Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi)

2 posters

Go down

Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi) Empty Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi)

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:18 am

In the year 2012, everything changed.

It happened swiftly, millions of lives were lost and the world was forever changed. The waters around New York City rose up as a being unlike anything Mankind had ever seen before had awoken underneath the city. This creature was believed to be a long-lost cosmic deity that had for countless millennia slumbered under the city. It had the power to drive mankind to extinction, yet, shortly after it's awakening, it is said that the cosmic deity went back into hibernation, diving deep into the earth's core. The deity no longer posed a danger to mankind, yet the damage done to humanity was seemingly irreparable. It would take hundreds of years for humanity to repair itself, however, little did they known that the cosmic deity was only the beginning...

The cosmic deity's awakening had opened a dimensional portal that opened a path to countless worlds. From it, countless interstellar beings flooded through onto Earth. And so New York City's "Next Wave of Immigrants" arrived, beings from throughout the universe who traveled to Earth in search of a new life. With them came a new wave of technology, culture, and problems. New York was rebuilt in a matter of years as new Gotham, the bridge between Earth and it's interstellar neighbors. It is now 2025, and the presence of aliens and all matter of incredible sights are now common-place. The president has shaken hands with hundreds of leaders from throughout the galaxy, thousands of different species walk through the streets of New Gotham, there are alien Hip Hop artists. However, the world is far from peaceful. Alongside a new wave of interstellar immigrants came a slew of new threats to mankind both small and large. Interstellar criminals, would-be world conquerors, illegal aliens! These are but a few issues that face Earth today!

As immigrants come in from interstellar worlds, the job market is changing quite a lot as well--jobs are bouncing back and forth between humans and extraterrestrial immigrants, of course discontent is beginning to get on the rise. And, of course, all the while, New Gotham is beginning to swarm even further with crime rings--some of them beginning to be supernatural in nature. However, despite the state of things, the people of the city attempt to carry on with their lives. The occupational field continues to shift--all as per normal. A man is thrown from his job as another comes looking for a new one--maybe today a few unexpected companions will join together for the same cause--making some cash and not starving! However, nothing ever seems to go smoothly in New Gotham--the big clashes up in space aren't the only minefields of trouble, and it seems like the unsuspecting could potentially stumble right into a bundle of danger...!
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi) Empty Re: Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi)

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:02 am

░░▒▒▓▓Destiny  is  no  matter  of  chance▓▓▒▒░░

Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi) Kekkai_Sensen_full_1865492_zpsp2rglca9

░░▒▒▓▓It  is  a  matter  of  choice▓▓▒▒░░

Jantzen Tretheway
Holder of the Oculus Futura
⚛-------------------------------------⚛
It is wise to look ahead. . . . . . .  . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .but difficult to look
further than you can see

It was a fine afternoon in the streets of New Gotham--pedestrians were walking about as normal, and it seemed like everything would continue to be very mundane--up until a young man was bodily tossed out of the door of a restaurant, landing in the street and needing to scramble to the sidewalk to avoid getting run over by an oncoming car.
"Please, Boss, I didn't mean it, I swear! I won't tell anyone about their impending deaths ever, ever again, I mean--I--I was kidding, yeah--! I was totally kid--" He was cut off when, from within the door, there came a series of loud, unintelligible screeches, followed by a small monkey creature being flung out of the door and into Jantzen's face. "H-Hey, be careful with Echo, she's delicate! I-I mean--I mean, I'm seriously not going to tell anyone when they're gonna die, I swear--! H-Hey, I mean, she was barely even crying! Maybe sobbing just a bit--I mean--" More screeching came from the door, louder now. "Aw, c'mon, Boss, I was trying to warn her! I was trying to warn her she was gonna die if she got on that bus going downtow--" A loud crash came from down the street as a bus collided with an oncoming truck--then set on fire. Jantzen indicated the crash with his hands, speaking again, "See?! I TOLD you--!" And then the door was slammed in his face. He'd just been fired from his waiter job. His tiny monkey friend climbed up to his shoulder as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and checked his funds--not looking so good. And this, of course, had been the time when he didn't really have a home to live in anymore--just great...! He sighed heavily, and walked down the street until he reached a bench at the edge of a park, settling down in it heavily. He glanced over at the small monkey creature on his shoulder, mumbling dejected, "Well...I have twenty dollars left. How many meals will that last us, you think...? Maybe we should just splurge and live it up while we can--one last meal--guh,,,"

⚛--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------⚛
An Offbeat Stroll - Time to Know
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:22 am

Zion Jones

Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi) 2_zpsjvdok9t1

Estranged Prince of Neo Eterna
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
" Give it up now, never gonna work out.................................................
.....................................You took your best shot, but it's all over now
You can't teach perfection."

