Whispering Meadows, Summer Camp for the Gifted

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Whispering Meadows, Summer Camp for the Gifted

Post  MochaLatte on Sat May 10, 2014 11:15 am

Cherry Binary

Matrix's Little Sister

"Oooooooh... Okay." Cherry said as she looked around at the plants. "Hey do you guys know where a girl with reddish hair? She was kind of embarrassed?" Cherry asked as the plant softly pointed in a direction. "Thank you." she said as she walked in the direction behind the mess hall. She spotted Mack, blinking a couple of times as the plants hugged the girls shoes. Cherry oddly didn't cry out to Mack. She had a sense that the girl was upset, and just kneeled down, and looked at her.
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Mon May 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Kieran Titan
Fiery Tomboy

Kieran nodded, a little awkwardly. It wasn't a very good explanation, but that's all she could really say. She looked at Cherry with interest as she began speaking to the plants. Oh so that was her ability. Cool! She followed Cherry behind the dining hall.  She was suprised with how quiet the girl was being actually. Back in the cabin, it seemed like she had never stopped talking. Still, as Kieran looked at Mack, she really hoped she hadn't been the one to make her feel like this. She sighed quietly. The first day of camp was supposed to be fun, not awkward and not sad. Today had certainly been that. Kieran silently sat down near Mack, not close enough to be touching, but close enough for the other girl to know she was there.  

Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Mon May 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Rose Elmire
Thorny Rose Maiden and CIT

Rose nodded at the camper. A moment later she heard Serge's rather unmistakable voice. She sighed and gave the girl a sympathetic look.
Sorry about that. That's one of our counselors, Serge. He's a bit loud. You'll probably get used to that quickly. Most campers do.
Rose smiled at the girl, remembering her first time meeting Serge. Her reaction hadn't been that different. After a moment, Rose took out her phone and sent Blythe a message.
We need to start preparing dinner soon. Any ideas?
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Tou'rill Vertigo
Serge Vertigo's wife

If any of you, try stealing my Serge away from me...haha I'll make it so my voice is the last thing you ever hear... Enjoy camp. This really is a wonderful time. You all are capable of almost anything.
By Serge's side appeared a significantly shorter pink haired woman, gazing up at him adoringly with a slight blush spreading across her face. She didn't seem at all to be disturbed by or even hear the music emanating from her husband. She was too taken by how wonderful he was. It wasn't any counselor who would put a rock concert on for their campers. They were all truly blessed. Suddenly more harmonious music began to meld with Serge's, creating a truly lovely, but still distinctly rock sounding melody.
Tou'rill ripped her gaze away from her husband, disappointed to see no one had come out yet. She surveyed the area with a small pout until she spotted Brian. The woman turned her dazzled eyes back on her husband and hugged his arm fiercely before walking over to the other counselor, suddenly appearing before him, especially bright as she almost seem to glow a serene pink color to the smaller man. She smiled at him, speaking in an unnaturally soothing voice.
Brian, you promised me you wouldn't hide the next time Serve and I put on a show. Please come out.
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon on Mon May 12, 2014 7:39 pm

►The Headmaster◄
Does Anyone Even Know What This Guy's Deal Is?
-------------------------------------
"Sunshine! Cabins! S'MORES! YES! THIS IS THE TRUE SPIRIT OF SUMMER CAMP! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU KIDS."

As the Headmaster realized that the two ladies had ceased listening to him--he actually smiled. He stepped back from the two of them, tip-toeing away while they were distracted with each other. He moved a bit closer to the cabins, staying nearby to the tree he'd leapt out of before, looking around and making sure that everyone had somebody to talk to, and nobody was alone. Once that had been reassured, he sighed happily to himself, smiling, before suddenly, he seemed to vanish in the blink of an eye--and it wasn't really clear where he'd gone. Still, it was clear that he would pop up again eventually...he always did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Headmaster's Theme - A Song of Mystery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mackenzie Flint
Spunky Camper
"H-Hey--! It doesn't matter how I look or act, it just matters that I try my best!"

Mack had been idly picking at grass as she sat there, when suddenly, she noticed the grass beneath her feet hugging at her shoes, she looked at it curiously, then was suddenly startled when both Kieran and Cherry plopped down next to her--startling her so much that a sudden psychic blast of wind erupted from around her, heading straight upwards, making her ponytail blow all about as she squeaked in surprise. After the wind had subsided, she looked at the two other girls with wide eyes.
"...Hi."

