Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inner City // Carrion Land

+4
Akikazemoon
MochaLatte
The Hidden Spring
Not Manchee
8 posters

Page 37 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 Empty Re: Inner City // Carrion Land

Post  dbzhardcore Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:56 am

Isaac Harvey
Blondy

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 Tumblr_ms2zsusuez1rvhrn0o1_r1_1280

Isaac stood there as he waited for an answer before hearing gun shot noises go off. What was going on now? Were the others ok? He couldn't stand there any longer. Isaac gave Buddi a nod as he went off to where the noise was coming from. He saw someone up ahead. Just who was it? It was Bravery. Isaac remembered now. It was that guy who forced him to train when he wasn't feeling now. Well he would have to pout later as he came up to the man. "Hi there Bravery. Just whats going on?"

"I will use my cards to protect everyone!"
dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 Gabriel8_zps3d436566

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
"All is fair in love and war..."
-----

"Thanks..." Gabriel mumbled as Bravery pushed him out, though he remained fairly quiet as they approached the sounds of a fight, waiting anxiously to see what was going on. Was someone hurt already...? It wouldn't surprise him- ... oh. He frowned in confusion as he watched the two, his eyes narrowing as he examined the pair. Something was off. Jo was dressed oddly- and hell, she had another eye. She had a gun pointed at Ryder...? Either this woman was an imposter or something had gone terribly wrong with her. "What the fuck does it looks like is happening? Bravery, don't just stand there- help Ryder," Gabriel snapped, though his voice was much gentler with Bravery than with Isaac. He didn't know what was going on, but Jo looked much more strange at the moment than Ryder- and that just didn't sit well. Obviously there was something going on they didn't know- and their loyalty was with Vulture. Not the stranger who looked like their leader.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 __okay_zps011a923b

osephine eaumont
THE LAW OF BLACK DRAGON  

presuming all things are equal
who would want to be men of the people
when there`s people like you?

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

______________________________________________________________________________________

Jo watched Ryder carefully at first, feeling her own wrath bubble forward at his hesitance-- the same hesitance that made his sudden swift movement so unpredictable. His bat connected firmly with her still outstretched arm, causing her to yelp in pain, and for her revolver to be sent flying out of her untightened grasp and skidding across the metallic floors of Carrion Land. She paused, watching the firearm with sad eyes for a moment.
Not that she didn`t have a whole bundle of Paladin technology stored on her person, but... she really liked her revolver...
His previous tentativeness had actually irked her, although the sudden move had at least proved that he knew that she meant business. Could have done without the apology though. "Man up, will ya?!" She barked, recoiling her fist and bringing it back toward Ryder`s face-- which, probably was not the best idea, considering he was armed with a bat and she was kind of... not. And, of course- she was loaded with Paladin technology- enough to blow up Carrion Land entirely in a few steps if she desired. But, that didn`t seem too apparent to her-- she just sort of really wanted to beat up Ryder. With her fists. So much so that she didn`t even seem to notice Bravery, Gabriel, and Isaac gawking at her from a distance---all her attention was on the redhead in front of her, ever attentively.    

______________________________________________________________________________________
The Law`s theme - Condemnation Wings
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 Ryder103_zps6770337c

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
-------------------------------------
“I'm going to wipe every last speck of that man off of this planet...I won't let him hurt anyone else...!”

