Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inner City // Carrion Land

+4
Akikazemoon
MochaLatte
The Hidden Spring
Not Manchee
8 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 4 Empty Re: Inner City // Carrion Land

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 4 Ryder73_zps5c4de318

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
-------------------------------------
“Do you really think that I’ll be giving up that easily? I don’t think so!”

Ryder looked down at the cover of papers, pausing for a moment before quietly reaching forward and adjusting one of the papers just slightly to better cover the mess on the floor. He looked at it for a moment more, before looking up at Jo, and after being quiet for just a few more seconds, he gave her an embarrassed grin and shrugged.
"Looks pretty legit to me."
He adjusted one of the papers one more time before looking to Jo again, his expression softening slightly, seeming a bit less embarrassed as he spoke again.
"Don't worry. I know that you're not a sex freak, Jo--you're not like that at all. You're just being--safe and stuff--"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Burn My Dread (Reincarnation)
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Emilia Melchiott

The Valkyur

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 4 IMG_000053

"Of course! And I'm glad that your alright! I hope we get a movie soon though... And that"

"Back."

"Oh... So soon Rosa? And you got lemonade." Emilia mentioned as she looked at the lemonade given to her. "Si I even got us some cookies... Not homemade, but they are good yes?" she mentioned and handed the bag of cookies over. "Hm... Where is Jo and the Ryder?" Rosa asked and Emilia thought about it. "I think... She went to get a movie? They've been gone for a while."

"... Think they're doing it?" Rosa suggested and Emilia thought about it. "Maybe... Better not disturb them..." Emilia mentioned as she perked her ears up.

"Justice, Peace, and Love must be protected! And I will stop at nothing to protect Law and ORDER! FOR JUSTICE! TO ARMS!"
[/quote]
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 4 Chelsea16_zps68d31df8

Chelsea Mercy
The Comeback Kid
"Just you wait! I'll show you that I can protect the people that I care about!"

"D-D-D-Doing it...?!" Chelsea exclaimed, her entire face turning bright red as the suggestion was made. Would Ryder even have the guts to do something like that? She had thought that he totally wasn't into that stuff...but they had been gone for a while, so...! "O-Oh my goodness, I'm going to be an aunt..." she whispered, holding a hand over her mouth in surprise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chelsea's Theme - Comeback Kid
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:51 am

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 4 Okrllytho_zps7ddbaf56

words that kill
would you speak them to me?
let the world fear us all, it`s just means to an end ↯

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Jo had recoiled slightly, looking away and pretending to be interested in a magazine laid idly on her pillow in the brief moments of silence that followed her shouting. She awaited more flustered answers to be exchanged between the two - or maybe some questions she didn`t really know how to answer - when Ryder spoke up again. She looked over at him curiously, watching in silence as he adjusted the papers she had thrown. Her sight flickered back up to him, the bright blush staining her face not really faltering.
... Honestly, he didn`t know the half of it. But she kept quiet, simply looking at her redheaded companion with a look that was a mixture of embarrassment and shock. ".. U-Uh..." She managed to choke out, her hands clasping together idly in her lap. "I-I mean, there`s nothing to be safe about, really! It was just -- like -- um -- a gift -- I-I can`t lie-- Uh, thanks..." Jo said, her voice lowering with every word she spoke, though she felt as if this was a point that had to be made to Ryder. Her head hung momentarily, a light huff of defeat escaping her.
She looked between Ryder`s feet and her poster for a moment, a sheepish smile on her features. "... S-Sorry for freaking out about the poster and all. I-I, um, my dad got it for me, so it`s kinda. Yeah."
Yeah, okay. Spill condoms all over your room and proceed to talk about your dad. So suave.
"I-- why did we come in here again?" Jo asked, finally looking Ryder in the eye for the first time in a while.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
❝ Jo`s Theme - A Stranger I Remain ❞
★☆﹙ l e t    t h e    p u n i s h m e n t    f i t    t h e    c r i m e ﹚
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:18 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

