Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria

+4
Raven Todd
Skylark-13
Akikazemoon
MochaLatte
8 posters

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Empty Re: Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria

Post  MercutianUnknown Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Drifblim_by_iddle_diddle-d3877wy
Edvard Baskerville
The Purple Undertaker

Edvard milled through the crowd talking, bowing, offering balloons... he got to the back door and looked out seeing Blaze and Celeste... He ran over to Blaze and began helping push the stage inside... Master Blaze, Mistress Celeste I saw everyone needed some time and a good distraction from what was going on, so I provided one... Everyone's caught up in talk, I called it a preempt to the entertainment so they shouldn't be expecting the actual performance for some time now... A preempt at these kind of events usually has a break before the actual entertainment... I figured you could use the time to get ready... They got the stage inside... not many people noticed them bring it in, everyone was still conversing amongst the crowd... He bowed to Blaze and Celeste... If either of you need me I'll be amongst the crowd... and be a little wary tonight, there may be a scoff between some of the politicians tonight.
He made his way back into the crowd with a wave, slowly making his way around to where Mikhail put the balloons... He looked over to the young duke and then to River... So that was what it was, Edvard thought Mikhail was worried about looking like a fool in front of the other Jiveland nobles but Edvard saw them clap with everyone else... Of course most if not all of them were incredibly critical of the man...Well Mikhail seeming to remind the politicians of Jiveland's existence at an event like this would probably help him... Places like Jiveland, of such mixed cultures and leaders with passive and kind personalities were usually forgotten by other nations at big events like this so the other nobles probably liked Mikhail stepping up and getting the country some attention.

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Empty Re: Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria

Post  MercutianUnknown Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Tumblr_ljxktaleM81qzizv5o1_500
Xavier
The Crow Prince of Veloci

Xavier phased through the shadows and darkness in a corner of the room where Arcadia stayed at... He walked in behind Arcadia speaking abruptly... So how goes your stay... Heiress?... Are you ready to make an appearance?... He smirked with confidence that far spanned beyond arrogance.

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Screenshot2013-12-27at121825AM_zps91870fae
River

Grind

River's Theme- Bullet Dance
^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

It was around this time River had no idea what to do. Yes, this was her first time at a formal like this. Yes, she was nervous. And finally, yes, she was sorry about disturbing the young noble. After the whole, defending the princess, fiasco, she was sure they were gonna execute her because of what she did. But of course, that didn't happen. Desdemona treated her wounds and Mikhail...talked to her like nothing happened. He didn't care about the past, but the present. She was surprised, and taken aback honestly, that he would even consider her a person. She wanted nothing more then to return that favor, make him feel like he had a place among the common folk, and keep him close. It was stupid...but she enjoyed his company...she enjoyed Edvard and Desdemona, and hopefully the others too...but he was special. In a stupid, asinine way...she liked him. A lot. Sort of...kind of. The only problem to her was that she barely knew him as a person...but somehow that made it even stronger. She wanted to learn more, wanted to know about him and his culture, wanted to learn. Veloci wasn't exactly culture central. These thoughts swirled in her head a bit, until she came to terms with it. However, in such a large crowd, telling him this would be...unwise. She closed her eyes, and vowed that one day when she had the courage, she would say something. One day...hopefully...when she wasn't such a torchic shit.
"This is gonna be bad, isn't it?" she asked herself, now getting back to the matter at hand, the party. She didn't see Veloci soldiers...but she knew better. She stayed right where she was, vigilant and ready.

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 NinetalesGijinkaSsmall

Heiress of Honeria?

Arcadia was hiding in her room, sitting on the bed and sort of...curled up. She heard Xavier and gasped a bit, before calming herself.
"Oh...hi Xavier...yeah, I'm ready...I was waiting for...you..." she got up, the girl was a little short, but her posture was good and she was dressed well. "Do I...look okay? I mean, I don't want to...make you angry..." her body was shaking only a little, the cause was certainly unknown.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MercutianUnknown Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Tumblr_ljxktaleM81qzizv5o1_500
Xavier

Xavier smiled at her almost in a creepy kind of way... it wasn't intentional it was just the way he looked smiling... Well then I guess it's time for us to make our way down... You look just fine dear... Oh if you do your job right just the way I told you to I promise not to be angry with you... Don't worry about a thing I have everything under control... He spoke the whole time with a smirk talking down to her like a sad little child he had to punish often and patted her on the head like a little dog... He opened the door for her gesturing to follow him downstairs to the party... He heard a round of applause and thought to himself "Well well well, sounds like they're here."