Ryder flinched slightly as he heard Jo shout, holding up his bat to block the punch as somebody would bunt a baseball being pitched to them, holding it horizontally for a moment. He knew that that must've hurt--it was a metal bat, after all...
"D-Don't move...!" came a sudden shout from across the room, as it became apparent that Bravery had scrambled across the room, grabbing up Jo's revolver. He now had it leveled at Jo, with a determined look on his face--a look that was quickly replaced by guilt as another shout split the air:
"You're pointing a gun at her now...?! What, are you nuts?!  You can't shoot your leader...!" Ryder almost took this as a betrayal. Was it really so easy to pull a gun on someone you cared about...? Was it really that simple...?! "All of you--stand down!" he called to the other Vultures, then turning his attention back to Jo. "Don't any of you dare attack her...!" Wasn't that what he was doing right now, though? Attacking her? The sheer hypocrisy of it all jabbed into his stomach like a cold knife, but it didn't matter. He would handle this alone. He didn't care what happened to him--he was getting Jo back, without seriously hurting her.
"But...!" Bravery tried to protest, only to be suddenly cut off.
"I said, stand DOWN! I'm the second-in-command here, and I'm not letting people walk all over me! So, stand the hell DOWN!" Ryder snapped, his nerves frayed enough as it was. Elliot and Emilia had already directly disobeyed his orders earlier--he didn't need anyone else doing it, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryder's Theme - Thousand Suns

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 Bravery11_zpsfa4f36ed

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
"To see the people I care about free and happy...I'll fight until my very last breath."
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

Gabriel watched carefully as Bravery snuck off and picked up the gun, holding his breath and watching the exchange before frowning firmly in Ryder's direction. What was he thinking? Couldn't he who had been so close to Jo before tell that something was seriously wrong? Or perhaps... he could understand, that love would be clouding his judgement. He cared for Jo, but... this wasn't Jo. Not like this, not how they knew her. So... in an attempt to try and help, since he wasn't sure how else to really do it, and he didn't want to throw explosives- he rolled himself forward quietly, but quickly, sneaking up behind Ryder- before flinging himself from his wheelchair, tackling his legs and trying to immobilize him. "I'm sorry but you're not thinking straight...! Bravery, try not to hurt her too bad but don't be afraid to defend everyone," he yelped, squirming and struggling to get a firm hold.
He so was going to get his ass kicked for this.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball
“I'm going to wipe every last speck of that man off of this planet...I won't let him hurt anyone else...!”

Ryder had been preparing himself for Jo's next attack--but in that next moment, he felt his legs being tackled, and he toppled over to the ground. He twisted himself around a bit to get a good view of Gabriel, his icy eyes wide with shock.
"Wh--" he stuttered once, staring at Gabriel for a moment before he violently began to struggle against him, kicking and shoving at Gabriel, trying to push him off. "M...MUTINY! So you're a traitor, too, huh?! First Emilia and Elliot wouldn't listen to a thing I say, now you...?! Ivy and Chelsea are outright GONE, Pugsy is with Worm, Jo doesn't remember SHIT, and now you're all turning on me...?! Why is this happening?! WHY?! Get off of me--! Get the FUCK off--!" Ryder's struggles only became more violent as his voice hitched up in franticness--and it seemed that if he managed to get himself turned around enough, it wouldn't be beyond him to use that bat that he had clutched in a white-knuckled grip in his right hand.
Bravery gave Gabriel a seriously worried look, wishing that he could go help him instead--but he had a different job. He looked to Jo, keeping the gun leveled at her and steeling himself, swallowing his guilt down to the pit of his stomach.
"I...I'm really sorry about this, Jo, but...just...try to remember...o-or...or else...I...can't guarantee that I won't shoot..."
"FUCK YOU!" Ryder roared as he heard Bravery's threat. "Don't you FUCKING DARE--!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
"To see the people I care about free and happy...I'll fight until my very last breath."
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:34 pm

osephine eaumont
THE LAW OF BLACK DRAGON  

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

Alright, so-- a lot of things were happening--and Jo was honestly just really confused. Her fist did connect pretty firmly with Ryder`s bat, however, which sent a pretty intense wave of pain through her bones. And  in the aftermath- she acknowledged what a dumb move that was. Even after that acknowledgement, she carelessly raised her leg, ready to kick at him-- when she suddenly felt the pressure of other eyes in the room on her. She paused, her attack faltering, glancing over to where Bravery stood, her jaw nearly hitting the ground as she noted what he had in his hands--"Hey! My revolver! Fuck! Give it back--!!" Well, he probably wasn`t gonna do that. She furrowed her brows, genuinely disgruntled-- until Ryder started yelling at them. She stared at him, dumbfounded in the slightest. Her gaze flickered between him, Bravery, Gabriel, then him again, then Bravery, then Gabriel-- before settling on Gabriel, who tossed himself out a wheelchair and at Ryder. And--wow--things were getting intense around here---

