Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[New Gotham]- Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Empty [New Gotham]- Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium

Post  scullpanda Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:55 pm

In manhattan when you search the streets you can find a snug little bookstore named hell and high-water which if you walk in is filled with the goriest and most horrifying books and movies known to mankind its small and snug with chairs for reading and lamps to light your books its these touches that keep people coming back to this nest of horror, open all days except monday and 24 hours in between the store offers tea and cocoa for those people who just won't leave.
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Empty Re: [New Gotham]- Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium

Post  scullpanda Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:23 pm

⊰⊱⊰⊱[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Timoth11⊰⊱⊰⊱
[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Tumblr12
«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»«^»

⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱                                                   ⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱

Timothy had grown accustomed to staying up for hours on end never sleeping except for mondays it didn't do much to him because he was not human and those days he was awake he was feeding almost all day but he spent his days mostly in solitude which as he watched the nature of humans made him secretly lonely he sipped his cocoa and picked up a new edition of gores weekly when he heard the ting of his front door making him put down his magazine and look up. 

⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱                                                                                ⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Empty Re: [New Gotham]- Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium

Post  Emu Queen Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:20 am

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  02c19766-c19c-4b1c-bb0e-5d5e50ca015a_zps4l0a7vso

xxxx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Cooltext123001481248301_zpsztq7khgg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x a life of passion that pulls me from within xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a life that I am making to begin x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬【Rouge Polyp Princess】▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A forlorn sigh slid forth from Manny as she perused the isles of the tattered book store, expression seemingly hidden by the bulky and catlike motorcycle helmet upon her head. In this hubbub for horror enthusiasts and dorks of all shapes and sizes, she stood out- thankfully not in the way she usually did, for if one didn`t know better, they could very well assume her to be another human. The picking in this place was selective- she hadn`t ever any desire to read a book about human gore... their anatomy was so freaky- though, perhaps that would make it a more interesting read? It could be research, too... yeah...
She picked something off a shelf- and any hope she had for disguising herself further was dashed as a tentacle emerged from her back and casually opened the thing. She leaned forward, observing the pages as the tentacle flipped through them, before cringing at one particular page and practically throwing it back onto the shelf. "Gross..."   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I`m doing this my way.
Manny`s Theme - Black Blank Blah-Blah-Blah
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:35 am

Timothy saw something when he looked up that was rare in the world of human book and movie stores a woman wearing a helmet. He walked over to her feeling that the lack of fear and spike of disgust in her felt somehow strange to his tastebuds she tasted off somehow not human then it hit him she wasn't human any more then he was but what was an alien doing in a human horror store? She would soon find herself feeling less and less grossed out as he fed from the emotion but still he made it a point to greet all of his costumers "good day , what would a alien be doing in a human horror bookstore may I ask? these horrors are but a trifle to most aliens this is but a joke store yet you taste of disgust, may I ask what brought you here on this fine day" he knew this could be a rough neighborhood and he had , had some aliens try and extort him a few years back hopefully she was not trying to do the same.

⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱                                                                                ⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:55 pm

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  02c19766-c19c-4b1c-bb0e-5d5e50ca015a_zps4l0a7vso

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Cooltext123001481248301_zpsztq7khgg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x a life of passion that pulls me from within xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Manny`s shoulders eased down as she felt her disgust begin to abruptly wane down- but sensing the unnatural change she glanced around defensively, pretending to be more invested in the books than in her surroundings, when she was approached by a younger looking male. At a first glance, he appeared human- but as he stepped closer and she further observed him, she noted that he was definitely another immigrant just like herself. She tilted her head at his question, then pretended to hold her chin in her hand, sighing quietly. "Huh, I guess this disguise wasn`t as good as I thought..." She murmured, moving her 'head' up to 'look' at him squarely. "I like books. So I came to look at some books. I haven`t read a lot of... uh... 'horror'-- but a lot of it as to do with like... human-y... inside things... Human inside things are so nasty-- they`re basically fleshy juice boxes. It`s gonna take some getting used to..."  

I`m doing this my way.
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Timothy internally screamed a little he had just been rude to a customer oh gods "oh no I'm sorry to be rude its just you didn't taste human Im a Kaonite so we can taste negative emotions and well you didn't taste human so well I'm sorry if I offend you" he bowed slightly gods today was not going to be a good day then he listened to how she thought humans internal stuff was icky and he had to agree humans insides where very nasty although intreating as well. "yea  I have been here for some time and I'm still not used to them just yet although I found humans have a strange fascination with things that horrify them. If you need any suggestions Im over there at the counter" he walked away very embarrassed and went back to his counter.

scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:47 pm

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Fd97767f-cf7a-4b19-b1e1-96b5e5506dad_zpsyrporwxm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick overheard the man whom said that if that, cat, thing needed suggestions, to ask him over at his Counter. Nick was still not quite used to these Earthly things. He had Scrolls and such over at Necreo, but not big buildings filled with these books. He made his way over, feeling good in his Red-Head human disguise, and rose his hand a bit to get the gentleman's attention.
"'Scuse me, do you have any suggestions for a good, um... Books! Yes, books. I seem to not have quite a lot of knowledge of these, Books, but I like to assume that they are much like scrolls? Anyway, I need one for entertainment purposes and I was wondering if you would be so kind as to point me into the direction of one of interest."
Nick realized he babbled on a bit, and bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself. He stood and waited for an answer, to see if this man would indeed help him in finding an interesting book.