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 NinetalesGijinkaSsmall

Heiress of Honeria?

Arcadia nodded.
"I know...I'll b-be okay..." she said. When she was pet, she smiled at him, and followed him out. She was nervous, she body still shaking, but she knew she would be okay if Xavier was happy. She smiled and stayed close to him.

[/quote]
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Houndoom_zpsd88999d3

Blaze Xeno
Young Performer
-------------------------------------
"Hey there! You here to see the show? Step right up, let's get started!"

"Alright...we'll be ready, then," Blaze nodded to Edvard as the man left. The stage was in position, and Blaze put down the brakes on the wheels so that it couldn't go rolling off anywhere now that it was in position. He looked to Celeste, drawing a bit closer to her and frowning in worry. "I really hope that a fight doesn't break out...not with all of these civilians here...but man, I've just got the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach...like something terrible is gonna happen..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blaze's Theme - Blue Everywhere
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  MercutianUnknown Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Xavier

Xavier with one hand on the rapier sheathed at his belt strolled into the entrance of the party room and stood at the entrance... A man came forth to announce his entrance... His Highness and Heir to The Velocian Throne, Prince Xavier... Xavier looked around the room and spotted several people, including Tatania and Christina... he caught Tatania's eye and winked at her with a smile then moved to the side for Arcadia's entrance.

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Heiress of Honeria?

Arcadia followed after him, waving at everyone as she did. There was a round of applause.

"Ladies and gentleman! The new Heiress of Honeria, Arcadia Everglot!"

Arcadia nodded and waved, standing next to Xavier. "Thank you everyone!" she said over the applause. Just like they practice, over and over. She looked absolutely natural.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:44 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Sylveon_zps4809b45f

Mikhail Aldridge
Duke Aldridge of Jiveland
"Whether I am believed in or not, I shall work for the happiness of my people with every fiber in my body...!"

Mikhail heard the man announcing Xavier's entrance, and looked up at the prince as he entered. Mikhail was...visibly scowling at the prince, without even realizing it. His parents had disappeared when they had entered into Veloci...and what with Veloci's sudden attack on Honeria, Mikhail highly doubted that they had just gotten into an accident as it had been covered up as. He saw the prince wink at somebody in the crowd--though he couldn't tell who. He could tell that this guy was trouble...and he wanted to be near Tatania so he could protect her, but...he was almost afraid to go into the crowd. His scowl melted into a troubled expression again as he looked away from the prince and down at the floor. This was his first big social event outside of Jiveland. And he was afraid to...well...do much of anything, honestly. He knew that anything he did reflected back upon his country...and he didn't know what to do. He didn't want to get anyone he'd met that day wrapped up in his own personal problems either...so, in that moment, he just...felt really alone.
And then Arcadia happened.
Mikhail looked back up at the entrance in shock--a new Heiress? What was that supposed to mean--? The princess was still...alive...
He wracked his brain for things this could indicate--trying to remember the political power of an heiress--trying to think of how Veloci had organized things since they had attacked...but he was panicking, so he couldn't think of a single thing. He could feel himself starting to sweat, and quickly took out his hankerchief, dabbing at the perspiration forming on his forehead. This wasn't going to go well, he could tell...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mikhail's Theme - To My Love
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Umbreon_zps7242ea42

Celeste Hawkins
Fortune Teller
-------------------------
"Shall I read your fortune for you? The sands of time are constantly changing yet I can try to peer past the haze... for a price."

Celeste followed along after Blaze with a slight bit of anxiety growing in her body. Being in front of so many people was going to be difficult... yet she knew that most of the attention would be on Blaze. She herself was there just for back up... Once they finally made it into the room, she smiled slightly to Blaze- before she frowned a bit at his words. Was he really that nervous...? "I think it'll be fine, Blaze... I mean- ... oh...?" In the midst of saying something else, the young woman shut up and turned to look as more nobles were announced- frowning slightly, when she heard word of Honeria. What... was going on here...?

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Houndoom_zpsd88999d3

Blaze Xeno
Young Performer
"Hey there! You here to see the show? Step right up, let's get started!"

Blaze climbed up onto his stage, beginning to get himself ready, and looked to Celeste, listening to her as she was speaking. But, when she suddenly cut off as the nobles were entering, he looked up at the entrance as well--and froze when he heard what was said.
"...A new...Heiress...?" Blaze murmured to himself as he stared up at Arcadia and Xavier in shock from where he stood on his stage. Were they...trying to take Honeria away from Princess Tatania--? Being a citizen of Honeria himself, Blaze felt his blood boil at the prospect of Veloci trying to manipulate them further--but, he didn't say anything, simply put on a big smile and clapped along with everyone else. He was just a simple performer. He knew that he couldn't interfere in things like that, nor did he know much of politics to begin with. He was just a commoner...and he knew that if he said anything, he'd probably be just jailed--or worse.

