Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5)

+4
Skylark-13
Akikazemoon
MochaLatte
Amazing Pan-Sensei
8 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5)

Post  Emu Queen Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:53 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Awildjjoooo_zps0b5e26f0

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill
would you speak them to me?
let the world fear us all, it`s just means to an end

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The moment Kraven gripped her wrist, she tensed - expecting the worst. Her hand to be twisted, or broken; her knife to be broken again. Much to her surprise, her arm was pulled forward, penetrating right into his chest, where she had aimed. She stared, her eyes vacant for but a moment. Was... that a mistake--? He had the perfect opportunity to stop her. He had the perfect opportunity to just snap her arm in half - yet, here they were. Her arm perfectly in tact and her knife still plunged into his chest. With Kraven`s help. The knife was tugged out abruptly - the blonde`s grip still very much tightened around Jo`s wrist as he plunged the weapon into his lower jaw next - and it was around there that Jo`s eye dilated, staring with just a look of confusion -- until he screamed something completely incomprehensible in a loud, almost boisterous fashion. "W-WHAT ARE YOU--?!" Her expression of confusion contorted into something of utter horror, her body jerking forward forcibly each time Kraven pulled the knife into himself - a moment later, he finally ceased, her combat knife flying helplessly out of her hand. That smile of his wasn`t really helping her in the slightest as she just remained still and tense - just keeping her eye trained on the way crimson seeped through, staining the fabric of his military uniform as he remained completely unphased.

There was that brief moment of silence and almost awkward tension - before Jo just up and punched him in the nose. "You want something entertaining-?" She uttered, pressing one foot back against the wall behind her and using the support to jump up and bring her elbow down hard on his head. Because, seriously--she was getting fed up with Kraven`s weirdness. Sure, she faced the Inquisitor a few times - but she wasn`t adept at dealing with Kraven`s brand of crazy, even after spending a whole month with him in Carrion Land. She just wanted to get out of the Walls with Ryder over her shoulder as soon as possible --

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Jo`s Theme - A Stranger I Remain
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:12 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Kraven12

Kraven
The Conqueror Worm
______ ____________________________________________________________________________________

Kraven even stood there as Jo punched him in the face "Come on... I'm still smiling...!" he taunted her, the man had stood there rather stoicing unmoving the entire time with every one of Jo's attacks. He was like an invincible giant. The man wiped off some blood dropping from his nose as she began to run up a wall. He knew what was coming next, the man caught her mid-air as she tried to elbow him and her threw her right back into the wall she had ran on. The man began to twist his neck, cracking it as he slowly approached Jo. He looked down on her before picking her up with his left arm like she was a feather. He held her up, grabbing her by her collar "You know what...? You're not very funny...!" he told her with a grin as he threw a powerful punch to her face. He then did it again, and again. A continuous stream of punches to her face "Imagine this girly...~!" the man pushed her against the wall. He began to elbow her in the face "The world...! Lit up in flames! There is no order... only ANARCHY! ONLY THE RULES OF NATURE APPLY! THE TRUE LAWS! NO PHONY HUMAN LAWS! OH NOooohOHOHOOohohooo!" the kneed her in the gut before throwing the woman across the room, causing her to break into a glass table "ONLY THE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST WILL EXIST! THE STRONG DEVOUR THE WEAK! Sound familiar...? I think it should! I'm pretty sure you've heard this get up before!" the man taunted her before picking her up from the pile of broken glass "But something is different this time... gee I wonder what it is~" he spoke as if singing. He then turned her on her back, they were face to face now "OH I KNOW! Before I was just a raving lunatic yelling shit! AND NOW- WELL NOW I HAVE THE POWER TO DO ALL THAT CRAZY SHIT!" he yelled to her. Then, his grip around Jo tightened until his fingers began to bruise her skin "AND NOW!? WELL NOW I WILL BREAK YOU!" the man then threw a powerful knee directly to Jo's back, you could actually hear the force of the man's blow. Then, he simply tossed her aside, a sublime smile on his face "..."

"Have you ever heard of the Conqueror Worm? The Conqueror Worm is the one true hero of mankind... the inevitability of death! "
Kraven Theme - Rules of Nature
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

His taunts were etching away at her already frayed nerves more than she`d like to admit - the second she got close enough, she`d just dig her knife deep into his skin, and flay it straight off - rip that wretched, goddamn smile off his face in the most literal way she could imagine. And she`d laugh, right before plunging it into those eyes of his to erase that idiotic, mocking gleam they seemed to hold in them almost constantly. However, Kraven seemed to be much more adept at closing the space between them than Jo was. She was caught mid-air, suspended and held up by only him for a brief moment of time - her single eye staring down at him, wide in disbelief until she was flung straight back into the wall she had previously used to her advantage. She slid downward, her body limp, her head just throbbing violently to the point she could hear it thump in her ear. She placed her hands on the ground, not even beginning her attempt at raising herself onto her feet when she was hoisted straight up by the collar of her shirt, their faces mere inches apart.

