Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here)

+7
Raven Todd
The Hidden Spring
Not Manchee
PumpkinCrew
MercutianUnknown
Akikazemoon
Amazing Pan-Sensei
11 posters

Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here)

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:47 pm

Alright so I've been getting kind of bothered by the lack of activity on Newts for the last few weeks, also, as we all know only my RPs have managed to stick as long term RPs since the dawn of this website's existence. So I'm going to try something. I really want to see someone else's creative work making it big here, I want to see one of you make something that can break even with No Man's Land or surpass it. So I'm going to run a contest. You pitch your RP ideas here, for large role plays, about as big as No Man's Land, possibly larger. The winner of this contest will have their RP made as the third large RP of Newts, and I will help you start it. So if you're concerned that you don't know how to run an RP, or make it, you need not worry, I will help you with it to the very end. Any RP of any genre is accepted, and I would like EVERYONE to try and pitch something! Even if you think you can't run RPs, or don't have good ideas, you never know. You may pitch multiple ideas. In the pitch, explain the general synopsis, how you want the RP to be formatted, and just about any other information you can come up with.

There will be three rounds of this contest, the first round will take the longest. In the first round, I will narrow down the pitches to the ones I think are doable, and anyone who has submitted multiples ideas will have ONE of their ideas picked to move forward. In the second round, I will narrow down the ideas to TWO RP pitches. And finally, in the third, I will talk to both owners of the two ideas. It is very likely they will be lengthy conversations where I will attempt to question you in detail. I will finally pick which of the pitches will be made in this round. Once it is picked we will work post-haste on the idea until it is ready to be open.

There is no format for any pitches, tell me your idea in whatever way flows best.

Some things I'd like to point out: (Please note that I am only saying this from my history running these things on the internet, you need not follow this advice, but I'd recommend you take it to heart.)

1. Remember that you are pitching a roleplay idea, not a book or a videogame. Keep your ideas character focused, and keep them from being too plot heavy. In my experience the best RPs are those that give you a framework to start in the roleplay, but don't put you on rails.

2. Look at what else is doing well. In this situation, No Man's Land. Consider why it may be doing well and that may help you make your idea better. It goes to say, you might want to make sure your RP isn't too similar to whatever else there is on this site. If you make something too similar to what else is here already, people will be less likely to be interested.

3. Keep face claims in mind, unless your roleplay will not use any pictures or will require original art work. Sadly it is more difficult to get pictures for some settings than others. This should NOT affect your idea too harshly, if you want to do something that hasn't been done before, or is more difficult to find face claims for- still go at it if you like the idea. I'm just saying that if your idea takes place in a world where everyone has purple skin, three arms, and a unicorn horn.... you may want to reconsider.

4. Please please please don't be scared to do something that is really unorthodox. You trying to do an idea that's too standardized within a genre or setting is... boring. I cannot emphasize this anymore that I already have, try your best to do something interesting.

5. Please come up with an idea that is your own creative work. Do not make a Bleach, or Star Wars, Pokemon, etc RP. I want to see something creative, not something that is set in a world that is not of your making. Do not misread this, that does NOT mean you can't draw inspirations from other works. Drawing inspirations from what you like is absolutely necessary! There is no such thing as a 100% original idea, and if you REALLY think your idea is something that no one has ever remotely done before- that probably means its a bad idea.

6. I'm cheating on this one, this really has to do more with the contest. Be on your best behavior, especially because I'm very judgmental of people and I'm judging this contest. Please have some sportsmanship. No sabotaging, or being butthurt because your idea wasn't picked. Chances are if you get all "..." and "Oh okay I guess I'm horrible at everything" because YOUR idea wasn't picked, I'm going to want to never talk to you again. Because that's annoying. You won't get any sympathy, it's just you victimizing yourself. Also, if you're generally kind of trashing other peoples' ideas on the Newts Chat I probably won't pick yours- as good as your idea may be-

7. PLEASE try, no matter what try to submit something. I really want to see work from ALL of you, I really really want to see what you're all capable of. And I'll say it again, you never know, especially if you've never done it before. If you don't think you can actually run this RP, that you just have a good idea, I'll do my best to run it for you and help you make your idea a reality. You have absolutely no reason NOT to at least try!