Blaze's Theme - Blue Everywhere
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  MercutianUnknown Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 am

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Drifblim_by_iddle_diddle-d3877wy
Edvard Baskerville
The Purple Undertaker

Edvard turned towards the sound of Xavier's name with a blank expression... So he finally decided to show up... No doubt to mess with Lady Tatania... Edvard didn't let Xavier see but he narrowed his eyes scanning the young man... But then he heard Arcadia's introduction and Edvard's eyes grew wide starring at her... Who was this woman... Her coloring was odd and exotic and from her features he couldn't tell if she was some unknown child of a small nobility or what but... Edvard looked back at Xavier who had a neutral expression, was he hiding his emotions, or did he know about her existence already, wait there was a glint of something in his eyes... Edvard knew that look, he had had that look in his eye before when he killed the thugs who ruined his shop 8 years ago... Edvard had been on the political scene since Tatania left Honeria and he had heard nothing of this woman... For some reason he felt an intense anger for what was going on, this wasn't right... He looked at Xavier he was going to have words with this "Prince"... He looked over to Tatania he could see her even though the crowd was standing and applauding, she was NOT happy... He approached the front of the crowd with a balloon and bowed to Xavier... Good evening your highness, what a unique opportunity to meet you... I'm Edvard Baskerville, I'm so sorry you missed my performance just a moment ago... Balloon? they're the hit of the ball right now... He offered Xavier one of the two Balloons... He needed some excuse to be there, whatever was going on he wanted to be there should Tatania need him.

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:23 am

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 DesdemonaBall_zps5ecc75ef
Doctor Desdemona Night
Desdemona looked up with a curious expression as the prince of Veloci was announced. So this was the noble who wanted her research. She glared at him for a moment as she protectively thought of someone like this little prince getting his hands on her work. She didn't like his aura. She clapped lightly along with everyone else but she couldn't help but feel the fact that he was here was an ill omen even in itself.
This feeling worsened when Arcadia appeared. She felt an eyebrow raise at the woman's introduction. New heiress to Honoria? That was an interesting move.
Tatania hadn't been pronounced dead so there wasn't a set precedent for this. So this was how Veloci was going to keep a hold over Honoria. She had no doubt the little prince had complete control over this woman. She did wonder what his intentions were for Tatania then, if not to establish political control through her. Desdemona clapped for the woman and stepped closer to where Tatania and Christina were, not where the prince could see her but where the girls could. She couldn't shake the feeling this ball was very quickly going to turn into a blood bath.  
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am

Christina Vorpal and Tatania Everglot
The Spazzy Knight and the Princess of Honeria

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Tumblr_mqeuv3tetH1r7uuvjo1_1280

Christina saw the new look of River, and Desdemona. "Oh wow cool! Everyone is here Tatania!" Christina said as Tatania looked over at the people from the group. "So they finally show up..." Tatania said as she waved over to them. Christina went over to Desdemona and was about to speak to her until she saw Xavier wink at Tatania. Tatania was holding a glass of wine, and she narrowed her eyes at him before doing a little curtsey out of being polite. Then her glass of wine slipped out her hands when she heard Arcadia. "What..."

Christina looked back and looked between Desdemona and Tatania. "Uh-oh..."

"What..." Tatania felt her world shake. 'Oh no she didn't...' she thought before she stepped over the spilled wine, and began her march right over to Arcadia. "Tatania noooooooo..." Christina said as Tatania stopped right in front of Arcadia. "So... Your the NEW princess of Honeria?" She said in an almost chipper voice, but she was far from happy. There was going to blood tonight, and it wasn't going to be mistaken for wine.

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Meowstic
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 am

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Screenshot2013-12-27at121825AM_zps91870fae
River

Grind

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

River got up as soon as Arcadia introduced herself, glaring. She gave an even worse glare to the prince of Veloci. She knew him. She knew he would do something, but not this low. She was angry now, but it turned to worry as the princess spoke up. This was bad.

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

Heiress of Honeria?

Arcadia shook her head at the princesses question.
"No no, not princess, Heiress, meaning I rule Honeria, since you stepped down, and your parents are dead." she said sort of bluntly. "I am the child of your uncle, whom was sort of a branch family, and I'm here to fix what you broke...so..." she looked at Xavier. "Prince Xavier, on behalf of the royal family Everglot, I pronounce an alliance between our lands. Veloci and Honeria together." she said with a big smile. She was doing everything right! Xavier would be so proud!

