Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4)

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Empty The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4)

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:48 am

The 4th floor, the one with the least walking space. In truth, it's just a narrow hallway, followed by a spiral-like flight of stairs straight to the 5th floor. The floor is completely dark, but the middle of the halls and the flight of stairs are both lit up with the same neon lights seen on the second floor. There are no guards, there is no noise, this floor is almost eerie in it's emptiness.
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Empty Re: The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4)

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:22 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Vincent4_zps5b825bed

Vincent Kerrigan
The Blade of the Black Dragon
-------------------------------------
"Hah...you may believe that you know the ways of the world...what's happening all around you...but in reality, you're even blinder than I am..."

Vincent walked down the stairs to the fourth floor, cane clacking against the floor as he went. As he got to the bottom of the stairs, he walked forward a step or two, then stopped. There was no noise...no signs of life...emptiness. True emptiness...
And it was beautiful.
He found himself actually having an appreciation for the silence...even if it really was the quiet before the storm. In fact, that might just be the best kind of quiet there is...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vincent's Theme - Silent Cruise
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:53 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Awildjjoooo_zps0b5e26f0

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill
would you speak them to me?
let the world fear us all, it`s just means to an end

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Jo continued making her way up at a cautious, but brisk pace - not so much as noticing the way shudders would keep crashing down her spine, or the way her hands trembled violently around the handle of her revolver, or how her breathing had become bated and spasmodic - she had so many bigger things to worry about. There was only one floor left, meaning only one more possible place for them to be keeping Ryder -- yet, she still grew more anxious with each passing moment. What kind of state would he be in? If any state at all. There was that sickly looming possibility that she`d be walking in on his corpse... because she wasn`t fast enough...!
All these uncertainties were weighing down on her in a way she knew was going to show on her behavior, and already had been. However, she just needed to be capable of snapping Kraven`s neck and taking Ryder - not much else. So, that was fine.

Needless to say, when she sensed the presence of someone else nearby, she wasn`t particularly happy. Jo scowled, slowing down her pace. They really did stock this place up with as many officers as they could, didn`t they--? And this time around, she didn`t really have anyone with her to abandon while she advanced forward... which, she didn`t have a problem with at all. Now, it didn`t really bother her as she acknowledged that she was quite looking forward to cutting someone in half to get what she wanted. Typically, upon catching sight of a certain purple-haired swordsman blocking her - she would have given some witty, fancy threat - telling him to get out of her way or else. No, no - no time for that this time. She had days to save and bodies to mutilate. Before even fully stepping into the room, she promptly aimed her revolver with one hand, firing several shots in Vincent`s direction. Her other hand was busy reaching under her suit`s jacket to reach her belt, where a pouch of extra bullets was discreetly secured on - just in case he decided to be persistent or whatever. Jo didn`t stop walking as she fired - she was strangely silent, her footsteps echoing in the hollow hallway and her expression borderline stoical but laced with a frightening kind of determination...  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Jo`s Theme - A Stranger I Remain
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:21 am

Vincent Kerrigan
"Hah...you may believe that you know the ways of the world...what's happening all around you...but in reality, you're even blinder than I am..."

Vincent had simply been standing there...stoic and silent...keeping his position neutral, leaning on his cane slightly...when all at once, he heard footsteps echoing down the hall. So--somebody was coming, then. He only heard one set of footsteps...so, it must only be one person. He was about to speak--when he heard the click of a gun cocking. He quickly moved himself to the side, hearing the gunshots and also hearing the bullets literally zip right past him. He sighed, then paused for just a moment to unsheathe his sword as he heard the bullets stop flying.
"Well, if you insist on being so forward..." he murmured, before re-checking where exactly his attacker was--and then dashing at her, hoping to close the distance and attack before she had the chance to attack again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:16 pm

