Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highend // Highend Streets

+4
Not Manchee
Emu Queen
Akikazemoon
Amazing Pan-Sensei
8 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 Empty Re: Highend // Highend Streets

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 LeonKuwata_zps147bb2ca

Ryder Mercy
-Code Name: Curveball-

Well. That could've gone better.
Ryder turned his wheelchair, quickly working to catch up to Ivy, moving alongside her.
"Okay, okay, fine, no more excuses here, Ivy, just listen to me," he said, doing his best to keep pace with her. "What you're gonna see in that alley is NOT something that you want to see. Please, just go back to the tent. Please." He gave her a pleading look, hoping that she would listen. "It has nothing to do with who blows up things better. Nothing at all. Do you know why that Worm kid was staying outside the alley when you showed up? It's because he didn't want to see it either. Please, just--you don't have to see this. Just go back to the tent."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Ivy
Just Ivy

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 PurpleIvy_zps731e0841

Ivy stopped when she heard Ryder's tone...something was really wrong, wasn't it? She turned to looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean...? Just...what happened, Ry-Ry?"

She then got close to him and whispered.

"Is it Gumby? What did he do?"

She sounded a bit scared...
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Ryder Mercy

Ryder sighed, then looked Ivy right in the eye. She was a grown woman, no matter how little-sisterly she felt to him. She could handle this...he hoped.
"Someone...someone died, Ivy. We didn't want you seeing their body because...well, it's...in bad condition. ...Really bad. And we don't know who killed them, so we all just need to stay calm while we investigate this...just, stay calm...can you do that for me?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Ivy
Just Ivy

Ivy smiled as she heard the news, seemingly relieved.

"My god, I thought it was something serious! Why were you so worried?"

She didn't seem to get the gravity of the situation...what she had understood was that some random person no one knew had died....That's what they meant, right?

"I can help! I'm just gonna go take a look!"

She hugged Ryder quickly and crutched towards the alley, where she pushed through the people and saw the body. The smile she had on her face slowly disappeared...She had thought she would finally be helping out in Vulture, helping out with this murder case, but what she wasn't counting on was recognizing the body. Even with the bashed up face, Ivy could tell this was Duda. But it couldn't be....
The green-haired girl stood there, completely still, staring at the body, not saying a word, her face was unreadable.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Ryder Mercy

Ryder had known that Ivy would have to find out about who it was sooner or later--but he hadn't wanted her to find out about it like this. He wheeled himself into the alley after Ivy, then once he got close to her, he struggled to stand up from his chair, like he had earlier. He put his hands onto Ivy's shoulders, turning her around and hugging her to his chest so that she wouldn't have to look at the corpse anymore, speaking quietly,
"This is why I didn't want you to see. I'm so sorry..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Ivy
Just Ivy

Ivy just seemed numb. Her facial expression didn't change and she didn't resist Ryder as he turned her around and hugged her, but she couldn't find it in herself to hug him back. She just stood there, probably making it pretty awkward for Ryder since she was just not reacting at all...Then suddenly, after a few moment of awkward, she pushed Ryder off and ran towards Duda's body, kneeling down in front of it and shaking it.

"DUZÃO! Wake up! It's not funny anymore!"

She shook the corpse violently, trying to wake her friend up. Ivy then reached over and grabbed one of the daisies and put it on her forehead.

"Look, here are some daisies! Your favorite, remember? Wake up! WAKE UP!"
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 9d75de8926506fbf5b12326e1c866f4bacab158e_zps85908eb0

i`d give my life
not for honor, but for you
in my time, there will be no one else

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Jo narrowed her eyes at Ivy as the younger girl squeezed by her, and turned around to grab her before she saw Ryder distract her instead. Giving up and figuring the redhead knew how to handle the greennette better than herself, she looked at Elliot. A small frown came on her face as he told her to inspect the body herself. Her eyes flickered to Duda`s corpse, then immediately away. How could she inspect it when she could barely stand to look at it? Obviously Elliot wasn`t the best at emotions, but she was no wear near the state she would need to be to look her fallen comrade`s corpse in the crushed face and inspect it.

She turned to the remainders of the vultures that formed a small crowd, all mourning. "Ok. Everyone clear the area. Adults are working." She shooed in a tone that hinted that she was joking, but everyone knew her fallen attempt at humor was only to make the situation easier on herself. As people began to clear the alley, Jo forced her eyes to lock on the body. She`d seen dead people. She had killed criminals and sat and watched them suffer until they were finally gone. But, seeing the barely recognizable corpse of someone you knew was a feeling that words couldn`t describe. With a light sigh, she blinked the remaining tears from her eyes. She would have to request that Paladin bring a body bag and prepare a proper grave somewhere. Her only way to do this would be to through the squirmish Henry Ghast. Jo was going to make a small attempt to search Duda`s body a bit when she heard the sound of crutches in the distance, pushing and shoving her way through the remaining vultures.

She paused as her eyes landed on Ivy. She expected the girl to scream, cry, have a panic attack at the sight of her best friend`s corpse but instead she stood there in complete silence, with an unreadable expression. Jo crossed her arms behind her back, looking at the alley wall. She knew this kind of silence too well. She knew no apologies or other words could make up for the girl`s loss, so after giving a brief nod of acknowledgement to Ryder who then wheeled himself into the alley after Ivy, she left to give the two privacy with their friend`s corpse. She leaned on a wall outside the alley, lighting a cigar. 

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 Eb10f9704940372870175d44e6b96821243f1b58_zps9004401f
[/quote]
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Ryder Mercy

Ryder heaved a deep sigh, then sat heavily back down into his wheelchair, putting his elbows on his knees and his face into his hands. He had thought that they would be safe in Highend, even if just for the moment. But no...Duda had died in this alley. Alone, without anyone to turn to...she had probably been terrified...
He could feel waves of sheer panic and sadness washing off of Ivy. He didn't know what to say to her. She had just lost someone who was probably the single most important person in the world to her...and even though Ryder himself hadn't known Duda very well, he never would have thought that this would have happened...He was speechless.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Ivy
Just Ivy

Ivy started sobbing and shaking the body some more.

"It's me, Ivykins! Just wake up! We can sniff daisies...we can smoke cheese....just please....wake...up..."

She was now just sobbing and shaking uncontrollably, tears staining Duda's clothing. She desperately took leaves and other knick-knacks out of her pockets, putting them around Duda, trying out some weird ritual thing, which obviously wasn't working. She then suddenly started laughing manically.

"Huehahaheuahahaha! Funny! She's just joking, Ry-Ry! HAHAHAHAHAH!"

She was cackling in a pretty scary way at the moment, but tears were streaming down her face.

"Gumby must've put her up to it! HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE! You win this round!"

She looked up at the sky, shrieking at this invisible nemesis of hers.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Ryder Mercy

Ryder looked up, watching Ivy slowly break down into manic, mournful laughter. Ivy had tears pouring down her face, but--Ryder couldn't bring himself to cry. So many deaths before, of people he had held dear...and he hadn't shed a tear. He figured that there must be something wrong with him...
He pushed himself out of the wheelchair, kneeling on the ground and gently hugging Ivy again--and he didn't even care if she was going to push him away. He just couldn't bare to see her in this much pain.
"I'm going to make sure that this never happens again," he spoke to her quietly as he hugged her, his voice almost being drowned out by her laughter. "I'm going to fight with all of my power...and I'm not going to let a single other one of our friends die...nobody else is going to die...I'm not going to let them..." He paused for a moment. "...I'm sorry, Ivy. Just let it all out..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Ivy
Just Ivy

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

Shrieked Ivy, but threw her arms around Ryder and squeezed, shaking some more as she sobbed.

"She...why do you keep saying no one else will die? She isn't dead...she's just...she's just joking...She wouldn't leave me...no one can make her leave me..."

She looked up at him, her eyes full of sorrow

"Just...j-j-joking...."
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Ryder Mercy

"She didn't leave you..." Ryder said as he continued hugging her. "She's still with you...in your heart, and your memories...she would never leave those...and right now, I'm sure that she's in...a much better place than here. Probably off in a bright, sunny field...full of grass, and daisies...daisies for miles...way better than where we are now...I bet that she's happy. But even if she's there now...she'll always be with you, Ivy. Just so long as you remember how much you cared about her, she'll always be with you..." He hardly knew what to say. This was a new experience for him...comforting someone after a death... "...She would want you to be happy, Ivy...She's always going to be watching over you now. And...A-And I know that it's hard...but...if you keep Duda in your heart..." He trailed off. He couldn't think of how to finish--he felt a small lump in his throat, but still no tears came. He wanted to say something, anything to make Ivy feel better...but no words were coming...

