Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins)

+3
MochaLatte
Emu Queen
Amazing Pan-Sensei
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Empty Re: Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins)

Post  MochaLatte Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:32 am

Emilia Melchiott

The Valkyrie

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Tsutsu__by_mikadosaya-d6rxd1c-1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Emilia walked into Charles office with the rest of the Suicide Squad, and right behind Rommel. Her eyes were on Charles, and no one else. She crossed her arms before adjusting her hair to be in the back of her neck. Emilia didn't even say anything, just stared. Because what was she supposed to do? Ask for what they're reason was for being up here? It wasn't her job to do that, plus Jo would get annoyed at her if she did, and right now... Emilia didn't want any more fights with Jo. She just wanted their relationship to be smooth as icing with only little bumps on the cake.

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Empty Re: Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins)

Post  Emu Queen Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Jo10_zpsc3eff6a1

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i`m a solder through and through
i am anything but weak
the thunder trembles when i speak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

______________________________________________________________________________________

Jo was one of the first of the Suicide Squad to make her way into Charles` office- as if she were in some sort of rush. She still seemed quite visibly exhausted, subdued and unresponsive- not to mention a fair flush of color stuck to the back of her skin thanks to her prior drinking. It was still morning, too... when it occurred to her that she possibly reaked of alcohol, she took steps to distance herself from the rest of her squad mates, wrinkling her nose a bit-
Once she had made her distance, she glanced back at the others- pausing as she looked at Emilia. That outfit sure was...new--? "You look cute..." She murmured, very briefly offering a strained, sad smile before redirecting her attention elsewhere. She couldn`t help but feel guilty- after all, she`d been making a point out of avoiding Emilia for a while now... with how she`d been acting- someone as loud as Emilia would most definetely not be good for her health...
Now was most likely the time she was supposed she was to ask Charles what it was he wanted- but, Jo said nothing, instead staring off rather vacantly at nothing in particular.
She seemed to be in deep thought about something...    

______________________________________________________________________________________

Jo`s theme - Special Op
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Daiteikoku-Rommel-1

There are some who challenge death....there are others whom embrace it...
ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"Sup?"
Rommel walked in. Boy was he a sight right now. Bandages from wounds with splotches of black on them from time to time. He was shirtless with a skinny skeleton looking cybernetic arm that would spaz out every once and a while, since Rommel wasn't used to this type of thing yet. He had his normal pants and boots on though. He looked at the girls, not saying anything else other then his greeting. He leaned against the wall, waiting for this meeting to start.

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Screenshot2012-01-27at44737PM
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Emilia Melchiott

The Valkyrie

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Tsutsu__by_mikadosaya-d6rxd1c-1

Emilia continued to stare off into space until she heard Jo compliment on her dress. She paused for a moment, breaking her contact with Charles briefly, but still her head looking forward. "Uh... Thank you... Jo..." Emilia looked to the side. "You look better then yesterday... Wanna talk about it later?" she whispered since Jo looked like she needed to talk to someone.

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Smile50_zps92bf7d69

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt
-------------------------------------
"Sometimes, I like to imagine zhat I have control over my life...hah. Vhat a childish illusion."

Lukas quietly made his way into the room, not attracting much attention to his entrance. He moved and stood by one of the back walls, hands shoved into his pants pockets. He didn't really know what to say--or whether anything really needed to be said at this point. He couldn't help but feel a slight bit of irritation over the prospect of a combat mission--though it was probably because of his degree of success in their prior missions. He held himself to high standards, and while he had done generally well at Carrion Land, the previous missions...not so much. Whatever it was that Charles wanted them to do, he just hoped that it went smoothly...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smile's Theme - Quid Sum Miser
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Boy59_zps9efb9202

Jasper Everhart
*Hemlock*
-------------------------
"I know everything about you... I can see it- all laid out before my eyes... The picture of you they have on file really is quite cute!~"

Jasper slipped into Charles' office as quietly as he could, glancing over everyone who was there and trying to decide where to stand- over by Jo, for moral support...? Or by Smile, to show friendship? He was hesitant to do either, still unsure about letting himself trust people... But after a moment he slid over towards Smile, taking up a position beside him- if anything, it made him less noticeable, which he'd prefer... Especially right now. He didn't know what Charles wanted but he doubted it would be good, nor easy, nor even remotely pleasant- but they'd get it done, he knew they would...

