Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi)

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi) Empty Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi)

Post  The Hidden Spring Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi) Graveyard

When the earth was young, souls whom passed on were judged in purgatory, where they would either be sent to Heaven, if they're good deeds outweighed the bad, or Hell, if they were unredeemable. This process of judgement was long....painful...and extremely inefficient. I mean honestly, it took FOREVER! Souls were being backed up and it was becoming QUITE the mess. Satan, the man/woman with the plan, decided that it was time to change things around. Now, it runs like your everyday business. Things are quickly taken care of, no loose ends, and they got coffee breaks back. Coffee breaks were goot.
Brice Nebuchadnezzar, the most recent secretary of purgatory, is FINALLY getting the job of his dreams...if he had dreams...which he didn't. In some ways he didn't give two and a half shits, but even he had to admit, the pay and atmosphere in Hell was WAY better then this shit hole. Before going, Neb has to train the newest secretary...and everything turns upside down when Joy took that first seat.

Last edited by The Hidden Spring on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi) Empty Re: Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi)

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi) HijikataToushirou6001236807_zps2d7cf5da
Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker
"When life starts to matter...give me a call..."
Brice's Theme- Nothing but Shadow

"Congrats Neb. Your application has been processed and you're going to be moving into your new position by weeks end." Neb's boss, Cerberus, said to him. Brice nodded, taking a long drag from his cigarette, nodded at him and got up.
"About fucking time...they're slow as fuck." he muttered, about to walk out. "Later." he held his hand up.
"Wait! Hold on! You don't go in until next week!" Cerberus said. "It's technically paid vacation, but your replacement is in, and well, we need you to train her. This is a big job, so..." Neb turned around a bit and...let out a sigh. "Fine...whatever..." he said, and sulked his way back toward his desk, his cigarette never leaving his lips. He got back and sat on his desk. The office was on break so no one else was in there.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi) Empty Re: Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi)

Post  Raven Todd Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi) Joy-demonicera15_zps3cabe3d5
Joy Sunshine
Joy

Is there anyone else I need to put on the racks today?!
Several minutes later the sound of foot steps, skipping to be more precise could be heard going through the  quiet office. Soon Neb would hear happy humming as Joy made her way though the establishment. The higher ups had remembered to remind Neb he had to train her, but not to leave someone to guide her through the office. Not that she minded. Hell would freeze over before Joy lost her smile.
Either way she liked getting a chance to explore her new workplace unimpeded. Though in all honesty, purgatory could use some redecorating. This kind of decor would never bring a smile to the poor lost souls waiting in line. She would need to fix that!
Joys skipping came to a halt as she noticed Neb. She smiled, squeezing her clipboard and ruler to her chest and walked over to him. Her happy aura in complete contrast to his rather lifeless one, or rather un-enthused to be nice to the poor man.

Hello there!
Simply one hell of a secretary <3
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Purgatory Promotion (A 1x1x1 Hidden, Raven, Levi) HijikataToushirou6001236807_zps2d7cf5da
Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"Oh god what is this thing? What the fuck? What the fuck is that thing on her face...looks like a worm where her mouth is..." he thought and took another long drag, blowing it into the office. After a bit he shook his head.
"Sure..." he got up. "I'm Brice Nebuchadnezzar...yeah." he showed her the desk. "You work here...and waste away for hours to judge souls...and whatever." he said, pointing at the chair. "Sit."

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy continued to smile at Neb despite his lackluster response.  She was sure she could fix that. Changing a persons disposition was easy. You just needed to expose them to the right environmental factors. Maybe if the colors in the office were brighter he would smile? Maybe that was why he was such a sad sacK?!
She sat down excitedly, straightening out her clip board and noticeably thick ruler. She held out a hand to the man, smiling at him in what seemed to be amusement.  