Her entire body twitched as his fist suddenly collided with her face - her vision went white for a moment, and just as her eye refocused, he repeated the process. Then again. And again. And again. And a flurry of heavy hitting punches later - a crimson waterfall oozed from her bloodied lip, her remaining eye darkened and bruised, caked on blood still fresh under her nose. Despite her appearance - she gave him the most piercing glare, her rather canine-like teeth gritted at him. She was eerily silent - only the occasional animal-like snarl escaping her as he ranted. The elbow to the gut came as a bit of a surprise, though, and quite literally knocked the wind out of her - forcing her to cough up a blotch of dark crimson blood, which landed conveniently on Kraven`s uniform.

She huffed, her head hanging momentarily as her shoulders heaved, her body trying desperately to keep up with her mind and just stay conscious -- just about when she was grabbed roughly by the collar again and hurled right into a glass table which shattered to pieces on impact. She could feel the flashes of searing, stinging pain register around her body as broken glass made it`s mark through the fabric of her suit. Jo pressed her gloved hands onto the ground, slowly pushing herself up with shaky hands, only to be plucked straight up again, even letting out something of an exasperated sigh as she was. Black splotches were dotting her vision - which she tried to blink away, to no avail. She didn`t know what that meant, nor did she want to think about it. Through them, she could make out Kraven`s face - which was now facing her - and definetely hear his booming voice. She flinched, biting down on her bottom lip to repress a yelp of pain as his grip on her tightened to the point of bruising. Jo let out a pained, quivering breath - which just ached and throbbed mercilessly - only to feel herself be risen ever slightly again. Her eye shot open wider as she was lowered straight onto Kraven`s knee bone, an actual crack resounding through the room as they connected.

Jo only grunted in response, falling motionlessly to the side as Kraven tossed her. She landed on the ground with a 'thud', her eye only partly open. She could feel... something break - she wasn`t sure what. Not her back - no, she would be able to move. But, something else... definetely. However, would it get in the way of her walking out of here--? No. No, it wouldn`t. She wouldn`t allow it. She -- She wasn`t dying here, no. Not after coming this far. Not after losing so much - not until she knew that everyone else would be okay. That was all she needed. Some kind of assurance... some beacon of hope to tell her that much, even if she`d be left behind. Remaining where she was fixed nothing, however, so -- Jo planted her hands onto the ground, pushing herself up onto her knees with violently shaking arms, and from there, trudged onto her feet. Her legs shook, indefinitely from being tossed around so frequently, though she managed not to buckle underneath them. She dragged her arm across the lower half of her face - trying to cleanse it of the flowing red liquid currently caked onto it.

Her breath came in hot, almost bursts of air that just ripped through her lungs - which, quite frankly, felt as if they were about to split straight open.  "... Y-You.." She coughed, doubling over ever slightly as she did - dark crimson patches of blood splattering onto the floor below her. "... Fuckin` -- got blood - on my suit...!" Her voice was rather hoarse - as expected, since that was undeniably a hefty beat up - which she hoped to return ten fold. Jo sighed, sounding She cracked her knuckles - advancing toward him and spitting out another bit of blood before continuing, "I -- I don`t... know if you -- have noticed, or what -- but..." Through her balant injured, she grinned - a crooked, questionable half-grin. "I don`t break easy...!" Without warning, she lifted her foot and brought it down hard on Kraven`s own, proceeding to throw a fixed few punches toward his windpipe - targeting the previous stab wounds in particular. She just wanted to get him off guard for a bit - the heavier blows would come soon enough.  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Fbf25568890892fb9708adaea31059bcb8147ccc
Mocha Deren

Kraven's Appointed Name: Cocoa

Mocha was surprised since she expected Ryder to guilt the crap out of her. Make her feel bad about what Kraven had done, but his response was so 'meh' that she stood in wonder. 'He's probably been through so much that it doesn't faze him anymore.' Mocha thought before turning her head to the source of the fighting, from just outside the door. It sounded bad for Jo, and Mocha twirled her fake mustache. "Hmmmm..." Mocha said as she went over to the bed, and sat down. "You know... Even though when we first met you were about to beat the living crap with a bat on Baker Street, I think you've been through enough." Mocha said s she tapped on the bed for a little bit.