8. Keep in mind that you are designing a large RP, not a small one. That means multiple location threads, multiple subforums, and more importantly: Lebi making a shit ton of characters. So please design accordingly. If you have an idea that is on a smaller scale then this- make it on the Roleplays subforum, this contest is for larger RPs.

9. Finally, if your idea does not get picked, it's fine if you ask why. I will answer you truthfully, but please be able to take criticism if you do ask. Chances are I'll point out that your idea isn't perfect and if you can't take that you probably just shouldn't ask. To be honest I'll be judging more on whether or not I think everyone as a whole on this website will enjoy it, so your idea not getting picked may just be "I don't think it would do well on Newts".
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty RP Idea Entry

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:10 pm

The world below met with an unknown fate--and people took to the skies. Historical records began anew in the world of Novum, a cluster of islands that have the mysterious power to float upon the air in the sky. People planted their new civilizations upon these islands, creating the world that everyone lives in today. The year is Novus Era 354, and civilization has just dawned unto the advent of steam-powered machinery. There are five major islands that have been populated--Arciatis, the bustling commerical capital of Novum, Viritano, the pacifistic and gorgeous country of water, Orditrum, the segmented and dictatoristic industrial country, Anteraia, the jungle-covered and history-rich country of civilization built over ruins, and Juddenova, the anarchistic country of shadows, no laws, and the lives of the daring--and also the biggest hub of the mysterious black market that seems to have holdings in each of the countries, without the knowledge of the common public.
This isn't to say that more countries won't be discovered, though--airships have just been invented, allowing explorers to sail across the skies in search of new lands--which may house fabulous treasure, but also may house some nasty denizens, as well! All the while, inventors are busy tinkering away, creating all sorts of new technology with the advent of steam--while scholars work to uncover the ancient mysteries of the strange, ancient powers of these floating islands, and the world that civilization left behind, now commonly known as Antiquus.
The story of the RP will be very character-driven, and will differ depending on what types of characters are created by the RPers. Many different options for characters will be open to RPers, and each character would get their own turn in the spotlight, when their time came. The world is very open, allowing for exploration and discovery. New locations will be added as the plot progresses and continues to grow. There's a whole world out there just waiting to be developed and explored--just waiting for the characters to be put in to develop it!
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty Shifters

Post  MercutianUnknown Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 pm

This is a fantasy world wtih a futuristic level of magically powered technology inhabited by shape shifting human beings who have the ability to turn into either an specific animal or creature however they retain a certain number of features of said animal or creature in their human form... When they transform they transform into the animal or creature's size and if the animal is smaller than them they turn into multiples equal to their mass but if the animal is more than twice their size they can only turn into a version of their animal equal to twice their mass... If their  if the animal is smaller they can turn into an equal number of creatures as their mass... Magic is restricted to Shifting and Objects with magic which are accessible pretty easily but they aren't powerful magic, they're just enchanted to say, the magic improves what they would do normally... no spoons that turn people to stone, magic spoons make soup taste better at most, no magic swords that turn into other weapons just swords that cut better or can't be weakened or destroyed.

Just to break up the characters a little; there is a division between the people based on what creature kind they are.... Mammals, Reptile/Bird, Amphibian/Fish, Insect... This division is known and is socially present like divisions of race but very few think of it in derogatory ways... there is no particular waring between the three kinds just a classification... Mammalian Shifters are called Beastlings, Reptile/Bird Shifters are called Wyverians, Amphibian/Fish Shifters are Submerians, and Insects Shifters are Grublings.

However in this kind of culture there would be a few stereotypes;
Beastlings: are known for their strength and durability; but also are thought to be a savage at times.
Wyverians: are known for their intelligence and speed; but are thought to be arrogant
Submerians: are known for their skill in the water and survival skills; but are thought to be secretive and seclusive as they tend use the water to hide out.
Grublings: are known for their stealth and adaptability but thought to be untrustworthy and sneaky.

