Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inner City // Carrion Land

+4
Akikazemoon
MochaLatte
The Hidden Spring
Not Manchee
8 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Empty Re: Inner City // Carrion Land

Post  dbzhardcore Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 am

Issac Harvey
Blondy

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Tumblr_ms2zsusuez1rvhrn0o1_r1_1280

Issac looked back up to Buddi. His eyes a bit red and a little bit teary from what he just did. "But Buddi...I couldn't stop him. I can never stop anything to happen I-I'm just...." Issac felt himself to tear up again when he heard someone new. He saw Chelsea a bit before, but never remembered her name or starting a conversation with her. She was just there in his eyes. Chelsea asked what happened and Issac looked away. "It's my fault...I couldn't get him to stay. I'm so useless...everything is my fault." Issac got up and fell over to the ground. He didn't have the strength really to get back up or the determination to. He was still awake however.

"I will use my cards to protect everyone!"
dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:14 am

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Bunny8_zps26fd9a1d
BunnyMio

TheCrimsonAngelofDeathstandsbeforeyou

Theme:Get your Body Beat

"Son of a bitch..." she knelt down, pulling him to his bed, and putting him in it. She pushed him over, and then climbed in as well. She really wanted to save that dress. She positioned herself quite close to him, facing him. Talk about awkward, but it was the best she could do. "At least sleep..." she said to him.

Fearmynameanddowhatsbestforyou

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Untitled-3
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:18 am

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Chelsea92_zps7ec13f5c

Chelsea Mercy
The Comeback Kid
-------------------------------------
"Just you wait! I'll show you that I can protect the people that I care about!"

Chelsea listened carefully to both Buddi and Isaac, her hands fidgeting slightly as she did so. From how they were speaking, obviously, something bad had happened that had made Pugsy and Ivy want to leave. She felt a strange, sinking sensation in the pit of her stomach...in all of the many years that she'd known Pugsy, he had never been one to betray his friends. Ever. But now...with how everyone was acting...
As Isaac lay down on the ground, Chelsea walked over to him, then knelt down next to him, putting on a bit of a huffy face--which came across as more cute than anything, honestly.

"Now, you listen to me, buster. Everybody makes mistakes. But lying around only whining about how at fault you are isn't going to change anything. Everyone who was around already knows who's fault it is--if you really want to make it better, then you need to make an effort! Don't just wallow in pity all day--make an effort to fix it, and believe that you can do it! If all you do is lie here all day, then of course you'll be useless! I thought that I was useless, too--and that's why I do all I can to help my friends! The word 'useless' isn't something that somebody pins on you--it's something that you pin on yourself! Nobody is ever useless, as long as they make the effort to help others! So, buck up, and help us figure this out, okay?" Her tone became softer towards the end, and she patted Isaac's shoulder before standing up again, smoothing out her skirt before going to face Buddi. "Not to trouble you or anything...but do you think we could go look for them? I'd go myself, but people usually insist that I have a bodyguard, since I can't really fight...and my boyfriend is busy now..." Just saying the word 'boyfriend' brought a light blush over Chelsea's face--actually dating somebody felt so awesome! "I just...I've known Pugsy for years now, and Ivy's my friend, too...I just--I'm worried about them. Really worried. S-So...do you think we could go find them together?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chelsea's Theme - Comeback Kid
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 am

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Ryder77_zpsd56c09cd

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
“Do you really think that I’ll be giving up that easily? I don’t think so!”

Ryder was about to shake his head to Emilia's question about his alcohol consuming abilities--but then Jo suddenly said that she'd tell Emilia a bunch of stories about last time. Oh no. Ryder paled slightly--he knew that Jo had all of the best blackmail on him in that respect, and he knew that she'd have nothing against spilling it to Emilia.
And then Elliot happened. Ryder slooowly raised a single eyebrow, looking at the collapsed man in confusion after having gotten the scariest death glare ever. He just kind of stared until Bunny dragged him off.
And then Dorthy happened. Ryder slooowly turned to look at the little girl for a moment, shocked by her behavior. Well. This was awkward.
He suddenly didn't feel very much like drinking anymore. All of the craziness in the past minute or so had reminded him how derpy and weird he was while drunk--and he sure as hell didn't want to show that side of himself when so many other people were around.