"Your all just a bunch of dolls being played with until your creator of the world beyond grows tired of you. You may not know it, but you have lived many lives either before, or were just born. Sure they say you've been around for said X years, but Mocha... Mocha knows the truth. You were just to life only 7 minutes ago so... Happy Birthday."
[/quote]
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:09 am

Kraven
The Conqueror Worm
______ ____________________________________________________________________________________

Kraven's smile only grew as he saw Jo rise up from what seemed like her defeat "GREAT!" he responded, lifting his fists up in a guard. He was having fun, as always, and the more someone fought him the happier he seemed to be. Pain, he never seemed to feel any pain. He was never slowed down. He was like a machine than a man. And as Jo started throwing punches towards him, he started to blow her attacks, though eventually she broke through his guard, causing the man to stumble back. He slid back "I ruined your suit eh...?" he twisted his neck around again before lunging out at Jo. Not attack punch her, stab her, break her back. No. He reached for her eyes, then literally ripped off her eyepatch "Then how about that...?" he asked, looking at her with a smug grin. The man tossed the eyepatch out of the window he threw the chair from, then looked right back at her, bringing up his guard again "Come on... I'm still standing! Strike me down! Can you do it!? CAN YOU!? OR ARE YOU TOO WEAK!?"

"Have you ever heard of the Conqueror Worm? The Conqueror Worm is the one true hero of mankind... the inevitability of death! "
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:14 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Eyelessbabe_zps1c478324

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
-------------------------------------
“Do you really think that I’ll be giving up that easily? I don’t think so!”

Ryder listened to Mocha, the crashes and bangs of the fight outside registering with him as well, though he still didn't really realize exactly who it was that Kraven was fighting. Kraven's voice was the only one loud enough to carry all the way there, and even then, he had such a big headache, that he didn't really care to listen to the man's ravings.
"You know...this is probably gonna sound kind of weird, coming from one of your enemies...but I'm pretty sure that we've all been through more than enough..." He gave a big sigh, pausing before speaking again. "...Say...why do you even still listen to Kraven...? I mean...he's kind of crazier than usual right now...Couldn't you and what Worms are left just leave...? I mean...unless you trust him and all..." In all honesty, Ryder couldn't understand why anyone would follow Kraven. The guy was a crazy, war-obsessed ex-nun-guy. Not exactly the ideal leader, in the redhead's opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Burn My Dread (Reincarnation)
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Mocha Deren

"Ahem brother..." Mocha said as she looked at her nails before turning her head to Ryder. "It's a good question... Maybe what your the word your looking for is fear, and that can be it in one way, or maybe it's the closest family I got in No Man's Land, that is also another reason, or maybe it would be suicide to leave... but there is another reason why I stay..." Mocha said before taking a deep breath. "Have you known someone who had a big dream? But they couldn't see it to the finish? And... They weren't just some guy that you randomly met for you to say... Oh that's sad he didn't get to see it. But... He was someone very close to you? And even though he gave you the option to walk away, you decided to stand your ground and look after what he started." Mocha said her throat was feeling tight. "And even now... I was given the option to walk away, but I couldn't. Otherwise Dorthy would have been all alone with no one to look after her, and the people would have forgotten what Jade had set out to do. It wasn't war, it was peace... I just don't see where else I could do this..." Mocha said with deep breaths. This was obviously something very close to her. "I would give anything to rest, and say to hell to it all, but I can't. If I leave... No one would stay and try..." Mocha said before getting up, and took more deep breaths. She heard what was going on outside and sighed. "Looks like Jo is trying her best to get you out of here..."

"Your all just a bunch of dolls being played with until your creator of the world beyond grows tired of you. You may not know it, but you have lived many lives either before, or were just born. Sure they say you've been around for said X years, but Mocha... Mocha knows the truth. You were just to life only 7 minutes ago so... Happy Birthday."
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder listened to Mocha's explanation, and could only think of one person, when she asked if she knew anyone in that situation: Wynn. Ryder's old second-in-command had probably felt exactly like that...great, now he was feeling sad again--wait.
"Hold up--" Ryder said just after Mocha made her last statement. "That's Jo out there? Fighting Kraven?" He just--oh wow. He was worried now. If that blonde bastard took Jo's eye, Ryder was gonna rip him a new one--
He pushed himself to the side of the bed, and tried to stand up--staggering quite a bit and needing to support himself by a hand on the edge of the bed.
"I can't just be sitting around here--I have to go to her...!"
'And do what?', he asked himself. He knew the condition he was in right now was much less than ideal--but what was even less ideal was the idea of Jo fighting that maniac all on her own. Ryder knew firsthand how strong the man had become--he wasn't just some raving lunatic anymore. Now, he was a raving lunatic with weird magic shit and suddenly much better fighting skills. Somehow--Ryder didn't really know how--but the man had become much more of a threat.
God, he didn't even know what direction the door was in...! What was he thinking he could do...?! He really had no idea...but he didn't want to leave Jo hanging like that...especially after she'd made it all this way...!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

For whatever reason, the fact that Kraven showed no real signs of pain didn`t alarm her in the slightest - whatever it was that was making him like that, Jo would mimic on her own for as long as she could. She could feel her blood still gradually trickling down her face, splattering down onto her collar. And, undoubtedly - the same red liquid was seeping through the fabric of her suit, although she couldn`t exactly establish where the wound even were. Regardless, she continued to throw a flurry of punches in his direction, even as he blocked - each punch just increasing in prowess as she tried to breach his defenses, eventually succeeding and causing his guard to drop for a mere moment. She kept her fists up and clenched, ignoring the white pain that still absorbed her body as she glared Kraven down readily when he abruptly lunged toward her - she was ready if he reached for her arm again, or tried to grab her and smash her back against his knee again - but, instead, he reached for her face. Not punched her face, or even kicked -- he reached for it.

