Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Graveyard (Cannot be owned)

Post  The Hidden Spring Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:35 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Blue_2003_by_kyubikitsy_zps79751df5
⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊
" I t      i s       m y      t o         f u f i l l      t h e        w i l l     o f   t h e    E a r t h    M o t h e r "

Liimu Torok
Psychic Soldier
Liimu's Theme: Bloom

" T h e       s o u l s       o f       t h e         t a i n t e d        w i l l      b e      c l e a n s e d "
⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊

☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲

Liimu's eyes widened as she saw the flying machine coming.
"You are...how do they say in...a son of a bitch..."
she said, hugging herself as the thing was coming toward her. She looked at the ground, shaking her head. "I...I..." she curled up into a ball, holding herself. "This goes...against everything...I...I can't..." she mumbled, staying there.

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Liimusig_zpsbe076a47
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Graveyard (Cannot be owned)

Post  Xpherix Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:02 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 NougamiNeuro16_zpsc022ca7f

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 DantalionBrainEatername_zps62b4765b

╔══════════════╗╔══════════════╗

Dantalion was clearly amused by the whole situation.  He waltzed right up to her after she curled up onto the floor.  "Hmm?" he cooed, "Now where did all that talk of overcoming your fears so you could conquer it.  Look at it this way, this thing," he gestured to it, "Is a beast to be conquered so that you can continue on with your journey.  If you are unable to cope with but a single one of these, how will you ever take on a fleet?  Is this trivial thing going to be your roadblock preventing you from carrying out Earth Mother's will?  Sometimes the best way to destroy something is to use it against itself, hmm?"  His sentences flowed fluidly like they had been practiced but were only used for the first time now.  He's always had a way with words and right now he was hoping these words were what was needed to convince Liimu.  If not, he could always employ other methods.

╚══════════════╝╚══════════════╝

"It is like the world is my stage and I am the puppeteer looming behind the curtain while the others prance around to my strings."

[ENG] Outer Science (アウターサイエンス)

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:17 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Blue___possible_spoiler_by_Susku_zpsgqd8ipks
" I t      i s       m y      t o         f u f i l l      t h e        w i l l     o f   t h e    E a r t h    M o t h e r "

Liimu Torok
Psychic Soldier

" T h e       s o u l s       o f       t h e         t a i n t e d        w i l l      b e      c l e a n s e d "

Liimu listened carefully to Dantalion. She looked at the flying machine, just staring at it.
"...Hmm..."
using every last bit of will power the woman had, she uncurled herself, staring at the machine, never taking her eyes off it. Her fists were curled up into balls, her psychic aura flowing from her body. "T-tell me Dantalion..." she said, still glaring at the machine. "W-where exactly...is the ear on this...b-beast...?"   she said. She was scared, her body was shaking. But the Earth Mother's will needed to be carried out by the chosen...and she was chosen. She nad to d this, here and now.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:38 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 NougamiNeuro32_zps99266ffa

Dantalion was relieved when he saw Liimu uncurl herself and stand.  She was staring at the machine like it was going to turn around and attack her.  He'd keep this amusement to himself as he listened to what she had to say.  "Why," he straightened himself and walked back up to it, "The 'ear' is right inside," he replied pointing to the main steering wheel.  He let her get a look at it and all that but to allow her to drive on her own was out of the question.  Perhaps with his assistance, he could guide her and quickly take over when things got dicey.  However, even that was a risk.  Starting small with a motorcycle or a car would probably be best.

"It is like the world is my stage and I am the puppeteer looming behind the curtain while the others prance around to my strings."

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:26 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Blue___possible_spoiler_by_Susku_zpsgqd8ipks

Liimu Torok
Psychic Soldier

Liimu nodded. She had a confident glare in her eyes.
"Very well...but first."
she turned to Dantalion, and went up to him, pulling him closed by the collar, and quickly nipped the boys ear. She pushed him back and looked at the machine. "How to assert dominance over anything is by biting the ear of the creature. I bit yours, meaning I have dominance over you...and now..." she charged at the machine and leapt into the cockpit, biting the steering wheel with grand vigor. "I CONQUER YOU BEAST!" she yelled as she went. After she left a good two teeth marks on the wheel, she was comfortable enough being around it, and looked at Dantalion. "Ha...I...I did it! I will dominate all the soul eating technology I have to...to serve the Earth Mother's Will!...Even if...it's...still...really scary..." baby steps Liimu...baby steps.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:27 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 NougamiNeuro3_zps66ef29ba