A slightly lost, but elegant looking male trailed through the trees in awe, reaching out with a metallic hand to touch the trunks. His planet had long ago killed all living forms of plants - trees, such as these, were something he hadn't seen before. Nevertheless, he knew he could not linger long - he was starving after spending several days trying to figure out human life, and had come to the conclusion he needed what they called a 'job'. How he was supposed to earn one of those, however, was an uncertainty - he sighed a bit as he emerged on the edge of the park, noticing someone seated upon a bench. "You - you there, with the small furry creature - how would I go about finding employment on this planet?" he asked boldly, approaching Jantzen and awaiting a response impatiently.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:17 am

Jantzen Tretheway
further than you can see

Jantzen was putting his wallet with his sad savings away before he looked up--seeing quite an extravagantly dressed man moving through the park's trees and kind of just...touching them. Why was he touching the trees? Jantzen couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he saw the man's fascination with them--only for the man to turn and look at him, which made him shut up. However, as the question came, Jantzen seemed to pause a moment in recognition.
"...Ohhh--you're one of the people who just came here? No plan, though, huh...? I'm having trouble with jobs right now, too...I just got fired for predicting someone's imminent doom and making them cry by accident..." He shrugged, while Echo, the tiny monkey, hopped on top of his head and kind of just sat there staring at Zion with her big, huge, monkey eyes. This was definitely not a run of the mill monkey--although that would probably be obvious simply on appearance. "So...you're looking for a job? ...Did you check the classifieds...?" He was tempted to stop being so squinty and just open his eyes normally so he could potentially read this guy's future to see how his job hunt would go--but then again, he didn't want to freak out and go telling him about his impending doom, if it was coming soon, or anything. That probably wouldn't be the best first impression... "Not to--uh--make assumptions or anything, but you're dressed pretty nice--how come you need the money?"

⚛--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------⚛
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Zion Jones

" Give it up now, never gonna work out.................................................
.....................................You took your best shot, but it's all over now

Zion raised a brow as Jantzen spoke and mentioned predicting futures, looking over the otherwise human looking male with curiosity. That was an interesting fact - yet he didn't focus too much on that, instead cocking his head to the side curiously as the other mentioned "the classifieds". "What do you mean by these... 'classifieds'?" he asked, though hesitating as he heard his final question. It was a bit of a sore subject, in all honesty, but there was little point in lying... "My, uh... parents and I had a bit of a disagreement. They... they exiled me from the planet until I could prove myself to be the son they were looking for." He grimaced a little after that, before straightening up quickly. "But it is no matter-! I will excel in the employment of my choosing and I will survive without their blessing. I have no fears."

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Jantzen Tretheway
further than you can see

Jantzen seemed somewhat surprised as Zion asked for clarification about the classifieds, and was about to answer when Zion actually answered his question--and Jantzen almost immediately hopped up to his feet in surprise, seeming quite shocked.
"Wait...exiled? As in like by royal order?! Your parents?! Are--Are you some kind of prince or duke or something from some other world--?! Holy wow, I'm--should I be bowing or something--?" He paused for a moment, seemingly thinking for a little bit before adding, "The classifieds are like parts of the newspaper where people like post stuff for job offers or like also stuff just in general like 'pls help my cat is up a tree and i am sad super frowney face'--" He paused again, putting his hands into his pockets as his small monkey friend hopped from his shoulder and over to Zion's shoulder, sniffing his face inquisitively. "So you're literally like...not scared of anything...? Huh...we should totally go job hunting together...! I'm not so great at dealing with scary three-headed bosses at work, but I'm sure you could deal with them just fine!" This, of course, was referring to his old boss from when he worked as a waiter in that one restaurant that he'd just got fired from like ten minutes ago. The owner had had three heads. He had been scary. And screechy. "What do you think? Hell, with you being all not scared of anything and me being able to tell if we're gonna like--die or not--I think we'd do really well!"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:56 am

Zion Jones

Zion looked aside awkwardly as Jantzen seemed shocked to hear he was royalty, tapping his foot as the other expressed his surprise. "... Yes, bowing would be customary, but I will excuse you this time as long as you stop talking about it-" If his tone was anything to guess by, Zion was still a little bitter about the whole exiled by his parents thing, but he was trying not to grow too angry. The quick adjustment to a different topic helped, and he cocked his head to the side as the other told him what the classifieds were. "That seems quite useful, do tell me how does one find these classifi- whoa, call off your fiend-!" Zion's eyes widened as the creature leapt onto his shoulder, seemingly startled by it snuffling at his face. As Jantzen continued, though, asking if they could go job hunting together... he hesitated. Though he wasn't sure he trusted him, or his monkey, nor was he positive he wanted him to be around a lot... his assistance could prove useful. "Perhaps for a while, we could search together? Though what did you mean, tell if we're going to die-?"

