Newts in Suits Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin)

+5
Skylark-13
Akikazemoon
The Hidden Spring
Emu Queen
Amazing Pan-Sensei
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin) - Page 2 Empty Re: Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin)

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin) - Page 2 Smile32_zps85bc5fee

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt
-------------------------------------
"Sometimes, I like to imagine zhat I have control over my life...hah. Vhat a childish illusion."

Smile gave a quiet, humorless chuckle at Rommel's response and the calico-haired man's obvious embarrassment.
"At least you care...I find it hard to care about much of anyzhing, zhese days..." He took a moment to readjust his bandages slightly, then became quiet for just a moment, before speaking again. "I know zhat it sounds heartless...but I've got ozher people to vorry about before anyvone else."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smile's Theme - Quid Sum Miser
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin) - Page 2 Empty Re: Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin)

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:02 pm

Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin) - Page 2 Daiteikoku-Rommel-1

There are some who challenge death....there are others whom embrace it...
ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"Other people?" he asked. "What do ya mean?" He was kind of surprised Smile and him were having this conversation...let alone A conversation. It must have been the blow to the head, since nothing else that he could think of was a good explanation for why they were having this semi enjoyable conversation.

Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin) - Page 2 Screenshot2012-01-27at44737PM
The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylark-13 Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Paladin HQ // Medbay (Paladin) - Page 2 Boy22_zps38a1fd4f

Jasper Everhart
*Hemlock*
-------------------------
"I know everything about you... I can see it- all laid out before my eyes... The picture of you they have on file really is quite cute!~"
-------------------------

After a while, Jasper walked into the Medbay, finally giving in to the fact that he needed to be treated. That didn't mean he had to be happy about it- his head was down the whole time, and he didn't even look at Rommel or Smile despite hearing them talking. Instead, he walked to a bed near the end of the rows, sat down, and waited as medics crowded in to remove the bullets and patch him up. Nothing really too serious, given how bad the battle had been, but enough to hurt and impair any moving he tried to do. He only stayed long enough, however, to be patched up- as soon as they'd bandaged his shoulder and arm, he stood and walked out, not having said a word the entire time.

*Exit*

Skylark-13
Skylark-13
C-Rank Super Criminal
C-Rank Super Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt
"Sometimes, I like to imagine zhat I have control over my life...hah. Vhat a childish illusion."

Smile remained quiet for a good ten seconds or so after Rommel asked, but then, he finally replied,
"...It's zhe reason zhat I joined zhis team in zhe first place. Zhere's somebody outside of zhe prison who I need to find...and I vas told zhat if I vorked here, zhen she vould be located and returned to me..." He fell quiet then for a moment, and noticed Jasper coming into the room silently--only to leave without a word. He paused for a moment, then let himself flop back onto the bed--quietly cursing at the sudden jolt that it sent through his bandaged head. "Scheiße--" He readjusted the cold compress where it lay on his head slightly, then moved his head just a bit to glance over at Rommel from where he was on the other bed. "You saw zhat just now, right...? Jasper? Zhat's the problem zhat ve all have...it's vone thing zhat I think zhat Paladin overlooked...by zhe time zhat you become a criminal vith a sentence zhis large...you stop caring about a lot of things...Honestly...do you think zhat any of zhe people here vould give zheir life for zhe life of anyvone else on zhe team? Zhis squad vas built on selfishness...it's rotten down to zhe core...just like all of us." He stared up at the ceiling then for a moment, before speaking again. "Sorry. I'm a bit of a pessimist. Not to mention zhat I've kind of been thinking about it more in zhe past tventy minutes or so...I had a little trouble back in zhe tower, thanks to all of zhe thick skinned enemies...and I can't really count on anyvone else to vatch my back or anyzhing, so--I feel like I should upgrade my veapons or something...." He gave a small shrug, deciding to be quiet again now. He hadn't actually talked this much at once in a long time--it felt...really strange. Just talking this much in general.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:16 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

Jasper happened, Rommel.exe trying to process. Nope.
"That...was a...uh?" he was a little confused. He had no idea what was going on with that, and Smile tried to make an explanation. "I mean, he seemed to care when he was flirting with everyone...so maybe it has to do with that?" he shrugged. "And you said something about your sister...is she hot?" he was joking buuuuuuuuut.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile kind of just lay there while listening to Rommel--until the man got to the last part. As soon as he heard those last few words, Smile kind of just sat straight upright, glaring daggers at Rommel, still holding the cold compress to his head.
"Ask vone more thing like zhat about her and I might just need to break zhe no harming teammates rule. Seriously. And you're bedridden. Don't fucking ask things like zhat."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:16 am