Dantalion smiled when she agreed but then tilted his head when she turned back to him.  "Eh!?" He was definitely caught off guard when she walked right up to him and bit his ear.  He blinked, looking down at her as she pulled away and explained what it meant.  He already knew this but the realization of what this action towards him meant hit him and his emerald eyes lit up.  He chuckled lowly as he watched her turn away to go bite the steering wheel of his vehicle as well.  She looked proud of herself just standing in the vehicle like that.  "Congratulations," he responded with a smile then walked into the vehicle after her.  "Certainly you no longer fear what you have dominated right?" his smile was a bit too wide now, like the cat from the children's tale.  He pressed a button on the control panel causing the doors to swing closed and the controls light up as the engine began to hum louder.  "It's time to take the next step Liimu!  Time is of the essence if you want to keep the land from falling into further ruin!  You are ready yes?" he exclaimed a bit too enthusiastically as the vehicle began to slowly rise off the ground.  Tearing off the bandage.

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Liimu Torok
Psychic Soldier

Liimu looked at Dantalion with great pride, but then the cockpit closed. She screamed and was seated.
"H-HEY! WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! WHAT ABOUT YOU!? WHERE IS THIS THING TAKING ME!? AHH!"
she grabbed her head and leaned forward. A psychic construct of a wolf was made, and started to bash the cockpit. That was Liimu's way of trying to get out. Rebel until it works.   "DONT DO THIS! PLEASE!" she construct kept going and going, and there a tiny crack even.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 NougamiNeuro21_zps06d885a0

Dantalion started chuckling lowly when he got the response he wanted.  However, it was cut short once she summoned up one of her ghost wolf things and it started attacking the main control panel.  Well that wasn't good.  He pulled off his gloves shoved his way in between the wolf and the control panel grabbing at it with his clawed hands, "Come on now," his human disguise slipping some, "You were doing so well."  Despite his tone sounding a bit mocking, he was also disappointed that she seemed unable to keep it together once the doors shut, and just after her moment of confidence as well.  "Where did all that vigor go?" he questioned as he prevented the wolf from doing any more damage to the vehicle.

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:59 am

Liimu Torok
Psychic Soldier

Liimu desummoned the construct, and held her head.
"You...you don't...you don't understand what fear does to psychics...it makes yoou go...crazy...it hurts...it hurts so much."
she said, her body shaking again.   "Let me out...PLease! Let me smell the air again!" she went to the door, trying to open it.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Dantalion's eyes widened at her statement.  Although he was unfamiliar with psychics and what that entailed but he could see that this was really taking a toll on her.  He pressed a button behind him and the doors swung open letting in the dusty air.  He would need to be more careful with her then.  He also knew that this meant a lot of foot travel.  Perhaps flying with her would be something she'd tolerate.  She wasn't also afraid of heights was she?

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Liimu Torok
Psychic Soldier

Liimu saw the door and ran out, panting and just...trying to calm down. She made progress...she was in the thing, but she couldn't stay there for very long it seemed. She took deep breath after deep breath, letting her body relax. It took several minutes, before she stood up. She rubbed her temples.
"T-thank you...I'm...I'm sorry...I know you are trying to help..."
she hestitated, but went to the plane. "I...I think we should go...r-right?" she looked at it for a long time. "Are...you sure I can't just...ride on top or something?"

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:55 am

As Liimu ran out of the plane, Dantalion turned to inspect the damage on the controls.  It was nothing too bad, good thing it was quite durable.  He turned back to Liimu and stepped out of the thing.  He gave her a nod when she went ahead and thanks him despite what he did.  "Please, it's no trouble at all," he replied with a smirk.  Then he crossed his arms and shook his head.  "With the speed this thing moves at, I would advise strongly against that," he replied when she tried one more time to ride on top it.  "If it's not a bother, there is another way to get around that doesn't involve vehicles," he suggested lifting a brow, "You see, I'm what could be described as a mix between a bird and an insect.  I could fly you there with some effort on my part unless you'd like to stick with walking.  Whatever's better for you."