What--who was leader---what was even--
Jo glanced up from Ryder and Gabriel, back over to Bravery as the bluenette spoke. She raised an eyebrow at him, "Man, y`all are too dramatic. You always been like this, or is it an off day...?" She uttered, ever-casually unsnapping her grappling hook off her belt, and looking at Bravery hesitantly. "... I actually really hate you for this, y`know? I--I really like that revolver..." With that, she shot the grappling hook straight over at Bravery- not caring much for where it hit, or rather it penetrated fabric or skin-- but, as soon as she shot it, she roughly tugged it toward her, aiming to pull whatever it caught onto either toward her or flinging into the wall behind her. She was pretty determined to cut down these guys as soon as she could-- since, she assumed they were but the front lines. Any organization tough enough to take down Shirley had to have row after row of capable officers... right? Not anything like these guys...!

Last edited by Emu Queen on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

"Shit-" As Ryder started to struggle more and more violently, Gabriel had to try harder and harder to even keep a good grip on him. It wasn't working well, especially because he felt kind of guilty for what he was doing- but he didn't want Ryder getting hurt because his judgement was too clouded for him to defend himself properly. He sure as hell didn't want Bravery getting hurt because Ryder had stopped him from attacking- so he held on for dear life, eventually hoping to pin the other's arms and legs down. "Listen to me goddamn it!! I'm not betraying you! But can't you see this isn't the Jo we all know? Something is fucking wrong, and I'm not going to watch you nor Bravery get hurt because you're so bound and determined to protect someone that wants us all dead!! He can do his best to make sure she doesn't get hurt too badly but I swear to god I won't let you get us killed...!! Don't you think I understand what you're feeling? If that were Bravery I would be losing my mind but damn it have some sense! Please..!" His voice rose with each passing second, until he was shouting desperately. He was damn worried himself here, anxious for his boyfriend who was fighting Jo of all people- all by himself. This... was bad.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:23 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Bravery was hardly prepared when Jo shot the grappling hook at him--and although he did his best to dodge to the side, the hook still caught in the fabric of his jacket, sending him hurtling through the air. As he did so, though, he fired off a few rounds at Jo's legs as he was sent flying, up until when his back smacked against the opposite wall, knocking the air out of him before he toppled down to the floor. He struggled back up to his feet, noting that there were two more bullets left in the revolver--and he was pretty sure that he'd never reloaded his gauntlets. Wonderful.

"Get off! GET OFF!" Ryder shouted at Gabriel angrily, continuing to struggle against him. "Just shut up--! I should've known that this would happen--I should've known that you'd all do this when we all really needed to just stick together--! Don't lie to me, you bastard! You just want her dead, that's all that you want--! You--" And then he heard the gunshots. "Wh--I told you not to shoot--! Don't shoot! STOP! Stop--!" It was no use--Ryder was too injured. He couldn't push Gabriel away, and now he was pinned down. Stuck there to the floor. He was even still clutching his bat--and found that he couldn't use it. However--this only made him struggle to get away harder. "Leave her alone, you bastards--! It's not her fault, Kraven did something to her--! It's his fault, not hers, so GET AWAY--!"