"No thanks--I'm fine," Ryder replied to Jo when she asked if he would try one of her drinks, giving her just the smallest hint of a smile before pushing his own drink away from himself and looking down at the counter. His previously cheerful demeanor had been replaced by one that seemed...visibly troubled.
Elliot's glare had unnerved him in the way that it had made him realize that besides the fact that his feelings for Jo would probably never amount to much (she didn't feel the same way after all, right? What reason would she have to like a guy like him?), but also, those feelings of his were probably not approved by any member of Vulture Team ever. And as he thought about that, he began to realize how he'd neglected the other team members over the past month...barely paid them any attention at all...and that just made him feel even worse. What was he doing...? This was a gang war, not a romantic high-school themed T.V. show. He couldn't just ignore everything else in order to fawn after a woman who would never love him back...! Or...would she? He had no idea... His eyes flickered up to Jo for a moment, before looking back down at the counter, a further heaviness coming over him as his shoulders sagged slightly.
He couldn't believe that he'd ever thought that she'd like him back. She was recovering from the loss of her dead husband, after all. What kind of a dick was he, to be chasing after a woman who had just gone through something like that? He felt...almost disgusted with himself. What had he been thinking...? He knew that he couldn't get his feelings to change, but he probably had to get his priorities in order...all of these realizations had made him start to feel a bit queasy...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Burn My Dread (Reincarnation)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Bravery26_zps1cb01efc

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
"To see the people I care about free and happy...I'll fight until my very last breath."

"Hey there!" Bravery chirped cheerfully as he hugged his boyfriend, then went to sit down at one of the stools. He watched Gabriel curiously as the man started making another drink, then grinned as the daiquiri was placed in front of him. "Hey, thanks! You sure know me well--I love these things!" Bravery sipped happily at the drink, not paying too much attention to the other conversation. He did, however, notice Gabriel's gaze continuously sliding back to him again and again. He gave Gabriel a friendly smile, then asked, "Need something?"

Bravery's Theme - Declaration of War
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:17 am

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 A03302fc-3949-4514-97fc-1b773bc8f9bb_zps87e51500

Elliot Payne
Red Sun
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Elliot seemed to stop grabbing her once he was in the best again, he seemed dazed based off his expression, for all Bunny knew he could be thinking he's dreaming. The man started to slowly close his eyes before he began to mumble something "I want.... I want...." he let out a tired yawn, he couldn't finish his sentence. He ended up hugging Bunny then finished his sentence "I wanna punch Ryder in the face..." he said in a tired voice.

Henry smiled to Dorthy "Alright-'' THEN she started acting weird, REALLY WEIRD. Was she acting like James Bond? And ordering alcohol!? Henry immediately looked to Gabriel "Give her apple juice- er... NOT WHAT SHE ORDERED!" he let out, Henry was almost at a loss of words at what Dorthy was doing and why she was acting like that. Who in this base could she possibly get that from-? JO! Henry immediately shot a glare to Jo "W-w-what in the world did you teach her!?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"I'm not going to show weakness again, I'll be there to hold the line when the time comes again..."
Elliot Theme - Red Sun

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Gabriel4_zpsda03d671

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
"All is fair in love and war..."
-----

Gabriel frowned a bit as a sudden burst of chaos entered the area, looking between Elliot while he was there, Dorothy, Henry, and then the ones who had been there already. He was a bit overwhelmed- but first things first. Take care of the order. He wouldn't serve alcohol to someone so young though, he wasn't that dumb- so even before Henry had told him, he'd been preparing a glass of apple juice in a martini glass, with just a bit of food coloring to turn it slightly more pink. He made sure it wouldn't effect the taste though as he placed the glass in front of her with a smile, having shaken it and everything just to make her happy. Then he turned his attention to Ryder, resting his elbow on the bar and his chin in his hand. "Hey now- who said you could look so down at my bar, eh? Cheer up- if you don't like the drink, you can just say so. Or if that's not it- perhaps..." Glancing between Ryder and Jo, he decided that the fellow red-head was probably having lady troubles. And so in an attempt to perhaps help them out, though he was drunk and therefore not exactly thinking straight, he tugged on Jo's sleeve. "Could I have a word, Jo?" he asked cordially, holding a finger up to Bravery to ask him to wait a moment. He had something else he wanted to deal with first...