My names Joy. Joy Sunshine. You really have a downtrodden  attitude, you know that, Mr. Brice? This job is much more than "wasting away for hours and whatever." hehe  
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"Yeah...this job does that...fucking hell." he took the cigarette from his mouth and smothered it in the already filled to the brim ash tray. He reached into his pocket, getting a box and flicking it open. He took one into his mouth and then lit it with a lighter that was in his vest pocket. He turned to Joy, who had her hand out and was still talking. He dropped a cigarette in that hand. "You'll need to take the edge off somehow." he said, and then went to answer the question. "Yeah, it's about judgement and all that stupid shit. The cabinet holds all the files you'll have to deal with in a day. Night staff updates it, so yeah. You also get a computer for sorting and emails and stuff." he took a long drag and then blew it out into the office.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:02 am

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy eyed the ash tray as Neb smothered his cigarette. It didn't take much to guess he smoked very frequently. She looked between him and the cigarette he'd placed in her palm, still smiling but with a confused look in her eye. Joy was always positive! She never needed to take the edge off! She rolled the cigarette between her fingers as Neb spoke. 
Judging souls isn't stupid at all. We can't have bad people getting into heaven after all. They need to go to h e double hockey sticks where they belong. hehehe  
As she spoke, she picked up her ruler, gripping it excitedly in her hands. She put it back down as Neb continued speaking. The ruler making a heavier than usual smack on the table. Joy began taking notes on her clipboard, excitedly writing everything Neb was saying word for word. Hearing Purgatory was this organized was very nice for Joy. Organization was vital for an industry to run effectively, even one like this. Long lines be darned. The souls could just learn to wait like most polite people did. She looked up from her notes at Neb. If he were to look, he would see one or two small hearts next to the word judgment. Joy smiled, poised to write more.

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:10 am

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"Right..." he rolled his eyes. Yeah, the souls needed to be judged evenly but hell is was boring. Listening to the souls whine and lament and try and barter got to you...fast. It only added to the pulsating husk that was Neb's heart at one point. The ruler however caught him off guard. He stared at it with wide eyes, and a small pink color made his cheeks glow...but only for a second, as he turned away and took a breath in with the cigarette in his mouth. "Yeah...so..." he wasn't sure what the fuck that was, but he began to stop caring with every passing- yeah okay, he stopped caring. "Often times people will ask where they go from there right? Yeah, not your job. Don't give hints or anything. They'll find their place...we have 7 rings for a fucking reason." he looked at her. "Now...everyday you will have a different quota to fulfill, which is more then fucking unfair, cause it jumps high or low each day. On good days...around...iunno...500 or so? Bad days, triple that number. But that's only during wars and stuff...but it's hell in purgatory ya know?" he let out a sigh. "Now, I've gone through everything I do...questions?" he asked. He was gonna ignore the hearts for now. Not really worth it.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 am

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy  smiled. At her old job, people had complained to her all the time about projects she wasn't even involved with. She was sure she could handle the souls. They had decided their fate in life. Now they would just have to live with those choices. She smiled at that thought, faintly catching  Nebs faintly glowing cheeks. Her smile brightened at the flash of color. That was more like it. The more color the better! She continued writing down everything Neb said. Hearts and smiley faces continuing to be drawn next to certain words.
I wouldn't dream of telling them. They made all of the decisions that brought them there. I'd hate to take away the surprise that awaits them at the end!
She noted as Neb mentioned quotas. That made sense. War made things a lot messier. She could imagine people would be dying left and right. That would be interesting to see. Hopefully the souls on those days wouldn't be too much of a downer. It wouldn't take away her smile, but she preferred being surrounded by happy people in general. She nodded, tapping her ruler against the clipboard as she pondered what she had to ask him. She leaned forward as she thought of a question.
Oh! How did you judge the souls that were mundane? You know, average people, the ones who weren't too good or too bad in life?  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"Yeah...surprise...woohoo..." he said in the most unenthused voice ever. He was really getting tired of this...woman's bubbliness. Honestly, he was NOT catching for him. As for the mundane souls, that was a good question. "If they do more community service then strip club visits. It's like...a ratio. You'd be surprised how many woman visit strip clubs too.." he said, blowing out some smoke from his mouth. "Anymore questions? There is about 5 minutes until the flood gates open." his attempt at a joke...didn't work.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy smiled, no longer rolling the cigarette between her fingers. Now it was a downer attitude like that she just flat out didn't like. Nothing productive was ever accomplished when you spent all of your time feeling that way. She nodded, writing more notes. Joy wasn't surprised in the slightest by Nebs statement about women going to strip clubs. Her prior coworkers used to talk about going to those places all of the time. She ended up working a lot of late night shifts because of this. Her hand unconsciously moved to her ruler as she thought this.
I know that. My old coworkers, both male and female, went to strip clubs a lot. Though they definitely leaned more one side than the other!  
She smiled at his attempt at a joke. Now that was better! She didn't really mind that it failed. He'd tried and that was already an improvement in her book. She tapped the ruler against her clipboard for a moment. She excitedly tapped the ruler against her clipboard as she came up with more question.
Oh! How many other people work here? What are they like? I've only met Mr. Cerberus so far. Does anything else important go on besides judging souls that I would need to know?   