The general setting should be something along the lines of either a city (or if you're tired of those at this point) a system of small towns 2-3 of different kinds... probably three with different sizes, very near one another and each with 3-6 locations... The main plot idea is that an anarchist cell of collaborative Shifters trying to blow stuff up lead around by a crazed terrorist who has no care in the World or for it that matter, Think Dark Knight Joker, they simply want to cause disorder and strife for everyone around them and the leader of the towns has to pull all nearby capable hands to stop them... If you wanna use it change what ever you want from this paragraph ^ this parts just suggestions.

Last edited by MercutianUnknown on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A little more plot, more specifics on shifters)
MercutianUnknown
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty Re: Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here)

Post  PumpkinCrew Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Following a mysterious event that occurred in the early half of the 21st Century, all modern technology completely ceased to function.  Cars, computers, airplanes, anything more advanced than 18th-Century flintlock technology simply stopped working and could not be recreated.  This sudden loss of technology caused the world to descend into chaos and most of the world’s governments collapsed.  However, something else resulted from the world’s loss of technology: magic returned to the world.  Having concealed themselves for centuries, magic practitioners across the world decided that it was time to reveal themselves once more.  Without technology and the ability to recreate it, humanity would need magic more than ever.

Magic works by forming connections with gods and spirits and drawing power from them.  Faith and belief form the strongest of bonds with gods and spirits, so magic is very much heavily influenced by religion, with practitioners of different faiths possessing different styles and traditions of magic and spell-casting as well as different kinds of spells, as they draw their power from different sources depending on which deities they worship.  Anyone can learn to use magic, but one must have the necessary knowledge to utilize it and some have a greater talent for it than others.  Mages are ranked from F to S, with F-rank mages possessing absolutely no ability and S-rank mages being so powerful that they are considered miracle workers.  

Six centuries have passed since the loss of technology and the resurgence of magic, and it is now the year 2632.  Society has settled into something similar to a recreation of the Late Middle Ages or the Renaissance.  Magic is now fairly commonplace in much of the world as well, but every country has different customs and laws regarding the use of magic, with some fully embracing it and others banning it outright.  

Currently, there are four major powers that exist in the world. Of these four powers, the most famous is the cosmopolitan Holy Roman Imperial Federation, otherwise known simply as “The Empire”.  With territory spanning the entirety of continental Europe and much of northern Africa, it is one of the largest countries in the world, and among the most intimidating. The Empire is not famous because of its size, however.  The true source of the Empire’s fame is that it is the world’s foremost center of magical study and development and is home to the most prestigious of magic academies. The Empire has few true rivals in the area of magic and Imperial mages are the most admired in the world.  As a consequence, magic is incredibly common throughout the Empire and most anyone has the opportunity to learn magic so long as they can afford it, the only restriction being that Water magic is banned, as water is a key component for the creation of life.

The country is ruled by the Catholic Church, with the pope serving as both religious head and secular emperor; each of the Empire’s individual provinces are governed by numerous secular nobles united under the pope-emperor’s rule. However, some nobles have grown tired of the church’s rule.  Desiring to overthrow the pope and establish a completely secular monarchy, these rebellious, ambitious nobles have begun a civil war to remove the church from power.  The nobles are many and are perfectly capable of winning the war, but the Church is not without its allies.  Some nobles have remained loyal to the pope and fight against their rebellious brethren.  And more factions remain: knight orders, magic academies, arms corporations, mage associations, mercenaries, and so on.  All have something to lose or gain depending on which side wins the war and all have their own loyalties and ideals.  And, of course, the Empire’s foreign rivals will want to take advantage of the instability wrought by this civil war. No doubt they will send their agents, but how will they get involved?  Will they take sides and offer their assistance? Or will they attempt to annihilate both the rebellion and the church alike? Only time will tell and, of course, the actions of the individuals who take part in these events.  A single person can change the fate of an entire nation, after all…