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Bunny8_zps26fd9a1d
BunnyMio

TheCrimsonAngelofDeathstandsbeforeyou

Theme:Get your Body Beat

Bunny rolled her eyes, but then felt him let go and hug her. She sighed, and let his head rest on her...very close to her tits.
"Good Night...dick." she said, closing her eyes herself, deciding to just enjoy herself for now.

Fearmynameanddowhatsbestforyou

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Untitled-3
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Dorthy Fentom

The Little Star
Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 DorthyYoung5

Dorthy patted the bar counter and smiled brightly when she got the pink apple juice. She hummed to herself happily as she sipped it like how she saw in the movies. "Now all I need is a girl with a weird name..." Dorthy said to herself before finishing the glass like a normal kid. "Um... Aren't you proud? I watched these movies with Agent 007 in them... He's kind of a jerk though... But he taught good things like how to act when I am in a place like this! I watch them with the Boss when she is in her undies!" Dorthy exclaimed and Emilia spat out her drink. Dorthy saw Jo nearly naked... Lucky little girl.

"I will do my best for my father dream!I PROMISE!
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Okthisoneshouldwork_zps3c3f8c58

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill
would you speak them to me?
let the world fear us all, it`s just means to an end

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo blinked - and when she opened her eye again, Elliot was just. Sort of gone. "Elli? Eliiii --" She pursed her lips and quirked an eyebrow - but quickly decided to let the issue go. 
She furrowed her brows as Ryder rejected her drink - promptly putting her chin down on the counter, and slooooowly pushing the glass back to him with one finger. "C`moooooon -- please? For me?" Well, that was cruel. Even she acknowledged that. "I`m the birthday queen, you gotta --" She paused, staring at his expression with sudden interest. She picked herself up the counter, sitting up straight before leaning towards him a little, inspecting his features. She pulled back again, stroking an imaginary beard. She was hesitant to speak for a bit - her borderline tipsy mind making it harder to deduce the current situation. Just as she opened her mouth, Dorthy and Henry happened.

"Hi Henry!" She was rather quick to exclaim, throwing one arm up and waving at him before gesturing him over. She turned to Gabriel, "Nothing too bad for Henry, he`s a delicate creature --" Dorthy. Jo stared at the little girl for a moment, before a huge grin spread on her features. She promptly threw her arm around the girl`s shoulder, pulling her into a side-hug. "Can I -- can I just have you?! I swear, I`d be a way better mom than Jade --!" She cried, loosening her grip on Dorthy a bit. She looked over her shoulder at Henry, giving him her best pouting face. "I didn`t teach her anything anything. Not my fault the girl`s a genius. I mean -- My dad raised me on 007, and I turned out fine!" Because who wouldn`t want their child to end up a divorced, formally alcoholic, crime lord leader of an underground militia residing in the world`s largest prison?
Jo was the best example for a little girl to follow, obviously.
But then Dorthy proceeded to say a few more things. Things that made Emilia spit out her drink. The blunette`s face flushed a red hue, and she quickly clasped a hand over Dorthy`s mouth. "T-That`s enough of that --"
Her sight flickered up to Gabriel as the redhead asked for a word - despite his good-natured manner of saying it, she couldn`t help but feel as if she were in trouble. Her mind wandered for a moment, thinking of all the worst possible outcome -- "Yeah, man. Sure." She unclasped her hand from Dorthy`s mouth and hopped off the bar stool, slowly stepping around the bar and just kind of waiting for Gabriel to lead her off somewhere.