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Paladi11

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Charle11
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Zombie arrived at Charles' office around the same time as Rommel and Emilia did, mostly because he had pretty much left with them, though he largely ignored them and everyone else. It was even clear now that Zombie wouldn't even be here if not for the fact that his boss commanded it. He stayed silence as he usually did as of late, even in the presence of the full team. There were a few notable missing faces here, primarily Malena and Wei, who were out on other missions at the moment, primarily against Black Dragon. So as far as Charles was concerned, the gang was all here. Upon the arrival of Jasper, the man stood up from his desk, he had just been there looking at a picture frame for some time, not speaking a word to the team until they were all there. He cleared his throat, before looking to them with a deadpan expression "Gentlemen... you're going to need some drinks for this..." he muttered, pulling out some whiskey and pouring glasses for everyone in the team "Because I believe its about time I explain everything to you all... and... its going to be hard to believe..." he muttered to them, pulling open a drawer in his desk and pulling out a single photograph. It was an old rustic photograph, it looked as if it had been pulled right out of the 1920s, it was covered in transparent plastic, to apparently keep it from deteriorating. This photograph, oddly enough, was of a familiar face. There was no mistaking it, it was of the leader of Black Dragon, The Mistress. Charles slid the photograph across his desk to the team "This photograph dates back to 1929... Black Tuesday to be exact."
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"I am Charles Paladin, Founder and CEO of Paladin Industries, and I have big plans for the world..."
Charles Theme- L

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

http://www.newts-in-suits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:51 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

Rommel raised an eyebrow at the picture, and took a step forward. He looked at the picture very closely. He said nothing, but was just looking at it. Finally, he pointed at it.
"Photoshop!" he said, very affirmed to his claim this photo was faked. "There is no way her boobs could be that large. No woman could support them!" he said, and then took a step back. "And, she'd be dead of course." now attempting...ATTEMPTING...to be serious. Nah, Rommel was never serious.

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 Screenshot2012-01-27at44737PM
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Emu Queen Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:53 am

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

"...Maybe..." Jo murmured back to Emilia, her voice meek and hoarse still-- she didn`t look ahead at Charles, instead focused on a rather vintage looking decoration on his wall. The slightest bit of movement would tip off her headache all over again- and right now, she was trying to focus on banishing her stupid goosebumps--
Once Charles actually spoke, however, Jo looked at him in the corner of her eye- sight focused on the picture frame he held. She recognized it on a glance, and even as marred as her mental state was now-- merely looking at the woman made her chest tighten, and her eyes sharpen into glare. It wasn`t the full emotion, not as it had been that day- but it was enough to make her shoulders tremble. She seemed to notice her body`s involuntary reaction to this image- and straightened her posture awkwardly, taking in a sharp in calming breath, her expression sober and grim. She only became more subdued as Charles mentioned alcohol, frowning more at that- she blinked several times over, trying to rid herself of the static buzzing in her head...
She tried to look at the photograph for more than the woman pictured within it, evaluating the frame and quality- she deduced it to have stemmed back from the 1930s at the very least, and when Charles revealed the actual year-- Jo mentally patted herself on the back.
When Rommel`s reaction came, Jo opened her mouth to testify that the Mistress` breasts were very well real-- but, couldn`t force the sounds from her throat. She sighed quietly instead, giving Charles a bit of a nudging look, and working on relaxing more. She had a foreboding feeling about this upcoming conversation... and she only hoped she could take it as she was right now...  