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

Rommel laughed, and looked at Smile.
"I'm kidding. Geez. I wouldn't feel comfortable boinking her since I know you." he said, and looked at the ceiling. "Hey, you said you felt like your weapons weren't working, right? Why don't we team up? I pin them down or create a weakpoint, and you stick em. Then we deal some real damage." he said with a grin. That sounded like a cool idea.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:19 pm

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile made a bit of a face at the word 'boinking,' but as Rommel began to explain a battle strategy, Smile laid back down and listened.
"Hm...sounds like an idea...but I also need to be sure zhat I can operate on my own, too...I vasn't prepared for all of zhe...vell...thick-skinned enemies zhat ve fought today. I can't afford to look like I can only operate vith help. And zhat's not really how I work, anyvay. I vas thinking, maybe I could get some kind of corrosive material into zhe hallucinogens zhat my cybernetics use...I had an idea for my hammer, too, but zhat vone vill take some doing..." He paused then for a moment, then glanced over at Rommel. "I'm just...not used to vorking in a group. Zhen again...I'm not used to fighting robots, dinosaurs, or men vith impenetrable muscles, eizher..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 am

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"Well, we're gonna have to learn teamwork and restraint since we're on a team. I mean seriously." he said, and then sat up, his back cracking in the process. "So, also, if you want a new weapon, either find a smuggler, beg paladin, or get the birthday skeleton to give it to you. Like seriously." he said.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:31 pm

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

"I doubt zhat I'd have to beg Paladin for a veapon--honestly, if ve're his elite task force, zhen he should be fine giving us vhatever ve need to do things to zhe best of our ability. I vouldn't consort vith smugglers. I don't trust zhem at all--zhey're always trying to rip you off. I'll just get somebody around here to modify somezhing for me..." Smile sighed, then paused for a moment, before glancing at Rommel and speaking again. "And vhat zhe hell is zhe birthday skeleton...?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:50 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"You never heard of the birthday skeleton? He appears on your birthday at night, and you ask him what you want, and he seals the contract and gives it to you the next morning. Common knowledge." he said, acting absolutely serious despite the absolute bullshit. "And smugglers will do anything for money. They're grimy and disgusting, but reliable...sometimes." he never worked with smugglers though, so he had no idea.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:40 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile paused, listening to Rommel, then shrugged, before speaking again,
"Eizher vay, I feel like I'd razher ask Paladin about it...it's zhe least zhey can do, supplying us vith zhe proper tools..." He hesitated for a moment, then spoke again. "...And vhat, is zhis 'Birthday Skeleton' some veird American children's story zhat I've never heard about...? It can't be real. Zhat's ridiculous."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"You don't know what the Birthday Skeleton is? You're missing out man! It's when it's your birthday he visits you at night and asks you what you want. You tell him and then BAM, it's on your bed the next morning! But you can't look at him, or else he eats your soul." he said, in a completely serious voice. "Non bullshit, totally legit. It's happened to me."

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:57 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile kind of took a moment to stare at Rommel, then sat up slowly, giving the man a bit of a look.
"You Americans are veird..." he muttered quietly, shrugging slightly. "As if I'd believe in a children's story like zhat..." As he sat there, suddenly, he heard a large commotion from outside of the room, down the hall, where their main living space was. He paused for a moment, his facial expression not even changing in reaction, before speaking, "Great...zhey're killing each ozher already...or somezhing..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:36 am

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"Sounds like an orgy, but I really don't care right now." Rommel said, looking at the ceiling again. "Frankly enough, it's been enough of a crazy day, and while sex is nice, now is not the time for it." Of course normally in Rommel's book, everytime was a time of sex. "So...Smile...what part of Germany...and how hard was it hit?" he asked.

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:45 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile sighed at Rommel's initial response--but as he went on to ask about Germany, Smile's facial expression actually changed slightly, to one of surprise. Surprise that Rommel would actually ask that question--that he would even care--
"...I'm from Nuremberg," he replied quietly after a moment. "Zhe vorld vent to shit vhen I vas still a toddler...but I can remember small bits and pieces of vhat it used to be like...Bright lights...busy streets...and zhere vere alvays so many people..." He fell quiet for a moment then, looking down at his bandaged hands as they lay in his lap. "...After vhat happened back zhen...zhere vere suddenly more corpses in zhe street zhan living people...my family ran...ve managed to get by for a short time...and my parents had Astrid. And for a vhile, I thought zhat maybe ve could all just live in zhat relative peace...but it vasn't long after zhat...zhat our parents vere killed by everyday thugs. Zhat's vhen I first had to learn to defend myself...and protect Astrid. Ve stayed zhere for a vhile...but--" He cut himself off, pausing for a long moment, then giving a deep sigh and letting his head droop slightly. "I'm being vay too open here...it's not as if you asked to hear any of zhis. Long story short--vhere I'm from--zhere's nothing left zhere. At all."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:47 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"I see...Nuremberg sounded nice in prison..." he said, and paused, taking in the story. "I...forgot what my parents look like...I don't think I remember there names either." he started to really think, but nothing came to mind. "Nah...the experiments really wiped my memory. All I remember was I WAS part of the military at some point...I think I had a brother...uh..." he put a hand on his head. "Honestly, anything before the experiment is fuzzy...I can't really remember it." he turned to Smile. "You're lucky you have memories to look back on, yeah?"

