Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[New Gotham] - Port Terra

3 posters

Go down

[New Gotham] - Port Terra Empty [New Gotham] - Port Terra

Post  Not Manchee Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Destination of the Terra-Saturn Express and home to a large portion of the Kalem Klub workforce, Port Terra is the first place that newly-arrived aliens will see on Earth. The 'port' is usually buzzing with activity (and bug aliens, we know how it goes), and the facilities are exceptional. Aliens go through a very organized process, similar to airport security type things, when entering or leaving Earth, and anyone working in Port Terra or on the Terra-Saturn Express will find themselves working a rigorous yet efficient schedule, with high-tech stuff designed to facilitate the process of the Intergalactic Immigration Bureau, but also to give the cats from Saturn a rest from time to time. The terminals are filled with small shops and restaurants, much like regular airports.
Not Manchee
Not Manchee
Amnchee
Amnchee

Back to top Go down

[New Gotham] - Port Terra Empty Re: [New Gotham] - Port Terra

Post  Xpherix Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 pm

[New Gotham] - Port Terra Hakumen3_zpsa08beb84

[New Gotham] - Port Terra Lex%20name%201_zps6arpqan6

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

There were so many people here.  That was his first impression of the place as he exited the security check station with all he had slung over one shoulder.  He began walking among the people as his many eyes looked around at the surroundings.  The place was lined with shops of all kinds from small restaurants and gift places.  He would not stop at any of them as the flow of people pressed on.  He had to go pick up his sword at a security booth and he made sure not to be deterred in any way.  It was important to him and being separated from it for this long put him on edge.  Then then he pulled out a piece of paper where he had scribbled down the letter of the place he could pick it up at.  He looked down a line of stations once he reached the luggage pick-up area until he found the right one.  He walked hastily shoving aside those that got in his way.  Then he finally reached it.  After waiting in line for it, he retrieved the sword still wrapped in the cloth he covered it in.  He stood off to the side as he pulled the cloth back and took the sword and sheathe out and drew the sword to inspect the blade.  He got some sideways glances as he did so but then he returned it to its sheathe before securing it to his back, making a click as it locked into a slit in his armor above his shoulder blade.  He looked around some before walking to the exit with the giant blade now on his shoulder more comfortable now that he had it back.  Now that he finally here though, he wasn't sure what to do.

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

暗闇で叫ぶ続ける貴方が見える
遠過ぎて・・・

Returner

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  RichNuttyTaste Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:38 pm

D O N O V A N---B O S T O N

[New Gotham] - Port Terra 8edf3b74-2a49-416b-bce9-9f6aa739b897_zpsutdt5eil

☆☆☆☆☆☆
E D F -- O F F I C E R

| <THOUGHTS> "Heh."   || <MOOD> -Grumble, Grumble-  || <AFFILIATION> E.D.F |
☆☆☆☆☆☆
══════════════════════════════════【 B A T T L E -- R E P O R T 】══════════════════════════════════

With the spacey backdrop reflecting off the steely frame of his body, a cyborg leaned against the frame of the port's exit that was in Lex's direct path. The cyborg stared at his wrist-watch with a bit of fascination. Tilting his head slightly. His other arm was bent carelessly as one hand filled a pocket his eye catching bright candy red jacket. It was as if he lifted the paint decal off a red ferrari, swiping the iconic red from the headturner. The jacket swayed by the motions of the passerbyers with their brisk strides hurrying to exit the area. His head was tilted downwards. Staring at this equally bright yellow shoes. His clothing seemed outdated, and even strange by Earth human standards.

Yet for some reason it was if the man's presence was focused on Lex. The sword wielding being was sure to have worried onlookers, but this strange metal man seemed....Different. Hiding his stare. Like a con man awaiting a new gullible and naive person to swindle their life savings away. In the reflection of his fancy watch was a familiar sight. Lex. As the Metal Man watched the timepiece click away, a steady eye was kept on Lex.... 

