Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge Empty [New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge

Post  Not Manchee Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:27 pm

This old bridge is still standing, though it has been revamped both technologically and artistically: while engineers have made changes to make sure it can take the weight of the new populace and new technology that could be carried across it, artists have taken the chance to decorate the bridge. It is now a mix of styles and themes, making it into a sort of artistic quilt on the new metal and concrete, renamed "Brook's Bridge".
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

[New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge Empty Re: [New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge

Post  Raven Todd Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:29 am

[New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge Scifirp1_zpsswhfihyc
Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

If you want to be a rock star or just be famous, then run down the street naked, you'll make the news or something. But if you want music to be your livelihood, then play, play, play and play! And eventually you'll get to where you want to be.

-----------------
Tiki leaned against the side of the bride, standing as deeply in the shadows as she could and enjoying the cool feel of the structure lightly digging into her legs. Her fingers lightly strummed the strings of her guitar. She smiled at the sounds it produced. The sound seemed to hang in the air on the surprisingly mostly empty bridge. Last time she and her band mates had come here, and helped contribute to the art currently engulfing the bridge. It seemed to have life to Tiki. It was colorful in a way a not a lot of places were. It made her feel strangely alive and calm at the same time. it was a hard feeling to explain out loud, but an awesome one. That was for sure! The only other time she'd ever felt anything like it was when she was performing.
Tiki strummed, squinting her eyes as she took in the suns position, and getting a good guess at the time in the process. One of the nifty skills her dad had taught her growing up. She had more time before she needed to head back into the city.  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

[New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge Empty Re: [New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:16 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

[New Gotham] - The Brook // Brook's Bridge TAG_150828_zps8ehe6fmd

Alex walked his way on the bridge as he tried to think of new ideas. The last concert was pretty successful, but not alot of new fans happen because of it. There had to be a way in order to get more and more people to watch. He looked around at the paintings and themes to see what might inspire him for the next big hit. "Hmmm...maybe just maybe..." Alex said to himself as ideas started to flourish in his head. That was stopped for a bit however when he heard something a bit close to him. Was someone playing music? His eyes sparkled as that might help as well for ideas! He walked over to where the noise was as he spotted a person holding their musical instrument. Would he talk to them? Alex fidgeted on the idea as he started to stare at Tiki.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

If you want to be a rock star or just be famous, then run down the street naked, you'll make the news or something. But if you want music to be your livelihood, then play, play, play and play! And eventually you'll get to where you want to be.

-----------------
Tiki smiled, her eyes half closed as she continued playing the guitar. The sound filling the air around her. She sighed. A near languid feeling filling her the more she played. Tiki squinted her eyes open as she heard footsteps coming closer. Not hastily, so this person didn't seem to be in any real hurry. It was likely this person was doing the exact same things she was.
Tiki had always liked meeting people in places like this. They were usually never boring~ That was for sure. It was always especially nice when she ran into girls here. She turned in the direction of the voice, seeing a boy, though honestly he was pretty enough to be a girl, staring at her. Her fingers stopped playing as she winked at the boy, a more than slightly playful tone in her voice as she spoke to Alex.
Hey there, blondy. Enjoying the view or are you here for the music? 

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:24 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex was amazed at the music he was listening to. It sounded so nice, so soothing. He felt captured by it as he couldn't help but clap afterwards. His clapping stopped when she looked at him. Oh snap! He didn't know what to do as the winking made him blush a bit. Well it looked like she was safe. He started to fidget around and played with his feet as he looked down at the ground. "I-I came here t-to look at the art. I-I didn't expect s-someone to play music here. I-It was really n-nice." He kept looking down as he couldn't hide his blush. 'This is so embarrassing!'

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:47 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki smiled at the sound of Alex's clapping, aiming a deep nod in the boys direction. She tilted her head at the boys blush. Cute. It was a shame he wasn't a girl. Damn, her luck could suck at times. She followed the boys gaze towards the ground, looking back up and subconsciously flicking a string on her guitar as the boy spoke. A low note reverberated from the instrument as she leaned back against the bridges structure.    
Thanks! That's exactly what I like to hear! I came here for the art too. This place always makes me feel inspired to play. It feels alive, you know?
Tiki kept her head tilted as Alex seemed determined to keep his gaze on the ground beneath him. 