Jo`s Theme - A Stranger I Remain

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Tumblr_mrjxn3gbhs1r7ahu7o1_r1_1280_zps544f5131

BUDDI
ᵇˡᵃᶜᵏ ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒᶰ`ˢ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ

『 bear the mark of my scars
shedding blood underneath the stars
but I will survive somehow
 』

Buddi`s shoulders slumped as Isaac fell over. He reached out to pull the smaller boy back up and support him - but in came the best motivational speech he would probably ever hear in his lifetime. Buddi stared at Chelsea, his eyes wide. That was. That was adorable. How did she get into No Man's Land? His mind began to wander into the depths of curiosity- though he suddenly perked as the brunette`s attention went his way instead.
"Y-Yeah! Of course! Me and Isaac can go with you -- it`s not a bother--" He exclaimed, pulling himself up to his full height. Which... he never really noticed was that tall before, until he compared himself next to Chelsea. Huh. That couldn`t be natural...
He looked back over to Isaac, bending down slightly as an attempt to level with the boy. He was still larger, but that would do. "Isaac...?" He said, his voice just above a gentle whisper. "Do you want to come with us, or do you just want to hang out around here for a bit...?" 

⊰ Buddi`s Theme - Thousand Knocks

Last edited by Emu Queen on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Henry_zps82e04b12

Henry Ghast
Skull-Faced Gentleman

Henry lowered his eyes as he heard Dorthy, then looked to Jo, then to Dorthy again, then to Jo, Henry is disappoint. He did not approve of Jo's Joness "Jo... you're not allowed with Dorthy anymore..." then he looked to Dorthy "And you! You're only allowed to watch...- er... whatever eight year olds watch!" and he would just leave it at that so he wasn't called on anything. He looked to Jo again, then remembered something "Oh! Jo...! Kraven says happy birthday and that he left your gift under your bed... no idea how he got under there..." he almost seemed uncomfortable telling her that.

_______________________________________________________ ___________________________________
"Even The Family has a few skeletons in their closet..."

Mr. Ghoul Theme - Twilight
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:35 pm

Issac Harvey
Blondy

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Tumblr_mnu88abL0a1rvhrn0o1_500

Issac listened in on what Chelsea had to say. Throughout his mind all he kept thinking was how useless he was to them and how he couldn't save anybody. Orane popped into his mind. Just seeing the person he loved killing himself and him not able to save Orane just crushed him mentally. He heard the last part of Chelsea's speech and managed to give a little smile. "T-Thank you ummm whoever you are." Issac did a small laugh as he didn't remember who this name was. Issac had to remember that he had to live on and make sure that Dorothy wouldn't get hurt. It was their effort to make sure she was safe after all. Issac got up to see Buddi on his knees and on the same level of Issac. Well sort of, the big man was still taller than Issac even on his knees! Issac's eyes widen on what Buddi said. Is Issac going to stay or go? "B-Buddi....I..I don't want to go...but...please stay here! I need you here Buddi! I don't really know anyone here and you might die out there! I don't think I can do it here all alone! You're my friend Buddi!" Tears started to come out of his eyes. "Buddi don't go! Please stay here! Please! I know it's selfish but...I don't want another person to die while I was useless and couldn't save them. I-I'm scared Buddi..." Issac started to shake and held his arms together, trying to calm himself down.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 am

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

Gabriel just watched and waited patiently until Jo was ready to talk to him, and then he quickly stood straight and lead her around to the room behind the bar. Once there, he began speaking quickly, but quietly, glancing back out towards the bar. "Hey so I kind of noticed that Ryder is all making googly eyes at you and all and I want to help him and all but I don't know if you return those feelings- and if you didn't things would just be plain awkward- so uh-- I dunno-- I guess-- How do you feel about the other red-head out there?" he rambled awkwardly, blushing as he reached up a hand and rubbed the back of his neck. "... Sorry for being so straightforward-"

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:42 am

Dorthy Fentom

The Little Star
Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 DorthyYoung5

"Yeah! And one time she took out a bottle and drank the whole thing. Then she offered me-Hmmksdkwhflwjefifhbeerwaterstasteslikeburning." Dorthy said as she looked at Jo with a confused look. Then she looked back at Henry. "Awwwww.... Wait what do 8 year olds watch?" Dorthy asked confused. She honesty ha no idea. This was when Emilia popped in. "I think... I can help with that... Why don't instead of watching Henry you READ to Dorthy. It's better for her anyway."