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile was quiet as he listened to Rommel, still sitting on the edge of his bed, staring down at the floor. After Rommel was done speaking, he shook his head slightly, then speaking quietly,
"As much as it's nice having memories...none of zhem are particularly good...Astrid and I vere constantly on zhe run or in danger, for as long as I can remember...I vish zhat I could have given her a better life...but all I gave her vas death and violence...it's all zhat I know how to do...is kill..." He sighed again, then paused, before giving Rommel a sidelong glance. "Military experiments, huh...? ...Zhe vorld today is so messed up...ve're nozhing more zhan animals to zhem, aren't ve...?"

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:11 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"You're contradicting yourself." Rommel looked at Smile. "You're saying you're an animal...but animals only fend for themselves. They hunt, kill, and work only for what they feel is right to survive. Sure, some of these aspects apply...however...you care for your sister, Astrid yes? Some animals follow natural selection, and would leave them behind, but not you. You are more then an animal if you wished to help your sister in such a way." he gave a light, very not Rommel like smile. "As for me, I only care about myself most of the time. This happens to be not one of these times however. I act like a buffoon to cope with tension, I use sex as a coping mechanism too. Truth be told, sex has lost all meaning for me." he looked at the ceiling. "I'm more an animal then you will ever be. But I'm okay with it now. I was bred to BE an animal." he let out a hearty laugh. "Fitting for a lost soul, yeah?"

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:20 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile fell quiet for a little bit, pursing his lips slightly as he listened to Rommel speak. At first, he really wasn't sure how to reply to the man, but eventually, he finally spoke,
"I vouldn't call it...fitting...exactly..." He hesitated then, before speaking again, slowly as if he was still formulating what to say in his head as he spoke, "Zhey may think of us as animals...but I'll still disagree vith zhem at every turn..." He fell quiet again for a few seconds, looking down at his own hands. "...I'd like to think zhat zhere's somezhing of a little more substance in here...even after all zhat's happened..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:02 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"I agree with you." Rommel said, and looked at the ceiling. "We all have a little substance in us, it takes a little digging." he said. "Anyway, I think you're the more sensible one out of all of us. Opposite of me." he laughed. "It's...funny...I haven't had a talk like this in a long time. It feels nice...does this mean we can be friends?" wAS THIS MAN DELUSIONAL?! wHAT?!

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:27 am

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

Smile paused for a moment, moving his head slightly to look up the ceiling, exhaling a sigh before speaking again, slowly,
"I...don't usually make friends. It's too risky, making a bond like zhat...but I vill admit zhat you don't infuriate me now nearly as much as you did before." He paused for a moment, then scratched an itch on the back of his neck awkwardly, mumbling, "So...zhat's a start."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:48 pm

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"Wow...I was expecting a no...though...that wasn't a yes either. Best I got..." he said, and nodded. "So, that means I CAN make dick jokes and you'll get them now...I'm kidding of course." Rommel closed his eyes and just fell silent. He wanted to concentrate on his breathing. After a bit...he spoke. "I could really go for a beer right now..."

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Akikazemoon Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Smile
Lukas Reinhardt

"Meh...beers don't help much. Zhey just take off a temporary edge. Zhat's all. Zhere's no use in running from all of zhis now..." he paused for a moment, then stood from the bed he'd been sitting on, removing the ice pack from his forehead and stretching his arms upwards. "So...I don't know about you...but I think zhat I might want to go see vhat's happening over in zhe ozher room..."

Akikazemoon
Akikazemoon
Rookie Hero
Rookie Hero

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hidden Spring Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:03 am

ε яэ
I say...fuck it...

"I would if I could. I need a little more time to heal. Maybe another hour or so." he said, and let out a sigh. "Honestly, I wish they would have made the regeneration thing a little better with the drug. Like actually..." he shook his head and then laughed. "Oh god, I can't believe I actually am wanting modifications to this drug. Shit."

The Hidden Spring
The Hidden Spring
Champion of Newts
Champion of Newts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next