Jo`s initial internal reaction was panic, her clenched throat not allowing her to scream at him to not touch her eye or else; since the thought him just up and gauging it out with his bare hands was not at all unexpected. But, no - he was reaching for the right one. Before she could so much as register what had happened - she felt the distinctive lack of something around her head. She had to turn her head fully, so her left eye could catch the sight of her eye patch flying out the broken window - plummeting straight out of the Walls.

She could feel her stomach drop, her eye dilate - her breathing hitch. He did not. He did just NOT.
Her gaze snapped back to him. Her single eye was just seeping with fury -- and for the first time, she didn`t reach to cover that looming empty socket. "Kraven," She hissed through gritted teeth, clenching her fist until her knuckles were a pale, whiteish tone. She recoiled her arm, and delivered a punch to his gut, before grappling both his arms forcibly. She could feel burst after burst of adrenaline coursing through her - making the immense pain from Kraven`s previous beating feel almost numb. "What you`re not getting," Her voice was choked, hoarse, and pained - but she was nothing but persistent. She pulled him toward her slightly, shifting her weight momentarily to send a strong kick to his lower legs, to throw him off his center gravity. "--IS THAT I`M THE FITTEST." With that, she released him and raised her leg up high, and kicked him in straight in the chest - sending the blonde crashing straight out of the same window her eye patch had.   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:24 am

Kraven
The Conqueror Worm

Kraven continued to block Jo's punches, she was getting really predictable with those punches "What!? Are we playing rockem sockem robots!? I call the red one!" he taunted her as he continued to guard against her attacks. But then, she didn't seem to react well to the eyepatch thing, which is exactly what Kraven wanted. As she called his name 'Kraven' he replied "Catherine- I mean Josephine. Wait what game are we playing again!?" and then she did the thing, getting him in the gut, grappling his arms, managing to pick the giant man up. He looked astonished at Jo, to the point where it seemed almost out of character for him "Oh shit-!" the man jammed one of his fingers into Jo's eyeless socket in an attempt to fight back "Oh...? You're the most fit? Huh..." he said rather casually, suddenly stopping everything and looking at her with an expression of disbelief before he was thrown out a window yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" waving his hands around, you could hear his voice lowering and echoing upwards.

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:36 am

Mocha Deren

"Red..." Mocha said as Ryder got up to go over to wherever Jo is. "And what do you plan on doing?" Mocha said as she walked over to Ryder with ease and took him by the waist so that he could lean on her. "Lean on me, and don't say anything." Mocha said as she went to open the door. When she opened the door she heard Kraven crying out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And Jo shouting I am the fittest! "... I don't care anymore..." Mocha said since she was sure with whatever was pumped into Kraven's system that he was fine. And if he wasn't... Shit... She might as well check up on him anyway when she got Ryder out of here. She lead Ryder back until they were only a couple of feet from Jo. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell~ Good sir~ This is your whipper-snapper Girlfriend! My name is Doctor Vangesal! Not Mocha! Mocha would totally not help you get out of here so that this shit can stop! Now go along, and don't bring your sad toccus back here or Doctor Vandesal will have to do something dangerous! Whopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhop~" Mocha said in case anyway was watching. She did her best... Not to act like her. "Okay you seriously done? Where is Kraven?" Mocha asked still wearing her fake glasses with mustache. Since she mainly did this for him since he was in that zone where he wouldn't have noticed.

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:50 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

"Hey...thanks," Ryder said to Mocha quietly as she began to lead him out of the room. It was at that moment, as they entered the hallway, that Ryder heard Jo shout something, followed by a quite articulate--and fading--'NOOOOOOO' from Kraven. Did...that mean that Jo won? Was she alright...?!
He couldn't help but feel anxious as Mocha led him down the hall--and then, she stopped, and said that Jo was there. And it was in that moment that Ryder realized that, not only was he clearly eyeless (the blindfold was still back on the floor of the bedroom), but he was also probably looking like complete shit--covered in lots of cuts and most notably bruises literally everywhere on him. Oh. That...probably wasn't what Jo was hoping to see. Well--too late now--