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:06 am

osephine eaumont
THE LAW OF BLACK DRAGON  

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

Once she saw her hook grip onto Bravery`s jacket, Jo gave a wry, confident grin-- entirely sure there was nothing left for him to do to defend himself, her eyes following the bluenette through the air when she distinctively felt two bullets rip into her right left. She immediately but down on her lip to suppress any sounds that threatened to escape her aside from a sharp, drawn out hiss of pain-- she glanced down at the bullet wounds, a frown pulling her lips downward as she caught the sight of dark crimson blood gradually seeping through the fabric of her white uniform. Oh, he was so dead--
Jo whirled around as soon as she heard Bravery`s body hit the wall with a metallic thump, her eyes seeping with fury. "You`re gonna fuckin` pay for that, you stupid brat...!" She paused for a beat, listening to Ryder`s shouting, but not actually turning in his direction. His constant pleading was actually... making her feel really bad. Which probably wasn`t good at all--because these people... helped kill everyone left, didn`t they..?
Maybe not directly- but, they helped. They stood behind their leader--'Ryder' or whatever. So...they were just as bad. That redhead was just...really crazy, then! That was it! Anyone who`d wake up in the morning and do that to their facial hair had to be...!

None the less, his words seemed to resound in the depths of Jo`s mind, making her quite visibly cringe as she gritted her teeth in anger. "And put my gun down--! You`re not even good at using it, kid...!" She said indignantly, glaring daggers. Speaking of which-- first things first, make sure this guy doesn`t use her two remaining bullets. Not only did she sort of need those- but, she could still feel her own blood gradually oozing out of her still-open wounds, serving as a bit of a timer for her to get done with annihilating Vulture Team as soon as possible. The last thing she needed was another bullet lodged in her to shorten her time further...
So, hurriedly, she dug into her pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a... sort of boomerang thing. She closed one eye--her left, actual eye-- to aim steadily before expertly throwing it straight into the barrel of her revolver, which Bravery still held. It was silent for about a moment, before the firearm buzzed and sparked, leading to it combusting into a small explosion. Not enough to harm Bravery much--but enough to blow the barrel of the weapon open. Jo seemed excruciatingly saddened by this action. "... I`m sorry, my love--" She uttered, referring to her lost revolver--of course. She really did like that thing. Without further ado,  she fired her grappling hook at Bravery again, aiming to fling him around toward the other opposing wall this time, an unamused expression now gracing her features.

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 am

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

"... Ugh! You irrational idiot," Gabriel groaned, pretty much just ignoring the rest of what Ryder had said in favor of keeping him pinned down securely- though, now he kept glancing over at the fight, worry clear on his face. "I don't want either of them even fucking hurt, let alone dead...! But it can't be avoided damn it...! We have to stop her before we can get to Kraven!!"

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:56 am

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Bravery stared in shock as the gun was literally sliced in half, making the chamber explode. The force of the small blast made him stumble back a bit, his hand covered in a nasty burn from the heat. And then, he didn't have time to react before the grappling hook dug into the flesh of his abdomen, right where Jun had shot him before--and then, he was being flung through the air, and found himself hitting the opposite wall--hard. As he fell to the ground, the grappling hook was still stuck there--and he feebly punched at it with his left gauntlet, trying to break the cord. Normally, he'd be able to do it just fine--but now, because he was already so injured--it was to no avail. The grappling hook had only succeeded in re-opening the wounds that he'd bandaged up not too long ago. He lay on his side for a moment, before pulling himself up to his knees, then up to his feet, legs shaking--and still with the grappling hook latched onto his stomach.

"Shut UP Gabriel! I don't care, I don't even fucking care! Get off! Get off, now! As--As long as Jo's not with us, then I'm the leader! I'm the leader so LISTEN, GOD DAMMIT! You're not gonna hurt Jo! D-Don't make me--do something--I'll regret--!" Ryder continued to erratically and violently struggle against Gabriel, stretching his own limits just in his attempts to even get Gabriel off of him.