Jo`s theme - Special Op
Emu Queen
Emu Queen
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

http://comicbookprotagonist.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:00 am

Zombie took a few steps towards Rommel, staring at the picture before visibly just shrugging and making some distance between him and everyone else again. He didn't seem to buy it, but hey, he'd seen some weird shit before, so he could be convinced. Charles stood tall, not even so much as cracking a smile at Rommel's joke "I assure you I'm not kidding. I crossed paths with her when I was but a young man... and she looked exactly the same as she does today. This woman does not age... but I assure you there is no magic or witchcraft involved. No. Such fantastic elements are limited only to our imagination. I can attest to her youthful experience as I know exactly how she appears as such... and I would display its effects if not for the fact that The Family currently hoards her source of youth. You see... many... MANY... years ago... the woman you now know as The Mistress discovered a chemical compound, one that restores the human body to its peak physique. She bathes in these chemicals once every few decades to restore her youth, currently... these chemicals are being housed under Highend... and..." Charles let out a sigh, he sat back down and clasped his hands together. This was only the beginning, ironically enough, Xiu's eternal youth was the most believable part of what Charles had to explain "There's more... but its... slight more unbelievable than eternal youth, I'm afraid..."
"I am Charles Paladin, Founder and CEO of Paladin Industries, and I have big plans for the world..."
Charles Theme- L

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:20 am

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"So...let me get this straight..." Rommel said, apparently he was gonna be asking the questions here. "This...Mistress lady thing with the giant tits...is using a chemical under Highend for a sort of immortality thing? So...if there was anything wrong with the person...one dip in that goo would make it right...right? Like...cleanse them or something?" this was very important now. For a personal reason. "It...does more?" he asked, glaring and sounding serious.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:25 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt
"Sometimes, I like to imagine zhat I have control over my life...hah. Vhat a childish illusion."

As Charles offered whiskey to everyone, Lukas decided to pass on it--if the man had something important to tell them, he didn't want to risk being incoherent when he was told. He noted the contents of the photograph that they were shown, but didn't have anything to say on the matter. Yet, the date did pique his interest slightly. That should have been impossible...unless there was some other explanation, which Charles was about to impart to them...
And apparently there was--and it was a bit unbelievable, but Lukas decided to go along with it for now. Charles didn't seem like the kind of man to joke, either way--so as weird as this all seemed, it was probably the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 am

Emilia Melchiott

The Valkyrie

Emilia was going to agree with Rommel on this one. No way is this woman still alive, or still functioning as she... Normally does. "So this... IS actually the Mistress..." Emilia asked as she placed a hand on head. This was a bit to take in. She had only seen the Mistress once and she was sure that the woman was in her 30s, late or even early. "So this chemical that appears to be the key to eternal youth... If you guys know about it, and it's under Highend... Why haven't you gone in and destroyed it yet? And or better... Take this compound and study it? This just sounds too... To science fiction." she commented, but this was the nicest way she could put it.

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  RichNuttyTaste Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 pm

T h e -- B u r n i n g -- R e s o l v e

W e i

❝I will attain my freedom❞

Wei's Theme

Paladin HQ // Charles' Office (Paladin) (Ruins) - Page 2 6ba0a669-d9bb-4e50-bcf8-a062e6641404_zpsc13ab341

Wei skulked out of the line of sight of his fellow force members, but listened on. The fragrance and odorous scent of his little outrage was still circling around him. The scent was of overwhelming charred flesh and blood. He took a bit of pride smelling such aromas. He listened in on the talk of Xiu. The name that scorn the memories that were not his own. The talk of her eternal youth was something of interest to take in, but he found little need for it

Emilia's reaction to the information amused him for some reason. Files of NML tells of men and monsters living in the place. Humans like Tate or even manbeasts like Juan proved the idea that the world they live in was not something so grounded in reality. He was also curious of the elimination of Xiu's real weakness, is Charles weaker than her. He looked at his master for a moment. In his burgundy spot suit and red splattered white bandages.
He watched the Task Force shared their collective thoughts of the situation of Black Dragon's Matriarch. Then he drew his eye on his leader. What disdain he had for her currently

He looked toward Charles. A mixture of fear and hate drew in his eyes for him too. His curved animal like teeth were barely visible as he looked at the man, but with no mistake he thought of a multitude of things against this man as well. For the moment Wei looked as if he was a dog that was abused staring back at his much higher owner...In someway he looked too pitiful against the imposing figure of Charles he saw.