"Uh--hey there...!" he said to Jo, trying his best to sound upbeat, but finding that even smiling hurt at this point--wow--His face fell somewhat as he thought of what to say next, and then he sighed, speaking once again, "...Sorry about all this. I...yeah. Sorry...You okay...?" Obviously, he couldn't see that Jo was just about as beat up as he was--if not much worse.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:21 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Needless to say, Jo was internally flipping the fuck out when Kraven`s finger reached into her eye socket. However, she waited until he was flung out of the window to show her immense discomfort. She grimaced, gloved fingers grazing her upper cheek, right under her right eye. Just -- ew. Kraven was in her eye. Kraven was in her eye. The sound of his voice echoing upward as he fell lifted her spirits, however, forcing a pained, sad smile onto her lips.
Definitely not because it reminded her of Star Wars. Nnnope. Not thinking about Star Wars --

The sound of another voice alerted her, causing her to actually yelp in surprise. Jo turned frantically, a hand already clasped over her right eye - only to fall back to her side limply a moment later. She could hardly hear Mocha`s voice, it sounded almost like a dulled out murmur - the color had drained from her face, her stomach knotting uncomfortably as she took in Ryder`s appearance. She could hardly feel her own injuries - they were numbed by adrenaline, and now by something else entirely. And, really? They seemed to be the least of her problems. She expected him to be hurt - but she expected nothing she couldn`t fix on her own - not this. Not this at all. For the longest time, she had become afraid of opening her right eye - repulsed by her reflection, stamped with a grim reminder that people who were involved with her were dreadfully unlucky. That -- was on Ryder`s face. Two fold. An ultimate insult to injury.

Nothing short of a fever broke her body in hot and freezing cold flashes, alternating like waves. She wasn`t exactly sure - but she could feel herself shaking all over, and her legs felt incredibly light under her own weight - which was never a good sign. Her breathing hitched as she just looked at him - first in disbelief and complete horror, then confusion, then just... something else. She paused, swallowing the node in her throat before speaking. "Am I okay...?" She let out a humorless, breathless laugh. "Are you seriously asking me if I`m okay?! Ryder, what the fuck!" Jo barked, clenching her shaky fists tightly at her sides - completely ignoring the hot, steamy tears bubbling in both her eyes. She was so confused -- they were just gone, but there... wasn`t really any blood surrounding them. Or any cords hanging, or anything - any blood caked onto his features were clearly from other wounds. She just... had no idea how to react. She wanted to go grab Kraven and just smash his face into the ground until he was a stain under her goddamn foot - but that wasn`t entirely doable at the moment. Regardless, she needed someone to put the blame on. And quick. "Is--Is this some kind of fuckin` joke?! I will fuckin` OBLITERATE everyone in these goddamn walls if I don`t get a name in about two seconds!" She said, her scrambled thoughts coming out in violent hysterics, prickling and acidic tears finally making their way down the side of her face -- she was just completely ready to attack any and everyone on this floor. And then the next floor, and the next - until Kraven and anyone else stupid enough to take his side were nothing but a mangled corpse.   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder cringed a bit at Jo's response--but...he supposed that it was understandable. As much as he hated to admit it, he must have caused her a lot of grief, what with having been captured and everything. Her and everyone else. After all, they'd come all this way, into dangerous enemy territory--just for his sake. He didn't hear any other Vultures, so where were they...? Were they still off fighting somewhere...?
Either way, just by the sound of Jo's voice, Ryder could tell that she wasn't doing so well--physically or emotionally. And honestly--he wasn't doing so hot, either. But Jo sounded far worse than he knew that he felt--at least, that's what he concluded. He already felt the low, seething hint of self-hate that was bubbling deep inside the pit of his stomach just at the thought that everyone had come here, and risked their lives--all for his sake. And now here was Jo, one of the people that he cared about most in this entire world--and she was absolutely beside herself. And probably badly injured, knowing the fact that she had fought with Kraven.
He didn't answer her first question--unsure of what to say to answer it--but he did answer her second query:

"It was Kraven...but I mean, from the sound of things, you threw him for a loop, right...?"
That wasn't enough. That wasn't nearly enough--he couldn't just stand here and simply answer her questions and think that that would make things better--because honestly, it wouldn't. He shrugged Mocha's arm away gently, immediately feeling the strain of just standing--but, this was too important. And he'd been through worse. He could handle this--as much as it hurt.
He closed the empty sockets where his eyes used to be--knowing that it probably wasn't all that pleasant looking into whatever the cavernous depths of the inside of his skull looked like. And after that--he took a careful step forward towards where he'd heard Jo's voice. Just taking the step sent figurative knives of pain stabbing up and down his leg--but it was alright. He could barely feel his legs anymore, anyway, and they were just kind of shaking. He wanted to get this down before he up and collapsed, really. He took another step forward, then another--keeping a careful hand out in front of himself, and eventually, found Jo's arm. And once he'd located Jo, he ever-so-gently pulled her into a light hug--not wanting to aggravate either of their injuries, after all.