Bravery Valentine
Liberator
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:41 pm

osephine eaumont
THE LAW OF BLACK DRAGON  

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

As Jo watched Bravery be flung around the other way- her eyes softened, though she forced her grin in place. Cut through the front lines--acquire Ryder`s skull.
It was so simple. She didn`t need anyone`s help on it...!
The way Bravery steadily staggered onto his feet actually made her heart swell a bit--- although, as she remembered the fact that this same kid aimed her own revolver at her and forced her to blow up her baby pretty much set in stone that he was going to die now. "Ugh, they seriously could have picked a better time for me to do this, though..." She said, probably louder than she meant too as she advanced toward Bravery. "Like... maybe when you all aren`t beaten half to death--? The results were gonna be the same no matter what, I guess, but..." She shrugged, readying her hand on her grappling hook again-- only to this time retract it, so instead of sending Bravery flinging toward the opposing wall; it sent Jo flying toward him, ready to kick him straight in the face and hopefully send the back of his head crushing against the wall behind him from the force behind it. "Also--! Can you tell me where your leader would be usually?!"  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Bravery Valentine
Liberator

Bravery didn't even have a spare moment to reply to Jo--because before he could do anything, her boot connected with his face, blood gushing out of his nose as his head connected directly with the wall behind him. He slid down to the floor, his head leaving a wet, faint trail of blood behind it as he did. He was already unconscious before he hit the floor--and the fact that he still had a grappling hook in him didn't help matters.

Bravery's Theme - Fate of the Unknown
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 D1214ff1-08a2-4df2-945c-a9be9674f945_zpsfd3abd85

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Suddenly, a flock of helicopters flew over Carrion Land. And like carrion birds, they flocked over that dead patch of earth, ready to prey on their enemy. From the helicopters explosives were dropped down. In a matter of seconds holes were blasted into the top of Carrion Land. No longer was the entrance the only way into Carrion Land. The underground base now had holes in its roof, from which hundreds of Paladin Guardsmen dropped down from ropes. In five minutes hundreds of guardsmen had breached Carrion Land. Only one helicopter actually landed, Hal, and his personal guard emerging from it. The man casually just walked through the front entrance of Carrion Land where Jo was fighting the others "Ah! how pathetic..." Hal was, of course, not talking to just Vulture Team. The man raised his chin, looking down on Jo "I expected Paladin's best to have killed a thug with a baseball bat already..." he then looked to Ryder "And you... you have five seconds to surrender." following his words, the Paladin Guardsmen that had breached Carrion Land flocked to the entrance, raising their firearms towards Ryder and Gabriel. They were surrounded.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"We meet again. I know what you're thinking... matter a fact, I know what you're about to say, and what you're going to do... Everything about you."
Innsmouth Theme - Psycho Soldier

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:29 pm

osephine eaumont
THE LAW OF BLACK DRAGON  

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

"Whoopsie daisies," Jo uttered, taking a few steps back from Bravery`s limp body. "... Dang." She pressed a button on her grappling hook, causing it to fly straight out of the bluenette`s wound and return to it`s barrel. She stared down at him for a second longer, gaze lingering, before turning her attention to the two redheads on the other side of the room. "... Well then! Can you guys tell me where Ryder Mercy is--? I`m kinda getting fed up dealing with you lot.. I want a real challenge--!"

And then explosion. She reacted immediately, jumping a good foot into the air from the first bang and hurriedly bringing her arms up to protect herself from any possible debris. "What--the--?" She cautiously opened her eyes again, which widened automatically at the sight of Hal and his army and his... helicopters. Which blew some holes in the ceiling. Damn. She glared, her fists clenching at her side, and then he started talking. "FUCK YOU!" She barked loudly in response, unceremoniously flipping him off to enunciate her words. "I FUCKIN` HAD THIS SHIT IN THE BAG, YOU DICK! GET THE FUCK OUT!"  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder finally managed to shove Gabriel off and stand up--only to feel the base tremble as explosions rocked the ceiling, blasting holes in the bunker, and soldiers poured through the holes into the front hall. The color visibly drained from Ryder's face as the soldiers just kept coming, and then Hal emerged. Ryder did nothing but stare at the man for a moment, just sort of standing there. The bat slowly slipped from his hand once more, clattering to the floor of the base. And as he stood there, shoulders drooping, he couldn't help but give a choked, defeated laugh.
"Surrender...? Really...? ...And what would be the point of that...? Everything else has already been taken from me...everything except my life, that is...why stop partway...?" He extended his empty hands out to his sides, leaving himself wide open. The look on his face was one of absolute defeat. As he heard Jo's shouts over the other people in the room, and heard her ask where he was...he turned to her, letting his arms drop to his sides. "Jo...that's me. I'm Ryder. Do...whatever you want about it. I wouldn't stop you, anyway...But I will say...that Innsmouth is using you, Jo...whether you believe me or not...he is..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 D1214ff1-08a2-4df2-945c-a9be9674f945_zpsfd3abd85