So, whose side will you take?  Will you aid the rebellion and further their ambition? Or will you uphold the status quo as a defender of the church?  Maybe you’ll be a foreign agent, acting as the eyes and ears for your country, assisting and foiling the plans of the church or the rebellion. It’s your decision, but be sure to choose wisely~

PumpkinCrew
Cabbage Overlord
Cabbage Overlord

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty Re: Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here)

Post  Not Manchee Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:56 pm

HERE GOES MY THINGY THING THAT I AM FORCED TO DO...(woah I might have to add or change a few things cause I forgot some stuffs, oopsies)

So it's the year 2014. Suddenly, an epidemic breaks out; people are getting an unknown disease, later named named Pansius, that paralyses their organs slowly... Most of the victims die painfully and in agony, but there were a few miracle cases, people that survived with no explanation.

Fast forward 6 months- a massive explosion originating in the Sydney Opera House kills thousands, it is assumed to be a terrorist attack. That is, until a security camera is salvaged, along with footage of a young man...who appears to be the center of the explosion. All still seems like a terrorist attack- until the young man is spotted in Copenhagen without a scratch on him. After further investigation the UN makes a worldwide announcement: a new race has appeared. The miracle cases, the ones who survived the Pansius disease, suffered a mutation in their DNAs - so not exactly NEW race but shhhh - and some have started developing incredible abilities. The politically correct term for them is just "mutants", but a range of other names "freaks", "monsters", "ugly", "pansies" (get it?), etc, have been adopted by the general public.

The mutant community remained hesitant to show itself willingly; the luckiest were left with their regular bodies and faces, so they were still able to live their lives fairly normally, hiding from the world, but many suffered mutations that were not as kind. The huge wave of suicides that followed this announcement was made up mostly of these "deformed" mutants, while various others were killed by anti-mutant fanatics, or just people that were scared. The few that survived chose to seek peace in the abandoned subway stations and sewer networks, quietly feeding their resentment for regular humankind. The brave ones came out into the world, promising that they were not dangerous, though these were constantly hunted down by a whole new community of humans, anti-mutant fanatics who want the world to go back to normal.

Alliances will be made, families will be torn, things will be blown up! How will the world adapt to this extreme change?

Wow that was not fun to write. But yeah, I was thinking something X-Men inspired cause I really like that... Factions are something I'd like to be a thing here, but I want the characters to form them rather than have pre-made ones that you just select on your profile. ALSO one particular thing that I had in mind was like...CREATIVE mutations, just cause I'm tired of having everyone go for energy blasts and fire stuff and all of that... Discrimination of the mutant kind is something that I imagine being really strong here, and I have a few origin things in mind that could end up being kinda cool maybe, so yeh. No magical or futuristic world...just literally mutants plopped into our modern world, see how it would play out and things.
CHEE, OUT.

Last edited by Not Manchee on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty Power of the Elements (RP Idea)

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:58 am

Alright, so, here we go. After many hours of thinking...alright yeah!

It's the current year, and everything is normal. Current tech, current normalcy and stuff. There are iphones and 3DS's and such things. The story takes place in a small town whole as Halia, somewhere on the East Coast. The town is fairly good sized, there are several neighborhoods, everyone may or may not know each other, and it's a car/bike ride to get to the 'city' area, which is basically where everyone hangs out and where all the parents go to work and such.
Halia Highschool is one of the more popular schools in the town, and most of the kids go there. It's a private charter school, and it's your fairly normal, run of the mill type charter school. It has clubs, sports, school events, everything like that.

The day right before school starts, all the freshman and incoming transfer students all come together at the school for a picnic, and meet each other and the teachers and what not, but that's when it happens. A storm rages, destroying everything. Students from the picnic are picked up in the storm and are thrown about. However, the chosen few are sent to a plain far beyond human comprehension. It's a miracle they are alive. While there, they are gifted with abilities that no human could possibly have. A voice tells them that an entity called 'The Alseer' is coming, and they are the only ones who can stop them. They have four years to stop this thing before he kills everything in exsistance. After hearing those words, they awaken.
After waking up after the storm, and going home, they start to wonder what happened to them, and what kind of abilities they have.
These chosen are given the Power of the Elements.