"OH yes! Read to me! My Daddy always read Bo to me."

"Bo?"

"Yeah... Wanna hear about it?" Dorthy asked excitedly.

"I will do my best for my father dream!I PROMISE!
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:57 am

Chelsea Mercy
The Comeback Kid

"Oh--my name's Chelsea, by the way," she said, as Isaac stated that he didn't know what her name was. She listened to Buddi and smiled, nodding to him. "That'd be very nice of you...!"
As she heard Isaac's reply to Buddi, though, her cheerful demeanor faltered. Had nothing that she had said reached the blonde at all? She couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed...maybe she just wasn't good at pep talks...
"I-I mean...if neither of you can go, I could always find somebody else...or just go myself..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:07 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

"I--" 'For me.' Those words hit him like a bunch of bricks. He couldn't think of a thing to say in response. He'd gotten so close to Jo over the past month--why was it suddenly so hard to speak to her? A thought occurred to him that maybe he should just drink the thing to make Jo happy...but he really didn't want to get drunk with so many other people around. Jo already knew how he acted when drunk--he didn't need Emilia, Henry, and even Dorthy seeing, too. "...I'm fine...thanks, though..." He was so busy staring at the counter, that he didn't even notice Jo leaning in to examine his face. And he had to ask himself one question: Why did he feel so goddamned depressed suddenly?! He was out drinking with friends, for crying out loud! He knew that he should be having a good time, but now, he just couldn't tear his mind away from the worries that had suddenly begun to plague it.
He was somewhat glad as Jo's attention was pulled away--he didn't want to make her worry about him. He troubled her enough as it was, already. He did notice Gabriel pulling Jo off to talk privately, but pretended that he hadn't seen, instead trying to seem very interested in the ice cubes that were sitting in his glass. Still...he couldn't let himself get into a rut again...he was going to have to start thinking positively, he knew, if he didn't want that happening a second time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
"To see the people I care about free and happy...I'll fight until my very last breath."

Bravery nodded to Gabriel, and was happy enough to just sit there and drink his strawberry daiquiri. It tasted delicious, after all! Gabriel always made just the best drinks!

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:42 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo followed Gabriel along - stopping as she heard Henry. She turned on her heel and continued to follow Gabriel whilst walking backwards as she said "Nonono! I`m good with Dorthy, I swear! I-I`ll prove you wrong! I`m great with kids! You`ll see! --- ... Who let Kraven in my room. Henry, we`re talking later."
And then she was in that room behind the bar. She glanced around, smiling rather fondly as she did. Jo was rather interested with a bottle of champagne adorning the walls, when Gabriel snapped her back into reality. "I-Is he really?" She looked over her shoulder back at the bar briefly, before looking back at the redhead. This.. was a rather difficult question. How did she feel about Ryder?
"... W-Well.. I mean.. Iuno.." She begun, a hint of a blush building up on her cheeks. She rubbed her upper right arm for, biting the inside of her cheek in momentary thought. ".. I-I kinda.. really like him.. a-and... stuff... I-I think..." She said, in a quiet voice that could barely be considered audible. Her gaze fell on the ground for a moment, before flickering back to meet Gabriel`s. "That`s... That`s really bad though, isn`t it? In a place like this -- in a situation like this.. it`s downright stupid. Really stupid." She continued in a whisper that seemed to very much want not be a whisper. She was silent for another moment, furrowing her brows in thought. "... The last guy I loved didn`t even have to be in No Man`s to get roped into this and just -- just end up some pawn in someone`s plan and -- I --" She pushed her back into the wall of the room, removing her hat and letting her arm hang limply with the accessory in grasp as she coursed the other hand through her hair. Jo slumped slightly.
"... I really don`t want that to happen to Ryder..." She sighed deeply, her shoulders drooping. ".. We should probably just.. let this all pass over." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Tumblr_mrjxn3gbhs1r7ahu7o1_r1_1280_zps544f5131