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:19 am

Occupational Hazard (Sky and Levi) A6ec22eae21f359671d3ceb97847635e_zpsyhlliqap

Jantzen Tretheway
further than you can see

"Oh--I guess you don't want me calling you 'Your Highness' or anything like that, then?" Janzten asked, tilting his head a bit and grinning. "What's your name, then? Something impressive and spooky? Oh, and I'm Jantzen, by the way." He chuckled at Zion's reaction to the monkey suddenly jumping on him, reaching forward and lifting the monkey up, putting her back onto his own shoulder. He paused for a moment as he listened to Zion, and seemed almost surprised when he asked him how he could tell if they were going to die. "Oh right--you think I'm a normal human...I mean, yeah, that's the idea, but--uh--here, look." Janzten glanced around to make sure that nobody was watching, then unsquinted one of his eyes--revealing a bright blue, glowing orb of an eye that was definitely anything but human. "My eyes see lots of stuff that you wouldn't see with normal eyes--one of the things that they can see--and kind of what they're most useful for--is seeing the future. It's helped me avoid plenty of bad stuff, but I kind of end up running into other bad stuff...maybe I just have bad luck...? Either way, if someone is headed towards their imminent death, I can tell--and I know exactly how it'll happen, too, most of the time. Pretty nifty, huh? I've even had people mug me in alleys before trying to cut my eyes out and steal them! Aaaaand that's why I don't walk around alone at night anymore!" He gave another laugh, seeming quite casual about all of this--strangely enough, everything else about him seemed perfectly human--his eyes were the only strange factor.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:30 am

Zion Jones

"... Zion will be fine," the male replied quietly, nodding a bit and making sure to take note of the other's name. It was important to keep track of the names of potential followers - especially when they saved you from weird, overly friendly monkeys. He relaxed as Jantzen took his pet, blinking as he mentioned him only thinking he was human. How was this one not human...? He waited patiently - but quickly jolted upon seeing the other's eyes, staring curiously. "How strange..." he murmured, grimacing upon hearing the mention of the other almost being mugged. "As unfortunate as that last part is... that could be quite a useful skill. You may search for employment with me for a while, at least... I do, after all, need a guide around here..."

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Jantzen Tretheway
further than you can see

”Zion—got it!” Jantzen replied to Zion cheerily as Echo settled down on his shoulder, still kind of staring Zion down curiously. Once Zion had gotten a good look at his eyes, Jantzen returned to his previously kind of squinty look—after all, he didn’t need to be advertising these things too much. That generally led to getting mugged—which wasn’t fun in the slightest. As Zion consented to searching for jobs with him, Jantzen grinned, seeming quite pleased with the situation. ”Awesome! Trust me, searching for a job alone is boring as all hell, so this’ll be nice! There are a few places that I’ve been fired from that they probably won’t accept me back into, but hey, we’ve still got plenty of options! Do you have any specific talents we could work off of? I’m not particularly good at anything, so I mostly go for whatever’s available…but if you’ve got something you’re good at, we could go for that, first!”

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:34 am

Zion Jones

"..." Zion gave Jantzen a somewhat neutral look, silently questioning his own decision before deciding he could tolerate the other long enough to find a job. Then, even if he had to work with him, it would be very similar to being paid to deal with him... He hesitated, however, as the other questioned his skills. "... I have skills in the realms of weaponry, machinery, and some technology. I have after all maintained these on my own for some time." The male lifted his hands, showing off the exposed metal prosthetics for a moment before lowering his hands again. "Does this prove helpful to our search?"

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Jantzen Tretheway
further than you can see

"Whoa--! Robo-hands...!" Jantzen exclaimed as Zion showed off his hands during his explanation of his skills. "Let's see...you could try to get a job as a repairman! Oh, you know, I hear that there's plenty of really nice places around town that hire private handymen! We just need to find a place that's hiring one of those! Though...I'm not too great with machines...but I'm sure they'd be offering easier jobs, that even I could do, too!" He rubbed his hands together in anticipation, seeming quite excited about this new business venture. "So, where do you wanna start looking? Uptown? Downtown? ...Actually scratch uptown I just saw a vision of some huge walking shark thing eating us if we go up there bUT HEY--downtown is still an option! How does that sound? You ready for some serious job hunting, partner?" He grinned and extended his hand towards Zion to shake--apparently this would seal the deal in his mind. After all, he felt like being a little bit dramatic--he hadn't had any friends aside from Echo in forever, so this was kind of great!

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down