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"How many? You're the only real judgement office. There are others but none of the other fuckers do shit." he said with a sigh, and rolled his eyes. "They suck and I despise them." he said. "Course...that's me...you could be different." Neb sighed and kept smoking. It was just meh to him at this point. All the meh. "Oh right, two breaks a day. But you work late. 9 on the dot, and then you're here at 9 in the morning. Both breaks are 15 minutes. And...Mr. Cerberus does take favors and bribes."
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:05 am

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy began writing as soon as Neb spoke. This place really wasn't all that different from her last job. It seemed like she had been the only one working there too. She smiled. Being the only one doing their job properly wasn't fun, but she would be sure to do her job properly! Plus if she was the only real judgement officer, who knew who she'd might be charged with placement?! She knew she definitely wanted to judge certain souls properly. Her smile brightened tenfold at the thought...somehow. She started drawing more hearts next to her notes as she listened to Neb.  She looked up from her notes, chirping happily
I have ways of dealing with people like that besides despising them. Don't you worry about that!  
She watched Neb as he continued smoking. He sure liked to do that a lot. She started rolling the cigarette between her fingers again. She wouldn't light it, but it was fun to play with. She nodded. Joy doubted she'd use the breaks, unless she was actually allowed to redecorate the way she wanted to.
hehe. That's funny. My last boss took bribes too. What did you bribe him with, Mr. Neb? I'm curious!  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

Fuck she was annoying. This little perky princess thing wasn't what he bargained for. He watched as she kept drawing hearts and shit over her notes, and just let out a long sigh. This attitude wasn't going to last long, he knew it. As for bribes.
"Oh, the boss has certain...tastes...in things that I like as well, so I'd do that for him when he was stressed and he'd lighten my load. That kind of stuff. Ya know what I'm talkin about?" Question Neb all you wanted, he didn't give anymore shits then ever.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy looked at Neb. Her smile still in place despite her inward displeasure with Nebs continued pessimistic attitude. She was just going to have to keep smiling until he perked up. If not, she had other methods she was eager to try......
Joy chuckled as she stroked her ruler. Her chuckle seeming to contrast with her smile for some reason. She continued writing as Neb answered her question, the ruler now closer.
I think I do.... 
She analyzed Neb for a minute. If she was right about what particular tastes he meant, was Neb the type of person to do that? With his attitude, it didn't seem like that would be very fun. Maybe he actually smiled during fun time? She wanted to see him smile, but that seemed kind of..... Icky.

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"Yeah, so, make his favorite for him once and a while and you'll be good, I guess." he sighed and took another drag. Neb hated cooking, but if iut got him away from doing other shit, then he was fine with it. "Any other questions? We have 5 more minutes and I'm going to get lunch." he said, getting off his desk and starting to walk.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy nodded, chuckling. Oh, so it was that kind of taste. He really should have been more specific. He could create some major misconceptions like that. She looked at her clipboard, not immediately coming up with questions. She stood up as Neb started walking, going over to him with a smile.
They didn't give me lunch when management appointed me this job. Is it alright if I eat with you? I'll be able to finish before it hits five minutes. I eat quickly.  
Her excitement over her new job had blocked out her hunger for a while, but it would be nice to eat at some point.