══════════════════════════════════【 B A T T L E -- R E P O R T 】══════════════════════════════════
RichNuttyTaste
RichNuttyTaste
Newt Citizen
Newt Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:16 am

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

Lex rolled the cloth up in his hands and shoved it into the sack he was carrying.  His eyes flicked around some more before he decided to turn and head to the small shops.  It was as he was walking away from the exit that on of the eyes on his back caught the indirect gaze of the metal man.  His footsteps faltered for a moment before continuing on without so much as looking over his shoulder.  What had gotten his attention was that unlike the others that gave him stares, this man was doing so in a way that his intent was clearly to not be noticed.  He went to a coffee shop and ordered a drink.  He took a seat and just kinda stared at the thing covered in the sickly sweet whipped cream and bits of chocolate.  Then he pulled up his mask very slightly, put a straw in the drink, and brought it up to his mouth.  He looked around at the other people sitting and drinking it.  They seemed to enjoy it.  With that, he looked back down to his and took a long drink.  A mistake.  He promptly placed the drink back on the table and brought the mask down over his face and holding it there.  He just kinda slumped forward a bit and swallowed what he had in his mouth.  It was a good thing his face was covered because it was definitely a shade of red now.  Whatever that drink was, it was horrible.  He ended up coughing afterward and now the taste was lingering on his tongue.  He stood up grabbing the cup and dropped the practically full thing into the garbage.  He told himself that he was never gonna have coffee again despite how many others seemed to like it.

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

暗闇で叫ぶ続ける貴方が見える
遠過ぎて・・・

Returner

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  RichNuttyTaste Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:48 pm

☆☆☆☆☆☆
E D F -- O F F I C E R

| <THOUGHTS> "Heh."   || <MOOD> -Grumble, Grumble-  || <AFFILIATION> E.D.F |
☆☆☆☆☆☆

The Metal Man lurked over the white armored alien, his emotionless face match the void of the alien behind him. However the silence was not shared. A trait that the man had was a weirdly enthralling voice. Accent, American. Deep and gravely, the mask left metal vibrations--like the low bellow of a metal hum. Standing on his tip toes to look over the alien samurai's shoulder.   

"I was never one for coffee either. Well more of an irish coffee man myself, but nothing too bitter."
The Metal Man's informal nature was strange. Almost too friendly. Maybe he was just being a strange character because he couldn't help it. His nature was strange, almost hustling the man. The other aliens in the terminal noticed the Metal Man and stayed their distance. Clutching the collars to hide their faces and others trying to stay elusive in the crowds. Still, Donovan stayed his sights on the alien samurai. A small friendly chuckle was let out his motionless lips.
He dashed around the the man for a moment, jutting his hand out. His bright gold watch loosely dangling from his wrist as he held an open palm out to the man.

"The name is Donovan Boston. Call me Boston. Noticed you look too new to Earth. Wondering if I could help you out."

RichNuttyTaste
RichNuttyTaste
Newt Citizen
Newt Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:23 am

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

One of Lex's eyes caught sight of a man walking up from behind.  Then the metal man went to speak to him over his shoulder.  He turned his head to the side to at the man.  Before he could step back at a respectful distance, the man ran around to face him directly then held an open hand out to it.  He looked at it for a moment before grabbing it and bowing slightly before letting go without actually shaking it.  "Pleasure to meet you," he replied a bit too formally but he didn't know how else to reply.  "I am Lex.  Just Lex," he returned the introduction.  He nodded, "Yes, I am new," he confirmed, "I need hotel to stay."  He knew he had to find a place to stay in the meantime before he found himself an actual apartment.  He also had to search for some kind employment as well but he wasn't too sure if he could find something that he could do with his particular skill set.  He'd worry about that later.

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

暗闇で叫ぶ続ける貴方が見える
遠過ぎて・・・

Returner

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  RichNuttyTaste Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm

☆☆☆☆☆☆
E D F -- O F F I C E R

| <THOUGHTS> "Interesting"   || <MOOD> -Act Casual-  || <AFFILIATION> E.D.F |
☆☆☆☆☆☆

Donovan watched as the xeno samurai stepped away from him, his reaction was not what Donovan expected. It was something more...accustomed. Most Xenos barely knew the languages of Earth. However though a tad accented, Lex's english was perfectly fine. The Kalem Klub would make use of him. However that was not his job. It was to observe and estimate threat threat the xenos posed. Donovan wasn't blatantly prejudice towards Xenos, it was more of him size up his opponents. Donovan looked at Lex as he noticed the Xeno did not return his handshake. Maybe he wasn't so familiar with Earth traditions.   