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Liimu Torok
Psychic Soldier

Liimu looked at it at Dantlion. She didn't need pity from him for this, since it WAS his fault. She was going to have to remain strong.
"No...I do not need you to accomidate for me. We will take your flying machine...just...warn me please when you're going to close the thingy here. I think the sudden shock happened cause of that."
she said, getting into the machine and sitting down. She didn't know what a seatbeat was, so she just sat in the seat. "Besides, I have already claimed this beast. I am dominant over it. If it dears hurt me, I shall end it like all things." she sounded pretty confident in that statement.   "Now, let us go. I believe the Father Death had a mission we must complete."

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Dantalion lifted an eyebrow when she refused and made her way back into the vehicle.  "Fu fu~ Very well then," he chuckled as she explained her reasoning.  Pulling his gloves back over his hands, he turned away from her.  "Closing the door," he pressed the button and the hatched swung closed once again.  "Do be sure to fasten your seatbelt," he called out as he took his seat before the wheel and fastened his slowly as an example.  He began pushing buttons and flipping switches as the "flying machine" raised higher off the ground.  "Oh I do hope he haven't missed any of the fun," he chuckled before the aircraft took off.

{Exits}

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu May 21, 2015 9:36 pm

░░▒▒▓▓Please  don't  try  to  fix  me▓▓▒▒░░

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Egil%20109_zpsszi9yf6t

░░▒▒▓▓I'd  like  to  go  on  thinking  that  I'm  not  broken▓▓▒▒░░

Egil Lykke
Umbra
⚸-------------------------------------⚸
The worst kind of loneliness . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . is to not be comfortable
even with yourself

Egil wasn’t exactly entirely sure why—but his venture of taking a walk had somehow led to him getting onto his motorcycle and driving off. The wind rushing past him definitely felt good, though—refreshing, in a way. He needed to clear his head and think. Think about what Crispin had said, how he was feeling, about both himself and his situation in general…there was a lot to go over. Soon enough, he came to a stop—seeing that he’d found himself at a graveyard. He hadn’t really been aware that he’d been driving this way. He got off of his motorcycle, putting the kickstand up. Maybe this…wasn’t the best place to think things over. He felt his spark of confidence deflating already as he looked upon the graves. Still…this was something he was going to have to get used to, if he was going to ever be of any use to the Deathworshippers—or anyone, for that matter. He took a deep breath, and headed into the graveyard, averting his eyes from the graves as he walked. There were so many names…it was almost mind boggling. He didn’t know any of them…it begged a thought—would anybody know his name, if it ever ended up on one of these rocks? It was scary to think about…
He found a relatively clear spot near to the edge of the graveyard, sitting down to rest for a moment. At the very least, it was quiet here. Not much chance of being disturbed, even if people did show up. It would probably be a good place for him to think for a while…hopefully he’d get some things figured out…

⚸--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------⚸
An Unsure Murmur - Unravel
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:08 pm

✝✝✝ ▸ FALL, FALL ON YOUR KNEES ↘↘
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxa thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxyonder breaks a new and glorious morn

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 435b9e1d-cd1a-4f7e-ae73-c82e5e9054db_zpsvjo3vw4y