"A gift?" Ryder asked in surprise. People actually got gifts like that? That was new.
When Jo explained about how the poster was important to her, Ryder nodded, understanding fully. He knew that he treasured every little thing that he had left from his family--even though he really didn't have much of anything at all.
"Hey, don't worry about it! I wish that I could help you fix it somehow more than just tape, though..." He paused as Jo asked why they'd gone into the room in the first place, and realized that they had gotten so completely off track due to the rain of sex protection that they had completely forgotten their original reason for being there. "Oh--movies, right?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:42 am

words that kill

Jo`s blush only darkened at Ryder`s surprised reaction. She opened her mouth to say something, only to close it a minute later and feverishly nod her head. A gift. Yeah. That worked.
A warm smile tugged at her lips as he seemed to quickly understand why the poster had been of top priority - "I-It`s good... I mean, it is just a scratch.." She said, inspecting the damage as she did. It probably didn`t even need tape. She could have saved herself all that embarrassment. But, no, she insisted on putting tape on a scratch of glass. Jo`s expression further darkened as it occurred to her that they had been gone for quite a bit. They left Emilia all alone!
.. And they went to her room. Just the two of them. Oh, god. They had to get out before people started thinking things. "R-Right! I -- ugh--" She said, a tinge of disappointment present in her tone, more likely than not at the fact that her face was still the color of Ryder`s dorky hair. She looked around her room momentarily, eye landing on a shelf filled with DVDs. Multiple shelves. "... I -- ... I got it," It became apparent to her that she had asked for people`s help far too much for comfort in the past couple of hours. So, this one was her`s. She wheeled herself closer to the shelf, making futile attempts at stretching her arm to reach a certain copy from her seated position. She tried to make her struggle as non-evident as possible, but not really to any kind of avail. After only a few moments of that - she gave up, slumping into her wheelchair in silence.   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:22 am

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 4 Mizuki7_zpsfb206880

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
"All is fair in love and war..."
-----

Gabriel continued to eat in the silence, not really finding it awkward- he was just happy he was with Bravery. But then that question came up, and he froze a minute with the spoon halfway to his mouth. "I... um..." He slowly lowered the spoon back into the bowl and swirled the small amount of remaining soup around, thinking carefully. Because... well, he hadn't thought about it. And he didn't want to lie- Bravery didn't deserve that. "Well... I don't see why I wouldn't. I mean... my feelings won't change just because we're free. I'll still love you, Bravery," he explained after a moment, smiling gently. "I mean... just as long as you don't cheat on me or anything... I shouldn't have a problem..." That part was more of a mumble as he remembered why he'd been thrown in prison anyways.
When he remembered her.
He shook himself out of those thoughts quickly however, finishing up the bowl of soup with a few more bites going to Bravery. He couldn't think about that- it was the past, and Bravery was the current- and probably future as well. If everything worked out. Sighing softly, he set the bowl down nearby before turning to Bravery and wrapping his arms around him in a simple hug, burying his face in his hair and slowly inhaling his scent- it was relaxing, to him.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:27 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder watched Jo as she went over towards the shelf, kind of nudging the pile of papers and condoms and glasses and necklaces over towards the side of the room with his foot as he watched her, wanting to get the pile out of the way. As he saw her struggling to reach something, he walked over to her, giving her a sympathetic smile.
"Can I help? Which one do you want?"
He still remembered when he had been stuck in a wheelchair, all those weeks ago in Highend. He'd been attacked by a handicapped nun-man and almost forced to wear a bikini. So, he knew that being wheelchair-bound wasn't always so fun.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:58 am

words that kill

"I said I had it," Jo snapped defensively, shooting a half-lidded glare at her companion.
She made another attempt to reach for the DVD, making a pained grunt as she did, before slumping back into her chair again, defeated. After a moment of silence, she looked back up at Ryder, the remnants of her blush now taking the form of a light pink glow on her cheeks. She crossed her arms, mumbling a few inaudible things and subtly gesturing to five or six different copies adorning her shelves. Only two of which were James Bond related. You go, Jo.
She thought back to when Ryder was in a similar position. When her and Jack had tried to put him in a bikini to advertise for Vulture Team. She felt a tinge of guilt pile up in her stomach as she recalled this -- was this some passive aggressive method of payback? Jo sulked further, grumbling a few more possible threats under her breath.    

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 4 Bravery11_zpsfa4f36ed

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
"To see the people I care about free and happy...I'll fight until my very last breath."

"Why would I ever cheat on you? That wouldn't be a very heroic thing to do, now would it?" Bravery asked Gabriel as he hugged him back. Was that seriously where he'd sunken to now? Just sticking the word 'heroic' into random sentences to hope to keep up his image? He didn't even feel like a hero anymore at this point. He wanted to be a hero--he wanted to be a hero with all of his passion, but he knew that he'd never be one. He'd just be some regular guy. That was all. He couldn't help but let a sigh escape him over the thought of it, but quickly wished that he hadn't, as he knew that Gabriel was going to ask about it now.