"Lex. Nice name, sounds almost like a human name. If you're looking for work I know of a place to assist you. I was heading down there right now. "
The Metal Man's friendly nature seemed almost too good to be true, however it was a secret that Donovan held for a while now. Driving certain Xenos to the Kalem Klub without anyone knowing . Most would forget him after he sent them there, others would stay far away from the man after they would see the EDF ranger mobilized and how Donovan truly works

"Whaddya say, wanna join me. I'll tell you about Earth customs, like handshakes and such"

RichNuttyTaste
RichNuttyTaste
Newt Citizen
Newt Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:59 am

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

Lex listed to the metal man as he responded to his statements.  However, instead of talk of how to find an inn or something of the like, he suggested finding him work.  This would be fine, yes?  Finding a job was on his to do list anyway.  He gave the man a nod, "Yes, I am also in search of work.  I am a, um, sellsword," he replied.  This place seemed so different already, he wasn't too sure that his particular skillset was even needed in this world.  He adjusted his bag of things over his shoulder somewhat.  The man also stated that he could help him with Earth's customs and things like that.  He gave the man a slight bow, "Yes I will join you if you'll have me," he answered accepting his offer.  He had no line of direction to begin with so following this man for a bit shouldn't and could give his a chance to familiarize himself with his new surroundings.

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

暗闇で叫ぶ続ける貴方が見える
遠過ぎて・・・

Returner

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  RichNuttyTaste Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 pm

☆☆☆☆☆☆
E D F -- O F F I C E R

☆☆☆☆☆☆

The cyborg was surprised at the immediacy the Xeno answer and AGREED to his offer. Was he just gullible or was he too trusting of the nature of Earth grown peoples, I guess it mattered only a tiny bit that Boston just ignored it. Kind of.
Boston thought the Kalem Klub would suit this man well. But also as an informant. The KK was something he took interest in. Along with his "friends". Boston wrapped his arm around the Xeno and began to lead the the man to the front gate of the port.

"So where you from, Lex? I'm an Earth-born man myself. Been here all my life." Boston began to pat the alien's shoulder as if they were life long chums.

RichNuttyTaste
RichNuttyTaste
Newt Citizen
Newt Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Xpherix Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:21 am

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

Lex's head turned to the side at the man's hand when he slung his arm around him.  Physical contact was not something he looked at kindly.  Perhaps it was something that was normal for people of Earth.  He could not be sure.  He followed the metal man as he led him out of the port.  "I am from Valstaren," he replied after Boston shared that he was indeed from earth.  Then after the man pat his shoulder, he shrugged away, "Please do not," he stated finally pulling away from the man.  Even if casual physical contact was normal here, he still didn't like it.

☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫ ☬ ☫

暗闇で叫ぶ続ける貴方が見える
遠過ぎて・・・

Returner

Xpherix
Xpherix
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  RichNuttyTaste Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:23 pm

☆☆☆☆☆☆
E D F -- O F F I C E R

☆☆☆☆☆☆

He reeled back as the alien samurai shrugged off his more friendly advances. It wasnt strange however Donovan wasn't really much for pressing others that much if he didn't need to.   
"Ah a germ-a-phobe, don't worry. I can't carry disease--nothing but metal. " Boston began to knock on his metal chest, to which it responded with a clang. A full body cyborg. It was a strange sight. More so for an Earthling. The cyborg looked towards the exit as they began to walk towards his candy red car. As they made the final steps towards the car he decided to bring up Lex's origin. "Valstaren. Hrm. Never heard of it, what's it like--clearly there's something that it didn't have for you that the good' ol earth does."Donovan began to jump right in, opening the passenger door from the inside. The car seemed something like a blast from the past. Donovan was maybe born in the wrong time, but he sure had adapted well into the current time.

"Just leave anything you don't wanna carry in the backseat Lex. C'mon dont be a stranger"

RichNuttyTaste
RichNuttyTaste
Newt Citizen
Newt Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down