BUDDI
ᵇˡᵃᶜᵏ ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒᶰ`ˢ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ

』

Buddi let out a tiny sigh at Isaac`s response. He knew he had to be patient with the boy - he had seen things that Buddi hadn`t. Things that thoughts of alone were enough to send either of them into a spiraling depression for their own reasons. The mutant was determined to power through - and bring Isaac with him. Buddi lowered himself further, trying to level with the blonde. "Isaac..." He started gently, putting a hand on his shoulder. "How about this? I absolutely promise you that I`ll come back alive. Ms. Chelsea needs an escort, and we both.. really want to be sure Pugsy and Ivy are okay." He continued, being sure to speak rather softly to Isaac - he was now well aware of how abrupt his usual voice could be. "I think you should just hang around and relax for a bit... You need that.." 

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 am

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

Gabriel listened to Jo's words with a serious expression, frowning a bit as he heard the final thing she said. He took a moment to think on what he might say before he began to speak, and his voice was gentle but firm. "No. You have to live life to the fullest- enjoy every moment while you have it before it's too late-- there's no avoiding it now, you already like him. Now you just gotta act on it-- look at him, he looks all unhappy. You need to go make him be happy, because there's no time in this place to be unhappy- Any moment could be our last. You don't want to think back on this moment and wish you'd acted on your feelings now, do you?" Pausing to glance out at the bar, the red-head's eyes focused on Bravery. "I know it's scary... Trust me, I know. But you can't just let this pass. Live happily while you can. Don't wait until it's too late." Though he wanted to return to his boyfriend, he waited to see Jo's reaction to his words, a faint smile on his lips.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:31 am

Issac Harvey
Blondy

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 14 Tumblr_ms2zsusuez1rvhrn0o1_r1_1280

Issac kept shaking until Buddi placed his hand on his shoulder. He looked up to listen to what Buddi had to say. "I-I know that Pugsy and t-that Ivy need to be fine but....I-I want to make sure you're safe as well!" Issac knew that he had to go and make sure that those two were safe, but he felt unease as well. He had a feeling that he might see Buddi this last time and it hit him like a brick. He was told to stay here and rest while his buddy went out into the danger outside. He looked down at his hands and felt how powerless he was. 'N-No not again! I don't want another person to die while I couldn't help! Not again!' Issac was getting ready to say that he would go as well when he felt one of his legs losing strength. 'Crap! I need to go and be useful! B-But I don't have the energy to!' Issac lightly bit his lip and went into his shirt and pulled out a card. It had a picture of a little teddy on it. "H-Here take this! It's my lucky charm that my dad gave to me. It'll help you out! Give it back when you come back here safe and alive!" Issac felt himself tearing up again. No, he didn't want Buddi to see him like this. Issac tiptoed up to the kneeling Buddi and took off his mask. He wanted to see what his buddy looked like one last time if this was their last time. "Huh. You're not so scary looking after all Buddi!" Issac gave a smile and gave an embracing hug to Buddi. "Make sure that you're all safe and bring them back here!" Issac's tears came out while hugging Buddi and he then pulled out. He started to walk off towards his room with sniffling sounds coming out of him.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:57 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo`s eyebrows shot up as the first thing Gabriel said was a curt 'no'. She listened to him, her eye widened slightly. She even looked over at Ryder as he prompted her to do so, quickly looking back to him afterwards. He... definitely did have a point. They could all die the second they left Carrion Land. If the last few months were an example - they could die at any moment, even in Carrion Land. He had a point in that she didn`t want to be on the verge of death later today or tomorrow and wished she just acted sooner - but, there was this completely unwelcome feeling of guilt still stirring and growing in the pit of her stomach, giving her the faintest feeling of nausea.
"-- The reason he`s unhappy is probably `cause I did something dumb -- I`m just. Not at all good at this. It`s a miracle I was ever married to begin with --" She uttered, propping her hat back onto her head. "Ask Henry -- the first thing I said to him was a pick up line. Not even a good one!" Still... her gaze followed Gabriel`s over to Bravery, then slooowly shifted over to Ryder, studying his expression once again. ... Could that really be her doing? She sighed lightly, putting a hand on her hip. Her sight flickered back to Gabriel.
Sure, there was this thunderously loud voice in her head reminding her that this was, in fact, stupid. Very stupid. Like Batman taught her -- if he enemies found out she had someone like that, they`d go at her through him faster than she could blink. And as it stood, she had a lot of enemies. Pretty much all but seven or so people in the entire city didn`t want her dead. And none of them were above any tactic to make it so. Even then...
".. I`m gonna need a lot more to drink."  