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Hal just grinned, amused at Jo when she cursed him out "How pleasant. What a woman." he responded to her sarcastically. The man began to circle Ryder, grinning at him as he spoke. Until he finally said that his name was Ryder to Jo, to which he looked at Jo and informed her "Kill him, then we may be done." he told her bluntly. He then walked behind Jo, and looked to Ryder "If you die to Jo... I will kill your friends... if you win... if you kill her... I still shoot you, but I'll spare your allies. You're welcome. I'm in a good mood today." he told Ryder in what must have been the most arrogant tone ever spoke. Then again, he was careful this time. Too many times had Vulture Team gotten themselves out of impossible odds. No longer, this time he was prepared, he had a whole army to mow them down. There was nowhere to go now. He would not make the same mistakes as their older enemies.

"We meet again. I know what you're thinking... matter a fact, I know what you're about to say, and what you're going to do... Everything about you."

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:45 pm

osephine eaumont
THE LAW OF BLACK DRAGON  

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

"ME BEING A WOMAN HAS GOT SHIT TO DO WITH ANYTHING, CHUCKLEFUCK!" Jo rebutted quickly, her hands returning firmly to her sides. Her gaze snapped over to Ryder as he began to speak to Hal, her eyebrows raising. He... was just gonna give up? Like that? That---that was actually weird. She kept her eyes trained onto him, pity welling in them--until he turned his attention to her instead. "... Ryder... Mercy?" She echoed, expression flashing in shock. "... Why---Why the FUCK didn`t you say that earlier..?! I--I was so nice...!" It was becoming harder and harder to keep up her carefree demeanor up, a sultry mixture of rage and despair bubbling in her stomach. physically manifesting itself in the form of hot tears pricking the corners of her eyes. Her grip tightened around the handle of her grappling hook, the flesh around her knuckles whitening under her gloves as she aimed it up at Ryder, closing one of her eyes to focus clearer-- silently cursing the tense guilt building in her gut. This... was the man who killed Shirley, Bangel, anyone she knew she had left-- yet, seeing him here, so void of hope... so almost helpless... the thought of striking him down so simply almost made Jo sick. The least he could do was put up a fight...! Act like a villain; do something-- anything to help her feel morally correct...! But, something told her he wasn`t going to stop her from doing what she wanted, no matter how much she asked otherwise...

Her finger tensed around the trigger, still only glaring down Ryder, just as Hal made his way behind her to speak to Ryder over her shoulder. She listened quietly, teeth gritted as her wrath aimed at both males grew further and further with each word. It nearly slayed her to think this was the guy on her side-- but, it was what it was. Shirley had some amount of faith in Innsmouth, it seemed. She clung to the possibility of there being more to him... something that would put him on par with her. "You`re really lucky this is personal," She quipped, speaking to Innsmouth, even if her eyes were trained on Ryder. "Otherwise, I`d call you out for being a fuckin` coward--because that shit is just low." With that final comment, she shot her grappling hook out at Ryder, not checking to see if it hit anything before giving it a gentle tug toward her and pushing a button to retract it, sending herself flinging toward the redhead, ready to kick him in the same fashion she had Bravery.
... Although, she did quietly hope he`d at least try to defend himself. Since, as it stood, this sure didn`t feel like the most morally correct course of action...
How does Paladin ever end up being the bad guy...? 