"There we go..." he said quietly as he held her. "You've got no idea how much I've missed this...it's felt like forever, but it's really only been...what, a day...? But still..." He gave the lightest of chuckles, feeling pain prick at his chest as he did so--but it hardly mattered. Jo was here now--and he was out of Kraven's room and all--so...they could all just leave, right...? Still...Jo sounded pretty deadest on killing everything and everyone on this floor. And that didn't really involve leaving, unfortunately. But, if Jo was injured, too, then it was really in their best interest to get out of there and regroup...
"Jo, listen...I know that you're really mad...and I know that if I was you, I'd be really mad, too...but we really need to get out of here right now. You did a hell of a good job fighting Kraven, I bet--probably ripped him a new one, huh?" He did his best to encourage Jo a bit before he continued speaking, "So, now with Kraven gone...we can just grab everyone and go, right...? Why don't we just all go home...?"
Home--man, getting back to Carrion Land sounded wonderful right about now. Getting back to Carrion Land, then sleep. Lots and lots of sleep. But--getting out of the Walls came first. They weren't out of the woods yet--and he only hoped that Jo was even going to accept his suggestion to get out of said woods.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Mocha Deren

"Oh crap..." Mocha said, and knew she should have covered RYder's eyes. "I uh... What he said!" Mocha said and was prepared to defend herself, but when she saw Ryder go up to Jo, and hig her she relaxed. She should probably give them a moment, and see if Kraven was alright. From the broken window she could see that he probably was thrown out. Mocha made her way over there to see if Kraven could be seen. "Yes please go home... Before the others come." Mocha said as she stepped away.

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:26 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Eyelessbabe_zps7d852f39

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo`s shoulders dropped significantly at Ryder`s first statement, her gaze averting to the ground - if only because Ryder`s current appearance made her chest clench. Despite the fact that she saw Kraven plummet out the window - she knew she wasn`t the only one who knew he wasn`t dead. And as long as he wasn`t, it wouldn`t be enough. She kept her eyes downcast, head hung slightly, utterly silent until the moment his footstep echoed in the mostly empty room. She immediately shot up, brow creased in concern. Ryder`s legs were shaking - he was about ready to topple over any second. She carefully stepped toward him, trying to make it a bit easier on him, and succeeding as he gripped her arm shortly after. A hint of a smile tugged at her lips as he pulled her into a warm hug -- obviously in a cautionary fashion, seeing as they were both about ready to collapse on the spot. After a moment of hesitation, she wrapped her arms around his middle - just about clinging to him, and reminding herself not to place her head on his chest as she usually did - since at the moment it was sort of covered in gashes and deep cuts. She was quiet, aside from the occasional sniffle, just listening to him as he spoke, which she found to be rather soothing at the moment.

She gave a small, slow nod as Ryder mentioned her and Kraven`s fight. Because, yes - many new ones were indeed ripped. And he... did have a point. She wanted to get him to safety before something else could happen. And, knowing their luck -- something else would definetely happen. She wanted to stop him now... stop that world order Kraven had mentioned - because this was the perfect chance presenting itself, a chance to make a mark like she always wanted. A chance to defend the weak; those outside these Walls that would end up dragged in if no one stopped him. But- right now? There... wasn`t much to be done, aside from get everyone back to Carrion Land safely.  "I..." She started, swallowing another lump in her throat. "... O-Okay." Words were getting hard again. She had more to say - about how she`d fix everything, and how Kraven would be kicked off his high horse soon enough - but it wasn`t anything she couldn`t say when they weren`t in the middle of enemy territory. Extremely dangerous enemy territory. Yeah.

She pulled away from him slightly, keeping her arms in their place on his back. Jo looked him over briefly, purposely avoiding glancing upwards at his face. She folded her bottom lip, her eye softening. How long would he be able to stand like that...? They had a good five flights of stairs to go down... she sighed through her nose, relaxing her shoulders. "... Um -- hold on," She uttered, retracting her hands from him. She paused, waiting a beat to consider her actions - before placing one hand on the middle of his back, and the other behind his knees - literally swooping him off his feet and into her arms bridal style, seemingly effortlessly.
"You can swoon later--" She said, turning around a few times before finally locating the stairway. Yeah -- okay -- she could do this -- carefully and slowly at first, she held Ryder a tad closer to her as she advanced forward. 