❝I don't want to face Him...
Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Timothy went bright red at the sight of the rose, this was a human romance practice he had read about it , he felt his face heat up none had ever tried wooing him before he almost missed what the man had to say "um yes books we sell those here" He got up and tripped over himself wooing took it toll on him it seemed.

scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:05 pm

[New Gotham]-  Manhattan//Hell and High-Water Book Emporium  Fd97767f-cf7a-4b19-b1e1-96b5e5506dad_zpsyrporwxm

Nick looked at the man with a confused expression. His face went an odd shade of red, was he an alien with color change abilities? He blinked a few times and quickly followed. He looked down at the Rose that he found at the entrance of the Book place, and thought it was too pretty to be letting it sit there. Was this the cause of the man's odd reaction? He looked up and saw the man trip a bit, and blinked once again.
"H-Hey sir, are you alright?? If the task of finding books is too great, you need not to worry..."
He quickly said, feeling kind of bad if the man hurt himself at Nick's expense.

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:14 pm

⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱                                                   ⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱

Timothy picked himself up and dusted himself off "No no its my job after all I sell books and movies but being wooed so abruptly with the human custom of a rose to a lover just caught me off guard " he motioned to a stack of books accidentally knocking them over "books ahh books yes here book" he picked up one of the dropped books and gave it to the man. 

⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱                                                                                ⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Nick took the book and looked at the man with an even more confused expression.
"Human Custom? Wooed? A Rose? I am not sure I follow... I am, ahem, not from Earth, so any human customs that might be a thing, I do not know of them..."
Nick looked down at the book, then back up to the man.
"I am afraid I do not know what this book is about. Mind telling me?"

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Timothy internally screamed again why would anyone try wooing him "I'm not human either but its ok if you went wooing me no one ever does, I'm not special or anything but this book is from the 1960's its about aliens on the moon and high schoolers, I mean ah not that its cheesy not scary um um" he was just off his game today.    
  ⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱                                                                                ⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:02 pm

"Kaonite--?" Manny echoed, tilting her head the opposite direction. She considered his words for a moment before speaking again, "Wait, you tasted me--? I`m-- not offended just confused-" She murmured, trying to observe him further- he looked fairly humanoid, but very obviously wasn`t. Confusing. "...Humans are, like-- what`s the word-- masochists, right? Weird guys..." She nodded as he returned to the counter and mentioned she could ask him for suggestions- he seemed pretty cool. She perused the books for a bit, glancing over her shoulder to see that the sales clerk was now talking to someone else- some human-y looking guy. She figured she could check back later- she liked to read, after all, and this place was probably good to start broadening her horizons. Manny backed away from the shelf, glancing over the selection once more before heading toward the door while waving over her shoulder once more to the clerk.

(EXT)    

I`m doing this my way.
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:07 pm

Nick puffed out his cheeks a bit, which started to turn a tint of red as this misunderstanding started to go a bit far. He gently placed the book down on the ground, so that he could use his hands while speaking.
"Sir, I was not trying to Woo you, I don't even know how to do such an act? To be quite honest, I don't even know what Wooing means!"
He protested a bit before sighing and placing a hand on the man's shoulder.
"Trust me, Sir, everyone is very special. Not one person is not special, so do not put yourself down like so. Pick yourself up, and say you are special!"

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:58 am

Timothy kept internally being embarrassed and a bit externally too "I'm not very good at the whole socializing thing as you can probably tell but hi I'm Timothy sir just sounds too formal" and as he picked himself up he mumbled that he was special making him go brighter red then before. 
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:07 am

Nick smiled a bit before returning his hand to his side.
"It's alright. I don't really talk to people much either, I just work and hang around my Apartments. Ah, my name is Nick by the way. I am a Necro, I just took a human form because it makes me feel like.. I fit in a bit here, on Earth, you know?"
Nick realized once again that he was mumbling on, so he covered his mouth a bit and smiled, lowering his hand.
"So, do you work here? Just sell these, ah, books to people?"
He asked as he gestured towards the whole inside of the book store.