Newt Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 pm

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

For whatever reason, Charles mentioning that there was no witchcraft or magic involved flushed Jo`s mind out with a heated flash of relief that was almost strong enough to just about send tears to her eyes-- almost close enough. She remained stoical, and disturbingly neutral as Charles went on- though, it was this information alone that was enough to make her eyes open just a bit wider. She took in a sharp breath, still saying nothing- but remaining isolated in her own troubled thoughts. This was most likely the first time since she had been able to drink that she hadn`t jumped on an offer for alcohol- Jo was certainly not up to par.
She knew it. She was right- the Mistress was no ordinary human. No-- she wasn`t human to begin with. Some sort of horrid demoness, an actual monster-- her existence was a stain, a nightmare that had breached into Jo`s reality- and it had no place being there. At the very least, this thought process brought a smidgen of a fire to Jo`s eyes, a touch of energy to her demeanor as she reminded herself why she was where she was today- to cleanse reality of abnormalities such as the Mistress. The Mistress, and all her little psychics-
The very slight explanation to the enigma that was the Mistress that Charles supplied was comforting, so to say. Even it was was outer worldly logic, there was some form of logic being injected into something unexplainable- and Jo found solace in that. She found herself not pondering the idea of a literal fountain of youth too much- he had mentioned chemicals, meaning it wasn`t a naturally created substance, at least. Taking all this into consideration was putting quite the hefty strain on Jo`s mentality, that she knew- but she couldn`t help but want to know more, anything that would explain these things that had been haunting her for months on end...
She glanced at Rommel, a frown still painted upon her lips but her eyes betraying caution and concern- his prying seemed far too intense for it`s face value. The bluenette was still abnormally quiet as she eyed Charles next, prompting him to continue with a look.  

Jo`s theme - Special Op
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Charles nodded to Rommel with a straight face, it was clear this man wasn't fooling around "Yes. Correct." he replied bluntly, he wanted to make it clear that there was no place for jokes in this conversation "I assure you all, as silly as my words may seem, I am absolutely serious. I have just received urgent news and it is now clear that you all my be informed. Please note that this information is on a need-to-know basis... no one outside of Task Force 0 is permitted to know such information and if I hear any of you giving this information out I will have no choice but to terminate you and whomever you told this information to." and just like that, Charles made it clear just how important this intel was, it isn't like anyone would believe them anyways, but such news of a spring of youth would... definitely not bid well if known by the public. Charles heard Emilia's words, and with his typical strict to business look he answered "As you've no doubt seen... Black Dragon is equal in power to Paladin, if not more powerful. We couldn't risk going to war with them until now... as you all know, Mario Falcone and The Family were just pawns of Black Dragon, their first line of defense if you will. They kept Highend strictly guarded for years. Now that Mario Falcone is dead... Eve Falcone is doing the same with vicious aggression, though she is no pawn of Xiu, she will not leave Highend, she see's it and everything under it as hers alone." he informed Emilia "Paladin Industries would have destroyed it if not for the sheer defenses its displayed." next, Charles dropped some files on the desk, Hal Innsmouth and Tate Amaranth, it was just their basic information, not even any interviews, but it was information on them "Hal Innsmouth, Tate Amaranth, Dianhua Nanhai, the list goes on... Black Dragon collects psychics like Jo collects pornography. I'm sure you've all noticed. There is a reason for this... and its a lot more haunting than you would think..." Charles pulled out a single picture, tossing it onto the desk as well. It was a large, building-looking contraption that seemed to float into the air. Anyone informed on what it is would know it as Heavenly Treasure "The machine you see before you is called Heavenly Treasure... it runs off the essence of four particular psychics... Hal and Tate are two of the four..."
Charles Theme- L

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Emilia Melchiott

The Valkyrie

Emilia nodded her head, so no talking about this with anyone else outside of the team. "Yes, and it's a bit disturbing, but... Not all that surprising sorry to say." Emilia said as Charles mentioned that the Black Dragon was not only equal too, but along with more powerful then Paladin. Emilia frowned at the fact that Eve and the Family wasn't leaving, and then the thought of the Family having a fountain of Youth, especially that crazy woman and her people... It just made Emilia shudder. She looked at the files, "Well... Hal is at least out of the picture..." Emilia whispered to herself since she knew the man was dead, unless there was news she wasn't aware of. Only one left was this Tate guy, and she only saw him in the battle against the Family. Then there was this... Dan... Dianu... Dianhua fellow. "Uh-Ahem, aside from Jo's hobby... This Heavenly Treasure... Is there a way to deactivate it OR... Are we gonna have to fight these psychics one by one to take it out of business... What's the plan here?" Emilia asked as she thought about what she could do to this thing. Maybe if she had blueprints she could... Find a weakness in this... Flying Building.