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:13 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder managed the smallest of smiles as Jo consented to go. This was good--they had made progress. Now, they just had to get down to the bottom floor, picking up all of their teammates along the way. That...couldn't be too hard, right? ...In actuality, they were still in a lot of danger. He knew that. But, he also knew that he'd have to keep a level head if he expected to get out of here without sustaining further injury--physical, or otherwise. He was about to speak to Jo again--but then was a bit confused as she pulled away from him slightly, but kept her hands at his back. His questions as to what she was doing, though, were quickly answered as she quickly and flawlessly just kind of picked him up like a groom carrying a bride across a threshold--
Well. This was awkward. She could pick him up that easily? ...While injured? Oh--that--that was a thing--
He couldn't help the light blush that crossed his face as she did this--but hey, he was alright with this. Walking was kind of hard right now--but honestly, he really didn't want to burden Jo any more...

"Are...you sure that you're alright like this? I mean--you're injured, too...?" Still, Jo seemed pretty resolute in this whole carrying thing--it didn't seem like she was going to change her mind. And when Jo made up her mind about something--well--it kind of just always happened. At her last comment, he gave a small grin, trying to play along to the playful sarcasm that seemed so out of place in this environment--yet was graciously welcomed.
"I'll put the whole swooning thing on my to-do list for later when we get back to Carrion Land, alright? Count on it." And with that, Jo was off, carrying Ryder down the stairs and out of the floor.

*Exit Jo and Ryder*

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:23 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Shion14Resize_zpsa5aefb0b

Agent Matthias Devereaux
*Damian Ward*
-----
"The name's Devereaux. Matthias Devereaux..."
-----

A short time after the pair of Vultures left the fifth floor, Matthias reappeared, wandering over to the window Kraven had fallen out of and staring at the broken edges of the glass for a moment. He was silent as he looked over the entire scene, his face expressionless, before he reached into his pocket and pulled out- a package of M&M's...? Stretching his arms over his head before gently tossing the bag out the window, he watched it fall before quietly speaking. "... Without the blue ones... like you asked." Then, he simply walked away again without interest, rather numb to everything at this point. It appeared as if he were heading to his room...

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:36 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 RobinM41_zpsa5ea534d

Robin Callahan
*The Enigma of Black Dragon*
-----
"Ah... Hello there. Are you bothered by my mice? Don't worry, they won't bite- no, they won't bite at all..."
-----

Robin had slipped off sometime while Mocha was distracted, no longer in the mood to see the Mistress. In fact, he wasn't really in the mood to do anything. He'd gone to his room and laid on his bed, ignoring the random noises through the building and messing with his mice. But as the noises finally faded, at least for that floor, he grew bored, eventually getting to his feet and wandering out of his room.
He explored for a short time before he came across Mocha and the mess that showed there had been a fight. He frowned as he stepped into the room and spotted Matthias walking right past him- but the other didn't seem to care. Huh. Strange. Instead of dwelling on it, he walked over to Mocha with his hands in his pockets, glancing out the window.
"... Hi."

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 am

Mocha Deren

Mocha jumped when she heard Robin, and looked over to him. "Oh! Greetings!..." she said since she was still in her disguise. "This is no Mocha! This is Doctor... Screw it... You saw through..." Mocha said as she with a sigh. She then smiled at him. "So... Kraven fell out the window..." Mocha said as she heard Matthias. "I guess we have to see if he is alright. Want to come with me?"

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:23 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 D1214ff1-08a2-4df2-945c-a9be9674f945_zpsfd3abd85

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Kraven poked his hand out from the window "I'm okay by the way! Thanks for asking!" he let out, Jo apparently didn't have the perception to notice that she kicked Kraven out of a window over a balcony. The man climbed back into the room, falling over on his back as he did so "Where are my fucking M&Ms...!?" Kraven asked no one in particular. He shook his head in annoyance before noticing that Jo took Ryder already "Heheheh... perfect... all according to plan..." the man muttered happily. Vulture Team was all too easy for Kraven to predict, all too easy.

Hal began to slowly followed Ryder and Jo as they left the 5th floor. Hal grinned at Mocha "And you have done your part of the play swimmingly Mocha... many thanks, now if you excuse me I have my part." the man grew an unnerving grin that looked just unnatural "Vulture Team dies tonight." he spoke rather eagerly before walking out of the lobby. Hal wouldn't take back what he said about Kraven being crazy, but he was one thing, he knew what he was doing. Well... Hal watched as Kraven began to crawl around the ground looking for M&Ms with a sack of potatoes on his back. Well, Hal was KIND of sure Kraven knew what he was doing.

Pugsy reached the lobby, seeing Kraven crawl around the ground yelling about candy with a sack of potatoes donning a pink wig, also Mocha with a mustache and Mistress in general. The man just looked at what was before him before letting out a sigh "Why...?" the man let out before he just started to pass by them all, he really didn't want to get involved in whatever madness was going on "Hey guys I got another prisoner... okaybyeseeyah!" he started to walk faster past them as he saw Kraven look up at him and Chelsea with a weird gaze. Pugsy eventualy dropped Chelsea on a bed in a hotel room. He let out a sigh "That... was weird..." the man spoke.