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:42 am

Timothy smiled at Nick "My names Timothy an I'm a Kaonite....wait I already said my name" he felt like his head was going to melt down today had just been the most embarrassing day in all of his years on earth. "I came about ten years ago close to the first wave of immigrants and actually I own this bookstore It took me a few years to get the permitting but I needed something to you know. plus my species feeds on negative emotions and I found that humans have a strange obsession with being scared so, here I am" he spun around looking at his little store with a starry eyed look on his face, he really did love his store. 
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Nick chuckled a bit at the man. He seemed very... Energetic. Nick looked around the area a bit more, rubbing his chin lightly, before smiling at the man.
"You seem quite energetic. And, in a weird way, we're alike. You feed off of negative emotions, right? My species tends to scare others on the daily. Though, I've been here two years without scaring even a fly, Hehe.... ..... Do you ever feel... Lonely? In this big place, so far away from home? "
Nick asked as he looked at the man, honestly curious.

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Timothys smile faded as he thought seriously about the question at hand he did sometimes feel lonely watching the humans how they were creatures of socialization and him all alone in the corner with the people from his store who kept coming back "I do but the store makes things less lonely but watching people go in and out and have so many friends and family and significant others makes me wonder why people tell me humans and aliens are similar we seem so different form my world it gets looney if you know what I'm talking about take it from someone who has been here a bit more then 10 years watching them can make even the most strong willed loner and make them lonely." he gave nick a soft smile he hadn't talked really with another in a very long time.
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Nick smiled a bit abd rubbed the back of his neck.  
" Heh, I know what you mean. I'll see couples and friends walk through the music store very often... And growing up on my planet for about 1,700 years, you'd think you'd have at least one friend, right? How I was raised was very secluded... I didn't have anyone really. I can relate when it comes to loneliness. Heh, kinda weird talking to someone for this long. It's nice though, I guess it's nice to have a long, nice conversation after do many meaningless small ones. Hehe, sorry, I'm just babbling on... "
Nick said before looking away a bit.

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Timothy poured nick some cocoa "its nice actually I lived in solitude for over 2000 years and I find this is one of the first time I have ever really talked to someone you know you think owning your own store one would get lots of talking in but not really I know some of the customers here but they all think I'm human and don't want to be my friend they only come because when I feed on negative emotions people feel better they just come here to use me" Timothy smiled tiredly and took a sip of his cocoa.this was a better day then he had thought it would be talking to nick had tuned out to be nicer then he thought it would be and his embarrassment seemed to had subsided making him more comfortable, this was nice. 
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Nick looked at the cocoa abd smiled a bit, nodding in thanks. He took a light sip of the cocoa and listened to Timothy. Nick looked down a bit before looking up with an idea and a smile.   
" That sounds pretty rough but... What if we become, err, friends? I mean, we just met but... We could hang out or something. I have some stories that make me feel bad, and maybe you can take that energy if you need it? I dunno, just something to consider..."
He Then sipped on his cocoa some more.

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:11 am

Timothy looked up in surprise no one had ever suggested something like that before it was the nicest thing anyone had ever said for a brief while he was shocked speechless  until he managed to squeak out a very embarrassing yes which cracked like a teenage boys voice and an even more embarrassing statement  "I would like that although I don't want you to feel bad on my accord I feed plenty in the store so I should be fine"  He started to blush again none had ever purposed feeding on them voluntarily before it seemed so intimate while he thought about the he became once agin a deep shade of red and felt like his head would explode from embarrassment  He looked at his cocoa then at nick "I have mondays off if you want to come back and watch a movie or something"  he gave nick a small embarrassed smile before drinking more cocoa.
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Your Sweet Dreams Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 am

Nick smiled a bit and nodded lightly to Timothy saying Nick doesn't need to feel bad for him. He then heard he had Mondays off, making Timothy smile widely. He held his cup tightly and looked down a bit. Was this actually going to happen? It seemed wIth each passing day, his whole life became a little more... Normal. Nick just kind of smiled at his cocoa for awhile befOre realizing what he was doing, and cleared his throat while blushing a bit.  
"That sounds like a fantastic idea! Um, until then, I'm off of work for awhile... I can hang around here if you'd like? "

Your Sweet Dreams
Your Sweet Dreams
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  scullpanda Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:30 am

Timothy nodded in affirmation "that would be nice" Timothy smiled then looked more at Nick re-realizing that nick was wearing a disguise "if you don't mind me asking is it uncomfortable wearing a disguise? I mean I'm not judging you I'm just curious"  He realized he had just asked such a personal question to a man who he had barely met and went red again, his race could look like kangaroos for all he knew, he had not quite memorized what each species looked like yet and to his embarrassment he didn't know what a Necro was or what they looked like. 
scullpanda
scullpanda
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next