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Ivy
Just Ivy

Ivy held on to Ryder tighter

"So...she's better now? She...s-she always liked d-d-daisies..."

She whispered, then looked down at her feet, seeing her best friend's blood which now stained her clothes and the ground.

"What if...what if this isn't her? I-it can't be...she doesn't do blood..."

She said a bit hopefully, which probably made things worse, since having that hope crushed was almost as bad as the initial shock.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Ryder Mercy

Ryder paused, trying to think of how to answer Ivy's question.
"...You know...my little sister, back home...she told me once what she thought of how this worked. You know what she said? She said that when something like this happens to a person's body...their soul flies out. That soul is who they are...not the body. The soul flies out, and it keeps searching until it finds someplace better to be. This here...it isn't Duda. At least, not now...it's not her because she went off to find the better place. Because she's in the field of daisies, where it's safe, and warm, and happy..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Ivy
Just Ivy

"Oh...okay..."

Said Ivy, curling up into a ball and leaning against the wall, staring at Duda's corpse. She was quiet now, wiping away the tears that fell. She seemed to be thinking...just thinking about what Ryder said...about his sister and about Duda... She seemed to have gone back to her numb state of mind, not doing anything at all but staring at the body.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Ryder Mercy

Ryder went and sat by Ivy, falling silent as he looked up at the sky through the opening at the top of the alley. He knew that he had to let Ivy mourn. That was the only way that she would eventually get better. But she didn't have to go through it alone. He was going to stay with her--no matter how long she stayed there.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:00 am

Ivy
Just Ivy

Ivy reached out and took Ryder's hand, still looking straight ahead.

"Thanks..."

She said, her voice lacked the crazy that was normally in it, like that time with the explosion, only this time it sounded...less panicky. She refused to look at Ryder, but squeezed his hand and just sort of sat in the silence.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:04 am

Ryder Mercy

Ryder squeezed Ivy's hand back in response, nodding. He was going to help her get through this--that was his newest goal. He was going to try to diminish her suffering as much as he could.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 am

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 99446ddd-de99-4883-ae91-31389433c1d5_zps2a9db9c6

Gangsta Pimp
The Feather-Flavored Motherfucker
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Gangsta Pimp was standing outside talking to some footmen, then the new came. Someone had died, an officer "Excuse me...?" the man said, he was holding a pencil, the thing immediately snapped into two. Gangsta Pimp shoved everyone out of the way, a minute ago he was impressing a crowd, a moment later he didn't give a shit about them. Gangsta Pimp began to walk, thoughts flew though his head as he walked: who could have done it? Did Conqueror Worm have a spy? The Family? The rioters from earlier? Gangsta Pimp's mind was far from clear. Then he reached the body, seeing the mess brought before him. He had passed Ivy and Ryder, and Elliot, Jo, everyone. He saw their plight, Gangsta Pimp didn't know the girl. But that didn't matter, someone had been killed, someone important to the organization "..." Sam's teeth began to grit. He was pissed, very pissed, then a thought came to mind. There was an obvious culprit here. Samuel ran through the crowd, throwing everyone to the side as he made his way to Bravery. Gangsta Pimp found the boy, then grabbed him, pushing him against the "You... you did this! Do you think we're fucking stupid!?" Sam began to choke Bravery, this is what happened when someone opposed Sam. He came to No Man's Land to kill Jade, and anyone that got in the way would also be killed "I don't leave my enemies alive... ever."

_______________________________________________________ ___________________________________
"Now I"m sure you're wondering, gee, isn't dear ole Gangsta Pimp in the business of bitches and woes? If you are *slaps* stop thinking! Not bitches ever got anywhere by thinking!"
Gangsta Pimp Theme - Get on the Dance Floor
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:21 am

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 BraveryCasual_zps7b5a2858

The Justice Avenger
Bravery Valentine
-------------------------------------
"For the peace and justice of this city...I will never give up!"
-------------------------------------

Bravery's eyes widened as he saw Gangsta Pimp running at him, and he was too surprised to try to retaliate as the man grabbed him. As the pimp's hands found the boy's neck, he raised up his own hands, trying to pry Gangsta Pimp's away from his throat, kicking at the man with his legs to try to get the man away from him.
"I-I...I didn't..." he rasped out, gasping for breath. "I...would...never...a hero...doesn't...kill innocents..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:26 am

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 Bunnypirate
BunnyMio

TheCrimsonAngelofDeathstandsbeforeyou

Bunny grabbed Pimp's arm with her metal one.
"Bravery killed no one." she said. "If it weren't for this boy, I would be dead in the worm palace...I owe him my life." she said, "And I know for a fact he didn't kill anyone. During the battle, he didn't even hurt any of our current officers, and came to me in the palace to help, just because he could. He cares about us...he has a kind heart, and I know for a fact he killed no one here...it was someone else." she glared. "Now let him go, or I brea your arm like a twig." she may have been hurt, but she was adamant about saving Bravery. She owed him.

Fearmynameanddowhatsbestforyou

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 Untitled-3
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Manchee Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:30 am

Ivy
Just Ivy

Ivy didn't register anything that Gangsta Pimp did until she heard Bravery's strained voice. She looked up and her eyes widened.

"NO MORE KILLING!!!!!"

She shrieked, getting up and clenching her fists, breathing heavily. This was...definitely weird. She WANTED to destroy something, to kill something...especially if they could have done THAT to Duda....but for some reason she had had enough death today, even if it was only one.

"Just....no more...Not today..."

Only now did she register that Bunny had intervened...her emotional state had somehow made her process that slower, so her reaction probably seemed wayyyy overdone now that Bunny had taken care of it.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Post  robert200110 Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 am

Lily O'connel
Spectre
Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 Animegirlsoldier2_zpsa3112e21

Lily looked at Duda's body. What now? A comrade was dead, but they had to keep going. She went over to Ryder. "What are your plans from here? We can't stay any longer." Her hand slowly drifted to her gun, which hung in its holster at her hip. It was a precaution and had no meaning behind it.
robert200110
robert200110
Newt Citizen
Newt Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:40 am

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 99446ddd-de99-4883-ae91-31389433c1d5_zps2a9db9c6

Gangsta Pimp
The Feather-Flavored Motherfucker

Gangsta Pimp wasn't phased by Bravery's kicks at all, his grip on tightened around the masked man even more "Don't say a word... I'm not in the mood for your bullshit. You just waltz in here from Conqueror Worm and expect me to trust you just like that!?" the man was ready to snap his neck. Then Bunny began to grab Sam's arm, now here's a thing, metal arms hurt. Inflicting pain to a man who was in the middle of violent temperament was about the worst thing you could do. The man dropped Bravery to the ground, he didn't even hear Ivy, and he wouldn't listen anyways. Blood had been spilled today, and Gangsta Pimp needed more spilled blood in return. The man moved his arm away from Bunny, then shot a glare right back at her "Don't touch me again... or I swear I will kill you." the man spoke to her in a dead serious voice, his act was all gone now. There was no friendly, happy-go-lucky Pimp anymore, just the man out for revenge against Jade "This was obviously some complex scheme by Jade to kill one of our officers! Don't act dumb!"

_______________________________________________________ ___________________________________
"Now I"m sure you're wondering, gee, isn't dear ole Gangsta Pimp in the business of bitches and woes? If you are *slaps* stop thinking! Not bitches ever got anywhere by thinking!"
Gangsta Pimp Theme - Get on the Dance Floor
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 am

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 Bunnypirate
BunnyMio

TheCrimsonAngelofDeathstandsbeforeyou

"Oh, so one second, you want me in a bikini, and now you want to kill me for defending an innocent boy? I dare you sir, I dare you to try and kill me! As you can see, I've been through an ordeal, I can fucking handle myself. If this was a scheme they would have killed me as well, but they didn't now did they? Fuck off, eh?" she said, flipping him off, and then pulling Bravery out of there. "You alright?" she asked, kneeling down to his level. She felt bad. Yeah, he'd be the one to blame for a sudden death like this...but she knew he didn't. It was someone else.

Fearmynameanddowhatsbestforyou

Highend // Highend Streets  - Page 9 Untitled-3
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next