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:13 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex took a deep breath as he lifted his head off the ground. He looked at Tiki as a smile formed on his lips. "Yeah! This place just has the whole feel to the art style! It really helps me feel relaxed, like everything can go right in the world! Like nothing can go wrong!" His eyes shined as he lifted his arms over his head to prove his point. He finally noticed the guitar she had. That was different from the ones he saw as he got curious about it. "That's a really interesting looking guitar! I haven't seen anything like it before."

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki kept her head tilted for a moment as Alex looked up from his shoes. At this angle, she could hear pretty much anything the happened to be heading their way. The bridge was still pretty empty for this time of day. She straightened her neck, smiling mellowly at the boys enthusiastic response. Yeah, she could definitely dig people like this.    
That is does~ Art like this- it holds a part of the person who left it here. Like even if they end up being taken in by some kind of bullshit, they'll still have some mark of how they used to be. It makes you feel like in someway no one or nothing can ever really conquer us. So I definitely get what you're saying.
Tiki chuckled as Alex pointed out her guitar, moving it so the boy could see it better while still trying to keep in as much shadow as possible. She smiled proudly as she displayed the instrument.
Oh yeah! This babies custom made. I wanted her to be unique. If you're playing something that looks like what everyone else is playing, it's not too likely you'll be remembered, after all. 

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:19 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex was a bit confused by the taken in comment. Taken in by what? The police? The government? Other aliens? He couldn't wrap his head around from what she said but it quickly went away in his head as he got to see the instrument at a better look. Wow it was amazing! "You made this yourself!? That's pretty awesome!" His eyes shone as he couldn't take his eyes off of the instrument as he then heard what she had to say. "To be remembered huh..." A small smirk formed on him for a brief second as he quickly changed it to a grin as he looked back to Tiki. "N-Nice to m-meet you stranger! I-I'm Alex!"

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:35 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki raised an eyebrow as Alex seemed confused by something she'd said. Though the look went away so quickly she didn't need to explain what she'd meant. She was alright with that. Tiki wasn't really in the mood for heavy conversation right now and Alex didn't seem to be either.    
Oh yeah! It took longer than i though it would but it was so worth it when I was done. He he. I probably had a little too much fun to be honest.
Tiki's mellow smile became more impassioned as she looked down at Alex, still eyeing the guitar. Having her work admired felt good. she'd put so much damn time into the thing. It was always nice when someone noticed. She nodded. Her smile becoming more smirk like for a moment before settling back into its fomer enthused state.  
Well, who wants to be forgettable? Nice to meet you too, drăguţă . The name's Tiki. 

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:54 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

"Tiki...that's a pretty nice name!" Alex said as he smiled again. He was glad that he met someone who was nice here since he was scared of coming here in the first place. Maybe this place would be alright to visit again. He looked at the guitar again, impressed on how she was able to make it. Were all the people or aliens who lived here able to do something amazing like that!? He started to squirm a bit as he couldn't hold in any more as he finally decided to ask the question that was eating the back of his mind. "Um...w-what songs d-do you know on your g-guitar?"

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:33 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki's smile widened at Alex's response. Her fingers lightly tapping against one side of the guitar for a moment as she spoke.   
Thanks! I like yours too. I've always thought androgynous names were cool.
The boy was cute. It really was a shame his gender didn't fit his looks, but he was still cute. It was also nice to meet someone who actually noticed the work she'd put into her instrument. That she definitely liked. She kept the guitar propped where Alex could see, looking up again to check the sun. She turned back to the boy, tilting her head with an amused smirk as she saw him squirming.
At his question, her smile returned.   
Oh! My band comes up with our own songs. I'm also a sucker for the oldies, so I learned to play songs some people might not even know exist anymore. Some modern stuff. I learned anything I could really!  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex couldn't help but squirm more after that question escaped his lips. A small smile formed however after Tiki said that she liked his name as well. He still hoped she wouldn't laugh at her question as his head perked up in curiosity. "You have a band!? How are they like? That's amazing you have a band! Are you like the lead vocalist!?" Alex kept asking questions about Tiki's band as his eyes were sparkling now. Who knew that he would meet a band person!