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:50 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"I was gonna go out..." he let out a long sigh. "Fine...you okay with mexican? Cause I'm not changing my mind." he said, going to the door. There was a portal in the next room where the souls were gonna come through. He looked at it and touched it, and a large 30 appeared. "There...we have 35 minutes now...let's go." he said, and started walking.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy smiled, either accidentally or blatantly ignoring his sigh, likely blatantly. He was going to be sent to his new job soon, then they wouldn't need to be around each other anymore. For now, Joy was hungry, and Neb knew how to get around better than she did.
Thank you! I enjoyed Mexican food quite a lot in life.  
She followed him to the door, eyeing the portal. It could use some decorating too. Maybe more colors?! She watched Neb tinker with it, smiling. How interesting! To her, this was actually a very fascinating system. She hoped it didn't clog up. Now that would be annoying. She nodded, mentally noting the time.
Alright! 
She followed behind him, still rolling the cigarette between her fingers.

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:12 am

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

Upon exiting the room with the portal, they walked through a different room and into a different vortex, where Joy came in from most likely. They suddenly appeared in an amusement park that had been abandoned, and Neb kept walking. Soon, they came across the mexican place.
"This is Ring 0. It's not quite hell, but not quite purgatory. Think of it as a giant holding cell for all the souls or some shit. You'll most likely move here. I'm moving to Hell coming next week." he said, walking in, and putting up two fingers to a waitress looking lady, who then floated to a table and sat them down.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:19 am

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy looked around the familiar vortex. She smiled as she took in the amusement park. Now this looked fun! It was disappointing that none of the rides were running, but at least it was more colorful than the office! Her walk began to resemble more of a skip as they made their way to the Mexican restaurant. Somehow she managed to take notes while doing this. How? Who knew.
Interesting! This doesn't look too bad, at least its colorful! Really? For some reason, I'd think you'll like it in hell, Mr. Brice. 
She walked into the restaurant, smiling at the waitress as she sat down and began flipping through the menu.  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"It's better then here. This place is boring and holds less then I do in my heart." he said and sat down, putting out his cigarette only to lit another one. He didn't seem to cough or had his voice change due to the smoking or anything. It was like he didn't care. "Anyway...why are you here?" he asked.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:49 pm

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy let out a low whistle. That was quite a feat with how dead pan Neb had been so far. She didn't think this place seemed that dead. If it was she'd have to redecorate here too! Joy was quite frankly sick of such lifeless places. Just because they were dead didn't mean they couldn't have a little bit of color in their lives.
Really? That's pretty impressive, Mr. Brice. No offence,Mr. Brice, but you haven't really been very heartfelt about anything but smoking so far. 
Her smile widened for a moment as she decided what she was going to get. She looked up at Nebs question, tapping her menu as she pondered how to answer. Since she'd come to purgatory things had kind of been a mess. She'd thought her circumstances where pretty clean compared to some of the other stories she'd heard from the Debby-downers in line with her, but apparently not. She looked back up at Neb, her smile not quite as bright as she concentrated on what she was saying. 

Well....after I died they were too many things they were unsure of to send me anywhere. I used to be a downer too, but before I died I went through a major attitude adjustment. They'd like to reverse that for some reason before they feel like they can judge me. Well, that and they're still evaluating how I died. I think to see if I should be judged for the other person involved dying, to see if it really was an accident. So while the higher ups are working through all of that nonsense, they're putting me to work!
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Brice Nebuchadnezzar
Empty Depression Worker

"Well, I guess since you're working in Purgatory...that makes a little sense?" he didn't feel like questioning much cause fuck that. Maybe she'd be in hell, since judgement was more of a hell job. As the waiter came by, he ordered his drink and food, and took a drag from his cigarette. "Smoking all my life. Won't stop now. Not like it affect a dead person.." he said. He didn't really say much after that.
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:47 am

Joy Sunshine
Joy

Joy nodded. She supposed it made about as much sense as anything. Honestly she didn't entirely understand the process herself. Either way, she was used to working as a secretary,and it had been an accident that had killed her and Mr. Morten,so she really didn't see how she could be  judged for it. Though she couldn't say she didn't find his death fitting. She smiled at that thought, cheerfully ordering her lunch. She chuckled at Nebs blunt answer.
Well, I suppose it wouldn't. There isn't a reason to stop now. I just thought it was funny.  
She continued rolling the unlit cigarette between her fingers, smiling as she thought about something. Joy was okay with Nebs silence. He had his funny moments, but he was kind of a bummer to talk to at the same time. Maybe in a week she could liven his spirits a bit. 

So, Mr. Brice, why are you here?
Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum