Whispering Meadows, Summer Camp for the Gifted

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Whispering Meadows, Summer Camp for the Gifted

Post  Vladislavich on Mon May 19, 2014 10:48 am

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
"Yes, Sami," she said. I am the matter. This is my fault. I let down my illusion and she saw me. I freaked out. I yelled at her, she thought in Sami's direction, hoping she would pick up the signal. She turned to Zoey. "I'm so, so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I just... I panic. Please. Don't tell anyone about what you saw, except for Sami here... I'm so sorry." Cassandra bowed her head apologetically. "And if you don't forgive me, I don't blame you."
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Mon May 19, 2014 11:23 am

Sami
Monroe

The Crippled and All Knowing Counselor
Sami's Theme- I'm tired of all the pain
I am a cripple...a useless corpse for society to mock

Sami pet Zoey as Cassie came over. She got the message, and just nodded.
"Alright. It's going to be okay you two. Zoey, why don't you pack your stuff in your cabin, and during dinner, we can talk more about your photos? I'm very interested and want to hear from you." she smiled at the red head. "Cassandra, come with me." she lifted herself off the ground and moved away toward the bridge, beckoning Cassandra to follow her.

People can be so cruel
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Mon May 19, 2014 11:30 am

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
"Of course." She followed. She knew she was about to, if nothing else, get a stern talking to, and she knew she deserved it. She braced herself to eat crow. I've messed up, big time.
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon on Mon May 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Mackenzie Flint
Spunky Camper
-------------------------------------
"H-Hey--! It doesn't matter how I look or act, it just matters that I try my best!"

Mack blinked at the two girls in surprise, finally speaking after a moment once Cherry and Kieran had greeted her.
"H-Hi...! Oh, and--I didn't--uh--run out of the cabin--I-I mean, I did! But--I mean--I just had to--uh--go to the bathroom really bad...?" Smooth. Real smooth. "A-And yeah! That's a cool power! You sure seem good at controlling it...I...uh...I guess that I made a pretty bad impression before...maybe I should try starting over..." Ugh, she was so embarrassed! She had no idea how to act around people--especially not other girls. She wasn't even sure if she was doing the whole 'girl' thing right, either!

From underneath his covers, Blythe heard his phone buzz. He sat up, looking over at his bag, then actually reaching into it and pulling his phone out, checking the text that Rose had sent him.
"Wh--'Pansy'?! But--she knows that I can't cook--! I...oh, forget it." he huffed irritatedly, tossing his phone back into his bag and flopping back down under his covers. He wasn't going to risk getting all of the campers sick with his cooking again. "Whatever..." he grumbled to himself, his feelings obviously hurt. "They don't need me anyways...it won't make any difference whether I go or not..." He could hear music from outside--it even sounded like D'eon was playing along with his flute. But Blythe didn't move--he kind of just wanted to stay there and sulk for a little while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mack's Theme - Pink Terror

Blythe Flint
Fiery C.I.T.
"Hey, exploding isn't so bad once you get used to it! ...You're...going to ignore that crater over there, right...?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gauge Cyrus
Energetic Camper
"Hey, c'mon, don't give up! You've got to just keep on moving ahead!"

Gauge watched as Vaughn quickly and skillfully changed the sheets--knowing full well that if he, himself, had tried to do that, then he wouldn't have been able to do it nearly as fast.
"Whoa--uh--thanks! Now bugs won't get in my bed! Your dad's a smart guy!"
Then suddenly man with a banjo--
"Whoa--! I--uh--wow, where did he come from? Well--at the very least, that guy's got style!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gauge's Theme - Skyscraper High
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Mon May 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Sami
Monroe

Sami took Cassie to her office.
"Have a seat." she said, and took a seat herself. She let out a sigh. "Now...you said you yelled at the girl because she found out her secret? And your secret about your being? I want you to be honest with me Cassie. Please." she waited to listen.

People can be so cruel
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 am

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
Cassie sat down. "Yes. She, uhh... she found out about me being... you know... transgender." Her skin bristled at the word. She didn't like remembering it. "And I freaked out. I overreacted. I'm so used to people that find out judging me, excluding me, sometimes even attacking me, that I expected this would be the same. I had let my illusion down because I didn't expect anyone else to come in. I'd figured everyone had unpacked and was headed towards the food." She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "And when she came in, I froze. I couldn't move. I was scared. And instead of dealing with that fear in a constructive way, I broke down. First crying. Then screaming. Words cannot describe the combination of guilt and embarrassment I feel right now. Zoey seems like a nice girl. She didn't deserve to be treated that way..." Cassie looked down at her feet. No one deserves that... no one at all... especially not her.
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Tue May 20, 2014 10:56 am

Vaughn Serenes
Strong Timid Camper
"I mean...no...it's just...okay...I guess..."

"My Dad sort of overpacked with me. This is one of the first times I left home without him or my other dad with me." he said, and then heard Serge and Tou'rill and...D'eon? Oh okay. He peeked his head outside. "Uhh...I'm frightened by this..." he stayed inside.
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Tue May 20, 2014 11:00 am

D'eon Beckett
Stern Studious Psychic
"Those with power use it harshly...I use it sparingly."
D'eon's Theme- I May Fall

D'eon smiled as the song continued. He looked at Serge and Tou'rill, and kept going with them. As the song ended, he bowed out and went back to fix the fire pit. That was fun, though a little weird, since it happened kind of instinct. He finished up with everything.
"Hey, I'm all done here, need my help Blythe?" he texted to his friend.
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Tue May 20, 2014 11:25 am

Sami
Monroe

"Right." she got up. "Cassandra dear, you need to remember something." she said, "This whole camp is one FULL of misfits...people who don't fit in with the norms of society. At this camp," she went to the window. "It's our job to make people PROUD of who they are...a psychic, a transgender, a boy or girl. I'm not saying go back and tell everyone "Hey look I'm a boy accept me...no. I'm saying that you must understand that everyone here is different, nervous and scared, just as much as you are. But...if you allow people in, make friends, and build trust in your comrades, then you'll have a much better time." she smiled at her. "Do you understand?"

People can be so cruel
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Tue May 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
Cassandra stood up. "I understand, but..." she looked down, "I'm not proud to be trans. I hate it. I hate that a couple of miscalibrated chemicals decided that I was male. I should have been born with a female body! I shouldn't have had to worry about hormone therapy, or being kicked out, or even needing this damned hallucikinesis! Because, as science has shown, transpeople have the brains of their actual gender, pickled in the hormones of their sex. I have a woman's brain that has been poisoned with testosterone. But that's no good to anyone! Because when you pop out, the doctor looks between your legs to decide everything!" Cassandra began tearing up. "I'm not a boy. I'm a transwoman. But I don't want to be that either..." Cassandra looked up.

Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MercutianUnknown on Tue May 20, 2014 3:02 pm

No, It's OK, Ignore the Freak...

I'm Probably not Worth your time anyway
&_&| Brian Bohart |&_&
The Misfit Counselor

Brian looked up at Touril... Oh that noise he heard must have been Serge falling out of the sky......... again... I prefer to keep to myself Mrs. Vertigo... you know that... He looked back to his writing for a moment, scribbled a note somewhere... He had promised her that... Of course he hadn't originally planned to come back to the camp when he did... after his... accident... but where else could he go?... He looked up at Touril... she was doing something with her powers... FINE Alright... He could have cancelled her ability with his own emotion powers but... he didn't trust himself with things of that level anymore... He got up and walked over to the camp fire closing his book and putting it and his pen in his pocket... He looked over to Sami as he sensed a bit of tension on the telepathic waves... He wasn't as good as Sami in it, mostly cause he was out of practice in everything not paperwork and colors but he felt something... He sent over a little midwave message to Sami Sami everything OK over there?... Call if you need someone.... He worried about Sami sometimes... not because of her disability just because of her caring nature, he always wanted to look out an help her when possible.

&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|...Ow, My Nose! It's Always My Nose!...|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&|&_&

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serge Vertigo
THE SUN!

Serge looked over to D'eon and gave him a thumbs up as the song went by... Serge looked around for Touril... Oh she and Brian were talkin'... He looked around then clapped D'eon on the back... Not bad man!... Serge sat down on a log and tuned his banjo setting up for another song... How long you been playin' man?... You're pretty good.

Sun, Sonne, Sol, Zon, sunce, matahari, õrùn, haul, ແສງຕາເວັນ, Solis, Soare, rãnã, qorraxda, сонцето, ήλιος, soleil, päike, slnko, 太阳, 太陽
MercutianUnknown
E-Rank Super Criminal
E-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Tue May 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Tou'rill Vertigo
Serge Vertigo's wife

If any of you, try stealing my Serge away from me...haha I'll make it so my voice is the last thing you ever hear...
Enjoy camp. This really is a wonderful time. You all are capable of almost anything.

Tou'rill smiled serenely at Brian, displeased with his answer. He didn't seem to appreciate all that she and Serge were doing, falling out of the sky and putting on a show like this for the campers! Not every camp could say their counselors did that.
But Brian, you need to interact with people! It's important that we make a connection with our campers they look up to us after all.
She smiled at him, her pink aura seeming to grow by the moment. Her smiled widened when he said he would watch their show. She skipped happily after the smaller counselor. The camp fires were always fun. Tou'rill just hoped there wasn't a repeat of last year. Some female campers hadn't seemed to understand the meaning of the word Married and had tried to make themselves intimate with her Serge. Clearing up that misunderstanding hadn't been fun. Tou'rill hugged Serge from behind, happily burying her head into his back for a moment to try and erase these unwanted thoughts. After she had safely erased such negative feelings, she moved next to Serge on his log, still keeping a loving hold on his arm. After she was assured her husband was in her sights and that no little girls were going to try anything foolish, she examined the area. Brian seemed concerned about something. She didn't know what though. He was a good counselor though, even if he was too shy for his own good. She was confident he could handle it. Tou'rill turned to D'eon, smiling,
D'eon your music was lovely! We had no idea you could play like that.

Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Tue May 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Kieran Titan
Fiery Tomboy

Kieran smiled as Mack finally answered them. She seemed surprised the two had come after her. She hoped she had come off as friendly. Kieran still really wanted Mack to be her bunk mate. She held back a laugh at her friends answer. Her smile still somehow managing to stay in place, trying to sound like she actually brought the girls lie, which she really didn't, but if she understood something at the moment it was feeling awkward.
Yeah. I'm sure that was it. No, you didn't. But I wouldn't mind starting over.
She held her hand out to the girl and stood up. She looked towards the campfire then back at Mack and Cherry.
So, do either of you want to see what's going on? I thought I heard music awhile ago.  

Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte on Sat May 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Matrix

The Night Owl CIT

"Yeah the last thing I need is a sister poking my side going-." Matrix turned around made a facial expression. QUICK! GET THE CAMERAS! Of him smiling with huge eyes. "Beep, boop, pop!~ Your worried Trixy!" Matrix's emotion suddenly melted off of his face as he finished up the burgers and hotdogs. He looked towards the music. "Serge certainly has a way of drawing attention doesn't he?" Matrix commented as he wiped his hands off with his pants.

MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Sat May 24, 2014 9:01 pm

D'eon Beckett
Stern Studious Psychic
"Those with power use it harshly...I use it sparingly."
D'eon's Theme- I May Fall

D'eon blushed a little.
"Oh, it's nothing. Dad taught me the flute a little bit here and there...sometimes I get caught up when a song is being played and yeaaah...don't fret about it." he finished up the fire pit. "He's taught me over the course of 10 years, so, it's nothing huge."
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte on Sat May 24, 2014 9:03 pm

Cherry Binary

Matrix's Little Sister

"Yeah music was going on." Cherry said as she watched from the trees. "Mack, dude... Dude... It's okay." she said as she came down from the tree. "No need to explain." Cherry said as she skipped over to where the action was happening. "I'm hungry!" she yelled as she cartwheeled over to the food. "FEED ME!" she said as she chomped her jaws to Matrix. She received her hotdog and ate it silently.
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sat May 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer
-------------------------
"H-hi... Could I possibly take a picture of you...? N-not to be creepy or anything, I swear!!"

Zoey just sort of sat where she was quietly when Sami got up and led Cassandra away, watching them leave and simply remaining where she was for a few moments before she quietly got up and trailed into her cabin. Once there, she stared at all the beds and cubbies, figuring out which were taken before moving her things to what looked like an entirely empty bunk- she didn't want to just move in to a bed without asking someone if it'd be okay to be bunk mates... Sighing quietly, she took her camera from around her neck and set it down before unpacking her things, keeping everything neat and organized before she simply plopped onto her bed and buried her face in her ever-familiar pillow. God, she didn't want to go out where the others were bound to be...

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Sun May 25, 2014 2:35 am

Sami
Monroe

"And I want to be human Cassie. But I'm not." Sami looked down. Here we go. This was it. "I'm less then one...I'm...anyway...You can walk Cassie...you can skip...you have the ability to run away if things get dicey. Someone discovers you, pop up an illusion and run away." Sami took a seat. "I'm correct on this, right? I...don't have that ability, I cannot run because of my condition...so I have to take what others dish out...and believe you me, they dished out the pain like it was breakfast at the dog pound." she closed her eyes. "Believe yourself to be more fortunate then others, embrace the people who are struggling just as much as you are Cassie...I know it's difficult, but...I believe in you, let that be one person who will constantly be on your side." she smiled. "You can go Cassie. You're not in trouble, and if you want to talk, please come by anytime." she looked at the window.
"Brian...I...would like to speak to you..." she sent a mental message. She felt tears roll down her face. She was happy she cheered up Cassie, but remembering all of her own hauntings, she felt her walls coming down. The voices of the mocking echoed in her mind, the things they said. Those memories haunted her. All the way from Derry to here...

People can be so cruel

Last edited by The Hidden Spring on Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Sun May 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
Cassandra looked down at her feet. I do have privilege... this ability lets me do so much... She looked up at Sami. "Thank you, Sami. Thank you so much... you and Doctor Capote are basically the only ones who do truly believe in me these days... But still. That's more than some people have, and I'm privileged so have someone so great believe in me." She wrapped her arms around Sami. "Thank you." She released her grip, turned, and left the office. I should try to make amends with Zoey... she thought. The smell of hotdogs and hamburgers was unmistakable, as was the sound of Cherry's voice. I'll bring her here in a bit, then. She rapped on the door to the girls' cabin gently. "Zoey? Are you in here?"
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sun May 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer
"H-hi... Could I possibly take a picture of you...? N-not to be creepy or anything, I swear!!"