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo paused, stopping in her tracks as Vincent did. Despite her neutral expression, she was rather confused - he just dodged bullets? She wasn`t sure if she`d ever done something like that before... the second he reached to unsheathe his sword, however, her eye widened. She heard about not bringing guns to knife fights, but did that apply to sword fights--? She wasn`t at all prepared for one of those, and it didn`t help that this guy was definetely much faster than she was. As he dashed forward, she darted backwards skillfully albeit frantically - her hand reaching into her pouch of bullets only for her trembling hands to cause her to drop them immediately afterwards. She cursed slightly, folding her bottom lip and cocking her revolver once more, continuing to travel backwards as she fired a few more times - although, she was pretty sure she would be running out of bullets soon...  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Vincent Kerrigan

Vincent quickly analyzed the situation, and saw Jo raising her gun hand again--ohhh no. He was NOT getting shot, no sir. At least--not if he could help it. He gripped tightly onto the sheathe of the sword and used it to smack Jo's hand upward, the bullets flying harmlessly into the ceiling above. Without a word, then, he pulled back his sword, preparing to come in for the final stroke as he brought his sword down towards her...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:39 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

"Fuck--!" Jo hissed in pain as the sheathe of Vincent`s blade connected with her hand, causing her precious revolver to fling into the air, the bullets she previously fired hitting straight into the ceiling. Wide eyed, she stared at her gun for only a moment - right before it registered to her that Vincent`s sword was currently heading straight for her. She didn`t so much as think to move, her shoulder simply slumping ever slightly. Her mind scrambled in that brief moment - first considering the possibility of walking away from such a blow, then just wishing she had stayed by Ryder when he needed her -- she could have fended off Kraven, she could have helped...!
She closed her eye for a moment, and heard the sound of metal clanking. Her eye shot back open, searching frantically for the source - only to land on... Buddi. With Isaac on his shoulder. She looked visibly disappointed. What`s even on his head right now --
"Boss, we caught up--!" He explained briefly - and, wow, it felt weird calling her Boss... but that was her name, right? "So... yeah!... You can -- uh --" Jo put a gloved hand up, as if to tell him to stop speaking now - shooting one final glare at Vincent (whom, unbeknownst to her, couldn`t even see it--) and dashed toward the stairway, conveniently picking up her revolver from where it landed previously on the ground. Buddi stood by a bit awkwardly with Isaac still sitting on his shoulders, just sort of looking at where his buzz axe laid from when he threw it to block Vincent`s attack, his gaze flickering between the weapon and him. "I--I`m sorry for interrupting," He said lowly, plucking Isaac off his shoulders and gently placing the blonde`s feet on the ground. "She--kinda has to go upstairs, though, and--yeah-"

(EXIT JO) 

BUDDI
eremiah  arraway (?)
⊰ Buddi`s Theme - Thousand Knocks⊱

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Hereugoangelface_zpsc2f5cacc
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:47 am

Vincent Kerrigan

Vincent paused, and took a few steps back as his blow was deflected. He saw a new, large silhouette...with what appeared to be...a large growth...on the shoulder...no, wait. The big one put the little one on the ground. So, that wasn't a growth after all. Vincent did detect Jo running upstairs, and made an obviously unamused face.
"Do you two realize how many more Helen Keller jokes I'm going to have to endure because of you two?" He sighed, adjusting his glasses slightly and glaring at the two in front of him. The little one was...well, really little. And the big one was...well...really...big. And apparently possessed a weapon. Judging by the situation, he was guessing that if he killed the little one first, the big one would go into a rage...which...probably wouldn't be good. So, he'd have to take on the big one first...wonderful...
He paused for a moment, readjusting his stance to make it more neutral, before speaking in a level, even voice,

"Just why is it that you all insist so far on getting to the top floor...? After all of the trials and tribulations that your comrades are no doubt facing just floors below...some of them may be dead, for all you know. And yet, you simply continue to run blindly straight upwards...just like lambs to the slaughter...why is that? Is it that...you simply don't possess the intelligence to think otherwise? Or could it be that you've for some reason got some driving force strong enough to bring you up there? Is it...really anything strong enough to make you want to take on the might of our three factions combined? What will you do if the rest of your faction is captured, and killed...? Is this really a fate that you want to face, you two...? I'll give you a chance...one chance...to walk right back down the stairs you came up...and leave this place. That will be the only chance you'll get...and if you refuse it...be prepared to defend yourselves, for your very lives will rest in the balance."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Issac Harvey
Blondy

