out. But, if they did get out...then what? Either way, Derry was probably in ruins now, which only served to strengthen his initial choice when he smiled at Jo and pulled her in for a tight, warm hug.

"Nothing in the world could make me happier. I just want to stay with you, Jo. So, yes--I'd love to go with you to Scarlet." The thought of maybe being able to live out a normal life with Jo brought a big, content smile to his face and a warmth to his heart. He hadn't thought about it before, but Jo was right--these battles couldn't go on forever. And once they'd weathered the storm out...then they'd be able to just live like normal people. Ryder couldn't even fathom how nice that would be...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun May 11, 2014 6:08 pm

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

Jo was near cringing as she awaited a response from Ryder-- it was... probably way too soon in their whatevership to make a commitment like this. She ignored the large rock of guilt that dropped into her stomach as she made that conclusion, hunching her shoulders just slightly and beginning to look away from the redhead-- up until he pulled her in for another hug. Her muscles tensed, and she remained frozen for several moments-- before slowly, a huge doofy grin broke out on her face, and she quickly threw her arms around him as well. A few quiet and girlish giggles bubbled out from her-- the sudden feeling of relief and bliss were just... far too overwhelming right now. She clung onto him tightly, initially burying her face in her neck before moving up and peppering a small barrage of kisses all over his face-- making sure to go slower this time, less she scare him as much as last time--
Once she was done with all that-- she hugged him even tighter, possibly tight enough to restrict his windpipe or cut off his circulation or whatever have you. Realizing this- she lightened the hug only slightly, looking up with an apologetic smile. "Th-thank you, Ryder..." Her voice came out quieter than she expected-- hardly above a whisper. "...Really, I... I can`t even explain how happy this makes me. You`re... kinda the best thing that`s happened to me in a while..." She gave herself some mental congratulations for not stuttering as much as she could have. Jo managed to be quiet for a bit after that-- assumingly deep in her thoughts. Her smile faltered, and she continued in a much less enthused, and not nearly as audible mumble, "...You know I didn`t mean to call you a fuckup that one time, right...? You`re the exact opposite... I`m really sorry..." She felt her features heat further, over the pure notion that she was actually apologizing for something she had said-- so, quickly, she added, "...I`m also sorry for missing Christmas---and New Year`s---bUT, a little bird told me that your New Year`s resolution was to watch Goldfinger again with the girl of your dreams-- so, I came running--" She offered a very nervous-looking grin-- because wow that sounded a lot more suave in her head wow I`m--    

Jo`s theme - Here I Come
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon May 12, 2014 2:32 am

Ryder Mercy
The Enforcer

Ryder couldn't even explain the amount of happiness that washed over him when Jo's mood suddenly shifted for the better, and the barrage of kisses only made everything even better. He felt like he was walking on air--in that moment, none of the other horrible things that were going down outside of this base even mattered. All that mattered to him in that moment, was the there and then.
"Oh, come on..." he gave her a gentle smile when she said that he was the best thing that had happened to her. "I'm not that great...more than anything, I don't know where I would be without you..." Once she came to her apologies, he planted a gentle kiss on the top of her head and replied, "Don't worry. It's all water under the bridge." He gave her a reassuring smile, hoping to cheer her somewhat--and when she came to her last statement, he couldn't help but let out a small laugh, grinning at her. "Aww, how did you know? Oh well, now that you know, I guess that we have to do it, huh?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon May 12, 2014 4:50 am

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

"Don`t say that," Jo answered his first statement much quicker than she had expected- she was at least happy with herself for masking her tone of disapproval, placing a blanket of genuine concern and warmth over it. "You`re really great, Ryder. Don`t doubt yourself for a second-- you`d be absolutely fine without me. I honestly don`t even know how I managed to trick someone like you into liking me in the first place, but-- I`m sure as hell not complaining. You just... make me better. I mean it..." She paused a bit after that- seemingly a bit embarrassed over her tiny outburst, only to grow even moreso as she felt Ryder`s lips grazed the top of her head. Her face flushed a bit harder at that- Jo peered up at him shyly, quietly adding, "It`s really not, though-- I... didn`t have a right to say that... and you didn`t deserve to hear it... just... I`m sorry..." As his reaction to her next statement came around, she managed another big smile out of pride-- mentally reaffirming that making Ryder laugh was certainly one of her favorite things.  "I`m psychic like that, man. But, yeah, of course! Wouldn`t want to leave your resolution all unfulfilled and stuff," She hugged him a little tighter, remaining like that for a moment, before speaking again.
"...Though that would mean leaving this hug... tough decision..." She backed up slightly, "...I have lips.......... you have lips........." She squinted, adopting a concentrated expression as she brought one hand to her face to stroke an imaginary beard. "........Interestiiiiing...."  

Jo`s theme - Here I Come

Last edited by Emu Queen on Mon May 12, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Mon May 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Dorthy Fentom

The Small Spitfire

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Dorthy14-1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dorthy stared at Daisy. "What... Are you doing?" she asked with a disgusted look. Was she eating her homemade soap that Mocha made for her? "It's soap." she said when Diasy said that she had candy. "It's not candy." she said before Daisy rolled over to her. She took a step back and placed her hands on her hips. "OW!" Dorthy said when her foot was bitten into, and on instinct she did a well located kick to Daisy's face that was strong enough to send the girl flying into her wall. Dorthy bent down to touch her foot before she heard Nate. "I'm in here!" she called to Nate before looking back at Daisy. "Stop eating my soap. I use that to wash myself!" she said to her as she turned on the bathtub. She needed to wash. "Hmmm..." she thought to herself as she cornered Daisy before going to pick the girl up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Mon May 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Daisy_14

Carrion Land // Second Floor (Vacant) - Page 10 Layout11

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Daisy's biting intensified when Dorthy said it was soap "SOAP IS CANDY YE!?" yeah pretty much. Daisy continued to do so until Dorthy kicked her- which promptly sent Daisy flying into a wall. Evidently, Daisy did not like that, as she quickly turtle-faced and started to cry "BAD! NON! DAISY DAYS WILL NOT ACCEPT THE KICKING!" he screeched, before rolling around the bathroom yelling. Her energetic attitude only stopped when Dorthy started to run the bath. This got Daisy to completely stop and... stare at the water. Daisy had no idea what that thing was... but she didn't like it "HISSSSSSSSSSSSS!" she hissed, arching her back up and crossing her eyes as Dorthy cornered her.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Hey.... he he he he.... do you wanna see something...? I found him on the road... I'm naming him Gregory..."
Daisy Theme - Garden of Sinners
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next