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

"Kill my friends? What friends...?" Ryder grumbled quietly, referring to all of the 'mutiny' that had been going on that day. Still, he knew full-well who Innsmouth meant. Gabriel and Bravery--and probably Isaac and Buddi, too. All of San Francisco was already his fault--did he really want to let anyone else die because of him? But...fighting Jo...it was unthinkable. He couldn't--he wouldn't--
But the look that Jo gave him then made his blood run cold. Maybe he'd done something wrong--maybe Jo was fed up with working with an incompetent second-in-command like him--maybe--...maybe...
There were so many things it could be--so many. Because his eyes had been fixed on Jo, he'd seen the grappling hook firing--and dodged it on mere impulse, seeing it instead embed itself in the wall. Stumbling backwards in surprise, he managed to escape Jo's kick, but found himself coming uncomfortably close to the soldiers surrounding them--so, he stepped forward a bit--feeling his foot tap against his bat. He looked down for a moment, looking at the bat...before bending down and picking it up. His hands were shaking...this couldn't be--
No. This could be happening. Everything before that just 'couldn't' be happening--it had always been happening. The worst always happened--always.
And Jo wasn't coming back...was she...? He'd killed a girlfriend before...was he really going to do it again...?
Ryder said nothing as he looked up again--pointing his bat over at Jo. His eyes spoke multitudes--he didn't want to do this. He'd rather be anywhere else, in any other situation than there in Carrion Land at that moment. But--it had to be done...it had to...maybe...if the other Vultures survived, they could go take out Kraven...maybe...maybe he and Jo...didn't matter...and if he was getting shot after anyway...
At least they'd be together...

"Al...right...then..." Ryder spoke in a quiet, broken voice. "I guess that there's no avoiding it...Jo...Let's die together...okay?"

Ryder's Theme - Nobody

Last edited by Akikazemoon on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Isaac Harvey
Blondy

Inner City // Carrion Land - Page 37 Tumblr_ms2zsusuez1rvhrn0o1_r1_1280

Isaac stood where he was as the others started to talk to the person who appeared to be Jo. 'Huh? That's Jo? But the stories from Buddi and the times I've seen her before are way different than she is now! Did something happen to her?' As Isaac was contemplating on what to do, Bravery and Gabriel already went out of their way into the action. This left the man dumbfounded on what to do next. Was he suppose to help Braver fight her or help Ryder and Gabriel settle out the emotions that are coming out of them. He pondered more and more when explosions started to come out. His eyes opened wide as it felt too familiar. 'Crap. Crap. CRAP!' Isaac went behind to one of the corners of a wall to see what was going on. Tons and tons of soldiers were coming in and it didn't look like it was going to stop. Just what was he suppose to do now? Try and help Ryder even though it would probably be more of a nuisance instead of helping. Isaac started to panic. Oh how he wished the others were here to help. Maybe then it would seem to be easier. He looked back to what was going on as it looked like Ryder was getting ready to fight to the death? Just what the hell was going on now?

"I will use my cards to protect everyone!"
dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Dr. Hal Innsmouth
The Eyes

Hal backed away behind his elite guard "Heheheh..." this was just too fun for him to watch. The man couldn't resists laughing. To get these two to fight to the death was exhilarating! Then, suddenly, the earth shook. Had Kraven fired Armageddon again!? Hal felt his emotions rise to hatred. If Kraven kept fucking nuking the world he wouldn't have anything to rule anymore! Was that man set on destroying the world!? But then, a solider reported to him "Sir! Highend just went up in flames sir!" Hal's eyes suddenly widened. What the hell just happened!? Who just destroyed Highend!? Hal looked back to Jo and Ryder fighting, then back to the guardsmen. He suddenly felt his heart drop "What...?