(HAL EXIT)

"We meet again. I know what you're thinking... matter a fact, I know what you're about to say, and what you're going to do... Everything about you."
Innsmouth Theme - Psycho Soldier

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:33 am

Mocha Deren

Mocha was going to pretend that she knew what Hal was talking about along with Kraven. So she twirled her mustache as she said, "Hmmm... Indeed I have. All thanks to me and the good Doctor Vandesal... And his mustache..." Mocha said as she looked over to Pugsy with wide eyes. "... I am not Mocha! I am Doctor Vandesal! You saw nothing!" Mocha sighed when he left. Obviously to just rest it off, plus... She saw someone behind him. She raised an eyebrow and began to stroke her mustache once more before taking it off. "So Kraven... Glad to see that your alright... Oh and you missed an M&M. A lot are behind you."

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:02 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Chelsea104_zps79eabda5

Chelsea Mercy
The Comeback Kid
"I was a fool...such a stupid, weak fool..."

Chelsea rolled over on the bed, managing to sit up--despite the difficulty that the metal ring around her was still presenting her. She listened to what Pugsy said, then gave him a bit of a look, before looking away, seeming pretty dejected.
"Just 'weird'? Things are kind of horrible right now, Pugsy...They really kind of are..."
It was taking all of her willpower right now to just not think about Boris. To not think about how he was never coming back...and how he'd died protecting her...
She didn't want to cry. Not right now. She had made enough of a baby of herself that day already, and she at least wanted to look a little bit sturdier than that. Things were just...way too much right now. Boris dying, her brother, and everyone else, being in danger, and herself being captured by the one person she had been hoping would defect back to their side--it was all adding up to one hell of a stressful day. Any tiny inkling of hope that they'd get out alright that she'd possessed at the beginning of the day--well, it was gone now. Completely.

"...I almost feel like asking won't make a difference...but...why did you join Kraven, Pugsy...? Just...why? Why all of this...? A-And why'd you have to go and bring me straight into the deepest part of the headquarters...?!" She became a bit frantic towards the end of speaking as she realized that she was kind of on the same floor as Kraven and all of his top officers. And as far as she knew, that was the deepest part of the HQ. That probably wouldn't end well. She was still wondering why Pugsy had grabbed her in the first place--she wanted to say that she had no value as a prisoner, but she then realized that that wasn't true. She was Ryder's sister. And that was all the value that was needed, really. "J-Just...why can't all of this just be over...? I don't want anyone else to die...but at this rate..."

Chelsea's Theme - Too High to Climb
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:13 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Pugsy_11
Pugsy Marcone
Tyrant
Like a Star @ heaven__________________________________________________________________________________________Like a Star @ heaven 

Pugsy sat in a chair of the corner of the room, he didn't say a word to her telling him things were horrible. Yeah, they were, but big whup at this point. Nothing he could do, at least they got Ryder out, then again he wasn't sure if that was exactly a good thing at this point. Pugsy shot a glare to Chelsea when she further questioned him "Why...? Because the ends meet the means... if this much death means restoring the world to what it used to be... then so be it. Besides... Vulture Team killed my family, I have no pity for those who do the same to an old man..." he responded to Chelsea very bluntly. As for taking her prisoner, in truth Pugsy felt it was the best thing to do, since now she would be away from the conflict. She couldn't handle herself in battle, at least not against the likes of Kraven or Vincent, and knowing her condition she'd probably try to do something crazy like attack them. So he answered her in a different way "Because- well- I!" he couldn't come up with something so "Shut up." was the best he could respond to her. He chose not to say anything about the killing part, he kept quiet.

Like a Star @ heaven__________________________________________________________________________________________Like a Star @ heaven
"I'll destroy every single one of you..."
Pugsy Theme - Tyrant

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:28 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F5) - Page 9 Chelsea104_zps79eabda5

Chelsea Mercy
The Comeback Kid
"I was a fool...such a stupid, weak fool..."

"I could understand if the people who hurt your family were strangers..." Chelsea replied quietly--she could relate to that much. After all, she'd indirectly tricked an entire small gang into all getting drunk and killing each other, just through her hacking, after they'd killed her parents and younger brother. So, that was a thing. But... "But everyone on Vulture is your friend, Pugsy...and I'm not totally sure, but I'm pretty sure that Ivy's at least a little bit more than a friend for you, right...?" She listened to Pugsy's other answers, and frowned slightly at his final response. "Oh, what's even the point of me being quiet? Obviously, anything I say here isn't going to mean a darn thing, anyway." She sighed, laying back down on the bed and rolling over to face away from Pugsy. "...What are you even going to do with me, now that I'm here...? Don't bad things usually happen to prisoners...? You can go ahead and just tell me...compared with everything else that's happened today, it will probably seem like practically nothing..."

Chelsea's Theme - Too High to Climb
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next