Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4)

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4)

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 D1214ff1-08a2-4df2-945c-a9be9674f945_zpsfd3abd85

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hal arrogantly raised his chin to Ryder "Oh shut up, stupid boy." he replied ti the man bluntly. Then he turned his attention to Jo "Out of my league...!? Well... I do suppose you are correct... you two are quite weak... okay then. I shall impose a handicap upon myself." the man pulled his two handguns from his vest, and tossed them off the stairs. The two fell into the dark abyss, followed by Hal taking another step towards them "You know... I believe I've finally got Kraven... care to listen before we duel? After all... I'm sure this would be an important piece of intel to you two... and perhaps you might learn about Shirley if you listen to my story first... Josephine." he told her, a small smile on his face. The man slowly walked towards them, he slowed took a step down, followed by another, and another. Each step echoing endlessly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"We meet again. I know what you're thinking... matter a fact, I know what you're about to say, and what you're going to do... Everything about you."
Innsmouth Theme - Psycho Soldier

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Mouse_zpsd2c0b0e1

Surveillance Mouse
*Sparrow*
-------------------------
"... Squeak, squeak!"
-------------------------

Quietly, quickly, without stopping- a mouse scurried down the steps, until it caught sight of Jo and Ryder, and... Hal?... Oh well. He'd done his job- which was to find the Vultures. He stopped on a step some distance behind them, hiding in the shadows and watching like he was supposed to- small little eyes focused right on the trio, feeding the video straight back to Robin.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:08 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 EYELESSCUTIE--_zpse3155916

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
-------------------------------------
“Do you really think that I’ll be giving up that easily? I don’t think so!”

Well, suffice to say, Ryder really didn't know that Hal had dropped the guns, since like--they didn't really hit on anything, and he didn't even hear them fall. So, he was kind of wondering what the handicap was, but then Hal started talking again. And...who was Shirley? And...important intel? This was--a lot of stuff that Ryder just didn't really know about--so he kind of decided to let Jo decide whether they should hear it or not.
"Up to you whether we listen to him or not," he informed Jo, sure that the information had a lot more relevance to her than it did to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Thousand Suns
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:09 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Eyelessbabe_zps7d852f39

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill
would you speak them to me?
let the world fear us all, it`s just means to an end

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo downright snarled at Hal`s response to Ryder, "You wanna die?!" She quipped back immediately, turning her torso to face him a bit more. As his attention was switched over to her, she glared intently - her eye following one of the guns he threw down into... wherever that went. She didn`t want to think about it. Since, knowing Kraven - it was something horrid. She couldn`t so much as hear the metallic clank of his guns hitting the ground...
She was alerted by Hal`s footstep, involuntarily pressing the redhead in her arms closer to her as she tensed in response. Jo turned her head away from him, staring straight ahead the hollow stairway. She had no plans of actually fighting him; simply tying him up long enough until she could find an opening to continue dashing down the stairway, then out of the building. She didn`t want to hear him, either - and she was convinced that no intel he held could possibly interest her. Until, he mentioned a bit of information that did.
Colonel Shirley.
She froze, her eye dilating. She was silent for a few moments - the only sound being Hal`s echoing footsteps, and then Ryder`s voice. Jo looked down at him, looking thoughtful for about a second, until her mind was made up. "I---I`m sorry..." She uttered quietly to the redhead, before glancing over her shoulder at Hal again. She paused, before turning around toward him completely.

Typically, she would have advanced toward him as well - but... that would mean advancing toward him with Ryder. And she wanted Ryder as far away from this guy as possible - she wasn`t risking Innsmouth getting anywhere near him. So, she stood solidly, still glaring down the blonde man before her. "... I`m listening."