The Elements are as follows: Earth, Fire, Water, Wind, Lightning, Poison, Wood, Light, Darkness, Sound, Mind, Life, Energy, Metal, and Strength. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and though they are predetermined elements, the player can be creative on how it is used.  
The RP is a Slice of Life/Adventure, about these highschool students with these powers over the elements, while at the same time trying to lead a somewhat normal life. They all come together and learn about each other, and try and control their powers, while fighting agents of the Alseer. Though each element user has powers by themselves by combining elements with each other, they can do attacks that they couldn't do alone. The RP leaves quite a good amount of space for character development, wiggle room for other characters, like normal humans, and other little things that can make Halia more dangerous/safe to be. Also, depending on who characters are friends with in the RP can alter it slightly, and it's all taken into consideration. This being said, it also leaves a good amount of room for people to expand on the Alseer, and what he does and how he does things.

That's what I got. Thanks for reading. =3
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty I'm calling this Tales of Fearie for now.

Post  Raven Todd Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:24 pm

This is a world full of tales of faeries and other fantastic creatures. Though that's not to say everyone chooses to believe in these stories. Whether or not they know it, faeries are real and among us.
These faeries exist in our world and their own.  Four courts have been established. Though not all faeries choose to live under these courts.
Solitary Fey- fey who exist either on their own or in groups. These particular fey have to be particularly crafty to be able to thrive without the help of a monarch to provide for them. These fey also can be found quite often among human society, though this is not a trait of all of them, fey can be mischievous and enjoy toying with mortals who are unaware they are even there. solitary fey tend to have the most opportunity to do this as courts can make decrees concerning how their fey treat the mortals in the area where the court is located.

Summer Court- The Summer Court is ruled by a king . The court is based around the season of both summer and spring.  The fey in this court are the sort who like to frolic and indulge their passions, not as dangerously for the mortals who may get involved as with the dark court but these fey if they lost control could potentially hurt humans in a moment of passion. One of the type in this fey are a summer fey similar to nymphs with vines growing on their bodies.  The summer court and winter court serve as each other's counter and balance. This court generally doesn't take mortals with ill intent, typically just for consensual pleasure.

Winter Court- The winter court is ruled by a queen. The court is composed of those who are at home in the cold, lupines and etc. These fey can be described as stoic, serious, and even potentially sadistic, depending on the type of fey they are. These fey are caring about their kin and queen though. This court in balance and counter to the summer court.

Dark Court- The Dark Court is composed of the so called "Evil" fey and is ruled by a scared but beautiful Gancanagh, a type of fey that is addictive to mortal  particularly after having sex with them.  They've been branded as thus because these faeries deal with darker elements of society such as sex, death, and blood.  There are evil faeries in the court, but a lot of them have merely just accepted their nature. These faeries may steal and keep humans as play things. The high court and Dark court serve as each other's counter and balance.

High Court- The high court is ruled by an ancient and logical queen. The entire court thinks entirely logically. though there are people in the court who merely suppress their own emotions for one reason or another.  These people are particularly reverent  of their queen as she literally determines the reality around her.  The High court is the only court still located in the original home world of faerie, though High court fairies can choose to spend time in the human world. The Dark court is this courts balance and counter.