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:53 am

Mr. White

The Man Without a Home

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 MrWhite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Man named Mr. White then appeared in the midst of the crowd. He was a strange looking fellow and he looked to be looking for someone. The little scene between Tatania and Arcadia though he had to see. It looked like something bad was about to go down. And for a something bad to happen on a party like this? Heaven's this was bad! There has to be something done!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:56 am

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Sylveon_zps4809b45f

Mikhail Aldridge
"Whether I am believed in or not, I shall work for the happiness of my people with every fiber in my body...!"

Mikhail put his hankerchief away, frowning as he saw Tatania drop her wine, the glass shattering upon the floor, before the princess marched up to the so-called heiress. No, this wasn't going well at all. What was he supposed to do? Approach? Stay back? Was he even qualified to approach them? He was just a duke, not a prince--did he even have the status to do such a thing? What would the other Jiveland nobles say if he associated with them? Would he be accused of conspirating? But if he stayed back, would he be blamed for not making any country-to-country relations?
He felt his breathing become irregular as worse and worse scenarios ran through his mind--and he honestly felt like just hiding in the bathroom and crying. This sucked.
Still...he took a moment to take some deep breaths...composing himself...then, trying his best to keep up a calm appearance, he walked over to Tatania, Arcadia, and Xavier, hoping to join in on the conversation, giving them a bow.

"A-Ah...hello there...it's...an honor to meet you all..." he said meekly, trailing off as he saw the look that Tatania was giving Arcadia. Oh. Maybe now hadn't been the best time to just walk over--great--

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:02 am

Christina Vorpal and Tatania Everglot
The Spazzy Knight and the Princess of Honeria

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Tumblr_mqeuv3tetH1r7uuvjo1_1280

"Step... Step down... Uncle... What... I didn't do such a thing nor did I know that you existed!" Tatania stated, and her eyes narrowed down even further when she proclaimed an alliance with Veloci!? NO! NO! "NO!" she yelled as she clenched her fists together. "You are not to do such a thing! Where is the rite!? I want to see your birthright!" Tatania said and she wasn't talking about any old Birth certificate either. All Everglots had something with the symbol of the family on it. Tatania was her staff. Her brother's was a ring and her mother's was a necklace. Christina walked over as well with the duke to make him feel not alone. "Tatania..." Christina said as she held Tatania back. Even Arcadia could sense that the woman wanted to RIP her apart.

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 Meowstic
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  PumpkinCrew Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 am

-

Last edited by PumpkinCrew on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PumpkinCrew
Cabbage Overlord
Cabbage Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  MercutianUnknown Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:40 am

Xavier

Xavier looked over at Tatania with a concerned look, then saw Edvard... He looked at the polite commoner... He looked at the Balloon and waved the man back... I'm sure they are... Xavier thought there was something familiar about the purple man... ah what could it be really he was just some commoner... He turned to Tatania and Beatrice... Tatania please listen to Miss Beatrice... You are right M'lady there should be no scheming here this is a night of frivolity... However... None of what Arcadia and I have done is trickery or scheming in any manner, we spoke upstairs just moments ago and made sure to finish our business there before coming down to your party... We have decided to join our nations in unity for the future of our peoples... Arcadia is the current heir, when you fled the country after your parents' deaths Tatania you left the seat open for someone to take and with out a closer willing member to the Honerian Blood-line Arcadia stepped up, to the other nobles it was obvious that you had abandoned your country to save your own life... And now Arcadia holds power and rites to the throne in Honeria, and the respect and servitude of every noble in your family's court... Here Arcadia show them your signet. Xavier had the bracelet taken from the Everglot catacombs from one of Tatania's distant ancestors who had been forgotten and there were not portraits or records of other than her name and dates she lived between the stone was an actual legitimate Everglot signet, pulished and shined on Arcadia's wrist.

MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 am

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 DesdemonaBall_zps5ecc75ef
Doctor Desdemona Night
Desdemona stayed several inches behind but moved within a close enough distance where her presence could be comforting to Christina and Tatania without catching Xavier's eye. She watched the proceedings with a mix of dread and fascination. The princeling had organized things to sway in his favor near perfectly.
They were purposefully baiting Tatania's pride and they had managed through some means to make this new heiresses claim sound as if it had solid grounds for coming into play. She dearly hoped her research didn't fall into this boys hands. She could understand why Seras enjoyed working for Veloci. She always had been drawn to strong personalities.
Desdemona returned her gaze to the scene in front of her, knowing logically it wasn't her place to intervene in a discussion nobles but unnoticeably ready to act if needed.
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:11 am

River

Grind

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

River's fists tightened. She couldn't believe this! She...this...River's mind was racing, she wanted to kill Xavier right now, but she couldn't! She couldn't do it now, not here...maybe when he slept she would but...now wasn't the time. As the party continued and the dancing started, River punched the table she was at hard, not cracking it, but just...punching it. She let out a sigh, and sat down again, watching as the party started to pick up. She looked at Mikhail, hoping he was okay, but she couldn't help but glance back at Xavier.
"That rat..." she thought. "I can't...believe he would stoop so low..." she continued to sit alone and watch the party unfold.

^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

Heiress of Honeria?

Arcadia nodded. She showed the bracelet on her wrist to Tatania.
"Here...see?" she said, smiling and kind of admiring how pretty it was "Uncle gave it to me before he went away. He said to always wear it, and I do..." she looked at Xavier with a kind, sort of innocent smile. "Anyway, I think Beatrice is right. Let's be merry, in honor of the new alliance, and the peace between nations!" she said with a smile and a wave, before retreating to talk to Xavier. She gave him a smile, hoping for some sort of approval. Just like they practiced....

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 am

Mikhail Aldridge

Mikhail hesitated after he'd spoken to the group of royalty, wringing his hands together as he waited for a response...and got none. Not even a glance his way, even though he was standing right next to them, and had spoken to them. Then again...he'd expected this. Or at least, he knew that he should have. He wasn't a prince, or anything close to it. He was just a failure of a duke that was floundering around, only bound to fail. What if the leaders of the other nations were just laughing at him on the inside? What if he'd just sent Jiveland's reputation down the drain, just by saying hello...?! Desperately forcing back tears, he quickly turned from the group of royals, beginning to walk away.
"Please excuse me..." he said quickly and quietly, moving away from the others with hurried steps. He couldn't do this. He wasn't his Father. He wasn't cut out for politics. He hated this. He hated having been shoved into this position. He hated not having parents anymore. He hated this political situation. He hated all of it. And here he'd thought that he'd actually be able to do good in the future--what good could he possibly do if he couldn't even talk to people in public? He felt like such a loser...like he couldn't do anything right at all. In this moment, he kind of just wanted to disappear...
So, he did. He quickly moved across the ballroom, then went through a door to outside, onto a balcony, closing the door again behind himself. He walked to the edge of the balcony, looking out at the night sky, and putting his elbows down onto the railing. He looked out at the sky for a moment...then put his head into his hands.

"Mother...Father...I can't do this without you...why did you have to go...?" he whispered, voice choked by oncoming tears that he was fighting to hold back. He felt pathetic. He knew that dukes were supposed to be made of tougher stuff than this, but he couldn't take it anymore. The degredation, the being ignored or looked down upon by everyone important who he was supposed to talk to--he just couldn't do it. He actually began to contemplate the merits of leaping off the balcony...but he chickened out of that one within seconds, so that didn't mean a thing. He simply stood there on the balcony, wishing that he could do something right, for once in his life...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 am

Book 1 Metal: The Warrior Without a Kingdom Naala and Honeria - Page 22 1_zpse0765c77

Mysterious Girl
*???*
"Dresses aren't usually my style... but I have to say- I see the allure to wearing them... Not that I'll ever change my ways, of course!"

Not long after Mikhail fled to the balcony, quiet footsteps could be heard slowly approaching him. And... a moment later, a gentle hand laid itself upon his shoulder. When he looked up, he would see a somewhat young looking girl- yet on that girl's face was a kind, reassuring smile. "Now, now... Your Grace, I really must insist that you simply don't give yourself enough credit...!" Pulling back slightly, she dipped into a low curtsy, her head bowed respectfully- before looking up, and this time, there was a playful look in her eyes. "I really don't like seeing you in such a state, Mikhail...!~"

Last edited by Skylark-13 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 am

Mikhail Aldridge

As Mikhail felt the hand on his shoulder and heard a voice next to him, he quickly stood up straight, wiping away the stray tears that had managed to squeeze their way out of his eyes in his surprise. He looked upon the girl in front of him with surprise, almost forgetting to reply, he was so shocked.
"R...Rowan...? I haven't...seen you in so long..." He actually managed a little bit of a smile, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. Finally, someone he knew he could be casual around, without needing to worry. And as long as they were on the balcony, he didn't need to worry about anyone seeing them talking. "I thought that I'd never see you again...what brings you here...?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next