Jo`s Theme - A Stranger I Remain
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:52 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 D1214ff1-08a2-4df2-945c-a9be9674f945_zpsfd3abd85

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Hal just seemed to get a kick out of Ryder and Jo's reactions to him "You know... in truth I am helping you right? No need to accept my information with such responses! Intelligence is needed! As that blasted old cartoon said- knowing is half the battle! Hahah...!" the man ended up stopping right in front of them. He sat down on one of the stair cases, looking up at them "Anyways... a nice piece of information for the both of you... I'l start with the little idiot's..." of course, he meant Ryder "No doubt you've tried to figure out Kraven... I asked myself that when I first interviewed him... I'm sure Josephine is well acquainted by these interviews." Hal paused for a moment, his eyes shifted to Jo, then back to Ryder "If you've ever heard of his rantings... you've heard him tell you how he was once a normal man... how he was corrupted by the world... here's the problem... his story is different every single time he tells it...? How do I know... he's told it to Jade, to you, to Henry... to Pugsy... to Mocha... and every time it's a different story..." the question is, how did he hear of all of this? The man continued "You've noticed that on some days he's actually quite harmless... crazy but harmless... other days he's hilariously violent! And some some days he's just apathetically cruel..." the man shook his head, letting out a sigh "I tried to understand this... it took some time... but then I realized that I wasn't analyzing one persona... this man... he changes his persona with the situation. Like he's a completely different person. His very mental psyche evolves with the times... talk about survival of the fittest... when he changes personas... his very memories change... he doesn't remember how he used to act before... he remembers his past differently... and no, this isn't multiple personality disorder... this is something else..." the man then clapped his hands together, smiling "Alright that's it for the stupid boy! Now you Jo!" he said rather energetically, looking to the bluenette.

"We meet again. I know what you're thinking... matter a fact, I know what you're about to say, and what you're going to do... Everything about you."

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder listened carefully to what Hal said, and while it sounded...strange, at the very least...it was hard to not accept, because it sounded like a pretty legit explanation. After seeing Kraven use magic of all things, Ryder didn't really put anything past the man anymore. Still, while the information about Kraven was an interesting little tidbit--Ryder didn't see it as anything very useful in particular. He figured that he'd keep it in mind, anyway...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:04 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Oh, he did not just call G.I. Joe a 'blasted old cartoon'---
Jo listened quietly, giving Hal the most menacing glare - just absolutely filled to the brim with contempt. Because, honestly - she was ready to lunge out at him and beat him within an inch of his life. Even while she was beaten within an inch of her life. She could take him...!
If he was going to keep calling Ryder stupid, at least...
At the mention of the interviews - Jo tensed, her gaze flickering downward momentarily. She slowly looked back up over time, doing her best to dot down the dump of information in her mind. It was... strange, yes. She wasn`t sure what to make of this. And she didn`t want to make anything of it right now - afraid her clouded mind would jump to sudden conclusions she wouldn`t be able to overlook later on. At the mention of her name, she raised an eyebrow again, giving the blonde an almost befuddled look - didn`t he prefer Josephine? "Go on," She insisted, her voice dark and dripping with venom.  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

The blonde let out a sigh after getting their reactions, he was expecting more. The man let out a '"Hmph!" before continuing "I guess I shouldn't expect the intellectual wastelands you call brains to really care... it is my job to study the minds of criminals so I found it quite fascinating..." the man responded to them, sounding rather annoyed. So then he cut to the point, the man let out a smile, that was never good "How about this... I'll give you information that you will definitely care more of..." he had been waiting for this "How do I always know what Vulture Team is doing? Has it never crossed you that I have spies from within your organization... no, not your officers... there are a few people you're missing... and you left Elliot alone with them." he was referring to the medics. And to add some icing to the cake "As for Shirley... the brute was put down like an animal... by me!" and then he just waited to get Jo's reaction.

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:23 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo only raised a single eyebrow at Hal`s first remark, a small shrug rolling off her shoulders. She never found criminal minds too interesting. Just... weird, moreso. Some were interesting. But ones like Kraven were just -- almost unsettling. She was sure that a few months ago - she would have been rather off put by these revelations. Now it just.. did not phase her in the slightest.

As he mentioned more information - Jo huffed. She stepped down a few steps as Hal spoke, gently placing Ryder in a sitting position on one step. She hesitated momentarily before placing a soft kiss on his forehead, and beginning to slowly ascend the stairs toward Hal again, her expression stoic. Her fists slowly clenched at her sides as she continued toward him, pulling her revolver out of her jacket just as he mentioned Shirley. Without hesitation, she fired four shots at him. "If you expect me to believe for one goddamn second that a lightweight fuck like you shot down a man like Shirley -- then you`re fuckin` retarded!" She barked, "Now, why don`t you go scamper off back to your shitheaded boss before I actually have to fuck you up--?!" All this really meant was that she and Ryder had to get back to Carrion Land that much quicker - because she wasn`t Jade. She was not about to deal with any of that betrayal bullshittery. And the thought of a crippled Elliot being in danger worried her more than anything else...  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder grimaced as Hal spoke of how he apparently had some people planted in Vulture Team that were actually kinda traitorous and all. That was never a good thing. He was worried about Elliot, definitely--but he also knew that there was nothing that they could do about it until they got back. So, they just had to deal with Hal fast, and--
Oh. Jo had put him down. He shifted a bit on the stair, making himself comfortable--before he felt Jo give him a gentle kiss on the forehead. He couldn't help but crack a hint of a smile--man, did that bring him back. Especially in a situation like this, it granted just the smallest bit of comfort and solace...
He began to think about their situation...they needed to get out of there and back to Carrion Land...the first step of which would be getting past the three that were fighting on the floor at the bottom of the stairs--
Wait. ...Three? How did he know that there were three of them? It had...just been a kind of...guess? No. A hunch...? No...more like...a weird sense. Maybe something like what happened before? Minus the whole head-exploding-sensory-overload part. Thankfully.
Ryder's thoughts were wrenched back to the situation closer to himself as he heard gunshots go off, and he actually panicked for a moment--but as he heard Jo speak, it seemed that she had been doing the shooting--so that was alright. He kind of felt like he'd probably be safer standing up, but now that he was sitting on the stairs, his legs really didn't seem to want to cooperate with him. It was like they were on strike or something...they just didn't want to work...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:10 am

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Hal lit himself a cigarette, he stood up, walking towards the two. his arms wide open as if taunting them "Oh I assure you... I killed him. Did you think that Shirley only trained one agent? Tsk tsk... I'm afraid that you aren't alone Josephine. We are both the students of the wretched man.!" he smiled at Jo, a puff of smoke blew out into her face. He took the cigarette out, and tossed it off the stairs his back literally bending forward at the precise moment Jo shot at him. Every bullet missed him. He looked at the woman face-to-face "So how about it... you and me? Let's prove which of us is the better Paladin Agent? I mean, you're screwed anyways... why not show a bit of sport...?" he asked, he kept himself very close to the two of them, practically asking for them to hit him then and there.

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 pm

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo snarled, her stoic expression breaking with unbridled rage. She stared, eye wide as he outright dodged her bullets - until realization came to smack her in the face. Right. He did that. She listened to him silently, his words seeping through her and taking a notable physical effect. A moment to late, it begun registering fully- Shirley was actually killed. Innsmouth did it. Hal, the man in front of her... someone she used to idolize...! She let out a shaky breath, the grip on her revolver tightening until her knuckles were a bright white color. She only so much as cringed at the smoke to the face - it was something she was used too. She was absolutely still, just glaring at him, not even realizing the burning, wrathful tears bubbling from both her eyes - empty socket and all.

He advanced toward her -- and she did, in fact, note that he was keeping himself way too open to attacks, practically asking her to make a move. "I don`t need to prove shit--!" Better judgement told her she probably shouldn`t attack... and she shot at him two times anyway, following up with an elbow to the gut.
"I already know I`m better than you...! I`ll prove it when I STEP OVER YOUR DEAD FUCKIN` BODY, FUCKFACE!"

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Hal gently shifted to the side, both bullets flew right past his face, narrowly missing his ears "Your shots are so predictable! Did Shirley really teach you!?" he taunted her, smiling to the woman. When her elbow came towards him, he grabbed her arm, then stared right into his eyes with a glare "Really...? You... you think you can best me? A fuckface? What a sad little creature you are..." the man whispered to her. Then, he grappled her, throwing her right at Ryder "Hahahahaha!" after she was thrown he wiped his hands, looking down on them "I'm going to enjoy kill you two..."

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Upon hearing the fight start, Ryder actually turned himself around, beginning to stand up. He could tell that this wasn't a good idea--and that hunch was reaffirmed when suddenly Jo was thrown onto him, making him topple over backwards and slide down a few stairs. He lay there for a moment, trying to get his bearings again, and his arm happened to slide in between two of the steps--and felt nothing. At all. Well--that wasn't a good sign. If only they could just get off these stairs and go...but there was still a fight going on right below them...this was just their luck...!
"Jo--Jo, listen--I know that you're really mad, but he's just trying to get under your skin...save your energy for now so that you can beat his ass even worse later...!"
He put a hand onto Jo's arm, gripping onto her firmly, and carefully moving her off of himself, before barely managing to get up to his feet. They couldn't go forward--and they couldn't go back. This was yet another one of the many times that they'd been forced into a corner. They'd survived this long--and Ryder was doing his best to convince himself that they'd keep on surviving.
"...You know...Innsmouth...I don't even know what to say to you anymore. I was trying to think of something threatening, yeah, but what could I possibly say now that would mean anything? Either way...your 'fun' isn't going to be extending to Jo. Not while I'm around to say anything about it. I don't have any interest in your stupid duel--and even if Jo does--no. You're not doing a thing to her. I know that I probably don't look the part right now to be making threats...but I'll gladly put some weight behind my words, if you want."
Weight? What weight could he possibly put to this? He was badly injured enough as it was--what could he possibly do against Hal? Either way...he was kind of hoping that he could bluff his way through this for now...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hal just smiled as he looked down on the two, obviously getting kicks by watching them. He knew that they were powerless before him, all the more fun "This is pathetic... you know... all of this... everything that has happened so far has all gone according to plan- HA! Kraven's plan no less! Sure, even if you get away from me, you'll fine yourself with much fewer allies than you did walking into here... that is... assuming you can kill me... which may I saw is quite implausible right now." he told them with a smile. When he heard Ryder, the man actually smiled, he actually pitied Ryder "Sad little thing... move aside so I can fight the one that wears the pants in this relationship." he wasn't sure if Ryder was serious or not, but he sure as hell knew that Ryder couldn't stop him. So Hal then focused on Jo "Come on girl... are you just that scared? This is all quite horrible to watch... I expected you to be a worthy opponent! Instead I find this! HA! You really are pathetic. Shirley would be disgraced by this! He always charged into battle head on AND WON! You... you're hiding behind the blind man that can't even walk for himself..."

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:16 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo growled - pulse after pulse of white, hot rage purging through her with each word that slid off Hal`s tongue, coated in mockery and venom. She paused, tensing as her arm was suddenly grabbed - her immediate response being to attempt to rip away from his grip, only to catch the sound of his voice. She peered upward, straight into his eyes with one of her own- and then she was tossed straight at Ryder. The tumble down a few stairs didn`t surprise her in the least - though, the fact that he had apparently stood up at some point did, earning Ryder a malicious glare from Jo. That he wouldn`t be able to see, anyway. Dang.

She remained that way for a bit, lightheaded from the sudden fall - only to be tugged over carefully by Ryder. She hurriedly pulled herself onto her feet so she could aid Ryder best she could as he attempted to get onto his, placing a gentle hand on his back to gradually pull him upward. She was quiet as Ryder spoke, her gaze only silently shifting between the two men. The end worried her, however. How was he planning to do that, exactly--? Not only was he just as beaten as she was, if not moreso - he was blind. She`d never let him-- and she did want a part in this stupid duel... but, what Ryder said did sound more justified. He was trying to get under her skin -- it was incredibly likely that he didn`t kill Shirley to begin with... how could he, anyway--? Shirley was a monster of a man - a living mass of muscles and elegance! Hal couldn`t---

Yeah, okay. She could kill him. She could rip him to pieces - even as she was right now. And she so would. And she`d enjoy it- since, yeah, she did that now. Sometimes killing people was awesome. And she was completely fine with it. "YOU DON`T GET TO TALK ABOUT THE COLONEL, SHITHEAD! ONE OF HIM IS WORTH MORE THAN TEN OF YOU--!" She barked, tucking her revolver back into her jacket. "Ryder-! Just, hold still for a second, alright--?! This`ll take a second! I know what I`m doin`--!" Jo continued - trying to tone down the laced tones of anger in her voice when speaking to the redhead, albeit failing. She advanced up the steps gradually, cracking her neck to both sides. "-- And, fuck, I`m gonna enjoy the hell outta this..!" With that, she leaped upward - throwing a roundhouse kick straight at Hal`s temple. 

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:22 am

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hal smiled at Jo as she began to approach him, she had taken the bait "Heheheh..." she cracker her neck, then suddenly, as Jo was about to speak, he barked out "You're going to say: "-- And, fuck, I`m gonna enjoy the hell outta this..!"!" right towards her as he pointed at her. He said it before she had even spoke the words. Then as Jo threw a roundhouse kick towards him, Hal caught her leg and tossed her back to Ryder "Unfortunate Jo... I can predict every move you're going to make... quite unfortunate that you should suffer a defeat to my skills at deduction..." he told her, still with that smile, he hadn't really attacked her yet, he'd just redirected every attack she'd done right back towards her.

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:53 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Well, Ryder had been standing for a short amount of time--but then Hal happened again and he soon felt Jo being tossed into him again--and took a tumble down a few more stairs. The sounds of combat below them sounded just slightly nearer now--which wasn't a good thing. He didn't want Hal forcing them down into the fray just by repeatedly tossing Jo at him--
"Innsmouth, could you NOT?" Ryder called to Hal, irritation lacing his voice as he did as best he could to help Jo up again. "Just ignore him, Jo--" Ryder spoke to Jo now--really hoping that he turned his head in the right direction, honestly-- "I swear, you can beat the living shit out of him sometime when the two of us aren't both half-dead. Just--please, for now, don't even let him bother you. Just think of bullies in elementary schools--they do it to boost their own egos. And if you ignore them--they get out of your face. Just...listen...I don't know who Shirley is, but don't you think that they would much rather you beat the shit out of Innsmouth without getting yourself--..." No. He couldn't say that. He wouldn't even suggest that. Death was not an option here--Jo was not dying. No, no, and a thousand more times no. "So...just...save your strength..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:11 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Justus17_zps2d340444

Justus Maximus Philo Marcellus VII
The Knight of Azure Flames
"In the name of the ambition of azure flames, all servants of evil shall taste the edge of my blade!"

Suddenly, on the fourth floor, there was the sound of the pounding of countless feet on the floor...and a strange voice echoing up into the floor...
"SUUUUUUUUUUULLOOOOOOOOOONSTEEEEEEEEEEINIIIIAAAAAAAAANS--!"
And suddenly, from behind Isaac and Buddi came Justus. And a horde of two hundred soldiers in power armor, all armed to the teeth with swords, lances, and all manner of weapons. Justus was at the head of the troops, and banged the end of his lance's handle upon the floor, smiling confidently as he looked upon the two Vultures that were fighting Vincent--said purplette seeming quite unimpressed with the army that had suddenly swarmed up into the floor. "Surrender now, Sullonsteinians! Either that...or face the fury of azure flames! You must be afraid--come, do not let your blood be spilled further than it probably already has been--" Justus took a moment to see that the two Vultures were relatively uninjured...apparently the fight had been moving at a snail's pace...Justus did not approve of this! The warriors of Black Dragon were supposed to be top notch! "BLIND SWORDSMAN! You are far uneffective! Move aside, and let us true warriors handle the work!" Now Vincent just seemed even more unimpressed--and was making quite the sour face. Justus turned back to Isaac and Buddi, and got himself into a ready position. "Make your decisions now, Sullonsteinians! Leave this place, or be destroyed!"

Justus’ Theme – Xepher
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:10 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Hereugoangelface_zpsc2f5cacc

BUDDI
eremiah  arraway (?)

『 bear the mark of my scars
shedding blood underneath the stars
but I will survive somehow
 』

Buddi paused - peering downward as he felt his buzz axe come to a sudden halt. Oh-- sword and sheathe. Clashing with thing. And it had stopped conveniently between two of the blades - causing the weak motor to stop entirely. The mutant remained as he was - as if just waiting for Vincent to make the next move, seeing as he was sort of stuck and all - when the swordsman simply dashed away quicker than Buddi could blink, and then he was in front of them. Oh. Dang. How`d that even-
He just gave Vincent a blank look, pulling his buzz axe back closer to himself as the motor began to slowly creak back to life. He seemed almost surprised when Isaac suddenly whispered in his ear, hurriedly nodding to the boy. His eyes followed the cards as he threw them - tightening his grip on his buzz axe after - he was supposed to attack now, right? He froze - taking a moment to note the yelling coming from the stairs... was that the Boss? If she got away, that probably meant she got Ryder, right...? That was good... at least they could leave soon, at least.
This place was weird-- the second he so much as got this guy to falter, he was booking it back to that massive army outside.
Except no -- because Vincent just sorta emerged straight from the smoke and stabbed straight at Isaac. And, yeah - he was right. Big people were typically protective of their little people. So, without so much as checking to see if Vincent`s attack hit-- he trudged forward, about to slice his buzz axe down on him, without really noting that he had taken a step back. Because--seriously--how could this guy try to stab Isaac when he was putting all this work into making him happy--?

Except--no.
Buddi whipped his head around as he heard the sound of someone screaming behind them- his shoulders drooping as he caught sight of Justus. He knitted his eyebrows together, looking almost concerned under his mask and all. He just looked at the surplus amount of soldiers that poured in, sloooowly sighing in defeat. That... that couldn`t be good. His eyes flickered upward for a moment- the Boss already had Ryder, right...? So if he could just-- get this guy to go away, then they`d be fine... he assumed. "Uh..." His eyes moved over the sea of soldiers that stood behind Justus- his head nodding as he did. "... Okay. C`mon, Isaac," He said, walking over and simply plucking the blonde off the ground, and placing him back on his shoulder. He looked to Justus afterward - his sight flickering between him and the soldiers, quietly asking them to kind of just. Move.  

⊰ Buddi`s Theme - Thousand Knocks
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Justus17_zps2d340444

Justus Maximus Philo Marcellus VII
The Knight of Azure Flames
"In the name of the ambition of azure flames, all servants of evil shall taste the edge of my blade!"

"I KNEW IT! SO BE IT, YOUR FATE WILL--.......wait. You're--you're just leaving?" Justus looked at Buddi...seeming...really confused. He'd totally expected the guy to just like--want to fight and stuff. As Buddi approached, Justus looked up at him--and wow. That guy was big. Justus was already on the short side to begin with, so--Buddi was just huge to him. He arched an eyebrow up at the man, before speaking again. "...That's...really it? You're not going to fight for the evil intentions of your malicious wizard master--? Honestly and truthfully? I--er--I am...surprised...? I mean...you may leave if you want...? I suppose...? Or...hrm...maybe his Highness wouldn't be too pleased about that..." Justus' face changed to one of deep thought as he contemplated this situation. Nobody had ever just tried to leave before. The whole 'leave now or die' thing was just a general part of the knight spiel. Nobody had actually ever tried to leave before. So...this was...really kind of weird... "I mean...I suppose that it falls within the knightly code to just let you leave...I think...? Er...um...TITANIC SULLONSTEINIAN!" Justus shouted suddenly, pointing the index finger of his free hand at Buddi. "As loathe as I am to ask you, what is your opinion on this matter?! Should I let you leave, or should I simply stab you anyway?! I am at an impasse and am in need of a second opinion!"

Justus’ Theme – Xepher
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Hereugoangelface_zpsc2f5cacc

BUDDI
eremiah  arraway (?)

『 bear the mark of my scars
shedding blood underneath the stars
but I will survive somehow
 』

Buddi seemed equally puzzled at Justus`s confusion - just sort of... nodding silently. He didn`t really like to fight... most of the time. He had a love-hate thing with fighting, he supposed. But, not right now. They did their thing here-- and the Boss couldn`t get through if they were gonna be blocking the whole way like this...
He looked down at Justus, not so much as noticing the immense height difference between them. He nodded at appropriate times, occasionally glancing over to Isaac - and back at Vincent. He didn`t think he had a malicious wizard master...did he--? Maybe he just didn`t notice them...or maybe he was talking about Dave-?
He used to be something like that, you could say... just- Buddi was utterly befuddled by Justus` befuddlement.
His eyebrows raised slightly at the mention of knights -- his mind jumping to Emilia for a split second, and he was snapped back into reality by the bluenette`s shouting, causing Buddi to jump slightly. "I..." He was... asking his opinion? Should he stay? Buddi had no clue--but Justus` confusion was making him think that maybe he should... but -- the Boss -- what do-- "... Er--let me go--? Maybe... I-I mean--if you want--I kinda don`t wanna fight--"