People could choose to play any of these types of fairy or a human. In this world there are humans  who have the sight, the ability to see mortals. Though majority of these people go out of their way to not be noticed by the fairies as the more aware of them you are the more they can hurt you.  The personalities of the fairies and humans can widely differ.  So what is listed above in the description of the court isn't a personality mandate but an outline of what the courts are like and the type of people that generally occupy them.  Counters and Balances exist as means of keeping one court from drastically over powering the others. For example if the high court queen stopped balancing the dark king he would begin to go mad. These courses are also weak when fighting each other. For example, at one point the summer king and winter queen were lovers and whenever they made love to each other it would result in them hurting each other in some fashion, burns on her, frost bite on him.
I will probably come back and edit this later. The plot right now is probably human/ faery conflict or court conflict.
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty The Mysteries of Silver Springs

Post  MochaLatte Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Here's my idea, have fun.

Silver Springs is a moderate sized town that has almost everything you could think of. A school and college? Got it. A market place and diner? Got it. A pharmacy? Maybe a lake? Say no more. A place for young people? You must be joking to think that they don't have that! A creepy hotel? PFFFT! What do you take us for? The only thing they don't have is dirty beds, don't ask why. Yep there is nothing wrong with this town...

OR IS THERE!?

Yes, the town of Silver Springs is quite normal to the normal visitor or completely dumb ones. Silver Springs is full of mysteries despite it's looks. It's now the beginning of the year and some new people have come to town, either they're moving there, for work, for school, or perhaps something more. Though they will think the old residents of Silver Springs are probably the dumbest or strangest characters they'll ever meet there is something strange happening. So what will they do? Accept it as part of their lives? Or maybe they will get to the bottom of these mysterious happenings in the sleepy town of Silver Springs

This RP is going to be a Slice of Life/Supernatural/Mystery RP about the people either living or moving in to Silver Springs. There is going to be a different mysteries placed in different areas of the town. The people who are interested in solving the mysteries will come together and try to solve each mystery presented to them. They will encounter strange creatures, weird scenarios, and maybe perhaps... Love? Who knows! Anything can happen in Silver Springs.

This is what I got so far. Have fun thinking up whatever your thinking about XP.
MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty RP idea thing.

Post  Emu Queen Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:58 pm

aWRIGHT so i kinda have to do this i guess---

Like, the concept itself is honestly really simple. The year is 1860, a bit into the Victorian Era- and there are superheroes and super villains and shit. It`s based around a huge league of international superheroes (think Justice League Unlimited!) doing super awesome superhero things. The setting is---all over the place tbh. Probably primarily London, since that`s where the whole base of operations thing is, but it`ll be spread out through Asia, Africa, and America, with location threads all over the place. That way, it`ll be easier to have a million characters without being overwhelming (cOUGHLEBICOUGH). The huge league is commonly split into smaller ones that mainly head out to other continents and deal with cool shit over there. Obviously, it`s not supposed to be that historically accurate, because aliens and super powers are a thing. It heavily follows comic logic. But, nationalism is still a thing, so conflict between the good guys is really probable. And wanted because yes. The main conflict itself is really simple too-- just heroes vs. villains, with the occasional bigger threat they have to get together to fight. The big superhero league will probably have some legion of doom-esque counterpart with total Saturday morning cartoon villain-goals. Yeah. Really aiming for a more classic-superhero mood with this thing; meaning all the heroes and villains will probably have aliases and maybe secret identities and stuff.

Extremely character-driven. Would also prefer non-conventional superpowers if a character has powers. Conventional ones can be cool too, though, because playing with tropes is awesome. I know the whole Victorian Era thing might sound like it`ll be hard to find pictures for; but it`s like so incredibly unlikely that I`ll reject any sort of picture. Just do whatever. 

(maybe a WIP-- i`ll probably add more to it before Friday, but this is just the bare basics.)  
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:38 am

Once upon a time-
No. Scratch that. No generic fairy tale ideas for Newts, of all places.

It all started with peace, as many things do. A nation united under common goals, with a great variety of people living within it. And for quite some time, this peace held true- all five of the nation’s types of magic users resided together happily, working together both to survive and improve themselves.

Yet no peace can last forever. Every group, together long enough, finds ways to argue and disagree. And, after some time of mindless, small disputes- one group finally crossed the line, and war broke out among them. Alliances were made and broken, people were killed, and the nation descended into chaos.