Bravery's Theme - Declaration of War
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:07 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder's eyebrows rose a little bit in surprise at Jo's suddenly sour demeanor. She was upset now, wasn't she? Crap. He tried to figure out what he'd done wrong--things had seemed to be going mildly alright--even at the point when neither of them had really been able to talk because the condom thing happened.
Still, he reached for the movies that Jo had asked for, pulling them off the shelf one by one before holding the stack out to her.

"These, right? And--uh--sorry." When in doubt, apologize--even if he didn't know what he was apologizing for. He didn't know what he'd done to make Jo so upset all of a sudden, and he was feeling pretty guilty about it.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:36 pm

words that kill

Jo took the stack offered to her in two hands, placing it onto her lap and leaning forward to check all the titles from the sides of the DVDs. She gave a soft hum of acknowledgement as Ryder asked if these were the right ones, her expression softening slightly as he apologized shortly after. Aggravated at the feeling of helplessness or not, it wasn`t really a good excuse to lash out at him or anything...
Regardless, Jo found herself unable to relate this information to him, even if the clear guilt and confusion in his tone completely made her heart sink. "It`s.. uh, sorry," She muttered, realizing a moment later that without the context of her thoughts, that didn`t make a lot of sense. ".. About getting all annoyed, I mean. Let`s just -- uh -- never talk about anything that happened here. Ever." She offered him a sweet smile, trying to assure him that he wasn`t the problem without really saying it.    

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:39 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder nodded to Jo's suggestion--not talking about the condom rain incident ever again ever would probably be a good idea. He was never going to live this down.
"Should we head back...? People are probably wondering where we--" He cut himself off...realizing that he and Jo had been alone in Jo's room...for quite some time... "...Oh God they probably all think that we're doing it don't they--" He facepalmed, sighing, his face burning bright red as he turned away from Jo. "I--uh--I know that you wanna try to do things on your own--s-so you can wheel yourself back to the infirmary if you want--but if you need help, just ask me, alright...?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:12 am

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

Gabriel only hugged Bravery tighter, nodding a bit as he heard his response. He didn't really care his reasoning- as long as he promised to be faithful. Otherwise... well, he'd be a very unhappy camper. "... Hey." Pulling away just slightly, he shifted to kiss the tip of his nose, smiling gently- despite having heard the sigh. "Do you wanna go do something? ... Anything. You can pick, I don't mind... I've missed you..." he suggested gently, tilting his head slightly.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 am

words that kill

She looked down down as Ryder nodded -- somehow, in thirty years of life, that condom rain thing had taken the cup for her most embarrassing moment. It was sticking to the back of her mind ever persistently. Because there were condoms on her floor and she threw condoms at Ryder and Ryder knew she owned condoms and --
Jo`s face reddened slightly at Ryder`s realization. She kept her face down, pretending to inspect her movies in order to make her next remark all the more believable. "Well, that didn`t occur to me. Penny for your thoughts, Ryder?" She chirped, feet kicking lightly as she kept her sights on the stack before her with pseudo interest. Jo hummed at his suggestion -- she brought her arms down onto the wheels, giving them a soft tug to move herself along when the stack of movies on her lap began to falter, threatening to tip over. She hurried to catch them, holding them protectively against her before looking back up at Ryder. "... Ineedhelp."   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder seemed surprised for a moment, then gave Jo a good-natured smile, shaking his head slightly as he moved to the back of the wheelchair and pushed it out of the room, closing the door with his foot on their way out. He wasn't going to risk anyone looking into the door and seeing the mess on the floor. That would be...really awkward to explain.
He continued to push Jo's wheelchair down the hallway, briefly wondering which of the pile of movies they were going to end up watching. The walk down the hall was pretty quiet, and he tried to think of something to say to break the silence before it became awkward.

"So--uh--what's...up?" he asked lamely, unable to think of anything else to say. "I mean, besides the sky and the ceiling and all." He gave a small chuckle at his attempt at a joke before realizing how stupid of a joke it was, giving a small, quiet, awkward laugh as he continued to walk down the hall. This was going to end up like their prolonged, awkward weather conversation, wasn't it? Wonderful.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
"To see the people I care about free and happy...I'll fight until my very last breath."