MochaLatte
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 am

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

Rommel didn't give twelve shits about the psychics, Heavenly Treasure, or Black Dragon at this point. That pool was what he was interested in. He needed to get there, at this point, or at least learn what it was. He needed to. At this point...he had to.
But for now...he needed to listen. He growled softly, in a low tone, thinking. Black Dragon was pretty fucked up.
"So...two things then...why are you telling us, and what are we doing about it?" he asked, wanting to pace, but no, he couldn't.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:33 am

"I'm afraid we're already lost as far as Hal is involved." Charles replied to Emilia, letting out a sigh "The machine absorbs their essences... it weakens them for a degree of time, but in the end its largely and easy machine to operate as far as the psychics are involved. Hal Innsmouth already gave his essence before he passed, and we must assume Tate has done the same. In other words Black Dragon is already half way to their goal..." he told them all, and as Rommel continued to ask questions, Charles motioned for him to stop "In due time... I must explain what this thing exactly does... and specifically... why Black Dragon has so many psychics. The truth is that a hundred years ago, psychics were at best rumors... it was possible that at best a dozen of them exists in the entire world... Black Dragon changed that. Over the last century they've been working in the shadows, selectively breeding psychics together with humans with high aptitude for birthing more... in a few generations they've grown much more common, and though they are still somewhat rare, there are hundreds of them in existence today. The four psychics needed to power Heavenly Treasure are psychics with extremely high aptitude, they essentially only come into existence under very specific breeding... and when their collective powers are harvested into this machine... Heavenly Treasure is capable of the unthinkable." he spoke, turning his back on the group and staring out at the window, his eyes just looking to the wastelands that surrounded No Man's Land "Psychics' minds are developed to a superhuman level... I'm sure you've seen the powers they display... they can also all sense other human beings, some can read minds, they all feel a connection to each other... they... all have a very powerful link to the rest of our species. In truth... we are all linked together... as a species... and with this machine... with the four parts of Heavenly Treasure harvested, The Mistress and Black Dragon will be able to control and manipulate humanity's Noosphere, our collective consciousness... humanity will be but an army of puppets under Xiu's control..." Charles turned back to them, glaring into each and every one of their eyes "I'm sure you all understand what it means if Black Dragon succeeds..."
Charles Theme- L

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 am

Jasper Everhart
*Hemlock*
"I know everything about you... I can see it- all laid out before my eyes... The picture of you they have on file really is quite cute!~"

Jasper was seemingly the only person to accept a glass of whiskey, and he knocked it back all at once quite easily, his mask being moved just long enough for him to drink it before he fixed it back in place and settled in to listen. And listen... and listen some more.
It all sounded... a bit like some sort of weird, fucked up dream, honestly. He really didn't know how to react- sure, he was shocked, and a bit disbelieving, but he was an expert at hiding his emotions, at least usually, and he was putting that into use- he showed absolutely no reaction to everything Charles told them, and he didn't comment either. He just listened, nodding slowly when at last Charles got to the part about why such an object falling into Black Dragon's hands would be bad. Still though, that begged the question...
"... So is our mission to destroy it... or are you wanting us to capture it for you?" he asked, cocking his head to the side and staring at the man quietly. Obviously, if Charles was telling them this, he wanted them to do something for him- but he wanted to know what... Because as much as he considered Charles better than that woman, as marvelous and terrifying as her boobs may happen to be, he wasn't sure what he thought about either of them getting control over something so powerful...
Not that he could really do anything to stop Charles if he wanted them to capture it for him, but he at least wanted to know beforehand what he was getting into. Ignorance was not bliss- not all the time, and never to him.