They fought for quite some time- no one group gaining any advantage. The strife was taking huge tolls on the lives of the people- and so, a few select individuals from each group, some of their strongest and smartest, gathered together to try and find a solution.

After some time of arguing and negotiating, they decided that each of the five elemental groups would create a city of their own, and that the population would split- and that each group would from that point on forever be entombed behind the walls of the cities. The Air element went east, the Fire element went south, Water to the west, Earth to the north- and the final, fifth element- Spirit- moved to the center of these, allowing itself to be a trading center for those who need it.

Peace fell again. Each of the groups started recovering from their losses, and it seemed to all that the new system would work. Yet greed and the thirst for power seems to reside in the hearts of all…

The city created for Spirit, center of commerce, melding pot of the now separate elements, was growing stronger. Their magic and technology was advancing faster than ever, and the other groups started to grow weary. And with fear, comes violence…

Working together, the other four elements struck out at the city of Spirit, using all their strength and knowledge to develop a clear cut strategy of extermination. They struck on the day of the most holy festival for the spirit-users- when most would be in the streets and less likely to avoid the attacks. Completely unsuspecting and unable to react quickly to fight back, the spirit-users were all but eliminated- leaving behind a smoking, rubble filled ruin in their absence.

To this day, this attack has been know as ‘The Purge’. There are virtually no spirit-users left that anyone knows of- all seems to have calmed and the threats, no more. Yet in the shadows, things are stirring which no man, woman, nor child should have to face…

The decision is yours. Choose an element- Air, Fire, Water, or Earth- and pick your role. How shall you help fight the growing enemy that threatens every city?

(Basically, this is really long and dramatic and I kind of went all text-wall-ish. I apologize. But I got a little into it and I want people to have a clear idea of what’s going on. There will four available elemental groups, almost like clans, which characters can be a part of. Hybrids and members of the Spirit group will be unavailable without express permission, as not many of them would exist. If picked, the ideas for the cities that I have will be developed more and explained, as well as a bit more information on the antagonists. The time setting is a bit hard to pinpoint, but it’s almost a sort of dystopian WWI era AU, with technology tweaks. I’m not expecting there to be any real advanced technology but very primitive guns would be accepted- yet I picture most in this world relying on their magic if they have to fight. Of course, each element has different things that it can control, and if chosen I’ll go into that- but I think this is long enough as is without me going into every little detail. This is sort of just a history section with some extra things tossed in so you get an idea of what’s going on. And again. I apologize for the wall. xD)
Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Create-a-Newts RP Contest (Please post pitches here) Empty Um Books and stuff

Post  dbzhardcore Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:39 pm

So umm...yea...couldn't think of one till now...sorry!

It was all a normal, peaceful, boring day in the small town of um a town. Everything was fine when suddenly the sky lit up and something was falling from it. 25 people were hit with books. These people were confused and tried to open up the books when they realized that they couldn't. They were then teleported to another world. A place that is desolate. They were all confused and started to talk to one another. To get to know each other better. When all of a sudden, up at the sky there were 5 people who called themselves the Gods of the Universe and told them all that they were here to kill each other with what was in their books until the last one survives and could be teleported home. Before they could object, they were all transported to different locations on the small world as it's now a fight to the death.

The rp is basically a mystery/horror as people are going to have turmoil and interactions with themselves and other people they see. Will the others become friends or enemies to them? It's basically a survival game as well with the planet not having a lot of resources and trying to find sources of food and water is going to be hard. The climate becomes random every few weeks and basically their books contain spells in them. It can be spell with fire, maybe death, could be even about predicting about the future. There are weapons in the planet as well if people need them for survival. Even though it is desolate, there are a few animals here and there if lucky enough. Some are friendly while others are deadly. The big twist in the books is that it brings out the worst of you. It's basically your dark side that is in your book and the more you use it, the more vicious and cruel you become. You won't know it at first but you will know the more you do use it when side effects are shown

So ummmmm yeah that's my idea and sorry for thinking of an idea now!
dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down