Zoey had just started to fall asleep when Cassandra knocked on the door, and she jerked upwards quickly with her cheeks coloring in embarrassment. How long had it been...? Had she actually fallen asleep, or not? She couldn't really tell- but she quickly realized just who had knocked and called out for her... "Y-yeah, I'm here...!" she called cautiously, her voice trembling just a bit. She was nervous to talk to anyone, let alone Cassie- what if she had gotten in trouble, and was mad at her...? She bit her lip worriedly as she hugged her knees to her chest and smoothed down her hair, waiting for the other to come in.

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Sun May 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
Cassandra entered slowly and walked over to Zoey. "Zoey, I'm sorry. I'm extremely sorry for what I did. It was wrong of me to yell at you because of my own carelessness. I didn't get in trouble," she looked down, "though, honestly, I should have. I only hope that you can forgive me, and, honestly, I can't blame you if you can't." Cassandra looked to Zoey. "Now you know the truth of the matter... that this all..." she gestured to herself and let her illusion flicker, "...is an illusion. I was born male, but I know, in my heart, that I am definitely female. I've struggled with that all my life. When I came out, I was thrown out of the house. Luckily, my aunt and uncle took me in. But people have always been so cruel to me about it, myself included... and I guess I projected that cruelty onto you. You don't deserve that. At all." Cassandra sighed. "I will never be able to apologize enough for this."
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sun May 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer

Zoey gnawed on her lip quietly as Cassie came inside, refusing to meet the other's eyes at first as she listened to her apology. Slowly, however, as the other continued speaking, her gaze drifted up- and when she saw the illusions flicker, she seemed to take a deep breath, waiting until Cassie was finished to begin speaking. "I... H-honestly, I don't-- I hate s-saying I don't care b-but I don't- I don't care what you are, who you are, y-you're just a person. A-and because you're a person, y-you should be treated n-nicely... I f-forgive you, b-because I know what it's like to be s-so afraid of what people m-might say--" She broke off there, running a hand through her hair before sighing. "Of course, I'm not trans or anything, b-but... p-people back home bully me a lot b-because I'm so 'weird'- b-because I'm so obsessed with photography and once t-they saw me kissing a g-girl and it just k-kinda-- blew up from there..." Slowly, Zoey forced herself to stop chewing on her lip, and instead she looked up and slowly smiled, though clearly still nervous. "... T-there's n-nothing wrong with being a girl, Cassie-- y-you shouldn't act like there is."

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Sun May 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
Cassie teared up. "Zoey... Thank you... There's nothing weird about photography, you just have a passion and you do it..." She wiped her eye. "And I know there's nothing wrong with being a girl... it's just... well, I wasn't raised as one, and that hurts." She sat on the bed beside Zoey. "I don't understand why people would have a problem with you taking pictures of things... it's just a hobby and another form of art..." She looked over at Zoey. "And people have a problem with you kissing a girl?" she asked, tilting her head. "Don't they have anything better to do? At least with me, they think of it as a boy going into the women's restroom, but so what if you're gay, or bi, or pan, or what have you?"
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte on Sun May 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Cherry Binary

Matrix's Little Sister

Cherry walked around, eating her hot dog while Matrix placed the burgers and hotdogs on the table. He then picked up a bell, and Chery looked at him, making grabby hands. He sighed and let Cherry ring the bell. She rang it wildly. "Come and eat!" Matrix called as he set the table with burgers, hot dogs, corn, corndogs, peas, and cold slaw. While Cherry was ringing the bell Matrix gave her a look before she shyly gave it back.

RING RING RING RING RING! DINNER!

Last edited by MochaLatte on Sun May 25, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sun May 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer

Zoey ended up blushing a little as Cassie said nothing was wrong with her photography, and she smiled a little as she tucked her hair behind her ear. Hearing the other say what she did about not being raised a girl, however, had her speaking up before she even realized it. "But that's your past- don't let that determine your future, you can do and be whatever or whoever you want." Once she fell silent, however, she started blushing fiercely, as if realizing what she'd said- but the embarrassment from that was nothing compared to what she felt as Cassie mentioned how she didn't see why people would be harsh for her kissing a girl. "W-well, see... I live in a t-town that has a lot of really devout, serious Christians... s-so anything-- anything not completely n-normal is kind of f-frowned upon... And being b-bi is like this huge devilish deed to them--" She shrugged, looking down and kicking her feet a little to give herself something else to focus on.

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next