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:05 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

As Lukas listened, his crossed arms seemed to tense a bit--each thing that Charles went over just seemed to get worse and worse. His brows furrowed together in a troubled frown, processing everything that was being dished out to them right now. And as Charles continued on--Lukas found himself being less and less okay with this so-called 'Heavenly Treasure.' He wouldn't so much as bat an eye for most people, even if they were brutally murdered--but considering his own situation, he had never been exactly okay with such precarious situations as total control. And something like subconscious control...it struck an even more sour note with him.
"So if Black Dragon succeeds, zhen...zhere vouldn't be anyvone to oppose any of zheir later schemes..." he murmured quietly under his breath. "And, if ve go off zhe idea zhat zhey don't have zhe purest of intentions..." He fell quiet as Jasper spoke then, glancing at Charles after the silverette had spoken, seeming somewhat surprised at himself for not realizing that possibility, before speaking up, this time a bit more loudly, "It vould probably be in everyvone's best interest for us to destroy it, ja...?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:36 am

osephine eaumont
QUEEN CALAMITY  

i am anything but weak

[ ♔ ♚ ♔ ]

Jo continued to listen with the utmost neutrality- until the Family was mentioned, and she frowned. She`d always respected the Family as a whole, no matter how their leadership changed- hearing them being called a pawn of Black Dragon by someone whom she considered a voice of reason was... disheartening at best...
Her gently frown became yards more pronounced as psychics entered the conversation. Her sight very clearly trained onto the files, she glowered- she`d dealt with right hand men of the Mistress before, but... the new one-- he was different. There was no game of deduction she could play with Tate, no mental ace in the hole she could pull from her sleeve to save the day this time-- no, beating this one meant battling another psychic face to face. Which, of course-- she was more than capable of doing, as history dully noted... yet, something about the thought now... it was as if something had changed...
Her very serious train of thought was derailed by Charles mentioning her porn- which was, of course, enough to make a bright crimson blush bloom on her features. She opened her mouth to stutter out a protest- and then Charles kept talking... and listening was probably something that should take priority.
The photo of Heavenly Truth was displayed next- and Jo leaned forward slightly, staring down at the picture with wide, shocked eyes, the nerves of her stomach twisting in disgusted knots. She had... heard that name before, hadn`t she...? Way back during the Kraven incident- on the disc that Kraven had given her... the one about Black Dragon- this was the one section which corrupted data. It certainly clicked now-- why they would want to be sure no one would read that tidbit... And as she thought back to the plenitude of other shocking things she`d learned about on that disc- this certainly didn`t seem out of place. Jo`s mine worked at a lightning fast pace as Emilia and Rommel asked their questions-- this was why the Inquisitor was born. He was breeded, specifically for Black Dragon`s purpose- she couldn`t help but wonder if the three psychics Charles had listed were all the same. If they had all lived their lives working for that monster`s benefit...
Jo remained frozen in place, slightly leaning over Charles` desk and staring down at the photo of Heavenly Treasure as Charles continued to explain- as if she hadn`t fully processed everything just yet. When Charles confirmed her suspicions on psychics being breeded, she glanced up at him very briefly- before allowing her gaze to flicker back down. She didn`t so much as have to consider the possibility of the Mistress having pure intentions of any sort- that thing was pure evil, and it`d be a cold day in hell before Jo let humanity become her plaything...
Once Smile`s question came around, Jo lifted her head, looking at Charles urgently- this had been the first time she had spoken throughout the whole meeting, her voice and words weighing heavy on the already tense atmosphere. "Wait... why destroy it...? The two other parts of it are... in the city, aren`t they...? Why... destroy something so... useful...?" She asked, slowly and quietly- she glanced back down at the photo then, a thoughtful yet somewhat off-kilter smile slowly spreading upon her lips. "Think of what we could do with a machine like this... we could stop anyone from committing any crime ever again...! Why would we want to destroy it...? Do you know what this could mean for mankind...? We could reverse the catacalysm... we could save the world with this...! Everything is dying out there, and we have the power to save it...!" Despite her now painted smile, the vacant look and monotone quality never left her voice- making for quite the concerning mix. "...All we have to do... is kill the Mistress... then, no one would be able to kill ever again..."  