Blythe watched as D'eon left the cabin, then was about to speak to Matrix when his phone buzzed. He pulled the iPhone out of his pocket, looking at the text from Rose on the screen and scrunching up this face a bit. He remembered the last time he'd been on cooking duty. There'd been a thirty foot line for the latrine for about five hours afterwards. That had been an unpleasant day.
"Ugh...hey--" he shoved his phone into his backpack, then looked at Matrix. "If anyone asks, I have a cold." He quickly scrambled up into his bed, pulling the light covers over himself, all the way up over his head, then speaking to Matrix again with a voice muffled by the blankets. "Actually, no. I have pneumonia. If anyone asks, I have pneumonia. Yeah."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mack's Theme - Pink Terror

Blythe Flint
Fiery C.I.T.
"Hey, exploding isn't so bad once you get used to it! ...You're...going to ignore that crater over there, right...?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gauge Cyrus
Energetic Camper
"Hey, c'mon, don't give up! You've got to just keep on moving ahead!"

"Man, don't worry, I won't beat you up! That would just be mean!" Gauge gave Vaughn a big grin, and a thumbs up--but then Vaughn told him all of the dangers of not making his bed. He paused for a moment, seeming discouraged slightly at the ideas of bugs in his bed, then hopped up the ladder to get up to his bag, and began digging through it looking for a sheet. However, after a moment, he stopped, his eyes growing a bit wider, then he resumed searching, seeming a bit nervous. At last, he sat there, and looked at Vaughn, wide-eyed and looking a bit worried. "...I think I might've forgotten it."

Gauge's Theme - Skyscraper High
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Mon May 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Vaughn Serenes
Strong Timid Camper
"I mean...no...it's just...okay...I guess..."

"It's okay! I have extras! My Dad packed extras for stuff like this." he said, and pulled out some normal blue sheets, and started to make the bed for Gauge. "My Dad thinks of this stuff. He knows kids, I guess." he chuckled, and basically made the made for Gauge. "There...oh wait...I guess I kind of just did it for you...s-sorry- WAH!" suddenly man with banjo. "W-where did he come from?"
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Mon May 12, 2014 10:13 pm

D'eon Beckett
Stern Studious Psychic
"Those with power use it harshly...I use it sparingly."
D'eon's Theme- I May Fall

D'eon finished with the firepit, and looked at the couple making music. He smiled and reached into a little pack he had, and took out two pieces of metal, and fashioned them into a flute. He blew into it, and started to play along with Serge's banjo, almost as if it was instinct for him to do so. The music was pretty awesome now, and he was concentrating so much on playing, he kind of forgot about the fire pit.
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte on Mon May 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Cherry Binary

Matrix's Little Sister

"WEEEEEEE!" Cherry said when the wind lifted her up for a moment before falling to the ground. The trees have caught her and made the landing not as traumatic. "HI!" Cherry said going back to her hyper voice. "I'm Cherry!" she said, "And plants are my friends."
MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte on Mon May 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Matrix

The Night Owl CIT

"Matrix looked at Blythe for a moment before turning his attention back on the other people around him. What he wouldn't give to just put his headphones on right now, but duty calls. "Uh... Okay." so Matrix went to find Rose. "Hey Rose?" he called as he knocked on the cabin door. "Blythe is being a wimp, and so now I am helping you cook." Matrix cooking skills were legendary. And in what sense people had to figure out for themselves. "I think hot dogs and burgers. We can use the grill." Matrix said with a dull look in his eyes.

MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Kieran Titan

Kieran stared for a moment as the wind suddenly blew Mack's hair straight up. ...Was that her ability? She suddenly remembered what her mother had said about staring and looked away. She smiled at Mack.
Hi. Are you alright? We were worried when you suddenly ran out of the cabin.
She smiled at Cherry's reaction and nodded, excited, but trying to be soothing. Maybe they could distract Mack from whatever was bothering her.
Yeah, that's her power. Isn't it cool?
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Tue May 13, 2014 12:17 am

Rose Elmire

Rose  looked up as she heard Matrix's voice. She sighed and shook her head. Rose stood up to open the door, looking in Cassie's direction before she did so.
I have to go, but the bonfire should be starting soon. You should go. It's always a lot of fun and you'll get to know the other campers a lot better.
Rose opened the door and walked out ,smiling gratefully at Matrix .
Thank you for the help. I knew Blythe wasn't a good cook, but I didn't think he would drop this all on me. Burgers and Hot Dogs sound good.
As the started walking over to the grill, Rose took out her phone and sent Blythe another text message, an expression of annoyance on her face. He was really going to be pulling stunts like this on the first day. Well, Rose wasn't going to take that very well, in fact she might actually go through with the threat. They were supposed to be examples to the campers. They couldn't be shirking responsibilities like this.
Pansy. Next time we're paired up, you're cooking by yourself.  Very Happy 
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Tue May 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
"I should go, shouldn't I?" Cassie said as Rose walked out. She looked around the cabin and realized she was the only one still in there. SCORE. She pulled her bag around and hastily put away her various clothes - none of which were cut for a girl. She also let her hallicikinesis and pherokinesis fall, revealing that, to an external viewer, she was but a boy in girl's clothing. She knew this would be fine, as no one else was in here. She smiled and hummed happily. This was going to be a great time. She was certain.
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte on Tue May 13, 2014 11:09 pm

Matrix

The Night Owl CIT

"Alright. Come on." Matrix said as he opened the grill. "We start out with heating this up... Get me the stuff." Matrix said as he looked at the showcase that was beginning. It looked like the tables were already set up and ready to go.

MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Rose Elmire

Rose nodded and grabbed what they needed. She placed them where Matrix could reach them. She surveyed the camp grounds for a moment. It looked like things were going to be in full swing soon. She hid a smile. People wouldn't expect it but she actually like Serge's music. So she actually didn't mind all of the noise. It actually seemed like they had set up quicker than usual.
Your sister's doing really well so far. I think she's the most talkative of the girls this year.
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MochaLatte on Sun May 18, 2014 2:42 am

Matrix

The Night Owl CIT

"Oh yeah? That's good to hear." Matrix said as he started flipping patties. "I was afraid not many people would like her given her nature." Matrix said as he waited for the burgers to cook more and more. "Thanks for telling me that... Though do me a favor... Don't tell her that I asked how she was doing. I don't want her thinking that I'm worried for her."

MochaLatte
B-Rank Super Criminal
B-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Todd on Sun May 18, 2014 3:18 am

Rose Elmire

Rose nodded at Matrix, handing him the materials as he needed them.
Yeah, I think most of the girls like her so far.
She laughed a little at Matrix's reaction. He tended not to have a reaction to most things, but she could tell. Matrix was really a caring guy deep down.
No problem. You know I look out for my campers.
She winked at him as she handed him more food, smiling conspiratorially.
Don't worry. I won't tell. I can keep a secret when I need to. Though, Matrix, you really are a good brother.
Raven Todd
D-Rank Super Criminal
D-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sun May 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer
-------------------------
"H-hi... Could I possibly take a picture of you...? N-not to be creepy or anything, I swear!!"

Zoey blushed a little as Sami said she was impressed by her photos, a cheery smile appearing despite her timidness. "T-thank you!!" she replied, before the sudden loud appearance of Serge made her jump and inch away some, clearly scared. Sami's little explanation of who it was didn't really help to calm her, but she tried to distract herself by talking to the counselor. "I.. uhm... y-yeah. I h-hate to be anywhere w-without my camera," she explained, smiling a bit before she noticed that... almost all the girls in her cabin had left said cabin. Maybe now she could slip in and settle in? "I-- I'm going to go p-put my stuff away now," she added after a moment, smiling awkwardly before she dragged her things to the cabin and simply walked in, glancing up once she had closed the door and realized that someone else was in there. "H-hi--?"

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Sun May 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
The hair on the back of Cassie's neck bristled. Oh no. No. This can't be happening. She was too stunned to emote properly. A whimper escaped her lips, but she remained frozen in place, holding a pair of socks aloft just above her bags. I thought no one was coming. I thought no one was coming. I thought no one was coming. I thought no one was coming. She tried to gather her frantically racing thoughts. Was that the girl with the camera...? Zoey, wasn't that her name? Oh god get yourself together... She realized she had not been breathing, so she gasped for air. As the air rushed in, the tears began to rush out, but no loud weeping accompanied them. Instead, she had a shuddering breath accompanying the torrents from her ducts. She didn't know what else to do.
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sun May 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer
"H-hi... Could I possibly take a picture of you...? N-not to be creepy or anything, I swear!!"

Zoey simply paused as she lifted her gaze from the ground in front of her to the person still in the cabin, blinking in surprise when it became rather clear... they weren't exactly what was to be expected in a girl's cabin. Instead of screeching or anything though, she quietly dragged her things to what appeared to be an unoccupied bed, then walked closer, biting her lip with worry. Clearly, this boy was embarrassed at being caught- but was he unpacking... wait! She could... somewhat recognize who it was... right? Biting her lip, the redhead reached out and gently touched the other's shoulder. "H-hey, um... C-Cassie...? W-was that it...? W-what's wrong--?" she asked softly, avoiding the more obvious question that she could have asked. She was confused, definitely- but she was more concerned with why he- she?- was crying instead. After all, it could just be a really masculine looking girl, right...? That was a thing! That happened sometimes. Jumping to conclusions was unnecessary-