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Tumblr_msa5plb5df1rhodoko1_500

Issac fell asleep during the journey with Buddi. His eyes opened up a bit when he heard heavy metal noises hitting each other. At first he wondered what was going on and decided to go back to sleep before feeling himself getting lifted off of the ground. This woke him up. He fully opened his eyes to assess what was going on. As soon as he did, he felt a wracking headache coming up. Man that was not a good time to drink the first time. Issac rubbed his temple in pain while Vincent spoke. This made him look up to see who it was. He didn't look threatening with those glasses, but if he was here then it meant trouble. Issac listened to what Vincent had to say and pondered how to answer. "You might think it's suicide...heck even I thought it was before when I went against Vulture. I thought they were fools. But they have something that you and I don't have. Determination. Determination about their members and how they won't give up to save them no matter the cost. They never lose sight of their goal. They always make sure that everyone is safe before they move on. Heck, they might even be stronger than you or your faction. Maybe thats why all three of you teamed up? So that way Vulture can't hurt you. You're scared of them aren't you? No matter, Buddi and I will make sure they stay safe. It's the least we can do to help them." Issac fully got up and reached his hands inside his coat taking out cards. He was getting ready for this fight. This time he was not running away.

"I will use my cards to protect everyone!"
dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Vincent Kerrigan

Vincent listened to what Isaac had to say...and as the blonde continued, a small hint of a smile seemed to tug at the corners of Vincent's lips. And then...he did something...unnaturally uncharacteristic of him. As Isaac got to the end of the speech...
"Ehe...ehehe...ahahaha!" Vincent actually laughed. It was a cold, condescending laugh, laced with pride. "Oh...my apologies...just...what you said just now...was oddly entertaining. Are you a comedian, perhaps? If so, then bravo...laughing is not usually something that I do...but your claims were simply so ridiculous, that I..." He gave another soft chuckle, readjusting his glasses before beginning to speak again.
"You...obviously don't understand who you're facing here, child...I am a member of The Black Dragon...we are to be feared...not mocked, as you would so boldly attempt to do...You believe that I'm afraid of Vulture? Hah! Ridiculous...truly, a ludicrous notion...why would I be afraid of any who were...so far beneath me?" He paused for a moment, tapping the sheathe of his sword on the ground slightly as if to garner their attention, feeling as if they may not be listening anymore. Vultures were awfully un-attentive, after all, to the extent of his knowledge. "Now then...listen. Tell me...People like you in Vulture may mob together...you may mob together to try to obtain your wishes...thinking that as one, you might have enough strength...but tell me...what is a mob to a king? And...even further...what is a king to a god? And...to take it one step more...what is a god...to a nonbeliever...such as myself? Nothing. A god is nothing to one who has learned to surpass him...You are all far beneath me, as you can plainly tell...beneath all of us in Black Dragon...we work with people when we find the opportunity convenient...do not confuse us with the villains on the Saturday cartoons you no doubt used to watch, child...we are not comical, we are not forgiving, and we do not take insults like yours lightly...and on top of that, you refused my most gracious offer of letting you leave here with your lives...my...how the rabble have grown arrogant...You do not even realize your own fragility...but then again, you are but a child...it's a shame that I have to take the life of one so young as yourself...you might have even had potential. ....Just a small mite of potential. Not much." He sighed, shaking his head, then turning to look at the larger of the two sihlouettes in his vision. "My offer still stands for you. You can take your child and leave this place, or you two can be content to let your lifeblood spill upon this very floor. What will it be?" Vincent seemed totally sure in all that he said--not a shred of fear was shown in his glazed over eyes that lay behind his glasses, nor did he feel any. He truly thought that he possessed powers stronger than those of a god--and he didn't fear Vulture one bit. He saw the two before him as a mere annoyance--an annoyance that he'd like to quickly take care of.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:54 am

BUDDI
eremiah  arraway (?)