Jo`s theme - Special Op
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Amazing Pan-Sensei Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:27 am

Charles kept a deadpan expression as three of his team members spoke out... but he was amused, if only by their reactions. He always loved predicting how human beings would react, Jo in particular. In particular... Jo's response almost immediately reminded him of his younger self... and Xiu. The man cleared his throat, collecting his thoughts before actually bringing himself to answer them "All we know is that this machine is located under Highend, what it does, and what it needs... dozens of Paladin spies died for us to get this information... and i'm afraid they're all dead now." he spoke, straightening his tie as he stood tall, like a true figure of authority "As Smile said... it would be best to destroy this machine..." he spoke, clearing his throat before looking to Jo "I'm sure the idea of using this machine to make everything perfect sounds nice Josephine... but the truth is... that's a shortcut... and not one that will work out for the best. Trust me... I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, or child on the planet... and this machine is a mistake waiting to happen... NO ONE can use it... just like no one can use the chemicals... I will not have anyone developing a god complex, not under my roof." he muttered, shooting a glare to Jo "I'm sure you're all wondering why I wait until now to tell you this... I'm sure your first thoughts was that I didn't trust you all until now... which is true to some extent... but the real reason is because its been confirmed that Killer Queen... the psychics our team ran into the other day, is the third piece of Heavenly Treasure... if she is acquired than victory will practically be in Xiu's hands." Charles began to look each and every squad member in the eye "Here's what we're going to do... we're taking Highend from The Family... now. And then we're going to find Killer Queen and put her under out watch... understood everybody...?"
Charles Theme- L

Amazing Pan-Sensei
Amazing Pan-Sensei
Ruler of Newts
Ruler of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:25 am

Jasper Everhart
*Hemlock*

Jasper glanced up some as Smile spoke, nodding a little to his words- that certainly seemed to be true- he knew he didn't want Black Dragon to succeed... The thought of the Mistress in charge of the world nearly made him want to retch. He withheld the urge though, waiting to hear Charles' response-
But before he could speak, Jo was. And though he'd been about to nod to Smile's question, certainly agreeing... Jo's words took him a bit by surprise. Sure, he knew she was... a little unstable at times- but to hear those words from her mouth... He was shocked, to say the least. He stared at her quietly, mouth dry with trepidation- he wanted to speak, but he couldn't find the words. How... could Jo truly believe in what she had just said...?
"Why destroy it...? Jo, do you even hear what you're saying? This- this thing has the possibility to take all free will in the world away, and yeah, you could probably stop crime- but isn't that one of the biggest crimes of all? To make everyone just mindless, obedient puppets...? How could you--" The white haired male broke of as Charles spoke for him, still looking as if he had more to say but simply nodding some for his words as the other said it wouldn't be a good idea to use this abominable thing. Though, when he started talking about why they hadn't been trusted to know before... he was tempted to roll his eyes. Who would trust them right off, even if they had bombs in their heads making them obey? They were criminals, for god's sake...
Once Charles mentioned what their mission would be, he nodded- quite frankly, it... made sense. If they captured Highend first, they could ensure its safety much better than the Family could... and if they had Killer Queen under their protection as well, they could prevent the Mistress from getting her hands on her.
"Understood," he replied, nodding slowly. He was still somewhat shocked by all they had learned... but he kept the emotion carefully confined, as well as his concern over what Jo had said- he wanted to talk to her more, but he didn't know if he should do it with everyone around... he didn't know if he could handle actually questioning her and hearing more of this horrid idea spouting from her mouth...

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Lukas had been fairly sure that everyone would agree with the idea of destroying the machine--so when Jo proclaimed the opposite, he actually looked outwardly surprised for a moment, looking at Jo and seeming both confused and wary. He would've understood it if she had been all fired up--like some naive grasp for justice in hopes of making everyone happy. However, the tone of her voice gave her words a whole new tone--one that seemed downright...well, almost sinister. He didn't say anything in response to her--but Jasper did, which he supposed was a good thing. Any plan of action that didn't involve destroying Heavenly Treasure was far too dangerous--and if his sister was out there somewhere, he wasn't about to let himself, or her, be controlled like that by any higher power. He listened well to their mission, then gave a faint, but serious nod, conveying that he understood. This mission seemed more important than anything they had done previously--they would need to make sure to do better than they had ever done before in order to see this through properly. Mistakes weren't an option.

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next