BUDDI
ᵇˡᵃᶜᵏ ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒᶰ`ˢ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ

』

Buddi knit his eyebrows, an sympathetic look hidden under his mask. "I-I know... I`ll be fine, though... No one else is gonna die..." He insisted, trying his best to be reassuring. He looked at the blonde with interest as he reached into his shirt, presumingly looking for a certain something, and then pulling out a card. Buddi tentatively took the trinket into his hands, inspecting it silently. He smiled as he noted the teddy bear -- really fitting for someone like him, wasn`t it?
"... Thank you, Isaac. I`ll be back." He said, his voice raising a little back to his normal tone. He continued to look down at the card with a grin growing on his features - zoning out just enough to not notice when Isaac abruptly pulled his mask up. Buddi stared at him as he made his comment about his face - his mind too caught up in the moment to really come up with a response quick enough. He did, however, tug his mask back down the second Isaac backed away from him. After a moment of hesitation, he hugged the smaller boy back briefly, offering a small pat on his back as he did - in a very similar manner someone else had done to Buddi when he was on the brink of tears. And just like that, Isaac was off. Buddi watched him for a moment, still silent, before turning to Chelsea.
"... Sorry about that. We -- We go way back - and -- stuff..." He actually couldn`t help but feel a bit embarrassed over the scene that just occurred - especially considering he didn`t know Chelsea very well at all. "- I.. uh, you wanna go now? Do you have any idea of where we should check first...?" 

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:03 am

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

Gabriel waited. He could tell that Jo was thinking over what he had said, and she kept glancing over at Ryder. He let her debate- he knew it was a difficult decision. But as she finally, finally gave her answer- he only grinned. "You bet. Anything in particular?" he asked as he began to lead the way back over to the others. He offered a cheerful grin and a wink at Bravery before sticking his tongue out at Ryder- but then he turned and looked at Jo expectantly, awaiting her order. He was back into bartender mode- although... His eyes flickered to Bravery again, scanning his neck carefully. Were there any marks showing...? He found himself wishing there was, or perhaps he should make one- realizing he'd gotten distracted, he quickly looked back to Jo, a blush coloring his cheeks slightly.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:34 am

[quote="Emu Queen"]

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo returned Gabriel`s grin with a somewhat sheepish one of her own. She was doing this. She was actually doing this. The plan was originally to just get both of them drunk and see where it went from there -- but, it seemed Ryder wouldn`t be budging. Almost as if he caught on. So she was just... gonna do it by herself?
This was an incredibly flawed plan. She noted that. But it didn`t really make her want to rethink it.
"Just.. something strong... the more scotch, the better." She said, giving him a slightly nerved smile. She was doing this. Okay. Okay, she was doing this.
Her gaze followed Gabriel`s again over to Bravery, as she couldn`t help but notice he kept glancing over at his boyfriend. Though, they were dating. That was probably normal, right? Jo tentatively stepped back to the bar, hopping back onto her bar stool next to Ryder. She stared down at the bar, as he had been doing, then glanced up at him in the corner of her eye. "... Hi."

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 am

Chelsea Mercy
The Comeback Kid

"Don't worry--I understand," Chelsea replied to Buddi, giving him a sympathetic smile, speaking quietly. She knew what emotional slumps could do to people. Her mind wandered back to old memories of her older brother, the month after Wynn had died, when she had just arrived...She had wanted to help him so bad, but nothing had ever seemed to work...just looking at her brother had been painful to her heart...she didn't know what she'd have done if he was still like that now... "As for where to check first...um...well, do you know what Pugsy was talking about right before he left? Maybe we can guess where he went off of that?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:33 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder averted his eyes away from the counter, looking up at Jo as she sat down next to him once again, greeting him with a simple hi.
"Oh, uh--hi," he said to her, seeming somewhat confused. "You okay? Nothing's wrong, right...?" Jo and Gabriel had been talking back there alone, after all--was there something that he needed to know about, but nobody was telling him? He didn't suspect them of doing sketchy things--moreso, he was just worried that something was wrong.

Bravery Valentine
Liberator

Bravery gave Gabriel a smile as he came back out, a bit confused about his boyfriend's winking. He noticed that Gabriel's eyes were on his neckline, and quickly readjusted his jacket's collar, worried that maybe some of the marks on his neck were showing. That wouldn't be a good thing--especially in the company of an eight-year old.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:49 am

osephine eaumont
❣ THE BOSS ❣ 

words that kill

[ ☆ ★ ☆ ]

Jo blinked her gaze away from him momentarily at his question - considering it before answering. "Y-Yeah, I`m okay, Nothing`s really wrong," She uttered, picking up one of her gin and tonics from earlier and taking a tiny sip of it. She squeezed her eye shut for a moment, exhaling deeply.
She straightened out her back - adopting her formally confident composure again, propping one elbow onto the bar and placing her chin in her palm as she peered at Ryder with interest, just staring for a bit. "... There`s something up with you, though, right? I -- I`m sorry if I said something -- that.. did that.."
It was probably a bad idea to be speaking to him about anything ever when she wasn`t really that drunk yet.
That popped into her mind, and she glanced at her glass again in the corner of her eye before looking back to Ryder expectantly.   

BUDDI
ᵇˡᵃᶜᵏ ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒᶰ`ˢ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ

』

Buddi returned Chelsea`s smile, noting the laced understanding in her tone. His eyebrows raised at her next question - and he hesitated. He had this feeling that he knew exactly where to go... but he didn`t want to lead Chelsea to Conqueror Town. Because without a doubt, Buddi was sure Kraven had no intentions of helping Vulture Team at any point. All he was here to do was find a hiding place from The Don - and that was it. As soon as they outlived their usefulness, Kraven would throw them under the bus. Buddi had him pegged exactly.
.. Still, he couldn`t come up with a plausible lie in time for Chelsea - and he didn`t really want to lie to her either...

"He... told me he was.. kinda into something Kraven told him... and -- uh -- words. Were exchanged. Yeah. And I kinda. ended up punching him. And.. then he left.. and Ivy followed..." He admitted to her, his voice becoming more and more quiet as he rambled on. "... So, I don`t really know where Kraven went off too... because he`s not really around either..." He paused, musing for a moment. "Neither is Catherine. Dorthy is, though, so they might be coming back..." He himself was actually quite impressed with his own deduction skills!
He never would have been able to do this a month ago..! Independent thoughts were awesome!  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Chelsea Mercy
The Comeback Kid

Chelsea listened carefully to everything Buddi told her, nodding at appropriate times. So...Kraven, Catherine, Pugsy, and Ivy were all missing? They sure had a lot of work to do, if they were going to find all of their teammates...Kraven and Catherine were their teammates now, after all, right? They had been living with them for so long, they were almost like family at this point! After all, Vulture Team was like one big family...
"Well, let's see...Pugsy went to look for Kraven...Ivy went after Pugsy...and Catherine would probably be with Kraven...so, if we find Kraven, we'll probably find all of them!" Chelsea deduced, smiling. "Where do you think that Kraven might be...? Conqueror Town...? Or the slums, maybe...?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next