『 bear the mark of my scars
shedding blood underneath the stars
but I will survive somehow
 』

Buddi seriously considered Vincent`s question. Why was he here? It probably wasn`t okay to tell him that their Boss` boyfriend got kidnapped, right? She wouldn`t like that - no. Something struck a cord with him, just a bit - the thought that any of the comrades they passed on the way up could be in serious trouble... but, really - Buddi was not the right person to ask this question too. In Vincent`s monologue, there would be the occasional word he just didn`t understand - and even using context clues didn`t help too much. It was odd that he was being considered an actual member of Vulture Team now... considering the only reason he`d chosen to stay in Carrion Land was because Pugsy had been nice enough to offer it. The presence of Emilia was, of course, a fantastic bonus.
He opened his mouth to speak - but Isaac beat him to it. Buddi simply listened in silence, still sort of eyeing where his buzz axe had landed before. He didn`t want to use his fists again... this guy had a sword - so that probably wasn`t a good idea. Neither was throwing his buzz axe every time he wanted to do something. But, what Isaac was saying was mostly true - Vultures were pretty persistent. He admired that much. The odds were pretty stacked against them, but, for whatever reason - Buddi felt like they almost had everything under control. Like they were some sort of force of nature - because things just couldn`t go that wrong. Kraven wouldn`t rule the world. It was bad enough that he had control over No Man`s Land for the time being...

But then Vincent laughed. It was probably the creepiest thing he ever heard - it actually made him recoil a bit, a shudder crawling down his spine. He listened cautiously - it wasn`t anything he hadn`t heard before. They were beneath him. Same thing Dave said a bunch of times. As he mentioned Saturday morning cartoon villains, Buddi actually took the slightest bit of offense, however. When his attention was back on the mutant - he froze, stopping to think. "... I`ll do the lifeblood thing," He confirmed, cracking his knuckles. That was what Isaac needed after all, right? And maybe once they got Ryder back - Pugsy could come back, too... Buddi would do anything in his power to help for as long as he could. He did want to give Isaac a bit of a chance to shine if he could, but something told him that humoring this guy wasn`t the smartest move. He would have to take this seriously. Which would be hard when his weapon was on the other side of the room. Dang. "You wanna start--?"   

⊰ Buddi`s Theme - Thousand Knocks
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Vincent Kerrigan

Vincent looked at Buddi with an unamused expression. Were they...really so confident? Oh well...it was their funeral, he supposed...
"As you wish," Vincent said simply, not hesitating even a moment before closing the distance between himself and Buddi, wishing that he could slash at the behemoth's neck--but no. The man was too tall. What a pain. So--he just settled for throwing a quick volley of slashes at Buddi's chest, putting power in them to try to make them as deep as possible--though he had a lurking suspicion that this giant of a man was more than his silhouette appeared. So, he made a point of quickly moving back again after his attack--doing his best to guesstimate exactly where would be out of the behemoth's arm's reach. He didn't want to get grabbed or anything...Even during this whole thing, too, Vincent didn't even really realize that Buddi's axe was just sort of sitting on the ground off to the side...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Issac Harvey
Blondy

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Tumblr_ms2zsusuez1rvhrn0o1_r1_1280

Issac looked at Buddi. Was the man going to be alright without his axe? Sure he can take a few hits but that doesn't mean that he'll be able to hit the man easily with his fists. As soon as Vincent ran towards Buddi, Issac was shocked. Man that guy could move fast! Issac didn't want to risk hitting Buddi with his cards as he kept them in his hand. Just what was he going to do? 'Even though that man took a step back it doesn't mean I can even hit him! He'll probably just move out of the way and Buddi might get hit by them! Just what am I suppose to do?' Issac remained standing where he was to assess the situation, hoping that Buddi would be safe at teh same time. They need a plan and fast if they want to survive.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:44 am

BUDDI
eremiah  arraway (?)

』

The neutrality ever present on Vincent`s features was the slightest bit unsettling to Buddi - just like that laughter of his. It felt.. unnatural. So unnatural. The man dashed at him with alarming speed - to which Buddi slumped his shoulders. Fast people. Ugh. He was at least just using a sword - which he was pretty sure he could take a few blows from. The mutant cautiously stepped back with one foot, immediately holding his arms in front of his chest to block that volley of slashes. He figured it was probably better to take the hits on the arm than anywhere near his heart - but, it didn`t stop him from cringing at the stinging sensation each attack gave. He clenched his fist, throwing a non-hefty punch just as Vincent stepped back, which kind of sucked. He felt pretty insecure about fighting without a weapon, though... he wasn`t sure how long he could hold out. So, something makeshift would have to do! Except, this was a narrow hallway. With nothing around. Except some stairs. So, Buddi just yanked out an actual step from the stairs and chucked it in Vincent`s direction. Just like that. Yep.   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:11 am

Vincent Kerrigan

Vincent watched the two sihlouettes before him closely--the little one didn't move--but the big one...looked like it was throwing something? Oh--oh dear--
Vincent darted to the side, hearing the distinct loud slam of the stair hitting the ground. And he had no idea what the hell that had been. He couldn't see things like that, after all. Only heat.
Still, he wasn't showing much expression, as much as that unseen attack had shaken him internally...he knew that he had to focus now, and get this over with already. Unbeknownst to Vincent, he'd moved further away from Buddi's buzz-axe--and it would be available for the mutant to retrieve now. That is, it was available while Vincent was once again charging at him--this time just sort of trying to stab him and get this thing over with before the man threw some other large object he couldn't see at him.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Issac Harvey
Blondy

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Tumblr_ms2zsusuez1rvhrn0o1_r1_1280

Issac still stood there pondering what to do. He didn't want to hurt Buddi but he wanted to get Vincent hurt at the same time. Just how is he going to attack? Issac watched as Buddi threw a stair at Vincent, not expecting that to happen. As soon as Vincent stepped back and began charging forward, Issac's eyes opened up. 'This is my chance!' Issac threw a few of his sharp cards at Vincent. Nothing hidden behind it just sharp cards as he took a few more out to get ready if anything else was to happen.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:25 am

BUDDI
eremiah  arraway (?)

』

Buddi furrowed his brows as Vincent dodged -- this guy wasn`t even phased! He threw a stair, that had to count for something. And, it sort of did -- seeing as his buzz axe was now left abandoned on the other side of the room. He beamed under his mask, his face lighting up. Gooood.
Except he was being charged at again -- which probably wasn`t as good. He immediately put his arms up in front of himself defensively - pausing as he noticed the cards flying across the room toward Vincent. His eyes quickly trailed the source back to Isaac - whom he had almost forgotten was even in the room. Good for him, though! Although those were just the sharp kind that someone like this guy could shrug off easily - it could at least be a little distraction for a moment as Buddi quickly ducked and skidded back over to where Vincent had previously been, plucking his buzz axe and just taking in it`s beauty for a moment. "Better," He commented to himself, looking back up at his enemy with a bit more confidence. He took a few steps forward and swung downwards at him, aiming to just cut him in half then and there. He seemed to have sort of forgotten that he was doing this for Isaac originally, I guess --  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:58 am

Vincent Kerrigan

Out of the corner of his eye, Vincent saw Isaac's sihlouette's hand lashing out in attack--from the boy's form, it looked to be a ranged attack. Vincent ducked the cards, though this led to Buddi managing to get away from his attack. He grimaced slightly in annoyance, turning and showing Isaac a dark, ominous expression.
"Wait your turn, boy..." It was at that moment that he heard Buddi's lumbering footsteps coming back towards him again, and he whipped around, seeing the man's sihlouette rearing up to attack. It looked like he was preparing a downwards swing--most likely a blunt or bladed weapon--Vincent's mind worked at a mile a minute in that short moment that he had before he horizontally held up both his sword and sheathe together, supporting them at the handle and underside by both hands, hearing Buddi's weapon clash with it. Unfortunately, he was unable to identify the large man's weapon--it would take further investigation into this to figure out what it was. He had to steel himself to block the blow from Buddi--that was one powerful swing. Because of this, any ideas he had of counterattack at the moment were delayed. However, he did duck, then dash out of Buddi's attack range, moving so that he was facing both Buddi and Isaac, and not standing between them--which would have been very unwise. He took just a moment to make sure that he wasn't standing too near any walls or anything, by extending out his sheathe and checking the area immediately around him--seeing that there were no obstacles near. He looked at Buddi and Isaac then, his expression now nearly indiffierent as he pointed his blade at them as if in challenge, before getting back into a ready stance.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:34 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Eyelessbabe_zps7d852f39