xxxx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 Cooltext1821461920_zpse4cc7ddb
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx۞ x long lay the earth, in sin and error pining xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx `till he appeared, and the soul felt his worth x۞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬【The Conqueror of Worlds】▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Very rarely did Cain go outside of the Hall of the Mountain King without Red Masque- he prided himself in his well constructed (albeit at times embarrassing) persona, and as time went on, more people knew the name 'Cain' than 'Red Masque'- and most who knew the latter didn`t relate the two as the same being. But, alas, today he abandoned his red cloak, his parasol, and his eerie mask- this was something he wanted to do as Cain. His superhuman perception that lead him toward the gene he had sensed brought him to the gates of the Graveyard where he manifested from a roaming flock of locust, white eyes pausing to observe the gate before he stepped forward, beginning to comb through the rows of graves. Of course, all while pretending to not notice the whitette on the opposing side of the yard.
His hand skimmed over each and every stone, as he observed particular names with fondness. Mario Falcone... Miles Grant... even ones like Vero Veeste and Cilia Draper- they were all familiar to Cain. He stopped in front of the stone with the name 'Yuri Dragovich - Kraven' engraved on it and wrinkled his nose, shaking his head before moving on. Another stone with 'Ivy - Just Ivy' engraved on it earned his attention next- he paused and stared, as if startled, before he chuckled and traced the slash made through the name with his finger. How endearing...
His eyes never once lifted up to Egil, and with each step he neared the boy- before finally stopping at a grave near where he sat, at the edge of the Graveyard. The name upon it was 'Xiu Siwang - The Mistress'. Again, he stared at it... before his gaze fell onto the stone nearly beside it- with the name 'Chelsea Mercy - Comeback Kid' across it. He lifted his hand, and from a swarm of locusts building in his palm manifested a very simple and white garden flower that he placed gently on the ground before Chelsea`s grave, before kneeling in front of Xiu`s, tenting his pale digits together, and lidding his eyes while he recited a quiet prayer under his breath. For a while, he was absolutely silent... until without opening his eyes, he spoke- apparently to Egil. "...This grave belongs to a late friend of mine... one I was really quite fond of... and that one..." He continued, referring to Chelsea`s grave. "...belongs to a young girl I murdered. I find it... almost cruel, that they are so close to each other..." He was quiet again for only a moment, as if in thought. "...I know this one as well..." He referred to CP-02`s grave, in between Chelsea and Xiu. "I am simply... surprised that he... has a grave. He was a machine. A... super computer- an android, as they call it. Though... I suppose that by the time of his passing he was much more than that. Coding and mechanics with it`s own set of ideals. Morals. More than what his creator bargained for... He was powerful, yes, but... I feel what he lacked was humanity. That was the advantage of Beaumont. Try as he may, CP-02 lacked... something raw. Something that cannot be made... only inherited..." Finally, one of his eyes opened to look at Egil curiously. "...Have you come to mourn as well?"   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cain`s Theme - Shadowlord
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:55 am

Egil Lykke
Umbra
even with yourself

Egil hadn't been getting very far with his thoughts--he'd hit a wall. Maybe he was better off with somebody to talk to--but he always felt bad, telling others about his problems. Even with Crispin...he felt guilty. Somehow, guilty that he was so...messed up. As he heard subtle footsteps through the graveyard, he glanced over at the source of the sound, his eyes widening as he saw who it was. He watched Cain with a quiet fascination--this was the same man that he'd seen earlier. The same man that he'd seen earlier exerting such otherworldly power--now here, in the graveyard...praying. He almost didn't realize he was staring, and as Cain began speaking, he was a bit startled, and abruptly looked away in embarrassment. However, as the man continued, he slowly looked over at him again. The man's voice, despite being ominous--it still delivered what sounded like sincere words. As far as Egil knew, they were sincere. People loved, and people killed...that was his life, this man's life, everyone's life...it was almost uncanny. Egil knew that the man before him possessed incredible power, but...he seemed so composed. So calm, and...natural. Human. As Cain's eye opened and settled upon him, Egil felt himself catch his breath--there were those eyes again. The eyes that looked so familiar to his own when he...
"I-I..." He stammered, trying to gather his courage to find his voice again. "I'm--...no. I'm not. You'd...think I would be, what with how obsessed the people I'm usually with are with death..." Keeping eye contact was both a struggle and necessity for Egil at this moment--he blinked several times, doing what he could to keep his eyes locked forward. Some part deep in the back of his mind was telling him to look down, or to the side--anywhere away, like he always did--but another part of him was keeping him rooted in place--telling him not to waste this. "I'm not...really sure why I'm here...I said I was coming to think, but--I'm just..." Confidence drained from him like water through a sieve as he continued--his gaze cast downward, and he felt his entire being droop. "I don't know what I'm doing. I never know what I'm doing." He sighed quietly, then, after a pause, forced himself to look up at Cain again. "...I can't stay like this. I want to change, and I know that I've got the kind of power that would probably let me do that--but everyone's been telling me no. They say that they're happy the way I am, but--I'm not happy the way I am. I...I really do want to change, but--I don't know how...And if I don't change fast, then...I'll be alone. Again." Just getting that simple statement out there felt like a weight off his chest--but he quickly realized that the man he was speaking to was a complete stranger--and he mumbled hurriedly, "S-S-Sorry. Y...You didn't ask about all that."

⚸--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------⚸
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 am

The Graveyard (Cannot be owned) - Page 2 435b9e1d-cd1a-4f7e-ae73-c82e5e9054db_zpsvjo3vw4y

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx۞ x long lay the earth, in sin and error pining xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx `till he appeared, and the soul felt his worth x۞

Cain patiently waited for Egil`s answer, trying to pretend he hadn`t noticed the whitette`s stutter- he had been hoping he hadn`t been coming off as imposing as he usually did...
He nodded when the whitette`s answer actually came, cracking what appeared to be a somewhat warm, sentimental smile. "I am very familiar with the Deathworshippers... I understand..." He hummed, opening his other eye but remaining on his knees in front of Xiu`s grave with his fingers intertwined. He hadn`t expected Egil to continue speaking- but when he did, he lifted his gaze to the younger male, listening curiously, something aside from neutrality or anger reflecting on his expression for once- he seemed genuinely interested, genuinely concerned about what Egil had to say. The longer he went on, however, the more Cain seemed to note his abnormal expression, and forced himself back into his usual deadpan demeanor. He was the first to look away, instead focusing on the grave beside him.
"...Egil..." He started calmly- revealing that he already knew the young man`s name. "...When I was a child, I was a dreamer. I dreamed of glory. I dreamed of a nice house on top of a hill with a white pickett fence going all the way around. I dreamed of happiness. Then... I woke up and I realized that I was still stuck in this prison, this rotten world, just like the rest of us... Until someone helped me realize I did not have to be a dreamer. They said that I would achieve everything I ever dreamed of and more. They said that I would change the world. 'They will chant your name and fear your hand. They will bow to you, boy.' And what a predicament we find ourselves in now... From what you have told me alone- I find myself hearing my own voice, seeing my own visage..." He said, never looking up at the boy he was speaking to. "...I never sleep but my visions come to me when I dream. They show me these mannequins posing as people. They are living in a world where they are intoxicated with their own vanity. But we all see symmetry in beauty. I have felt the sharp teeth of society. I know what it feels like to be thrown in some groveling pit where they all point down and laugh at me. But look at me now. I grow stronger by the day. And all it took... was a realization..." Finally, his eyes lifted back up to Egil, firmly meeting the other`s gaze. "The world does not have a voice of its own, Egil. It cannot tell you what it wants, what it needs. But... it is yearning for something to point it in the right direction. A savior, perhaps... " He blinked, coming to the realization himself that he hadn`t so much as introduced himself yet- and he had already been using this young man`s name. "...You must forgive me. I do not think I have had a chance to formerly introduce myself... I am Cain. But, I have a thousand faces and a million names.... seducer, accuser, destroyer... I am the color red in a world full of black and white... and I got my wings back later in life than you did. Do not wait, Egil. Save yourself." He lowered his eyes again, almost in consideration, before focusing back on Xiu`s grave. "...Would you mind coming closer? I would like to speak to you more. I would like to help..."  

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:53 am

Egil Lykke
Umbra
even with yourself

Egil seemed surprised, once again, when the man knew his name--however, he didn't feel like he should question it, for whatever reason. This was, after all, a pretty powerful person before him--maybe people like this man just knew those sorts of things. What fascinated him more so, really, was what Cain said after that. He felt something akin to a kindred spirit--or at least something close. Because, strangely enough, even though he'd only just met Cain--he could relate. He knew that nobody else back among the Ministry trusted this man--he had heard so many horror stories about the infamous villain, Cain--and yet, the person who was here with Egil now didn't seem like that description at all.  He knew that everyone back at the Ministry would tell him to leave, to get away as fast as he could--but did any of them, save Crispin, really matter all that much to Egil in the long run? Among those people back in that cathedral--none of them mattered but Crispin, as far as Egil was concerned. He had heard Crispin's opinion on this man, yes, but--he was far absorbed by Cain's words at this point. He was seriously having trouble seeing wrong in this man. And as much as he knew that everyone else would think that that was a bad thing--he wasn't going to deny his real feelings. Beyond everything else that he'd felt today--he felt a strange sort of hope in this conversation.
As Cain finished, Egil paused for a moment, remaining quiet, but his face full of surprise and intrigue. Slowly, he stood from where he was sitting, walking over close to Cain, holding himself with general awkwardness, but standing his ground all the same. Cain wanted to help--he'd said so. And Egil believed him, no doubts.

"I...I know that I'm probably more trouble than it's w-worth, but..." He trailed off slightly, frowning, his eyebrows furrowing. He looked away for a moment, but then closed his eyes and took a deep breath, opening up his eyes again and looking back at Cain. "I need help. I-I...I really do..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Cain watched Egil until the young man stood up- at which point he tented his hands again and lidded his eyes, waiting for the sound of Egil stopping to stand by him before speaking again, every word out of his mouth weighted by meaning. "...I am sure Kraven tells all of you-- the Ministry-- that I am a monster... and he is right. I am a monster, and oh- how cruel I can be. He would also have you believe that my message, my honorable message, is nothing but lies, and that I only wish to watch the world burn. And... I must admit, he is right again. I do wish to watch this world burn. I wish to watch it burn as a farmer watches his spoiled crops burn so they may rise up again. This world must be burned down so that it can be reborn. And it will be reborn in my image, the image of the Messiah. Kraven thinks that I do this, everything I do, all of this, I only do it for myself. And that, my friends, that is where...Yuri...is dead wrong. I do this for the children. I do this for the poor man that stands, day and night, begging on the side of the street starving because they didn't think he was smart enough to live in this world. I do this for the teenage girl who wakes up crying every morning when she looks in the mirror because they didn't think she was beautiful enough to be the prom queen. This is not for me-- this is something much bigger..." His eyes opened, gaze momentarily skimming over the name on the gravestone before him, before he close them again. "There is such beauty in a flame. It holds no prejudice. Anything can burn; you just have to find the right spark. Mountains must crumble. Oceans must boil. Everything that they have built must be turned to ash. But we are all just slaves to judgement. It is judgement that tells me that I must survive. It is judgement that tells me to adapt. And it is your judgement, Egil, that tells you it is right to fear me. But it is not the fear that sets men apart, Egil, it`s the distance they are willing to go. Where I am going... not many come back." He inhaled deeply, then sighed. "We all must learn to survive in a world so wicked. They cast our kind-- those with the killer gene, stronger and mightier than the average man-- they cast us out, toss them aside like a sack of garbage. But I took them in, I embraced them. We grew together, and we united together as brothers in the name of cause. Now, it appears that The Ministry have become just another set of pawns in Kraven`s sick little game. They`re guilty by association, and together they will burn..." His eyes opened abruptly, as if he had only then noticed what exactly he was telling the whitette- and then, he finally stood up from his knees to his full height. "But... do not worry, Egil, I am not going to hurt you ... unless I want to, that is. Understand something, Egil: since I have been on this Earth, I have done a lot of horrible things to a lot of good people. I am a monster. And I am man enough to admit when I am in the wrong. I was wrong about you, Egil." His gaze shifted to fix upon Egil`s own, making firm eye contact as he continued. "I viewed you as this miniscule little creature chasing this uphill war that you could never win. Let me ask you, child: How long are you willing to live this lie? How long until they discover that your dirty feet are soiling their red carpets? I understand you, Egil. I see you for what you really are. But they, they look at you like you are some circus clown- here for their amusement. They look at you like a gorilla in a cage, son. I see the monster in you. They cannot love you, not like I can, Egil. And I understand that together, together we tear the walls of this place; together we force them to beg; together we can bring the machine to its knees, Egil. Open your eyes-- I have seen them before, I noticed them-- they aren`t far from similar to my own. You have potential... you have power... and yet, Kraven refuses to dirty his hands with you-- not like he would for his own daughter. But... to someone like me... our bond is much stronger than an immediate bloodline." His tranquil calm wasn`t gone- but his words were aflame with something like Cain`s version of passion. He meant his words-- and it showed. "I remember the first time that I was ever struck with truth. The taste was bitter and...so intense. But, I liked it. It was something real. Free will has become man`s biggest illusion. They promise it to you just in time to take it away again. And what have they left us with? What have we become? Just a nation full of mindless sheep, led by wolves and owned by pigs. But I was thinking, tonight... tonight would be what a wonderful night for change... What a wonderful night for change indeed. I was thinking tonight they have left the power in your hands. Those fools. Tonight, free will does exist. Tonight, you make a choice." He turned his body to full face Egil, even bending his knees just slightly to be able to look the other in the face-- he needed to know he was serious. "How would you like to join me in the Church of Crime? I can teach you. Nobody knows you better than I do; they could never know you like I do. You will be safe with us... you will enter the lion`s den a mere man-- and emerge a monster."

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Egil Lykke
Umbra
even with yourself

It was a strange mixture of fear and fascination that Egil held as he stood there--he could feel his hands trembling. He hung on Cain's every word as the man spoke--and as he went on, Egil only felt his inner conflict become greater still. He was scared to accept these words--but then again, he was also scared of what he might miss if he refused. He'd told himself so many times before that he'd try to change himself--but every method he'd come up with had failed. This man here, was offering him something different--it was new, it was scary, and--it had potential of working.
Egil glanced away for a moment as Cain brought up the different attitudes Kraven held for him and Inna--that much was true, and Egil had to acknowledge it. In fact, as Cain continued talking, everything he was saying began to sound more and more accurate. The only variable factor in this equation was Crispin. Crispin was the one who saw him as an equal--however, had those above them in the Ministry ever seen Crispin as anything more than inconsequential? Just like Egil himself...he began to realize that Crispin held just about the same amount of regard with Kraven as Egil himself did. Crispin hadn't realized it yet, though--that must have been it. As Egil thought about it--he realized that he wasn't the only one suffering from this. Cain was right--there were innumerable people all over the world, probably, stuck in similar situations of distress and downtroddenness. And there were probably plenty more people like Kraven out there--tyrants that didn't care for the people that worshipped them. Egil looked back at Cain again, opening his mouth to speak, but feeling nothing come out. He couldn't put it into words--the fact that he'd realized Cain's meaning, and the fact that it was so obvious--fire did burn everything all the same. The tyrants and the forgotten were on different levels now--but they couldn't stay that way. They had to be equalized. If that could happen--nobody would ever degrade him, Crispin--or anyone.
Cain's proposition surprised Egil--he was still practically speechless. Free will--equalization--a chance for change...but could he bear this? He considered Cain's final words--did he have the strength to be anything more than a man? Then again...Cain did genuinely seem to care--and it had become fairly clear to Egil that if he simply remained a man, he would never change. He beat down the cringing, writhing snake of doubt and conflict in the back of his mind. He'd never made a difference before in his life--he'd never thought he'd be able to make a difference--but now, he was being given the chance. And maybe, once he'd changed and taken his life into his own hands...he'd be able to get Crispin out of the Minisry, out to somewhere better--and they'd be alright...together, someday...
Egil took a deep breath, steeling himself. He had to say something--and if he didn't take the leap now, he knew he never would.

"...I want to try," he managed to speak finally, letting out the breath he'd been holding, slowly feeling some feeling welling up inside of himself as he spoke--something in between anxiety and calm that he didn't particularly recognize. "If you'll have me...I'll go."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:29 am

Cain waited with bated breath for Egil`s response, never once moving or speaking. His eyes searched Egil`s own for a hint of his answer- while Cains`s perception was above superhuman, granting him the ability to sense things from miles away, he fell short when it came to reading the emotions of others- something that had always bothered him significantly.
When the whitette`s answer came, Cain restrained himself from allowing his expression to betray his mild surprise. He was silent in the moments after, before finally, a thin smile etched at his lips. A genuine one- an almost fatherly one. "...Excellent." He responded calmly, stopping to glance back down at Xiu`s grave. He summoned another small bunch of flowers from a cloud of locust building in his palm, and gently laid it on top of the stone, his smile disappearing as he did. "...Fate is a strange beast...but, with guidance, it is possible to tame it. Stay with me." With a passing breeze, Cain dispersed into a flock of locusts, disappearing from sight- the very same insects devoured Egil as they passed him, transporting him to the Hall of the Mountain King, where he would begin his life with the Church of Crime.

(EXIT EGIL AND CAIN)

Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2