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:18 pm

osephine eaumont
THE LAW OF BLACK DRAGON  

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

So, her hook got caught in a wall. Jo`s mind exploded with panic, and she hurriedly tugged the hook out of the wall while in mid-air. Her boots connected against the wall roughly, though she pressed her weight against the surface in order to simply flip off it, avoiding what could have potentially been a much harsher fall. A shot of white pain ran through her bones in the aftermath though--which probably didn`t help the gunshot wounds still leaking crimson plasma, either. Whatever. Her gaze steadily rose from her wounds, up to the redhead before her as he spoke. This... actually did feel pretty horrible... and she cursed the reason why. Her own expression had begun faltering, her shoulders drooping. The way he was looking at her right now... so thoroughly pained, hopeless, full of despair-- she couldn`t imagine Ryder killing Shirley. She couldn`t imagine him gauging her eye out of her skull-- and she didn`t know why. What would stop him...? He was just a thug with a bat--there was no reason why he should be so redeemable in her eyes, yet... something just felt so terribly wrong about this. It made her chest clench...

Regardless... there wasn`t much she could do. And it didn`t change anything. She... she was in the right--she was always in the right--that was why she joined Paladin to begin with...! She didn`t just leave everything behind, all those endless possibilities-- to be on the wrong side. So--he was just--lying. Lying to her. Because Vulture Team did that, right?! Yeah--yeah, okay...! Despite her own attempts to bring up her mood, to stop her mind from falling into dark, uncharted territories- her expression was the image of solemnity. "... Fine." His bat was pointed at her, anyway--so, he couldn`t have all too much of a problem with this whole thing... she was just being over dramatic...! Right. Since he was armed, she made a mental note not to charge him without any weapons on her--so, as quickly as she could, she dug into one of her uniforms pockets, taking out a small capsule. She bared it in two hands, and with the push of a button-- a laser bursted forward from it, taking a moment to reveal itself as a blade, dyed and glowing in light blue splendor. The sight was enough to make the corners of her lips turn upward, almost involuntarily as she brandished the new weapon. "Matches my eyes," She commented, giving a breathless and humorless chuckle. "... I don`t lose as gracefully as I win, though," With a final statement, she closed the space between them, swinging at him in a precise sort of rapid succession.  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Ryder Mercy
Curveball

Ryder stepped back as Jo charged at him, parrying the sword with the bat, blocking it crosswise and looking at Jo through the clash, his blue eyes wide. The bat began to heat under the touch of the laser, and Ryder spoke,
"I'll make it quick and painless, I promise...! I'd never hurt you, remember...? It'll be quick--you won't feel a thing--! A-And then I'll...!"
He didn't finish his sentence, and he maneuvered his leg around, trying to kick Jo's legs out from under her, hoping to break the clash between their two weapons so that he could get an opening to attack.

Ryder's Theme - Nobody
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Gabriel Winters
*Incendium*
-----
-----

As soon as he had seen what Jo had done to Bravery, Gabriel had been moving. Ryder didn't even have to struggle to shove him off, because he was already trying his damned hardest to get up and get over to him, choking on fear and guilt. This was his fault, wasn't it? If he hadn't been so focused on Ryder, if he had actually tried helping, if he hadn't done what he had... maybe things would be okay. As it was, he hardly even paused to care as explosions rocked Carrion Land, too busy skidding to a halt on his knees beside the unconscious superhero, tears in his eyes. No, no, fuck- this couldn't be- why them, why this- why did the world have to be so cruel...?! He didn't seem to notice as he and Ryder were surrounded, as Hal spoke, as all of these things happened- he just clutched at Bravery's hand with a white knuckled grip, sucking in big lungfuls of ash laced air. "Please, n-no... c-come on, y-you... y-you have to be o-okay B-Bravery..." he choked out, before he just squeezed his eyes shut and shuddered, slowly trying to calm down. Someone... needed to pay. Yet... he didn't want to leave Bravery's side, and since he could see that Ryder was actually trying to fight now, he stayed put, trying to figure out what, if anything, he could do for his love.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next