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Sun May 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
"This isn't supposed to happen... this wasn't supposed to happen... this was supposed to be a fresh start..." she murmured frenetically. She clenched her fists to the point that her knuckles whitened. Her hallucikinesis flickered. It flickered once to the Cassie that everyone saw. It flickered a second time to her being invisible. It flickered back to Cassie. Then it flickered for a split second to a black, quivering mass of orbs. She turned to Zoey. Mascara and eyeliner had run down a face with only-just noticeable stubble. "I suppose you're going to call me a freak and make me leave the girl's cabin... that's it, isn't it? Come to take pictures of the freak of nature?" Her voice rose as she continued, "Go ahead! Go ahead, capture the monster, capture the bearded lady, take a picture of the disgusting tranny! You'd be just like everyone else... Everyone... Everyone..." Her voice decrescendoed at the last full sentence.
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sun May 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer

Zoey flinched a little at the sound of the other's voice, but with how the other was clenching her fists and how her powers were flickering... she couldn't help but be a little afraid. She bit her lip harshly as the other turned to her, seeing how her makeup had run and noticing the stubble- before the girl was then speaking, making Zoey flinch again as she took a step back, eyes focused on the ground. "I-- I w-wasn't-- I-- I d-didn't-- p-please-" Voice shaking and weak, Zoey took another step back as she bit her lip, her hands only holding her camera due to her protective instinct. She wasn't taking pictures- that was the last thing on her mind as she backed up to the door, trembling slightly. "I... I'm sorry--" she stammered at last, before she spun around and ran out, struggling to keep tears from her own eyes as she fled from the cabin-
But of course, she wasn't but a few feet away when she tripped and tumbled to the ground, giving a whimper as something sharp scraped up her knee. She'd just wanted to have a chance to get to know others like her, others with powers and... already, she was finding ways to mess everything up. Already, people were shutting her out and chasing her away...
She didn't bother getting up from where she'd fell, just sort of sitting there in the dirt as she clutched her camera to her chest and struggled to control the urge to tweak the light around her so she'd be less noticeable. She'd done that so often at home, but she'd promised she wouldn't hide while she was here... Of course, she hadn't expected it to be so difficult right off the bat, but... She'd promised.
Already, she just wanted to go home.

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 pm

Sami
Monroe

The Crippled and All Knowing Counselor
Sami's Theme- I'm tired of all the pain
I am a cripple...a useless corpse for society to mock

Sami smiled and saw Zoey go put her stuff away, only to see her run out and trip after hearing some sort of argument? Sami got up, and quickly levitated over to Zoey.
"Sweetie, what's the matter? Why are you in the dirt?" she asked, kneeling down and trying to comfort the girl. "Did someone say something mean to you dear?" she asked, "Here, get up and tell me what's wrong, alright?" she pulled herself up and gently took the girl's hand and moved her with her mind, gently putting the girl on her feet. She wiped one of the tears from her eye. "Now hun...what's the matter? You're not in trouble, I just want to make sure you're alright, but you have to tell me, okay?"

People can be so cruel
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vladislavich on Sun May 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Cassandra Baddle
Transcamper
"Here goes nothing..."
Cassandra, seeing Zoey run out, realized what she had just done. Oh no... No... She quickly forced her hallucikinesis into effect and ran outside, after a moment of self-loathing and guilt running through her. Goddamn it... now she really will think I'm a freak... She saw Sami talking to her and swallowed deeply. She walked up to the counselor on crutches and the camper on the ground quietly. How will she forgive me... I just exploded... we could have been friends. But I had to go and ruin that, didn't I?
Vladislavich
Newt Overlord
Newt Overlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 on Sun May 18, 2014 11:44 pm

Zoey Halleck
Clumsy Photographer

Zoey suppressed a whimper as she heard Sami's voice, ducking her head down and hugging her camera closer to her chest as if it would save her from having to talk to others. She didn't want to say anything to Sami... She was afraid of making the person back in the cabin angry if she did, and she was terrified of people who were angry. "I... I j-just tripped..." she stammered lamely, accepting Sami's help up and glancing down at her knees quietly- only to flinch when she saw their dirty, scraped up state. Her knees stung, and her eyes burned with barely restrained tears, but she refused to say anything- instead, she looked aside, simply standing there and trembling a moment before she heard the footsteps approaching... And when she looked up, there stood Cassie, looking normal as ever. She held her breath as she saw her, only daring to look at her for a moment before she squeezed her eyes shut and ducked her head, shaking her head. "I... I j-just tripped..." she repeated to Sami, her voice weak and quiet.

Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring on Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 am

Sami
Monroe

The Crippled and All Knowing Counselor
Sami's Theme- I'm tired of all the pain
I am a cripple...a useless corpse for society to mock

Sami smiled and nodded.
"I understand." she said, and put a hand over the knee, and concentrated, sending psychic energy and healing the wounds. It took a lot to do it, since this wasn't a very trained power, but she could do it for scraps and scratches. She let out a sigh and smiled. "There. That's better." she said, and looked at Cassie. "Is something the matter?" she asked.

People can be so cruel
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next