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki' s smile widened as Alex continued to squirm. She leaned further on the bridges frame, holding the guitar in position to begin playing. She was glad when he smiled though. She didn't think she was intimidating by any means so the fact that the boy was nervous was still kind of cute. Tiki nodded at Alex's question. Her excitement starting to show in her eyes as she spoke.   
You bet I do! They're awesome. I've known most of them since I was in school so we work really well together. There are two vocalist. Me and this other guy. So I'm kind of like the lead, but not all of the time.
She strummed a few notes as she took in Alexs reaction. The sound seeming to bounce off the metal of the bridges frame work. She definitely liked this kids enthusiasm. She only wished everyone could this excited to hear about bands,particularly her band, or just music in general.   
Are you involved with music too?   

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex was impressed with every word Tiki said. Who knew that this person was able to do so much! He couldn't contain his excitement as the music started to begin to play. The music was pleasant to his ears as he started to hum a little bit. His little hair antennas started to perk up as he began to sway back and forth to the notes. His swaying stopped as he looked at Tiki when her question formed. "Ummm n-not exactly...I-I just like hearing it." He gave her a smile as he looked up at the sky. Such a lovely day it was.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki's smile once more became a smirk as Alex's excitement became more and more apparent. It was starting to become contagious. She hummed in time with Alex, resisting the urge to reach out and touch Alex's hair antennas. They were pretty cool. Her own less than human features were noticeably less movable by comparison. It made blending in easier, but still. She appreciated something cool when she saw it.
Her smile dipped for a moment as the boys swaying stopped. She tilted her head at his answer, giving him a wink a moment later.       
I can accept that. Before I started playing, I liked music for the same thing. Though your voice isn't half bad.
She gave him a smile and strummed her guitar once more. Even if Alex wasn't a musician, it was still nice meeting another music lover.  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:34 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex blushed a bit from the wink and the compliment of his voice. He wasn't really used to being alone with someone before as he tried to think of something to say. "Ummm...h-how long h-have you been a m-musician now?" He asked as he started to squirm again. "I-I'm just r-really impressed that y-you're really good!" He looked away in embarrassment as the silence overtook him. He hoped that wasn't too awkward to ask.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:16 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki physically bit back a chuckle as Alex blushed further. Man, this really was easy to get a rise out of. In a good way so far, but still easy. People like this were always fun. She pushed off from the bridges ironwork, moving a bit closer to Alex in the process. Really trying to get a rise out of him more than anything else. If he'd been a girl, she knew she'd already be flirting at this point.
She smiled at his question. Her grip on the guitar tightening in her languid happiness.         
I've been a musician for 10 years now. I've technically been playing for 7, but I was performing before that.
She felt her sharp teeth digging into her bottom lip as she worked even harder to force laughter back as Alex began squirming again. Tiki released her hold after a moment.    
Thanks! It's nice of you to say that. So what is it that's caught your eye,drăguţă ?    
Tiki's tone became needling as she looked in the direction Alex had turned to, knowing full well why he was looking away, but not being able to resist. 

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:32 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex could feel Tiki's presence closer to him as his face gotten into a brighter red color. "T-That's awesome! All those years h-have really paid off!" Alex said with a big smile on his face as he kept looking around, trying not to make eye contact. He wouldn't know if his face could handle it at this current moment. Then her question came up which made him squeek a little bit. Was he caught? He tried to think of an answer to get himself out of this spot as he looked at the walls. "Oh j-just how g-great the art is! Yeah the art!" Alex laughed a little bit as he continued to squirm some more.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:52 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki smiled, satisfied with Alex's intensified blush. Yeah, she was having wwwaaayyy too much fun with this. She leaned back, not making an effort to move back, but now a few-centimeters away from the flustered blonde.          
Thanks. I'd like to think they did. I know I worked hard. Not everyone gets it, but music is really important to me.
She halfheartedly followed his gaze as his eyes kept darting around the bridge. At this point, Tiki could almost use the boys blush as light in the shadows she was trying to take shelter in. Despite her effort, a small chuckle escaped at the boys squeak. She forced herself to not smirk too openly as the boy scrambled for a response. Even if she did find it cute, she didn't want to embarrass him further-too much~    
I can dig that. I really do wish the art here would be recognized more often.   
Tiki looked around, going along with the boy for now. 