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Yeeep. Still carrying Ryder. Injured and all, because that`s how the Jo do. She couldn`t deny the slight limp in her step, however - and kind of really hoped Ryder hadn`t noticed it. Can`t deny the aching rib cage either. Or head. Or eye socket - which still felt all gross and violated and why did Kraven stick his finger in her eye oh my God.

She sort of figured she should be telling Ryder something romantic right now or whatever - about how much she missed him and all, but... decided against it. For obvious reasons. All the 'knight in shining armor' and 'princess Ryder' jokes she had planned on using upon his rescue earlier got scrapped the second she caught his appearance, which the mere thought of still made her the slightest bit queasy. Despite it all, she considered the possibility of feeling at least a little triumphant right now... she got Ryder, kicked Kraven out a window -- but somehow forgot to use that one line from '300'. Yeah, that was going to haunt her forever. Needless to say, she was just... so glad Ryder decided to close his eyes. Next time she saw Kraven - he`d be losing much more than that...!

She steadily walked down the stairs, keeping her sights set straight ahead and just sort of guessing where the next step would be - which wasn`t probably the best idea. The sound of combat near the end of the stairwell made her pause, almost automatically about to cover her right eye with her hand - before pausing to take note of the fact that she was sort of holding Ryder. And dropping him would be -- not good -- not good at all --

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:58 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) EYELESSCUTIE--_zpse3155916

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
“Do you really think that I’ll be giving up that easily? I don’t think so!”

Ryder had to keep on blowing his hair out of his face, every now and then kind of trying to flick it away with a hand--only to have it fall right back into his face. Not like it was obstructing his non-existent vision or anything--but all of the sweat from earlier had pretty much destroyed any loft it'd usually have, and now it was just kind of annoying and itchy on his nose--
Either way, he noticed when Jo came to a stop, and he, too, heard the sounds resonating from the battle just below them, probably on the floor at the bottom of the staircase. That was...a problem. Were some of their people fighting down there? Probably. But it was unlikely that whoever they were fighting would just let them leave...

"...Any ideas?" Ryder addressed Jo first, since she had remained quiet, speaking in a bit of a hopeful tone. He and Jo could totally come up with a plan as to how to get two severely wounded people, and whoever else, past by and away from whatever psychotic killer was down there. Hopefully. Maybe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Thousand Suns
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:30 am

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) D1214ff1-08a2-4df2-945c-a9be9674f945_zpsfd3abd85

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Hal got to the 4th floor, and began to casually walk down the seemingly endless flight of stairs. The man began to whistle to himself, he heard Vincent's work downstairs, he had hoped that the man would have finished the job already. No matter, Hal knew he could handle this himself. The man continued to whistle to himself, his footsteps echoing louder and louder with every step. Finally, he could be heard by Jo and Ryder "..." the man stopped whistling as he saw the two "Ah, there you are...!" the man sung in a dark voice. A grin on his face "What a fun sight! Between the two of you there's one eyeball!"

"We meet again. I know what you're thinking... matter a fact, I know what you're about to say, and what you're going to do... Everything about you."
Innsmouth Theme - Psycho Soldier

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:47 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) EYELESSCUTIE--_zpse3155916

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
“Do you really think that I’ll be giving up that easily? I don’t think so!”