⊰ Buddi`s Theme - Thousand Knocks
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Hal let out a sigh "Tsk tsk... I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this but- Oh hell what am I saying! I've always wanted to do this!" Hal suddenly pulled a trigger from jacket. He grinned at the two, knowing her now had the upper hand "Let me tell you how this is going to go..." the man began to pace in front of the two "I hold in my hands a trigger that will blow up all of Carrion Land... I've had the bombs placed since after The Inquisitor attacked..." the man continued to pace around. His pacing was purposely to make them nervous and instinctual "If Jo doesn't fight me... I blow up Carrion Land... of course... if Jo fights me I won't... unless I win... then I still blow up Carrion Land! However... if Ryder goes and fins the bombs... which are purposely quite easy to disarm... then you have a chance of saving everyone..." the man stopped pacing, smiling at Jo "Decisions, decisions... you may be able to run from the fight Jo... but at the cost of all of your friends dying... or you could stay and fight me... and give your allies the chance to disarm the bomb." he told her, looking down on her in triumph "And Paladin will be watching of course... if we see Ryder trying to cheat... I will be informed... and your friends will all die. Run away from this battle and all your friends die. Lose and all your friends die. I think your friends are pretty dead Jo..." he taunted her.

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Isaac Harvey
Blondy

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) - Page 2 Tumblr_mnu88abL0a1rvhrn0o1_500

Isaac smirked when the explosives went off. Maybe it was going to work after all! Isaac felt relieved when he saw Vincent suddenly charging at him. 'Crap! Crap! Crap!' His eyes went wide of what to do. Just how was he going to try and dodge this man? HE couldn't. As soon as Isaac tried to go to his side, he fell down instead just missing the blade. Klutziness saves the day! Isaac got back up, ready to fight Vincent again when he heard shouting from upstairs. It sounded like there was a fight going on. Is it the person who Buddi calls Boss? It might be. Isaac shook his head again as he had to focus on their fight, not the one above them. He got more cards out, ready to strike Vincent when he heard more shouting.

'Huh? Who said that?' Issac turned around to see a massive horde of grunts. Grunts with weapons and a blue hair guy who looked really different from the rest. He even had a hole in his stomach and looked fine! How could that be? Isaac felt a bit of nervousness creeping up to him on what they should do. 'No...this can't be the end!' Isaac felt panic attacks kicking in when all of a sudden, he was picked up. He let out a squeak of surprise as he was placed on Buddi's shoulder. 'Oh...that works I guess...' Then Buddi said he wanted to go which made the blue hair man question him even more. Isaac looked between the two trying to figure out how to convinve the man to let them go. Maybe, just maybe that would work. Issac felt pressure all around him as tears was starting to come out.
"I...I...I just wanna go home...I don't feel so well Buddi..." Isaac said in a pained and tired voice to Buddi before burying his head into the man's shoulder. While it was a plan of sympathy, it was true at the same time. True of how his head wasn't starting to feel well from the hangover and how he didn't want to fight at the same time.

"I will use my cards to protect everyone!"
dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder felt his chest tighten further and further with each word that Hal spoke, and if he had eyes right now, they'd probably be open wide and staring in shock. There were bombs set up in Carrion Land...? For so long? How hadn't they noticed...?!
His mind began to race--who was still back at the base? The traitorous medics, no doubt--and Elliot--and probably Chelsea. Because honestly, why would they have brought Chelsea to a fight like this? At this point, Ryder didn't give a crap about the medics, who were traitorous and all--but Elliot and Chelsea were two too many people to lose--and who knew who else was back there at this point? Them being in danger was problem number one.
Problem number two came when Ryder heard that it fell to him to find and disarm said bombs. Normally, he'd be fine with this job--but at the moment, he was kind of injured to the point of sheer exhaustion, and kind of didn't have any eyes. At all. Which made searching for anything in general a bit of a problem.
Problem number three--was he really expected to leave Jo here alone? It seemed like he would have to...he grimaced at the prospect, feeling like things just kept getting worse and worse--what more could these people possibly do to them?! And...what had they done to deserve this? Was wanting to live a peaceful life really that horrible--?!
He said nothing--knowing that it wouldn't contribute to anything to speak at the moment. As he stood there, he kind of got the weird sense that a lot more people had shown up on the floor right at the bottom of the stairs...a lot of people. Which was only going to make his going back to Carrion Land more difficult...unless they were just going to let him pass or something...as if they'd do that, though...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next