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:11 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex could feel Tiki even closer now as gibberish was escaping his lips. Definitely not good for him. As soon as he heard how music was important for Tiki however, his squirming stopped. "Yeah...music is important for me too..." He said in a serious manner as the air suddenly got darker around him. He stayed like that for a little but before his happy go luck self came back to him. "Yeah I do wish this place was recognized more...it seems like a good place as well to have concerts or the sorts..." A sudden realization hit him as he looked at Tiki with a shine in his eyes. "Why not have your band do a performance here! I'm sure lots would come to have this place recognized!"

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:11 am

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki stayed where she was, not moving closer and not backing away.  She hadn't thought her presence could be this impactful outside of a performance. but damn was Alex flustered. Tiki wasn't even trying to make sense of what he was saying at this point. She looked down at her instrument, tuning it while the blonde continued to squirm. She looked back up, a half smile on her lips as she noticed his squirming had stalled.              
Well, that's good to hear! I live for meeting people who understand why I feel the way I do about music.  Believe me, it's not easy sometimes.
She raised an eyebrow at the sudden shift in the boys manner. For someone who said he wasn't a musician, he really did seem genuine when he said music was important to him. Tiki watched him for a moment. Her hands unconsciously strumming a note that somehow sounded both folkesque and somber in the same breath. The mood, whatever it had been, seemed to pass though. As he spoke, Tiki's smile grew. His odd mood fading from her thoughts for the moment as she looked at him with as much shine in her eyes to light up a stage.    
That's a fucking awesome idea! Getting permission to do a show here would probably be a pain in the ass, but still! Lights falling on the art in the background would look so cool. I mean, how many other groups are likely to have performed here?!   
Tiki looked at Alex. Her Cheshire like smile displaying her teeth in full view to the boy.  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:32 am

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

Alex smiled at Tiki's response. "Yeah. It's not easy to get people to agree about any sort of music." He did a tiny laugh as he looked back at the art. "Well it shouldn't be too hard to get permission here...I think?" He asked confused but shrugged it off as his eyes continued to shine more. "Yeah! Your band can perform here and do an amazing job! Then we'll get more musicians and artists here and make it like a little gathering! Who knows what might happen but I think it might be some success!" He gave a grin at Tiki, but it was a different kind of grin. It felt like there was some malice behind it. His grin quickly went away afterwards as he looked at her with his shining eyes. "What do you say Tiki!? Think you can do it!?"

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Tiki Jesp
încurcan Musician

-----------------
Tiki looked down at Alex, smiling lopsidedly at his response. She nodded, rolling her eyes in affirmation.              
Yeah. It is. I understand having your own taste, but sometimes it does seem like people go out of their way to be contrary.
She followed Alex's gaze to the art, tapping her finger on the guitar as she actually thought about what it would take to be able to perform in a public place like this. Their manger normally handled shit like that, but she did know it would take either a lot of paper work or talking to the right people.     
Uh...It shouldn't be the hardest place to book, but I'm pretty sure there's still going to be someone making it difficult since it belongs to the city. Luckily that's not my job~ 
Tiki shrugged, biting back a chuckle at the sparkle in the blondes eyes. She kept her smile in place, though inwardly she did notice something off about it. She leaned back against the bridges railing again, seemingly casually, creating some distance between them in the process.  
That all definitely sounds awesome. It's not completely up to me if this happens, but I can talk to my band about it. Who else did you have in mind for this?  

Raven Todd
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  dbzhardcore Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Alex Wrey
The Next Superstar Idol

"I'm sure the city will be ok with this since it's not damaged and that no one comes here anyway...well to them atleast." Alex kept looking at all the art as the work was beautiful to his eyes. He thought about the question Tiki just asked. There had to be more than just her band performing. Another grin came to him as he quickly turned towards her with a smile on his face. "Well we can get other bands here as well to make this like the next big event or something! Think of all the competition that you can beat! Your band can get famous!" Alex said happily as his eyes were still looking around. Yeah it could definitely work.

dbzhardcore
dbzhardcore
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next