As Ryder awaited Jo's reply to his question--he suddenly heard footsteps from...above them on the stairs? And whistling...And then came Hal's mocking voice.
Oh, great. This guy.
Ryder grimaced slightly as he turned his head towards the direction of Hal's voice, coincidentally looking over Jo's shoulder at the man, then calling to him,

"Yeah, haha. You're real funny. What do you want? We're a bit busy here. Kind of leaving and stuff. So just--go away. We really don't need any of your bullshit right now."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Thousand Suns
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:19 pm

Isaac Harvey
Blondy

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Tumblr_msa5plb5df1rhodoko1_500

Isaac smirked when Buddi grabbed his axe. 'Great! Now he can attack and defend himself better!' When he saw that Buddi's swing at Vincent was blocked, his mind was telling him that now was his chance. As soon as he was ready to throw his cards, Vincent got out of the way. Darn. Just now what? Isaac pondered what to do when he saw Vincent standing in his ready stance while Buddi was by him. 'Maybe that? Or would that work? Maybe this?' Isaac was playing with his mind right now of what card might work when all of a sudden, an idea struck his head. He got close to Buddi and went on his tiptoes to whisper to the big man. "As soon as I throw my cards Buddi, that will be your chance to strike. Ok?" Isaac went back to his feet and looked at Vincent, showing a small smirk on his face. He reached into his coat and took out three cards. 'These will do.' Isaac threw one of them at Vincent, the card exploding in front of the man. Yup he was using those at the moment. He threw the other two explosive cards at the man, hoping that it would either hurt him or have him move out of the way, leaving himself open for an attack. As soon as he threw them Isaac nodded to Buddi that now was the time to strike. 'Please work!'

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Vincent Kerrigan

The first card exploded in front of Vincent--but before the other two exploded, the man burst through the cloud of smoke, avoiding the other two explosions, looking slightly singed as he dashed over towards Buddi and Isaac. If the little one was going to continue pelting him with trivial little attacks--well, he wasn't too keen on that. He ran at Isaac, attempting to simply skewer the blonde through the stomach with his blade.
"The next time you're going to whisper a plan to your ally...don't do it around a blind man who's taken eighteen years to train his hearing to help navigate...you fool..."
Vincent had heard every word that Isaac had whispered--and he hadn't wanted to let the big one--apparently known as 'Buddi'--to attack. That would have been bad. He also detected the three who sounded to be at the top of the stairs--however, he couldn't pay them any mind right now. At this point, whether his attack had connected with Isaac or not, he swiftly backed up again, anticipating that, after having attacked the little one, that Buddi might try to counterstrike simply out of anger. Big people tended to be protective of little people like that a lot. So--Vincent was simply taking precautions.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:32 pm

The Walls // Paladin HQ (F4) Eyelessbabe_zps7d852f39

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo paused, considering Ryder`s question. She could always just aid Buddi and Isaac briefly - with the three of them combined, the battle would be over much quicker, right...? Then she could grab the pair, and move on to the next floor. With Ivy, Chelsea, and her friend. Yeah-- that sounded right. She opened her mouth, about to retell her plans to Ryder - when she heard footsteps off in the distance. She glanced over her shoulder, a frown sloowly creeping onto her features. "... Oh, fuck me." She whispered under her breath, hurrying down a few more steps - only to be reminded of her current situation via the sound of battle down the flight of stairs made her halt to a stop. She tensed, clutching onto Ryder a bit tighter. ... Well, damn.

Annnd then his voice. She paused, not turning to him just yet, just taking in the sultry smoothness of his tone, her hazy mind working to recall why exactly it made her blood boil. Right. The first floor. The intercom...
Jo glared over her shoulder at the man. Even in her current state - she was this close to just plopping Ryder onto the ground (comfortably, of course!) and just taking a few shots at him. Just a few, since the opportunity was here and all. "C`mon, Innsmouth... really? Y`wanna start picking fights with people your own size -- because, I dunno if you`ve noticed, but you`re sorta outta your league here." She said, piling on more snark to Ryder`s already snarky reply to his presence. Neither of them were having any of Hal`s bullshittery today. They had hero stuff to do in the floors below them - blindness and all.  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next