Bravery took a moment to think about the suggestion. Exactly where could they even go? Nobody on the team was supposed to really be leaving the base at the moment, anyhow, what with how small the team had become recently.
"Hm...I-I mean, I'd like to go do something, yeah, but...what can we do here at the base? We're still recovering and all, after all..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:19 am

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

Gabriel hummed as he tried to think, tapping his fingers against his leg. "Well... I know you don't like alcohol... and really that just sounds terrible right now..." he mused, wiggling his nose a bit. "... Well I guess... we could... I mean..." suddenly, he seemed a bit unsure- but he continued anyways. "We could just... go back to the room and relax..." he suggested quietly, his eyes on the ground below his feet.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:34 am

Bravery Valentine
Liberator

"Hm...maybe..." Bravery said after a moment, thinking. "That could work, yeah...! What do you wanna do while we're there, Gabriel?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:01 am

words that kill

On their way out, Jo quickly snatched a tiny package of cigars off a dresser, placing that atop her stack of movies. It probably wasn`t in her best interest to start smoking again -- but, so long as the opportunity to do so presented itself, she would do it anyway. It was in her best interest mentally, though! That was what she told herself, at least. 
She had barely noticed the silence that had overtook her and Ryder as she was gently wheeled through the halls. Jo gave him occasional small glances out of admiration as they moved along, meanwhile investigating her cigars and making sure her lighter was stored not-so-stealthily inside. It was, and it was beautiful. Her eye flickered up towards him as he finally spoke, breaking the slight tension. She offered a small, girlish chuckle at his attempt at a joke -- if only to keep the conversation from taking too awkward of a start. "I -- uh -- nothing much, really.. been bedridden and all... I mean -- you`ve kind of been there all along..." She replied, her shoulders hunching somewhat involuntarily. Realizing a moment later how mean-spirited that could have been interpreted as, Jo opted for a change in subject. ".. Hey. So. You ever thought about, like... smoking, maybe? Like, occasionally. I for one think a cigar would look good on you." She said thoughtfully, tilting her head back to look Ryder in the face expectantly.  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder was glad that Jo had changed the subject--he'd never thought himself to be very good at starting conversations. He listened to her question, then paused for a moment. He thought back to the time that Jo had tried getting him into smoking, back in the bar with her and Jack, before he got totally drunk and tried to explain to Ivy how sex worked through pickles and condiments.
"I mean--I could give it another try. You already know how well I did with it last time," he gave a small embarrassed chuckle, remembering back to how he'd gone into a coughing fit and had tried to pass it off by trying to look all smooth about it. "But I mean, I bet that I would do better if I tried again, right?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

"... Care for a surprise?" he asked after a moment's thought, smiling at him cheerfully. Of course, he didn't admit that he wasn't sure what they'd do- he figured he could find something once they reached their room. Maybe they could play cards or something...

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:13 am

Bravery Valentine
Liberator

"A surprise? I like surprises!" Bravery grinned, looking excited now. Did Gabriel have a present for him?! He was so excited, he could barely wait! He put the soup bowl down, and then stood up. "Let's go! I wanna see the surprise!"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:26 am

words that kill

A smirk crept onto Jo`s features -- in all honesty, she didn`t think he could do it. But watching him fail again would probably be kind of funny. "It`ll help that you aren`t piss drunk this time. Yet, anyway." She commented offhandedly. She recalled the night at the bar with Ryder and Jack again -- the triumphant feeling as both her companions were thrown into coughing fits at either side of her while she enjoyed a small glass of scotch. They were some of her favorite memories, really, since they reminded her of much simpler times. That alongside with the night at Heaven Again with Emilia and Bunny, which was equally hilarious.
.. Except for maybe the drunken make out session with Emilia near the end. Jo wasn`t sure how to feel about that part.
"But, hey -- it`s super easy. You just inhale then exhale! Not rocket science or anything. I was probably.. your age when I started.." She mused, inspecting Ryder`s features and mentally comparing notes. ".. Yeah -- There was this one instructor in Paladin training that I had a sorta crush on -- he got me into it." Jo explained, a small fond smile tugging at her lips as she looked back down to her stack of movies. "You sure, though? No pressure or anything."
Yes, pressure. All the pressure.   

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:03 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

"Yeah, I bet that I could handle it," Ryder nodded in response to Jo's question. He actually felt like he was probably going to screw up his efforts again, but hey--he'd already built up a reputation as a dork--the least he could do was try to man up and try to smoke a bit! ...Right?
Either way, Jo seemed to enjoy the smoking--there'd be no harm in giving it another try, right?

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next